Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]

For Glory Or Death

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • OOC: Fuck that, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too
    Hey, this isn't that unreasonable. Ships can move while firing missiles and launching aircraft. Don't get mad at me because you allied with Finrod.

If it makes you happy, I'll withdraw the fighters and use them for the naval assault instead, so things are more "fair".
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • OOC: How the fuck does Ecthelion get around that quickly? Did he fucking teleport? I'm making my armies take a long ass fucking time to get over to FOR SALE and he just gets there in a few seconds? Fuck off with that shit.

He doesn't. I said a while back that Finrod's generals left him. They informed him of their orders. Once the army surendered, he was take to the palace (default command centre when bunker is down) by helicopter.

Yes, it's been bombed, read ruins where palace was. for the purposes of keeping the peace, I'm assuming the missiles hit, but then Ecthelion radioed both of you guys and stopped the battle before it began. Escanthea still has the Duke card that they can play, but that could trigger another one of these wars. thalasus has the good relations with Ecthelion. Danceria has Serech cause we're not gonna be holding that till we get ourselves sorted out.

everyone wins.
    OOC: yeah....no
    It's about high time my wife gets a shot at this "ruling business"
    We're not giving the RP a shitty ending like this obvious rush job.
    Instead, Dancy and I are confused and assume the city destruction is Thassy's fault. We both invade what's left of Nargothond and put my wife on the throne. Both original contenders are dead and me and Dancy are happy.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • OOC: This ending left literally nobody happy. :P

I'll give my two cents when I'm done working out.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
    Hey, this isn't that unreasonable. Ships can move while firing missiles and launching aircraft. Don't get mad at me because you allied with Finrod.

If it makes you happy, I'll withdraw the fighters and use them for the naval assault instead, so things are more "fair".
    OOC: Dude, there's no fucking drama to that. You've just taken all consequences from that decision and thrown them out the fucking window. You turned a selfless sacrifice by the admiral to save the city instead of winning a decisive victory and turned it into some sort of "Nuh uhh, I have a shield" bullshit. We're not going for military accuracy, we're telling a fucking story.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • from the office of Ecthelion Felagund. Emperor of Nargothond:

It has come to my attention that many of our former allies are hostile to the new legitimate regime of Nargothond and wish to remove me from my post. I wish to inform you, the President of Thalasus of my desire to bring about changes in Nargothind, to turn it into a democracy. As such, I humbly request your protection and support against the firces that desire to oppress and enslave our people once more.

We thank you in advance.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Her young ones feast on blood and where the slain are,there is she
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • OOC: This ending left literally nobody happy. :P
    OOC: Which is why we're not using it.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot

OOC: Dude, there's no fucking drama to that. You've just taken all consequences from that decision and thrown them out the fucking window. You turned a selfless sacrifice by the admiral to save the city instead of winning a decisive victory and turned it into some sort of "Nuh uhh, I have a shield" bullshit. We're not going for military accuracy, we're telling a fucking story.
    OOC: I suppose it doesn't matter now. I'll use your version of the battle and put the admiral on trial.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

OOC: I suppose it doesn't matter now. I'll use your version of the battle and put the admiral on trial.
    OOC: Alright, thanks. I didn't mean to go off on you like that but I was getting a good feeling about how to progress the RP and then this botched ending of Fin's nearly kills it in the crib.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • GUYS, PLEASE.

I have been trying for three days to move my nation in a new direction. I masked it as a sort of RP so you could have a semi-war without too much of the excrement hitting the proverbial windmill and you decide to just go to full-on war?
    calm down. We were always heading to this ending and you can trust me to make Ecthelion's rule as interesting as Finrod's. Scanthy, bargain for trade concessions at gunpoint and you will have them. Dancy, Serech is yours, I'll even give you the actual nation if you like. Thassy, Nargothond wants to apply to join ADDO.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

OOC: Alright, thanks. I didn't mean to go off on you like that but I was getting a good feeling about how to progress the RP and then this botched ending of Fin's nearly kills it in the crib.

I am trying to go in a certain direction and literally everything you guys do is the opposite. What do you expect me to do? Treat this as an RP? It's an origin story. a tale about how Ecthelion's Nargothond came to exist, let it slide, ffs...
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • I am locking this thread. If you want to try and civil war me, do me a favour and at least try to let me RP as Ecthelion for a bit. Give it a week or two, see if he grows on you.
    Thank you for your aid in this weird and convoluted chapter of Nargothondian history. Thassy, homework. Good luck.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]