Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

For Glory Or Death

Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • (Ay Narg just gotta ask what will your troops do when they meet up with mine? Will they try to kill them?)

OOC: Label it OOC,scanthy. Nargothond troops are under orders to destroy the country, starting with the people. The slums will go first, then they'll move inward. This ends one of two ways. You put a missile into my emperor's head or your troops arrive in a destroyed city, where the Imperial forces are rigging themselves to blow before attacking the nearest living things. Not a single grain of wheat, Scanthy, not a drop of living blood.
    OOC: What about the coastal cities I've been taking back for you? I'm guessing they're spared as they're under my direct control and your troops aren't really there yet? Also, I'm building up a moment here. Escanthea doesn't know that you're killing your people yet.

OOC: You hold those cities, so they're fine. You will probably find out about the deaths from the Thalassi airforce. He has the spies, so he'll let you know. We're almost at another 20 minutes, those slums are pretty much gone now. 3 mill dead
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Her young ones feast on blood and where the slain are,there is she
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • Tick tock. 4 million dead. No more slums in for Sale, no more people in them. Police had reported people fleeing to the park for safety. Gas canisters were placed in the park. Nobody tried that again...
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • OOC: Can you speed this up? My troops won't get there for another hour at the least.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • OOC: Can you speed this up? My troops won't get there for another hour at the least.

OOC: In an hour, for Sale will be dead. You need jets to strike the emperor now. If you want, I can speed it up, but the centre of the city is more densely packed, therefore,more will die, faster.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • OOC: I just mentioned that smoke is too thick to see anything. I can't retcon that shit.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

OOC: In an hour, for Sale will be dead. You need jets to strike the emperor now. If you want, I can speed it up, but the centre of the city is more densely packed, therefore,more will die, faster.

News of Felagund's attack on his own people reached Ecthelion quite fast. He had but one option left, despite his now superior numbers. Time was of the essence. He ordered all the captured NAF to take off at once. The pilots were informed this was a "Valasse Sul" operation (Divine wind). They would all receive a posthumous badge of honor. Their task was simple. Overwhelm the Escan Aerial blockade by sheer force of Numbers, fly toward felagund's bunker, release every missile in their plane, then fly it into the ground. Wave after wave, till the roof of the bunker bust and the emperor was dead.

"Le nallon sí di'nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!" He cried, they cheered and flew off, all ready to die, all ready to fly.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

News of Felagund's attack on his own people reached Ecthelion quite fast. He had but one option left, despite his now superior numbers. Time was of the essence. He ordered all the captured NAF to take off at once. The pilots were informed this was a "Valasse Sul" operation (Divine wind). They would all receive a posthumous badge of honor. Their task was simple. Overwhelm the Escan Aerial blockade by sheer force of Numbers, fly toward felagund's bunker, release every missile in their plane, then fly it into the ground. Wave after wave, till the roof of the bunker bust and the emperor was dead.

"Le nallon sí di'nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!" He cried, they cheered and flew off, all ready to die, all ready to fly.

There was no formation, there was no strategy to this air battle. half the force peeled off to take enemy fire, the other half went straight for the bunker. Planes crashed into planes, AA guns were attacked head-on. thousands had taken off, barely a hundred ever made it to the bunker. There, they began to fire. In teams of six, they flew toward the bunker's central chamber (recognisable due to the smoking chimney). First they fired their rockets, then they flew their plane at the concrete. every minute, 12 more dead. But then, what were their deaths to the thousands who were dying in the cities? hah, the value of a life was so low now that the thought never even crossed Ecthelion's mind.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • The reports reaching the Hercules Fleet almost beggared belief. Satellite images confirmed what the scant intelligence and thick international media reports had been silenced trying to cover: Finrod Felagund had ordered the destruction of his own city. The sheer amount of blood was visible from the TAF recon satellites. Every attempt by Thalasi media to contact a foreign journalist from a neutral country within FOR SALE was failing. The mad emperor of Nargothond was going to destroy everything.

Admiral Nicanor made the decision without presidential approval. He was not going to stand by and let this atrocity of atrocities occur, Escanthean forces in the area be damned. From nearly every ship in the fleet, white streaks of light shot into the sky as over fifty cruise missiles were launched as he ships steamed on course. All of them pointed at FOR SALE. The Nargothond military command center and Felagund's palace were the two primary targets, as well as known police and military installations inside the city. Within ten minutes, the missiles would arrive, moving faster than any interceptor could hope to catch them.

Two carrier squadrons, one of F-35C stealth fighters and one of EA-18G multirole fighters, had their anti-ship munitions replaced with guided bombs and SEAD missiles. They were to fly low and fast over contested territory and deliver high-accuracy justice to the evildoers in FOR SALE. Another missile barrage was being prepared to completely put a stop to the allied Nargothond-Escanthean offensive against the rebel army.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

There was no formation, there was no strategy to this air battle. half the force peeled off to take enemy fire, the other half went straight for the bunker. Planes crashed into planes, AA guns were attacked head-on. thousands had taken off, barely a hundred ever made it to the bunker. There, they began to fire. In teams of six, they flew toward the bunker's central chamber (recognisable due to the smoking chimney). First they fired their rockets, then they flew their plane at the concrete. every minute, 12 more dead. But then, what were their deaths to the thousands who were dying in the cities? hah, the value of a life was so low now that the thought never even crossed Ecthelion's mind.

The roof is breahced. The roof is breached.

Ecthelion listened in shock as the words were repeated again and again. Then, the screams of the pilots, trying to get close enough to deploy the napalm bombs inside the bunker, to make sure nothing was left in there , as well as those of the pilot who were crashing into the Escanthean AA guns got to him
    This was it, he thought. The emperor is dead, long live the emperor. all that stood in his way was that duke in Escanthea. A great issue, but the chances the military would listen to him over surrendering were minimal.

Cheering finally was heard as a pilot managed to fire his bomb. The bunker was in flames. Every pilot instantly tried to land, no sense in wasting planes after all.

The order then went to all felagundian troops; stand down. ecthelion is now emperor of Nargothond. the generals knew it to be true, so the fighting stopped.

!3 million civilians dead, half a million soldiers, dead. A quarter of the air force decimated. an emperor with a weak claim, A world ready to tear Nargothond apart.

*Half an hour later*

Ecthelion sat down at the chessboard in FOR SALE Imperial Palace, Exactly as Finrod had left it; the chessboard every Emperor for two thousand years had shared stood ready for his play. gingerly, Ecthelion placed his queen and moved forward. all the cards were in his hand and when the chips are down and the lights are out, your ability to mix metaphors is all that counts.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • MOBILIZE ALL AIRCRAFT.
    The order came to the carriers of the Escanthean Navy and the Air Forces back home to mobilize a massive air defense against an equally massive attack by Thalasus. Though these planes had little hope of stopping all of the attack, they would severely reduce its efficiency and with hope buy time for the troops going down to save FOR SALE from whatever, or whoever was attacking the city. Meanwhile, the eastern  fleet was eviscerating the rebel fleet, now nearly on the brink of collapse. As the sailors slowly realized their Thalasian allies would never come, the rebel fleet began to fall apart.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • MOBILIZE ALL AIRCRAFT.
    The order came to the carriers of the Escanthean Navy and the Air Forces back home to mobilize a massive air defense against an equally massive attack by Thalasus. Though these planes had little hope of stopping all of the attack, they would severely reduce its efficiency and with hope buy time for the troops going down to save FOR SALE from whatever, or whoever was attacking the city. Meanwhile, the eastern  fleet was eviscerating the rebel fleet, now nearly on the brink of collapse. As the sailors slowly realized their Thalasian allies would never come, the rebel fleet began to fall apart.
    OOC: The fleet is still moving towards them at full steam, Escanthea. Anyone with a radar could see that is false.

Also, I'm assuming Ecthelion is sitting in the ruins of the Imperial palace, since I bombed it?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • OOC: How the fuck does Ecthelion get around that quickly? Did he fucking teleport? I'm making my armies take a long ass fucking time to get over to FOR SALE and he just gets there in a few seconds? Fuck off with that shit.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aceus Hovda
  • Former Citizen
  • AKA Dancera, that one bloke who occasionally posts.
  • Meanwhile, in the wild blue yonder, an Escanthean reconnaisance pilot was scouting out the area near the capital city of FOR SALE. Not moments later, the black clouds of a burning city below were distinguishable. The pilot, believing an attack on the city was taking place, broked radio silence and tried to contact local forces below, but was met with only silence and muffled screams in the background audio. Unable to penetrate the thick smoke with his cameras, the pilot radioed his superior officers, telling them that an attack on the city was taking place. Taking his word for it, this was broadcasted all the way up the chain of command, where the second wave of Escanthean forces coming down from their homeland were ordered to divert their movement toward the coast and immediately head for the capital city. Using the country's rail infrastructure, the army would arrive outside the city in mere hours to a horrific scene of death and betrayal...
    The reports reaching the Hercules Fleet almost beggared belief. Satellite images confirmed what the scant intelligence and thick international media reports had been silenced trying to cover: Finrod Felagund had ordered the destruction of his own city. The sheer amount of blood was visible from the TAF recon satellites. Every attempt by Thalasi media to contact a foreign journalist from a neutral country within FOR SALE was failing. The mad emperor of Nargothond was going to destroy everything.

Admiral Nicanor made the decision without presidential approval. He was not going to stand by and let this atrocity of atrocities occur, Escanthean forces in the area be damned. From nearly every ship in the fleet, white streaks of light shot into the sky as over fifty cruise missiles were launched as he ships steamed on course. All of them pointed at FOR SALE. The Nargothond military command center and Felagund's palace were the two primary targets, as well as known police and military installations inside the city. Within ten minutes, the missiles would arrive, moving faster than any interceptor could hope to catch them.

Two carrier squadrons, one of F-35C stealth fighters and one of EA-18G multirole fighters, had their anti-ship munitions replaced with guided bombs and SEAD missiles. They were to fly low and fast over contested territory and deliver high-accuracy justice to the evildoers in FOR SALE. Another missile barrage was being prepared to completely put a stop to the allied Nargothond-Escanthean offensive against the rebel army.

Black.

Black was all they could see, screams all they could hear.  If this was Hell, then it had found its way on earth.

Dancerians barely had enough time to secure the supply lines in Serech for the main Escanthean forces, these images flooded the viewscreens fast and up the chain of command, carrying the screams and pleas for help up the tamed lightning of fiber optic cables to an unassuming blip on Aceus's veiwscreen.

In the meantime, Aceus was first getting the questions out of the way, stating that he and Escanthea were prepared to place the Escanthean Empress on the Throne of FOR SALE, or if worse comes to worse, side with Ecthelion.  He expressed a sincere desire to restore relations between the powers of the world, no longer as enemies-

The blip persisted, and the Premier, Lord Snow Villiers would be on the other end. "Your Excellencies..." he insisted.  "Put this on vid-com, now...the...invasion is called off..."

If they complied, they would see the capital of the former empire engulfed in fire, pelted with weapons and blood, Escanthean, Nargothondian Loyalist and Rebel alike...and...

SEAD Missles.

Aceus's fury could be barely contained in an icy voice that vibrated steel "Mr. President..." he began "I was not aware you had...plans for such an...aggressive assault..."
    Aceus Hovda
    • AKA Dancera, that one bloke who occasionally posts.
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • MOBILIZE ALL AIRCRAFT.
    OOC: The fleet is still moving towards them at full steam, Escanthea. Anyone with a radar could see that is false.

Also, I'm assuming Ecthelion is sitting in the ruins of the Imperial palace, since I bombed it?
    OOC: Fuck that, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • OOC: How the fuck does Ecthelion get around that quickly? Did he fucking teleport? I'm making my armies take a long ass fucking time to get over to FOR SALE and he just gets there in a few seconds? Fuck off with that shit.

He doesn't. I said a while back that Finrod's generals left him. They informed him of their orders. Once the army surendered, he was take to the palace (default command centre when bunker is down) by helicopter.

Yes, it's been bombed, read ruins where palace was. for the purposes of keeping the peace, I'm assuming the missiles hit, but then Ecthelion radioed both of you guys and stopped the battle before it began. Escanthea still has the Duke card that they can play, but that could trigger another one of these wars. thalasus has the good relations with Ecthelion. Danceria has Serech cause we're not gonna be holding that till we get ourselves sorted out.

everyone wins.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4