Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

The Wild Men of Wichita (IC)

Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • Elijah had been following along silently, focused solely on making sure his collection of fragile homemade bombs didn't accidentally detonate during the cart ride and cover everyone and everything with toxic fire. Luckily, thanks to his efforts, the journey didn't combust and they made it to their destination safely.

As soon as the car stopped, he quickly unloaded the heavy satchel and set it next to the wheels. Eli stepped out and looked around, inspecting the abandoned campsite. Torn up tents, scattered and broken camp supplies. It didn't look good, but they were armed and the gang wasn't really in a spot to negotiate too much, unless...

A metal glint on the ground caught Elijah's eye. He knelt down to inspect it closely. It was a bullet casing, shiny and still smelling of gunpowder. It must have been fired recently. Eli picked it up and turned around.
    "Boss? You might want to take a look at this..."
    Taking a break from setting up camp, Jim decided to humor the darkie Rufus had trailing him all day.
    "Yeah, what the hell is it?"
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Taking a break from setting up camp, Jim decided to humor the darkie Rufus had trailing him all day.
    Elijah held out the bullet casing.
    "Found this at the campsite. Still smells like gunpowder, still warm. I think it was fired recently." He looked around and whispered. "Look, boss, something about this place doesn't sit right with me. I don't think we should stay here for long."
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Taking a break from setting up camp, Jim decided to humor the darkie Rufus had trailing him all day.
    Elijah held out the bullet casing.
    "Found this at the campsite. Still smells like gunpowder, still warm. I think it was fired recently." He looked around and whispered. "Look, boss, something about this place doesn't sit right with me. I don't think we should stay here for long."
    "Wait a minute..."
    Bending over and inspecting the dirt, Jim noticed the faintest outline of tracks. Following them into the grass, his eyes blew up like saucers.
    "Shit! Fuck! I can't fucking believe it! I thought they were all fuckin dead! Oh fucking shit! Rufus you fuckin dumbass! You didn't get em all like you said!"
    Going into a ranting frenzy, he grabbed his rifle and told everyone to get together into a close formation for about half an hour, and if nothing happened then the danger was gone.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Seeing the rest having come to a halt next to the abandoned campsite (didn't they know not to stop? Such things were bad luck. Stupid whiteskins), Joe indignantly exhaled, a frustrated grunt that was all he would allow himself for now.
    With a few subtle moves, he guided his horse back around and had his horse canter back the half mile or so he'd gone ahead (wasn't urgent enough to need to tire the horse with a gallop, there was still enough light out for another hour or two). Hopefully they'd find out for themselves why smart people had no truck with abandoned camps - either a bear had gone through it, or worse people than their bunch. Wasn't even like the tents would save them work, things were half-torn to shreds.
    It always struck Joe as odd that gangster types never seemed to think other people could be as bad as they were, as if they thought the whole world was just stupid children you could walk over and take things from without them ever figuring for themselves how to walk over and take their things right back.
    No rush for the present, though. If there were others planning on an ambush, they'd plan it for the middle of the night, not middle of the afternoon. He'd just mutter a thing or two about 'seein' a good spot 'bout a mile or two yonder', hope the rest took the hint. If not, well, hell, Jimmy Luckett was dumber'n he looked.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • "Wait a minute..."
    Bending over and inspecting the dirt, Jim noticed the faintest outline of tracks. Following them into the grass, his eyes blew up like saucers.
    "Shit! Fuck! I can't fucking believe it! I thought they were all fuckin dead! Oh fucking shit!  Rufus you fuckin dumbass! You didn't get em all like you said!"
    Going into a ranting frenzy, he grabbed his rifle and told everyone to get together into a close formation for about half an hour, and if nothing happened then the danger was gone.
    Elijah wasted no time in getting back to the car. He tightly grabbed onto the leather satchel and opened it, drawing out a Peacemaker.
    "What is it, huh?" He asked angrily as he hid behind the engine block. "Bandits? Soldiers? It ain't wolves, is it?"
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • "Wait a minute..."
    "Shit! Fuck! I can't fucking believe it! I thought they were all fuckin dead! Oh fucking shit!  Rufus you fuckin dumbass! You didn't get em all like you said!"
    Elijah wasted no time in getting back to the car. He tightly grabbed onto the leather satchel and opened it, drawing out a Peacemaker.
    "What is it, huh?" He asked angrily as he hid behind the engine block. "Bandits? Soldiers? It ain't wolves, is it?"
    "Worse than wolves, boy. In my case though, it might be better. You see those tracks? Those are lion tracks. My guess is some kinda crazy gangster's pet got loose and started eating a bunch of bison up north fore he went down here when it started gettin colder. My uncle used to tell me how these things would roam in prides and tear a man in half if he wasn't careful. Back then all the escaped zoo and circus animals were runnin about feedin off of all the bison and deer that was explodin across the prairie, given how all the hunters were dyin of the flu or shuttin emselves in. They used to be a big problem till he and a bunch of other big, important sons of bitches made a big drive to exterminate em from the southern plains. There might still be some that didn't freeze up north, shaggier than normal. But this one? This one came down, and now I'm gettin a hankerin for lion meat. Way I see it if he's still around he'll try to go for those birds we're cookin up, and we'll meet him with some fuckin lead if you catch my drift. Course he could be long gone, but here's hopin he won't be and we can get a trophy to bring to the boys at the yokel yank."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • "We'll be ready for him," Frank said, motioning with his shotgun. "So what's the plan, Jim? I've never hunted a lion before. We just have someone stay on guard through the night and hope either we or the horses see it before it gets to us?"

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Dima shook his head, "A lion can't be any harder than taking out a bear, and I know all about that. I would say it better to leave bait and ambush, it could bring the beast directly to a place we want it. Then we either shoot it in a firing line or set up some traps, either way it can work I think, we could have bomb man make a flechette bomb and leave it there for the beast. In end is up to you boss." He finished setting up his mutant tent (combined with his original and parts of one of the damaged tent) and awaited the verdict of the boss on the plan.
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Dima shook his head, "A lion can't be any harder than taking out a bear, and I know all about that. I would say it better to leave bait and ambush, it could bring the beast directly to a place we want it. Then we either shoot it in a firing line or set up some traps, either way it can work I think, we could have bomb man make a flechette bomb and leave it there for the beast. In end is up to you boss." He finished setting up his mutant tent (combined with his original and parts of one of the damaged tent) and awaited the verdict of the boss on the plan.
    "Ha! The bait is right here dumbass! You think that fucker can't smell these slow cookin birds? He's gonna be look for a home cooked meal, and we're gonna be lookin for rare meat. I think we can help each other, heheh!"
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Elijah flicked a pipe bomb absentmindedly. The ball bearings and shrapnel inside rattled. "Once the bird's done, then what? Do we all light 'im up together, or do I have to blow it to smithereens myself? I got the goods, but I'm short on tripwire and I don't wanna have to use more than one bomb on this fella."
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • "Ha! The bait is right here dumbass! You think that fucker can't smell these slow cookin birds? He's gonna be look for a home cooked meal, and we're gonna be lookin for rare meat. I think we can help each other, heheh!"
    "I meant set up one of these birds away from camp, the lion no doubt will prefer easy meal to hard one no? So he would go for a bird that is farther from noisy camp and we can take advantage of this." Dima corrected, "This would lead to reduced risk of more damage to the camp and a much easier kill on lion, but it is up to you." He turned to Elijah "I think with well placed bomb this will definitely only need one, perhaps a bomb that is able to be activated with only when shot?" Dima grabbed one of his locks and started messing with it for practice.
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Elijah flicked a pipe bomb absentmindedly. The ball bearings and shrapnel inside rattled. "Once the bird's done, then what? Do we all light 'im up together, or do I have to blow it to smithereens myself? I got the goods, but I'm short on tripwire and I don't wanna have to use more than one bomb on this fella."
    "Ha! The bait is right here dumbass! You think that fucker can't smell these slow cookin birds? He's gonna be look for a home cooked meal, and we're gonna be lookin for rare meat. I think we can help each other, heheh!"
    "I meant set up one of these birds away from camp, the lion no doubt will prefer easy meal to hard one no? So he would go for a bird that is farther from noisy camp and we can take advantage of this." Dima corrected, "This would lead to reduced risk of more damage to the camp and a much easier kill on lion, but it is up to you." He turned to Elijah "I think with well placed bomb this will definitely only need one, perhaps a bomb that is able to be activated with only when shot?" Dima grabbed one of his locks and started messing with it for practice.
    "Hey! HEY! Dumbasses! I said I wanted to eat this fucker right? What the hell kind of meat is gonna be left over from a fucking bomb? Shut your dumbasses up and set this fucking trap. And if I see even one of you mentally retarded pyromaniacs try to blow up my dinner I'll fucking shoot you myself, got it?"
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
    "Hey! HEY! Dumbasses! I said I wanted to eat this fucker right? What the hell kind of meat is gonna be left over from a fucking bomb? Shut your dumbasses up and set this fucking trap. And if I see even one of you mentally retarded pyromaniacs try to blow up my dinner I'll fucking shoot you myself, got it?"

"I do not want high explosive, I wanted to use a small shrapnel bomb to cut its neck!" Dima protested while loading his carbine. Slinging it onto his back he climbed atop the cart to see if there was any specific place that would work best for the trap, noting that he hadn't seen the Native in a while. "Hey Boss, where'd that brute go? He'd be pretty useful for this."
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:57:54 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

"I do not want high explosive, I wanted to use a small shrapnel bomb to cut its neck!" Dima protested while loading his carbine. Slinging it onto his back he climbed atop the cart to see if there was any specific place that would work best for the trap, noting that he hadn't seen the Native in a while. "Hey Boss, where'd that brute go? He'd be pretty useful for this."
    "-I told you I didn't want any bombs and...huh, where is Chief?"
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • "Look, Jim, it's either gonna be full of lead or shrapnel. So what's the difference?" Frank pitched in. "And I think Joe rode way up ahead. Hope he realized we stopped for the night... And that there's a loose lion."
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:00:12 AM by Gerrick »

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017