Pages: [1]

The Adventures of Archangel Uriel, God's Archer. (Not connected to Mithra)

Fortis Scriptor
  • Former Citizen
  • Writing Addict and Sadistic God of Mithra
  • So to give a little information, back in really early 2016, I started writing this story about this character Archangel Uriel in a no filter experiment, anything goes that sort of thing, what resulted in my mind was an urban fantasy-ish/supernatural story following a character who is a bit like Deadpool if he was an angel, but there is more to him to that I assure. Unfortunately for his story and universe I ended up coming up with Mithra and so it kind of got... smooshed, under the piles of Mithra docs, but I wanted to do something with his character so I've decided to write some short story like things when I'm in the mood. The following is the first part of the first story, as I haven't written the rest of it yet. Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to give me some feedback  :D

Spoiler
    Field Report 24/06/05, Swiss Guard Section 2962 (Vampire Kill Team) to his Holiness Pope Urban IX

By order of his holiness Arch Bishop Dominic Vollensio, on the morning of June twenty-third the year of our Lord two thousand and five, we conducted a clearing operation of a building on the outskirts of Gorga, Italy, which according to multiple sources of intelligence was the location of the large S-class vampire coven codenamed Hellhound which my team had been tracking for six months.

At 06:30 hours we arrived on location and breached the building.

Upon entering, we found the entirety of the coven as well as a number of civilians dead. The cause of death for the civilians was determined to be blood loss, but each had a postmortem gunshot wound to the head. Cause of death for the vampires was determined to be repeated gunshot wounds, knife and or sword wounds, and a number of arrows tipped with blessed silver and gold. The condition of the bodies suggests they were dispatched with extreme prejudice.

A number of red feathers were also retrieved from the scene.

The only conclusion I can find is that this is the work of an Angel, however, I know not any angel whose wings are red...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

01:00 Hours 23/06/05, abandoned building, Gorga, Italy.

A speaker in the corner of the coven boomed a cover of the Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive. (This one to be precise, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SChZmrnvw )

The Vampires feasted upon the two human teenagers who had foolishly followed them back to the coven, lower vampires licking the blood that dripped from their superiors chins.

"To a new home!" The Elder cheered slobbering blood as he tongue kissed a young female next to him.

The others cheered as they drank, and danced to the music.

Suddenly with great force, the front door was knocked off its hinges and sent flying down the hall.

"What the?!" one of the guards cursed.

Out from the shadows of the outside, a man in a white suit strutted in through the broken door.

"A little ironic to be listening to this song wouldn't you say?" The man smirked, "Considering you're already dead..."

The two guards drew pistols on the man, "Who the hell are you?" one of them snarled.

"Oh me?" The mysterious man said stroking his scruffy chin, "I'm just a freelancer for death."

The man suddenly disappeared with a blast of air, a few feathers flying at the two guards' faces.

"Where'd he go?!" a guard said. Just then he heard something bounce off the side of his shoe, it was a frag grenade with a cross carved into it, "Oh Shi--" The grenade went off blasting the two guards feet off and sending their weapons flying.

As quickly as he'd disappeared the man dropped back down through the doorway a pair of chrome pistols in his hands.

"Knock knock assholes!"

He walked into the first room spotting a dozen panicking vampires. The man smiled a big toothy grin laughing with joy, then opened fire.

The Vampires could barely react, those that didn't get dropped in the opening hail of bullets tried to attack or run.

A pair of them rushed with knives in their hands, teeth bared.

With a flash of white light, one of the man's pistols reconstructed itself into a sword before he used it to decapitate one of his attackers. The other went in to bite the man but found himself chewing on the barrel of the man's pistol. The man pulled the trigger painting the wall a greyish pink and red, the vampire's corpse falling flat on his back the last of his brain matter sloshing out the back of his obliterated skull.

The man casually walked through the house humming the tune of the song as he killed every vampire he found.

One rounded a corner as the man went to change magazines, rushing at him with a machete in his hand. The man reached down to the new magazine and with another flash of light pulled out a bullet from the magazine which turned into an arrow, then he jammed it into the vampire's neck before using his sword to decapitate him.

The man finally came to the last door in the house, which led to the basement. He reached down to open it but found it locked. He let in a deep irritated breath before kicking the door down the stairs.

"Some Vampires you are... I thought this was supposed to be a strong coven, apparently... I was mistaken." The man cackled.

"What?! What the hell are you?!" The elder cried holding an old sword in both hands trembling.

The man continued to laugh as wings slowly sprung out of his back the feathers completely red.

"Oh god... You're him... The Redeemed Fallen, The Crimson Winged Angel.... Archangel Uriel!"

"I wouldn't be calling to god if I were you boy." Uriel Hissed picking up the old vampire by the throat. "You shouldn't have robbed my friend, and killed his subordinate you son of a bitch," he snapped the vampire's neck and dropped him to the floor.

"Please! Don't kill us!" The young vampires sobbed.

"Shame, you two are pretty hot..." He muttered unloading his pistols into the two of them.

Uriel knelt in the pool of blood gathering on the floor and howled with laughter convulsing. "I haven't played like this in decades!"

To be continued....
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick

Fortis Scriptor
    • Big fan of good conversation
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • A very fun read. Could definitely see this as a comic.
    1 person likes this post: Fortis Scriptor

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 đŸ”„

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Fortis Scriptor
  • Former Citizen
  • Thanks for giving it a read Gerrick, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :D

Fortis Scriptor
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  •  Oh Lordy lord.... I like this, it's an interesting read and a delightful take on an angel. I would love to see more!
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Fortis Scriptor
  • Former Citizen
  • Glad you like it Gatto, here's some more for you  :D

Part two
    Spoiler

08:45 hours 27/06/05, Azure Moon Bar, Downtown Manhattan, New York City, United States.

The fog glided through the decrepit street in Downtown Manhattan the few people walking around avoiding one another with an unspoken respect. No one took notice of the big burly Japanese man in a brand new perfectly clean white suit standing before the dimly lit Azure Moon Bar. The man had a thin goatee and long black hair which he kept in a messy ponytail styled in a similar fashion to a ronin. The suit made him seem like a business man, but his build and the way he kept his hair was telling of who he actually was.

The man walked to the doorman with a classical proud swagger.

“Is he here?” The man asked.

The doorman smiled, “He hasn’t come out this door.”

“Thank you
” The man replied with a polite bow.

The doorman opened the door letting the man in the white suit through into the quiet bar.

The room was decorated with flags, a few weapons, framed photographs, and other more typical pub like decor. It was near empty with a couple of patrons passed out sitting at corner tables, and the bartender, a bodacious woman with dark blue hair wearing a fitting black t-shirt, was cleaning glasses while humming the tune of a popular pop song, she had a happy peaceful smile on her face.

Her smile faded when she saw the man in the white suit, “What can I do for you this morning sir?”

“You know why I’m here
 Can you point me in the right direction?” The man replied coldly placing one of his scarred hands on the bar leaning against it shooting the bartender a serious glare.

The bartender scoffed, “You know he doesn’t need a babysitter
” The woman gave a lustful smirk in remembrance, “I can assure that.”

The man in the white suit flipped a red feather from his suit jacket and reached it out to the bartender showing it to her, “This... renders that argument useless, I’m only acting on an oath.”

The woman’s eyes widened in terror.

“Room directions, now preferably.” The man returned the feather to his pocket.

“Up the stairs third door on the right.” She pointed.

“Thank you.” The man growled turning from the bar, he sauntered towards the stairwell.

His footfalls struck the hardwood stairs like someone striking a bass drum in a slow methodical beat.

As he reached the top of the stairs people had opened their doors looking for the source of the heavy footsteps. A few quickly slammed their doors shut at the sight of him, others looked on in awe.

The man reached the door the bartender had directed him to. He reached his large hand down and grabbed the knob trying to open the door, but he found it locked.

The man let in a deep irritated breath, letting it out slow with a quiet incantation in an ancient language.

The lock on the door clicked. The man opened the door and cautiously entered the room. It was filthy, clothes, and empty containers of various alcoholic beverages of varying sizes were scattered all over. The room smelled of sweat and the scent of vomit was emanating from the small bathroom off to the right.

The man crept towards the bed leaning over Archangel Uriel, and a woman fast asleep.

The man reached down to his side where a knife scabbard was fastened to his belt. As he drew the knife he muttered a few words in the ancient language, and the knife drew out as a full-length katana.

Holding the sword in one hand at a defensive guard he reached out his hand and shook Uriel by the shoulder.

“Archangel, wake up!”

Uriel groggily stirred,”What? It’s too early, come back later
” He snored loudly

The man relaxed his stance and let out a relieved sigh shaking his head. He reached down again and shook Uriel harder.

“Wake up Archangel, it is time to return home.”

Uriel squinted his eyes open, “Mushi?” he sat up in bed revealing his stark naked state of dress, “What day is it?”

Archangel Uriel’s trusted friend and comrade Miyamoto Musashi let out a quiet chuckle, “It’s the twenty-seventh Archangel,” 

“*censored*
 It happened again didn’t it.” Uriel winced putting a hand to his forehead. “Last thing I remember doing was agreeing to help Grim out because one of his Reapers was killed investigating soul robbery
”

Miyamoto’s smile faded back to his usually straight face, “You massacred more than thirty S-Class Vampires taking vengeance for the crime, the Vatican found red feathers at the scene.”

“I haven’t had an episode like that in a long time
 How’d you find me here anyway Mushi?”

Miyamoto retrieved a phone from his pocket and swiped to a text screen, it was a selfie Uriel had taken in the room holding up a topless girl his wings still bright red, a caption attached reads ‘AMB fun wit crzy grl up fr anytin.’ “There are more, and this one is the least graphic.” Miyamoto cleared his throat, “Needless to say it was fairly easy from there.”

Uriel snickered, “Can I see those?”

Miyamoto glared at Uriel, “You sent them to me on your phone Archangel look at them on your own device.”

Uriel grinned deviously, “Good point,” He got up from the bed and wandered around the room searching for his phone.

“Archangel, please retrieve your things so we may return home.”

“Ugh, I guess it’s about time for me to come back for a bit
”

“Long overdue Archangel.”

Uriel scoffed, “I wouldn’t say that I’m no masochist.”

“Is there any need to leave payment for the young lady?” Miyamoto said pointing his thumb in the girl’s direction.

Uriel shot Miyamoto a look of offence, “You think I was with a hooker? Low blow Mushi, no she’s a super fun, lightweight, grad student.”

“Lightweight?” Miyamoto questioned poking one of the unconscious girl’s large breasts.

“With alcohol, Mushi,” Uriel shook his head still offended.

“Hmm, So you don’t remember where you’ve been for the past week but you remember the details of the human girl you slept with.”

Uriel held up his phone, “I wrote it down,”

“Leave it to you to document that
” Miyamoto shook his head. He flipped his sword around and resheathed it back into its hidden state walking towards the door.

Uriel shambled around the room picking up his clothes and putting them back on.

“Shall we Archangel?” Miyamoto asked gesturing towards the door.

Uriel put on his suit jacket, “Yeah, let’s go.”

The pair of angels made their way down the stairs and out of the bar. As they passed the bar the bartender had a look of relief on her face to see Uriel alive, to which Uriel responded by giving her a mischievous wink.

They stepped out onto the misty street. Uriel took a deep breath of fresh air, “Ah, goodbye New York, I’ll probably be back in a month,” He stretched his arms out, “Well Mushi, let’s go.”

Uriel snapped his fingers and with a whirl of feathers, he transformed into a white hawk with red tipped wings.

Miyamoto followed suit chanting an incantation, transforming himself into a raven.

“Mike is going to be pretty disappointed with you Mushi.” Uriel laughed.

“We shall see,” Miyamoto responded.

“To heaven, we go.” Uriel sighed flapping his wings.

The two of them flew into the air, their trajectory aimed almost straight up.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

To be continued...

1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:05:45 AM by Fortis_Scriptor »

Fortis Scriptor
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  • Oh yes, me like.....

(Reserved for future use once I have more time)
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]