Pages: [1]

Ask a Mississippian Anything!

AlexTheAwkward
  • Former Citizen
  • The Avid MTG Scrub
  • As a new member with a citizenship application in review, I invite the current citizens to ask me anything! Yes, I am from Mississippi, but my political views may not be :D
    AlexTheAwkward
    • The Avid MTG Scrub
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Hey there, and welcome to the region! lol, I have a feeling that not many people from Mississippi would want to be here...but you are, and that's what is important. :)

Do you like it in Mississippi?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    AlexTheAwkward
  • Former Citizen
  • The Avid MTG Scrub
  • Do you like it in Mississippi?

Thank you for the welcome! It's not as bad as most seem to think, but there is some truth to saying that it's a pretty bad place (what with some of the highest rates of teen pregnancy and all that).
    I like it here alright; Mississippi is actually probably one of the most hospitable places in the US, if you don't happen upon the wrong people. At both my old and new high school (I'll be graduating in May), my peers were pretty accepting of me coming out as bisexual, so tolerance is hopefully changing for the better.
    AlexTheAwkward
    • The Avid MTG Scrub
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Welcome to the asylum, daaahling. So, how's about we get to know each other? How's the weather down south? Is it nice? I live up in the frozen north so I do so love hearing about that thing.....sunshine I believe y'all call it? Also, what are some of your interests/hobbies?
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I've never known anyone from Mississippi...I knew someone from Alabama that was gay, and it was so bad he moved out of the state as soon as he could. I'm glad your experience has been better. :)

So what made you realize you were bi...sounds like there might be an interesting story there.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    AlexTheAwkward
  • Former Citizen
  • The Avid MTG Scrub
  • Welcome to the asylum, daaahling. So, how's about we get to know each other? How's the weather down south? Is it nice? I live up in the frozen north so I do so love hearing about that thing.....sunshine I believe y'all call it?

Thanks for the welcome! :wave: We've got sunshine, and plenty of it. It's been heating up pretty quickly since the third week of March, but of course Some Like It Hot.

Also, what are some of your interests/hobbies?

I like pretty much anything to do with 99% of video games, including playing them and watching Youtubers play. I play Magic: The Gathering in my spare time (I'm not very good). Ummm... I played baseball for about 11 years and I'm looking to take it back up in college, and I've played soccer for 2 years. That's about it as far as things go outside of the classroom.
    AlexTheAwkward
    • The Avid MTG Scrub
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    AlexTheAwkward
  • Former Citizen
  • The Avid MTG Scrub
  • I've never known anyone from Mississippi...I knew someone from Alabama that was gay, and it was so bad he moved out of the state as soon as he could. I'm glad your experience has been better. :)

So what made you realize you were bi...sounds like there might be an interesting story there.

I'm sorry about your friend. :(

I'm not really sure; it probably had something to do with the baseball locker room and realizing I was, to say the least, physically attracted to guys. Anyway, about all I know is that some point during my sophomore year, I knew I was attracted to people with most combinations of parts. I'm probably pan, tbh, but I'll figure that out once I move off and most people don't know me as bi already.
    AlexTheAwkward
    • The Avid MTG Scrub
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'm sorry about your friend. :(

I'm not really sure; it probably had something to do with the baseball locker room and realizing I was, to say the least, physically attracted to guys. Anyway, about all I know is that some point during my sophomore year, I knew I was attracted to people with most combinations of parts. I'm probably pan, tbh, but I'll figure that out once I move off and most people don't know me as bi already.
    Don't worry about it...he moved to Maryland and last I heard he was doing fine. :)

Haha, I've read and watched a lot of hot things involving locker rooms...though I've never spent much time in one. I'm about as nonathletic as you can get...typical computer geek. :P And I know what you mean, I currently identify as pan, but bi is just easier for people to understand.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]