Pages: 1 [2]

Establishment of the Krone - Maker & Sinker ideas

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • God forbid we maintain the site and raise revenue for the owner. :))

I don't think anybody would leave over it, but I'm not sure it would give the right impression to new members. We advertise ourselves as an open and personable community, and these might come off as barriers to them and discourage them, especially if these were things they came to the region specifically to take part in...various guilds and the like. In theory I wouldn't be opposed to charging access to a new forum specifically for people that bought it, but I don't think it would be very active and rewarding.

I really think that we need to come up with perks that people will want to buy instead of new requirements, and that's problematic here because we already give out all of our perks for free. :P
    1 person likes this post: taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • The thing is though is that with a slight disincentive to hop right into something without actually looking around first. Give them a chance to dip their toe into the water without first going all out. It allows them to take some time to learn our culture and the like. Further guild membership isn't necessary and they can still do the things the guild generally can do, just without being apart of the guild. The main thing you would be paying for is the ability to say you are apart of X guild.

Also keep in mind I'm only suggesting Krones, not ACTUAL money at this time (unless Wintermoot wishes to go that route, god help us all if he does though :P), and ideally something like Krones would be earned through things like government service and/or posting.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Fake or not, you're telling people they can't post somewhere until they dish up the funds.

That's a turn off, especially in a region that is begging for more activity in the first place.

(this was a response to Chanku's previous-page comment)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

I don't think anybody would leave over it, but I'm not sure it would give the right impression to new members. We advertise ourselves as an open and personable community, and these might come off as barriers to them and discourage them, especially if these were things they came to the region specifically to take part in...various guilds and the like. In theory I wouldn't be opposed to charging access to a new forum specifically for people that bought it, but I don't think it would be very active and rewarding.

I really think that we need to come up with perks that people will want to buy instead of new requirements, and that's problematic here because we already give out all of our perks for free. :P

And this is a different story (the first part of your post).  Donations are optional in the first place, and the incentive to do it is helping cut costs for you to keep the site even running.  If we extended that to make it mandatory to view a forum in our region's current state, it might explode in our faces (not in that way Moot :P).

That's the problem, though.  The way we present ourselves to other regions: open, personable, and welcoming.  Closing off areas of the forums behind a paywall (fake currency or not) contradicts that completely and makes us seem more closed and...gah, what's the word I'm thinking of?  Bah, I can't think of it right now, but I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.  If it was a new forum that we could keep active, then sure, I can see having a new forum that required a fee (though I don't see the point)...but where we stand right now, would we really be able to keep it active in a way that other forums around here can't already?

It doesn't matter how Krones are earned, the fact of the matter is that if the only incentive to go to a pay-for-use forum is that it's pay-for-use, then people won't go for it.  And until Wintreath is a much more active forum to where people would even want to do it in the first place, essentially it'd be just sitting there with maybe one or two people using it.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen

And this is a different story (the first part of your post).  Donations are optional in the first place, and the incentive to do it is helping cut costs for you to keep the site even running.  If we extended that to make it mandatory to view a forum in our region's current state, it might explode in our faces (not in that way Moot :P).

That's the problem, though.  The way we present ourselves to other regions: open, personable, and welcoming.  Closing off areas of the forums behind a paywall (fake currency or not) contradicts that completely and makes us seem more closed and...gah, what's the word I'm thinking of?  Bah, I can't think of it right now, but I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.  If it was a new forum that we could keep active, then sure, I can see having a new forum that required a fee (though I don't see the point)...but where we stand right now, would we really be able to keep it active in a way that other forums around here can't already?

It doesn't matter how Krones are earned, the fact of the matter is that if the only incentive to go to a pay-for-use forum is that it's pay-for-use, then people won't go for it.  And until Wintreath is a much more active forum to where people would even want to do it in the first place, essentially it'd be just sitting there with maybe one or two people using it.
    To be fair how can we know if we don't do it? It's worth a shot either way.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Michi

To be fair how can we know if we don't do it? It's worth a shot either way.

Much like Wintermoot isn't wanting to stake the implementation of a currency based on that logic alone, I'm not wanting to stake the implementation of a system I don't even support in the first place on that same logic.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I think maybe we should look beyond what we're doing now...what do we want to expand to? For example, if we wanted to make it so people had nation and character profiles (planned in the future RP updates) we could make things like items or abilities for them...and maybe introduce other RP things like crafting or something.

It's really been striking me that if we're trying to get away from NS, we should move towards something.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]