Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 15

Empowered Sign-ups/OOC

Doc
  • Citizen
  • I thought your panes didn't have edges in the first place. Aren't they 'an inch thick and have rounded sides'? I'm not really sure how you're cutting anything with that.
    As it stands, if these panes did have an edge, it would work, but if they don't, then it won't.

One of the major weaknesses of para-aramids though (and one I quite liked for Aztech's very light-heavy theming) was that they are susceptible to degradation from UV light. You could polarize, filter, then focus light through a succession of planes at the goo, which would be rather more effective.
    Which is again why I say creative use of powers makes them far more effective than people might otherwise think, since you could also build yourself a death laser using the power of the sun.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • I thought your panes didn't have edges in the first place. Aren't they 'an inch thick and have rounded sides'? I'm not really sure how you're cutting anything with that.
    As it stands, if these panes did have an edge, it would work, but if they don't, then it won't.

One of the major weaknesses of para-aramids though (and one I quite liked for Aztech's very light-heavy theming) was that they are susceptible to degradation from UV light. You could polarize, filter, then focus light through a succession of planes at the goo, which would be rather more effective.
    Which is again why I say creative use of powers makes them far more effective than people might otherwise think, since you could also build yourself a death laser using the power of the sun.
    That's what the knife is for. The panes were intended to provide pressure, the knife to provide an edge (because Optical has no idea what a para-aramid is and figured that goo = cuttable/leverage-off-the-roof-able). And Optical can only make transparent one pane at a time. That said, her failing miserably will be amusing!
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Forgive me Father for I have sinned, against you and against narrative satisfaction.

Don't worry, the story's not over. You'll thank me for this in like five posts.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I call shenanigans, because a Uzi isn't going to really do anything but chip the paint, and certainly not knock him back for such an appreciable length of time that they can briefly converse, turn into a dragon, and fly away, so I'll instead suggest that Andrew lashed out one last time while he wasn't expecting it and knocked him back a couple blocks.
    That, we've seen, totally does work, and would probably be sufficient to drop him into low-power considering the beating he'd taken up to this point.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • jesus ashton just let this stupid mission end already, i want to start setting shit on fire and being the villain, not this avengers bullshit
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • I call shenanigans, because a Uzi isn't going to really do anything but chip the paint, and certainly not knock him back for such an appreciable length of time that they can briefly converse, turn into a dragon, and fly away, so I'll instead suggest that Andrew lashed out one last time while he wasn't expecting it and knocked him back a couple blocks.
    That, we've seen, totally does work, and would probably be sufficient to drop him into low-power considering the beating he'd taken up to this point.
    Good points. Edit?
    jesus ashton just let this stupid mission end already, i want to start setting shit on fire and being the villain, not this avengers bullshit
    You'll get to burn down an entire compound at the very end.

Unless everyone is tired of this story, then I can have the game end here.
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • I'm fine with either option. =D
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Thurmond is back to normal because I don't feel like killing him off against the police and, well, David yet. I'm fine with a few more bits of this story, Thurmond is fun to play
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • So quick vote: should the mission be over, or is the escape canon? The most answers for whatever option I get in 72 hours is the one I'm going with. If there's no response at all, I'm going with the line I planned.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • No opinion from me.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Canon escape, I suppose.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Canon escape, I suppose.
    But I thought you were calling shenanigans on that?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • The shenanigans I called were on the mechanism, not the actual escape.
    It's like, Superman could give less of a shit about bullets, but oh hey it's Doomsday punching him and wow that looked like it hurt. So if you edit it such that it's Andrew who punched him, rather than Keisha shooting him, then I'm down with it.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • I just watched Scott Pilgrim and I am inspired.
    2 people like this post: Cinciri, Lily Polisesul
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • I just watched Scott Pilgrim and I am inspired.
    Should read the manga its so much better than the movie but still my respect for that series is high
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 15