Pages: [1]

Happy New Year 2017!

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • First off, happy new year! I hope that 2017 will bring many good things to our community and to you as a member of our community. Whatever this new year brings, I hope you will continue to have time to spend a part of it with us, whether that's through posting on here, chatting up the IRC or Discord, exploring the Minecraft server, or hanging out on the NS page. I also hope that being part of our community continues to bring fun times and great members with good friends!

During 2017 I aim to work as both Founder and Monarch to take Wintreath to the next level as a place for all those awesome things! As roads, highways, and other infrastructure boost an area's economy, I aim to make the website's 'infrastructure' a high priority...continuing work on the notification and news feed systems, building an event system, and creating a contact list system that will allow for mass mentions for certain purposes. I want to make it easy for you to know when someone is interacting with you or when things happen that you might want to know about, and to be able to quickly respond. I will also continue to work to make the website more responsive and mobile-friendly. I believe that this year we can become a gaming and community platform that can stand on it's own.

As Monarch, I will be working to reorganize and reinvigorate the regional government, so that we can remain active in the aspects of NationStates that are beneficial to us, particularly in the area of foreign affairs, which I believe gives us an audience and a platform beyond the borders of our own region. I want this to be the year that we finally implement a currency system as well, to encourage good work in the areas that are most sorely needed...for example, recruitment, article writing, artistry, and general content creation. With some good brainstorming, I know we can come up with worthwhile rewards to spend your hard-earned money on.

Most importantly, as we have every year, I believe we will reaffirm the Community Vision: a community of friends where the debate is vigorous but respectful, where consensus and compromise are sought by all, and where people of all sorts and types are not just accepted, but embraced in this community of friends. And I know we'll have a blast while we're at it.

Are you with me?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation