Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 15

Empowered Sign-ups/OOC

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • -snip-
    Name: Arcadia

Age and Gender: 25 and male

Appearance: 6' 4" slim build long brown hair down to the middle of his back and blue eyes, looks like a badass, wears a suit of powerarmour (like Ironman) but no tech weapons, only takes the suit off to sleep and make love ofc.

Personality: crazy to normal humans but they are the crazy ones, fights for the good of mankind (sometimes makes it worse for himself), he's a loner not one for long term relationships.

loves: tech, swords (big ones), fighting, honour in fights if its a unfair fight he'll walk away the harder the fight the more he loves it.

hates: injustice of the world wants to make it a better place (in his mind by doing what most be done), cheating in a fight, sidekicks they get in the way of the good fights.

Alignment: Lawful and Good

Biography: made a suit of powerarmour at 16 no one knows who helped him (if anyone), he made it to help the world...... well tries to. always been good at swordplay number 1 in his class.

super powers: Intelligence (mad scientist type of intelligence) augmented his strength by 100% and speed by 100% to be the best he can be with a sword.

powerarmour: gives him enhanced strength, speed and toughness can with stand great hits, explosions and fire.

p.s. its been a long time since I've RP about 5 years so sorry :P
    Approved, with the following power explanations:

+500% human speed and strength, the durability of an M1 Abrams.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • @BP (how do I mention people here anyway?) He's a firebender from Avatar, OK? And the cartoon kind where they can make their own not the movie kind where they only manipulate existing fire.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • if you need to know more info on my character just ask :)
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • @BP (how do I mention people here anyway?) He's a firebender from Avatar, OK? And the cartoon kind where they can make their own not the movie kind where they only manipulate existing fire.
    You mention people by typing @insert username here, and the forum will automatically mention them. For multiword usernames, just type them (like I did above with "insert username here"), and it still works. (Also note that mentions don't work if edited in.)
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Cinciri:
    my dude do you just always make a Rus', because seriously
    But yeah on to serious comments.
    What is a 'basic bow'? Followup: are his weapons etc. all made out of something fancy (comic-book fancy, like 15,000 folded meteoric iron alloyed with mithril, adamantium, y'know, fancy-sounding shit), or could he be taken out with the simple expedient of breaking his weapons first?
    How far can these bolts go? Are these like Cyclops-style, very destructive bolts, or more like an astonishingly convenient taser? You say they're not continuous - so it's kind of like a Star-Wars style blaster gun? How many can he push out in, say, a 10 second period? Can he do both hands at once?
    How high can he jump with those implants - over a house, 10 stories, over a skyscraper? Does he need to land on his feet to be okay (e.g. Portal), or does he have enhanced durability?

Overall:
    dear god we make a thing about superhumans and y'all skew towards evil first thing
    fortunately i'm a believer in people having multiple characters
    First off Rus pants are Viking in origin my dude, and he is from Iceland.
    Basic bow means longbow, not a compound bow.
    One of his tomahawks is made from modern Damascus, but nothing innately special, though the handles are difficult to break as they are strong wood with metal supports. He is in no way weak after his weapons have been broken as he can also cause electric charges to flow through his fists if he wanted to.
    Somewhere in between destructive bolts and super-taser depends on range (point blank is very strong but rapidly turns into the later), range is at very maximum one kilometer, though at reduced efficiency.
    He has enough energy for 10 consecutive bolts, but if he expends them all at once he can recharge them naturally in about 10 minutes.
    His implants can improve his jumping ability to about 8 meters high, and if he lands on his feet he is fine, but he prefers to tuck and roll. 
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Fayt:
    We've never met, so sup. Anyway;
    How is he both crazy but lawful good? Unless you mean crazy in the most idealistic Batman sense, where he literally lets himself get the shit beat out of him on a regular basis in order to SAVE INNOCENTS (insert Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader reference where he lets himself get killed because INNOCENTS). I contrast this with the most cynical Batman sense, where he just beats up poor, arguably defenseless people with his superior training, physique, and weaponry, and justifies it to himself by screeching CRIME and patting himself on the back for not killing, but nonetheless prides himself on putting people in traction for 8 months. That was a really long digression, but I have deeply mixed feelings about Batman, mostly because fundamentally god dammit I wanna be Batman.
    Back to your thing: yeah please explain the 'crazy but lawful good nonetheless'. Is this an Azrael sort of gig, where he's brainwashed into this psycho PRAISE GOD, KILL CRIMINALS kind of deal? The aforementioned 'I am Batman and I have a serious martyr complex' kind of deal? Or is he just honestly seriously crazy and only thinks he's lawful good because he's so crazy (I like this theory best because that's some 3deep5me shit)?
    I'm...uh...not sure how useful being #1 in his class at swordplay is. I generally didn't have swording classes at school. Besides that though, it's an origin story. It's okay. You can tell us if he made the powered armor or not. Arguably we should kind of insist, because it's the difference between being Tony Stark (genius who makes powered armor, to the extent that 'genius' is probably power #1, trumping 'powered armor' and 'ludicrous wealth', which is arguably a required secondary power for powered armor anyway unless it's some kitbashed backyard-scientist looking stuff) or James Rhodes (pretty smart dude but not 'make powered armor' smart).
    To clarify - does he have 200% strength and speed outside the suit, and 800% (400% of 200%) inside the suit, or is it 200% and 400% (or 600%, if it's supposed to be 200%+400%), and most of what the suit is adding is durability? Can he fly in the suit (Iron Man) or is it more of a kind of MJOLNIR V kind of deal? Does the suit have integrated weapons, or is it mostly, er, sword? Seeing as the sword is unmentioned, are we supposed to assume there's anything special about it, or is it just supposed to be your regular old sword?
    And now the hard part.
    The hard part
    Quantifying the amount of damage an M1 Abrams can withstand. This is harder than it sounds, because real talk: that armor is fucking thick, hard, and get your mind out of the gutter we're doing physics. Penetrating (goddamit) that armor will take...well we'll just use an M829 at point blank range, because hell if I'm doing too much math past midnight, and we'll get 12MJ of energy. That's...well, that's kind of a shitload (considering a heavyweight boxer might do 1kJ, or a .50 cal bullet maybe 18kJ). I don't even have the slightest clue what kind of pressure will be necessary to get that to break, since presumably this is some kind of super-material that can do in a centimeter or two what an Abrams needs 20-30 times that quantity of armor to do, which then presumably raises its degree of resistance to other forms of energy. Assuming that this armor is the magic type of armor that we get in fiction, which perfectly distributes energy, kinetic or otherwise, across its own surface, transferring none to the delicate flesh beneath it until it fails, for all practical purposes they'd probably need rocket artillery, or an alarmingly accurate tank crew, to take you down. Or, y'know, a superhero.
    Also I can't tell if you're a hero or a villain.

Ashton:
    I am literally playing a superhero-themed FATE game with my usual gaming group. We do this kind of loophole finding shit all the time. Of course, for the purposes of gaming abstractions, we eliminate a lot of the 'elemental manipulation on the atomic level' kind of stuff outside of stunts or other fate point uses, and really it degenerates to 'aight I use my Shoot 6 on you, you use your Athletics 5 to dodge, rolloff fam'. But then the DM spins it into a 'Sparkboy launches a torrent of electricity at Mantis, but she pushes her jetboots into overdrive. Stray crackles of lightning dance across the surface of her armor, but the vast majority is wasted into the air. The stench of ozone fills Mantis' nose, and she knows she got lucky here - but how long can it last?'
    He's a good DM. That's what I'm getting at.
    And I mean, sure, 'peak' performance and intelligence is probably worth contending. But I'd be pretty happy with the assumption that anyone trying to play with the big boy superheroes is in the 90th percentile and up in most categories.
    I'd also like to be 100% clear that being fast, or strong, or agile in no way suggests you'd be able to survive a bullet. Knife Nut might be 4% body fat, runs a mile in 3 minutes, and can bench press a car, but he gets shot, he doesn't have an extra lung lying around. He's gonna die. ("Good," growls Nighthawk in his deep bass voice. "Death is the only suitable price for his crimes. The pocketbook of Justice has been balanced." Nighthawk is kind of an asshole, but the Justice Community accepts him because he's really cool, and more importantly he paid for their secret base. He put up a billion dollars for it, they can put up with his ancap rhetoric every so often.)
    Give me like...30 minutes to type up the rest of my PM. Maybe we can make something else work. nevermind there have been 4 new replies since I started writing this and you put up a topic already jesus fuck am I slow

Justinian:
    It's vaguely annoying. Quotes are easier and accomplish much the same objective. Just remove the necessary content. But with me you don't really have to, because I click on threads that I'm actively interested in anyway. I'll read any reference to me eventually.
    And aight. I just wanted clarity. Although more clarity (read: more questions answered) is always a positive for everyone, because often I find that by answering questions people ask, it's an opportunity for me to just make up some shit about backstory by giving examples.

Cinciri:
    generally when I do strikeouts i'm approximately 0% serious
    I asked about the weapons because I want to get an idea of just how much of a heavy-hitter he is. Mjolnir, for example, is generally considered unbreakable (Cate Blanchett aside, but shit those cheekbones could cut diamonds anyway), and Thor can go toe-to-toe with immensely powerful villains without worrying about losing an important part of his toolkit (which, admittedly, is pretty much entirely Mjolnir, and maybe like 2% flowing blonde locks). Deadpool, on the other hand, uses just sort of regular old weapons that he presumably buys in bulk, and so he goes through quite a few of these because they break every so often, although since he uses katanas, and everyone knows katanas are overpowered, not quite as many as you'd otherwise think. Still, when they do break, he's kinda gotta scramble for a new thing, or hope for a backup.
    but yes you the real MVP answering all my annoying questions
    2 people like this post: Ashton Mercer, Fayt
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • He does have backups for all his weapons but only carries two tomahawks, one knife, and his bow (sometimes) at any one time. He can definitely hold his own without them though.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:21:18 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
    Fayt:
    We've never met, so sup. Anyway;
    How is he both crazy but lawful good? Unless you mean crazy in the most idealistic Batman sense, where he literally lets himself get the shit beat out of him on a regular basis in order to SAVE INNOCENTS (insert Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader reference where he lets himself get killed because INNOCENTS). I contrast this with the most cynical Batman sense, where he just beats up poor, arguably defenseless people with his superior training, physique, and weaponry, and justifies it to himself by screeching CRIME and patting himself on the back for not killing, but nonetheless prides himself on putting people in traction for 8 months. That was a really long digression, but I have deeply mixed feelings about Batman, mostly because fundamentally god dammit I wanna be Batman.
    Back to your thing: yeah please explain the 'crazy but lawful good nonetheless'. Is this an Azrael sort of gig, where he's brainwashed into this psycho PRAISE GOD, KILL CRIMINALS kind of deal? The aforementioned 'I am Batman and I have a serious martyr complex' kind of deal? Or is he just honestly seriously crazy and only thinks he's lawful good because he's so crazy (I like this theory best because that's some 3deep5me shit)?
    I'm...uh...not sure how useful being #1 in his class at swordplay is. I generally didn't have swording classes at school. Besides that though, it's an origin story. It's okay. You can tell us if he made the powered armor or not. Arguably we should kind of insist, because it's the difference between being Tony Stark (genius who makes powered armor, to the extent that 'genius' is probably power #1, trumping 'powered armor' and 'ludicrous wealth', which is arguably a required secondary power for powered armor anyway unless it's some kitbashed backyard-scientist looking stuff) or James Rhodes (pretty smart dude but not 'make powered armor' smart).
    To clarify - does he have 200% strength and speed outside the suit, and 800% (400% of 200%) inside the suit, or is it 200% and 400% (or 600%, if it's supposed to be 200%+400%), and most of what the suit is adding is durability? Can he fly in the suit (Iron Man) or is it more of a kind of MJOLNIR V kind of deal? Does the suit have integrated weapons, or is it mostly, er, sword? Seeing as the sword is unmentioned, are we supposed to assume there's anything special about it, or is it just supposed to be your regular old sword?
    And now the hard part.
    went to a private school where he did swordsmanship. he's crazy in a "only think's he's lawful good" and yes he made the powerarmour. outside the suit he's 200% in the suit he's 600%. no can't fly. no weapons in the suit (because that's not him lol) the sword is about 7' long made from the same material as the suit. Its a little evil but is a good guy at heart.
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • nvm
    Name: Zoraida "Zorie" Aglaea. Secret Identity: "Siren".
    Age and Gender: 17, female.
    Appearance: Young, beautiful, long straight red hair, with a look of innocence.
    Prefers to wear bright dresses, either purple if choosing one color, or multiple bright colors. Accessorizes with wrist bracelets and a hairband with flower decorations.

Personality:
    Likes - Colorful things, art, singing, humming, dancing, parties.
    Dislikes - Bullies, uncomfortable silence, formal clothing, being told to shut up, hecklers.
    Hates, and may attempt to attack on sight - Rapists.
    Tries to get anyone around her to like her, with a preference for the weak and those who remind her of herself. The strong may be viewed with suspicion until they prove to be nice people.
    Though her personality and powers are about getting people to like her and listen to her, she still has problems being too close with people for too long.

Alignment: Neutral Good, leaning toward Chaotic Good.
    Biography: A high school student known for her beauty, and large circle of friends. When her strong personality made her the target of rape and her cries to make him stop were useless, the trauma gave Zoraida a magical ability to convince or compel others to do, or not do, whatever she desires.
    Determined to use this power for good, she avoids violence and uses only her voice to stop villains and anyone who picks on the weak so they won't have to feel her pain.

Powers:
    Charming Voice - Siren is an expert at charming others to like her. Those who don't know her, quickly like her. Those who like her, can be convinced to love her. Given enough time, a crowd can be convinced to take her side, and even an enemy (with no personal reason to hate her) can be convinced to look the other way.
    Compelling Voice - Siren can enchant others to do what she asks, given enough time (a few seconds each for the weak willed/no-name mooks, much longer otherwise). Simple actions, "look/go over there", "tell me about {x}", or actions the target might want to take anyway like telling someone who is hungry "Shouldn't you go take a lunch break?", work far better than commands than would be immediately harmful, such as "light yourself on fire" which would likely just break the compulsion immediately, though something in between might result in a target following a command, but only technically, or inefficiently, through partial resistance.
    Sonic Scream - Screams very loudly. Can shatter already weakened structures nearby, and cause minor harm to the living. Used very infrequently, as it harms innocents and allies just as much as enemies, which Siren would prefer to avoid, and may exhaust Siren for several minutes or possibly hours, preventing use of other powers in that time.
    Logical weaknesses (Thought this should be added, invincible heroes are boring) - Powers do not work at all on those who are deaf, mindless, or completely insane. Powers cannot be used while unable to concentrate or breathe. Powers are weaker on those who do not speak the language, or are being spoken to through a thick surface, or indirectly through a phone. Powers are weakened when Siren is forced to appear visually unappealing and can be seen by the target.
    Siren does not have any special powers or weapons related to physical combat, choosing to stay a safe distance from hostiles that's just close enough for them to hear her. If allies are present, Siren will stay in back. If alone, Siren may compel a weak enemy to be her shield.

"Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." guess I took awhile on this. Hopefully long enough that the result is acceptable.
    2 people like this post: Cinciri, Fayt
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:13:05 AM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • So I am a little confused about how this RP. works, and how the different character stories blend and what not
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • So I am a little confused about how this RP. works, and how the different character stories blend and what not
    I'll do my best. For starters, we have two types of stories: Open and Selective.

Open stories, like the one we have open right now, are available for anyone who has an approved character and would care to join. The maker of the open story thread (usually will. be me, but others will be able to make their own as things solidify) acts as a sort of GM, controlling NPCs and setting up a scenario for others to join into. Your characters then just join the story and go with the flow. It's free-form fun for the whole family.

Selective stories are special threads, usually dedicated to character backstory or development. These stories are closed to everyone, and only the maker of the story gets to choose who joins and how. They can be free-form, or have a strict format, depending on the thread author.

Open and Selective stories, for the purposes of world building, are both parts of the Empowered universe. What happens in a Selective thread might effect future posts in an Open thread, and so on. Just like in real life: there are stories that you are a part of and those that are not, but both are valid and might effect each other.

Does that make a little more sense, or did I only just confuse everyone more?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • -snip-
    Prefers to wear bright dresses, either purple if choosing one color, or multiple bright colors. Accessorizes with wrist bracelets and a hairband with flower decorations.

Personality:
    Dislikes - Bullies, uncomfortable silence, formal clothing, being told to shut up, hecklers.
    Tries to get anyone around her to like her, with a preference for the weak and those who remind her of herself. The strong may be viewed with suspicion until they prove to be nice people.
    Though her personality and powers are about getting people to like her and listen to her, she still has problems being too close with people for too long.

Biography: A high school student known for her beauty, and large circle of friends. When her strong personality made her the target of rape and her cries to make him stop were useless, the trauma gave Zoraida a magical ability to convince or compel others to do, or not do, whatever she desires.
    Determined to use this power for good, she avoids violence and uses only her voice to stop villains and anyone who picks on the weak so they won't have to feel her pain.

Powers:
    Charming Voice - Siren is an expert at charming others to like her. Those who don't know her, quickly like her. Those who like her, can be convinced to love her. Given enough time, a crowd can be convinced to take her side, and even an enemy (with no personal reason to hate her) can be convinced to look the other way.
    Compelling Voice - Siren can enchant others to do what she asks, given enough time (a few seconds each for the weak willed/no-name mooks, much longer otherwise). Simple actions, "look/go over there", "tell me about {x}", or actions the target might want to take anyway like telling someone who is hungry "Shouldn't you go take a lunch break?", work far better than commands than would be immediately harmful, such as "light yourself on fire" which would likely just break the compulsion immediately, though something in between might result in a target following a command, but only technically, or inefficiently, through partial resistance.
    Sonic Scream - Screams very loudly. Can shatter already weakened structures nearby, and cause minor harm to the living. Used very infrequently, as it harms innocents and allies just as much as enemies, which Siren would prefer to avoid, and may exhaust Siren for several minutes or possibly hours, preventing use of other powers in that time.
    Logical weaknesses (Thought this should be added, invincible heroes are boring) - Powers do not work at all on those who are deaf, mindless, or completely insane. Powers cannot be used while unable to concentrate or breathe. Powers are weaker on those who do not speak the language, or are being spoken to through a thick surface, or indirectly through a phone. Powers are weakened when Siren is forced to appear visually unappealing and can be seen by the target.
    Siren does not have any special powers or weapons related to physical combat, choosing to stay a safe distance from hostiles that's just close enough for them to hear her. If allies are present, Siren will stay in back. If alone, Siren may compel a weak enemy to be her shield.

"Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." guess I took awhile on this. Hopefully long enough that the result is acceptable.
    Ughhh.

So here's the thing. I love your character. She seems versatile, deep, fun, and lord knows we need some good alignments here.

It's your power that is my biggest problem. Not the sonic scream part, but the manipulation part. Powers like mind reading, mind control, hypnosis, suggestion and that sort of thing, are VERY contentious and potentially toxic in an RP. People don't like losing any sort of control over their characters, and I'm not gonna like losing any sort of control over my characters and NPCs.

Normally, I would flat out refuse. However, you did put a big leash on it by mostly limiting it to a sort of hypnotic suggestion, and making things that would really cast you into the OP territory. I'm going to wait for Doc and the rest of the RP's opinion on this. If they're okay with it, or if they have a better suggestion we can do that.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Oh. Maybe that's more appropriate for DnD type RPs then... Forget that one, maybe I'll come back with something else.

I'm not actually going to come up with something else, not going to make anyone read another long post for nothing. Sorry for doing it once. I think I read the initial post, but didn't actually understand it well enough.
    From the other characters being immediately accepted, and the damage power being only acceptable one here, I see that powers are meant to be in the form of "how do you hurt/kills things", and I mostly play various types of tricksters and other characters who don't directly hurt/kill things.
    This is not a complaint, I have no problem with being told I won't fit in, happens all the time, and of course the DM should be able to deny characters that don't fit in, I'm not here to mess with the story, I just think I won't be able to come up with an acceptable character that won't mess up the experience for anyone yet would still be interesting to me.
    Also if I try again, it will be immediately clear that all of my characters are based on me but with powers so I can do what I know, seems like that might cause doubt in my RP ability.
    Edit: I think I got quoted again on page 3, apparently this forum notifies you of that happening, but I don't think I want to look... I don't want to cause an argument, sorry for my post, just ignore me.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:30:01 AM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • -snip-

Personality:

Powers:

Ughhh.

So here's the thing. I love your character. She seems versatile, deep, fun, and lord knows we need some good alignments here.

It's your power that is my biggest problem. Not the sonic scream part, but the manipulation part. Powers like mind reading, mind control, hypnosis, suggestion and that sort of thing, are VERY contentious and potentially toxic in an RP. People don't like losing any sort of control over their characters, and I'm not gonna like losing any sort of control over my characters and NPCs.

Normally, I would flat out refuse. However, you did put a big leash on it by mostly limiting it to a sort of hypnotic suggestion, and making things that would really cast you into the OP territory. I'm going to wait for Doc and the rest of the RP's opinion on this. If they're okay with it, or if they have a better suggestion we can do that.
    How come I was able to get away with a similar character back in the last super RP without getting this little chat? You must really like me :P
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 15