Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7

Wild Men of Wichita OOC/Sign-Ups

Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • So I'm in the cart now?
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    Pretty much. I figure this way we can at least keep up the momentum instead of waiting for Dancy to retcon and fix his post.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
    Pretty much. I figure this way we can at least keep up the momentum instead of waiting for Dancy to retcon and fix his post.
    Don't mean to sound condescending, but we could also simply ignore the "dentist" part - It was a tiny part of the post.

Violet
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
    Don't mean to sound condescending, but we could also simply ignore the "dentist" part - It was a tiny part of the post.
    If we're already on the road, so are you. It wouldn't make sense for it to be any other way.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
    If we're already on the road, so are you. It wouldn't make sense for it to be any other way.
    JUSTINIAN YA CANNOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

NOT LETTING OTHER PEOPLE TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTERS IS WHAT SEPARATES RP LAW FROM JUNGLE LAW

Violet
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • In his defense, I think he interpreted my post as saying that everyone was already on their way. Which was admittedly the interpretation I was going for (since we'd waffled around doing diddly squat for a while already), but I'd also intended it to be taken up by Justinian.
    At any rate I thought he did it quite reasonably. No major seizure of control, and only having us do something that we'd all already discussed doing in the first place.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

NOT LETTING OTHER PEOPLE TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTERS IS WHAT SEPARATES RP LAW FROM JUNGLE LAW

APE SHALL NOT KILL APE
    ME JUSTINIAN, KING OF RP
    BUT ME ALSO TARZAN, KING OF JUNGLE.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • I played a mute in DnD once, who ended up being both the most intelligent and most impressive in combat, but usually I am a master rogue, hence my current character's set of skills. Also if you can't tell Dima is very much so a fan of more medieval garb such as the gambeson and machete. He also likes the Cossack pants he wears.
    Jim is pretty xenophobic, so you might want to tone it down a bit lest he puts you on his shit list, or at least try to sell it to him as a fear tactic, but either way he's probably afraid of getting turned into a laughingstock by other gang leaders. This is his proving, after all.
    I went for the idea that Dima is repurposing medieval garb, lining the vest with layers of light steel plates, and I am just covering the pants and vest with an overcoat seeing as the pants look like really baggy black pants (He has 2 pairs one is white the other is black) and the coat can cover up a gambeson
    Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist

APE SHALL NOT KILL APE
    ME JUSTINIAN, KING OF RP
    BUT ME ALSO TARZAN, KING OF JUNGLE.

*grabs Justinian by the shoulders and thrashes him violently*
    THISISNT THE TIME FOR JOKES JUSTINIAN THIS IS THE FaTE OF THIS WHOLE REgIONS;
     RP COMMUNITY-goes off into incoherent rambling

Violet
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Wait, so are we stopping at this place?:
    Out a mile or so in the distance he could see a pretty nice little spot just to the side of the road where someone else had left their own camp. It was abandoned, and hurriedly too. There was a firepit and some torn up tents. While some more superstitious gang leaders steered clear of that sort of thing because of "ghosts" or some shit, Jim had no problem leeching off of the unknown.

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Wait, so are we stopping at this place?:
    Out a mile or so in the distance he could see a pretty nice little spot just to the side of the road where someone else had left their own camp. It was abandoned, and hurriedly too. There was a firepit and some torn up tents. While some more superstitious gang leaders steered clear of that sort of thing because of "ghosts" or some shit, Jim had no problem leeching off of the unknown.
    Yep.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • @Wintermoot this RP still needs its own section.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Name: "The name's Elijah Brown, but you can call me 'Eli' if you'd like."
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: African American, approximately 14 years old, tall with a stocky build, wide hazel eyes, short curly black hair cut close to his head and hidden under an old cap. Scars covering his forearms and the lower left side of his face.

Bio: "My life story? I guess I can start back when I was a youngun back in OK. Things were good- no, that ain't true. Things were just alright, really. They were good as they were gonna get for a well-to-do black family trying to survive outside of places like Harlem and Bronzeville. My Ma and Pa used to run a pharmacy and chemist shop just inside the city limits of Tulsa, the only one left in the area. Whenever someone needed medicine, chemical supplies, or what-have-you, they would come to the shop. I was an only child, and it got pretty lonely sometimes, so when I wasn't studying or helping my parents run the shop, I would always talk to the stranger characters who I came across. Heard an awful lot about some boys in Kansas who were giving the Texans a run for their money. As a family, we just ran our shop and kept our heads low. They had already killed black folks to keep them out of the town way back in the day, and my Ma was convinced it would happen again despite my Pa's wishes. Keeping our heads down wasn't enough.

One night, a mob of whites and some crooked police came into the street where we lived, and started trying to drive us out. They came down the street like a storm, throwing rocks, beating black people, even shooting at us as we hid. They got to the store, barricaded the door with us inside, and burned the place to the ground. My parents didn't make it, but I just barely did, managing to jump out a window and earning these scars in the process. Once I realized that I wasn't dead, I hid myself behind some boxes until the mob left. Then I grabbed a few bottles of acids and other useful solutions that survived the fire and ran for it. There wasn't nobody in that town who was gonna help me, so I sure as hell wasn't gonna stick around after that.

I traveled all over the place for a while. I went east through Springfield to St. Louis. There, I heard about the Wild Men again. About how they were part of a free and fighting people, and about how they help each other if you earn their respect and about how they don't take nothing from nobody. That sounded good to me. I decided to bounce back west, going through Kansas City and then south to Wichita. I was gonna find them and join them, no matter what. After some time, I finally met up with the gang and explained myself. After a 'demonstration' that involved burning down some poor bastard's shack with a vial no larger than my thumb, I was accepted into the gang. That brings us to today, I guess."

What is your character's expertly good at that would help the gang they are in?(try to keep it unique from other characters if you can): "What I'm good at, huh? Well, the gang keeps me around mostly because I'm good with chemicals. Bombs, flares, poison gas, incendiaries. If you name it and know what it does, I can find a way to build it. You see, here's what I do: I take stuff I learned from my Ma and Pa, mix it with stuff I learned from the gang, and make myself one deadly sonofabitch. I ain't just a killer, though. Sometimes I help the Irish lady by making soaps, painkillers, medicine. That sort of thing. I guess you could call me something of a chemist.

Also, I sorta have a sense for danger. No, I ain't a coward. It's just that, well, I can usually tell when something's gonna go sour before most other folks can. Trust me, it helps. I also have a good scorecard when it comes to judging folks' character."
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:25:39 AM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Name: "The name's Elijah Brown, but you can call me 'Eli' if you'd like."
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: African American, approximately 14 years old, tall with a stocky build, wide hazel eyes, short curly black hair cut close to his head and hidden under an old cap. Scars covering his forearms and the lower left side of his face.
    Bio: TBW, didn't see the lore as it relates to black people.

What is your character's expertly good at that would help the gang they are in?(try to keep it unique from other characters if you can): "What I'm good at, huh? Well, the gang keeps me around mostly because I'm good with chemicals. Bombs, flares, poison gas, incendiaries. If you name it and know what it does, I can find a way to build it. You see, here's what I do: I take stuff I learned from my Ma and Pa, mix it with stuff I learned from the gang, and make myself one deadly sonofabitch. I ain't just a killer, though. Sometimes I help the Irish lady by making soaps, painkillers, medicine. That sort of thing. I guess you could call me something of a chemist.

Also, I sorta have a sense for danger. What!? No, I ain't a coward! It's just that, well, I can usually tell when something's gonna go sour before most other folks can. Trust me, it helps. I also have a good scorecard when it comes to judging folks' character.
    In my acceptance of Punchy's app i made this comment:
     Life in the streets of the so-called "sanctuary cities" a lot of people flocked to after the Texans chickened out and the countryside started getting dangerous became very violent indeed. Old Uncle Rufus used to tell Jim about the first big gang war, over in Kansas city between black gangs that had come from people fleeing neo-confederate persecution in the deep south and ill-tempered okies that didn't much care for all those darkskinned folk competing with them at the breadline. Lotta people died around that time, and the URC came in and had to purge the whole damn city.

Is that enough to go off of or do you want me to spill everything I've got?
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • That's plenty.

Do I need to have a proper bio before I start, or can I jump right in?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7