Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

For Glory Or Death

Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • (@Finrod Felagund @Justinian Ezkantion)

I can't post any more stuff till Dancy does his thing. Simple as that, Ashton.
    Dancy does what thing? You mean stabbing you in the back? I've convinced him to postpone that. Now start bombarding the ADDO fleet while they travel by your southern coast.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aceus Hovda
  • Former Citizen
  • AKA Dancera, that one bloke who occasionally posts.
  • If there was anything that Aceus had learned in his ten years of ruling, it was that world-altering crises never occur when you're ready.

The writing was on the wall ever since "Ecthelion" ousted Finrod Fegalund, disrupting a dynasty of despots who ruled the most technologically and militarily advanced nations on the continent, and possibly the world...

Other than that, it had been a fairly average Wednesday, with Aceus dropping little Maximus off at daycare.  It wasn't as if Aceus was ignorant of the revolution in Nargothond, in fact, he was moving several high-ranking Nargothondian scientists under several aliases to rendezvous with the Nargothondian cabinet in Escanthea by way of Danceria.  But could you blame the man for not expecting the new Thalasan President would be calling him in the parking lot of the daycare.

Aceus would wonder why EmCon didn't think of covering the Thalasans, and the late ADDO to be so eager to usurp matters in the Triumvirate.

"Senhor Presidente," Aceus began, speaking the language of Thalasus  "o que exatamente eu posso fazer por você?"

*Mister President, what precisely can I do for you?
    2 people like this post: Justinian Ezkantion, Ashton Mercer
    Aceus Hovda
    • AKA Dancera, that one bloke who occasionally posts.
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • Lord Felagund was extremely annoyed. For so long, he had been willing to trust Aceus with his life. He had thought the triumvirate would be his legacy, now he knew it would be his death. A tipoff from his spies in Thalassus had been quite clear. Thalassus and Danceria are in cahoots. They intend to work with Ecthelion. There are plans in place, the delegation that comes to aid in the war seeks not to praise Lord Felagund, but to bury him.
    Now, his suspicions finally aroused, he came to his decision. No way was he going out like this. No way was he going to go out alone. The death pyre of the Emperor would engulf a generation. Ecthelion could have the ashes, he would be the elf who scorched the earth.

(OOC Interpretation: Felagund misinterprets a spy's report, He's now gonna go full psycho)
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Her young ones feast on blood and where the slain are,there is she
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • If there was anything that Aceus had learned in his ten years of ruling, it was that world-altering crises never occur when you're ready.

The writing was on the wall ever since "Ecthelion" ousted Finrod Fegalund, disrupting a dynasty of despots who ruled the most technologically and militarily advanced nations on the continent, and possibly the world...

Other than that, it had been a fairly average Wednesday, with Aceus dropping little Maximus off at daycare.  It wasn't as if Aceus was ignorant of the revolution in Nargothond, in fact, he was moving several high-ranking Nargothondian scientists under several aliases to rendezvous with the Nargothondian cabinet in Escanthea by way of Danceria.  But could you blame the man for not expecting the new Thalasan President would be calling him in the parking lot of the daycare.

Aceus would wonder why EmCon didn't think of covering the Thalasans, and the late ADDO to be so eager to usurp matters in the Triumvirate.

"Senhor Presidente," Aceus began, speaking the language of Thalasus  "o que exatamente eu posso fazer por você?"

(OOC: I quietly retconned the Thalasi language into Spanish a little bit ago. Not a big deal, but just so you know)

IC: President Abraham Santiago rubbed his temples and sighed. He was grateful that the call went to audio only instead of video: he was free to emote as he pleased so long as it didn't affect his voice. He was so tired. Just... so damn tired.

He responded in English, the universal Ainurian trade language. "Hello, King Aceus. How are you doing this... morning, is it? How's little Maximus doing in school?" He assumed that Aceus had some idea of what the Thalasi president would be calling about.

(@Finrod should I assume a massive Nargothond attack is heading towards the Hercules Fleet? Or is this a "nuclear war" freakout?)
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:06:38 PM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (go for hercules, Nargy! Then I can beat the rebel fleet and fuck them in their arses while they're fighting you, knocking out both their navies! Or you could, I dunno, blow everything up. Your call.)
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

(OOC: I quietly retconned the Thalasi language into Spanish a little bit ago. Not a big deal, but just so you know)

IC: President Abraham Santiago rubbed his temples and sighed. He was grateful that the call went to audio only instead of video: he was free to emote as he pleased so long as it didn't affect his voice. He was so tired. Just... so damn tired.

He responded in English, the universal Ainurian trade language. "Hello, King Aceus. How are you doing this... morning? I assume you have some idea of what I am calling about."

(@Finrod should I assume a massive Nargothond attack is heading towards the Hercules Fleet? Or is this a "nuclear war" freakout?)

This is a Norwegian National anthem freakout (See; we would rather burn our land than to declare defeat)

Your forces can remain where they are or try to fight me and minimise casualties. With any luck though, my generals will turn and move into Ecthelion's forces limiting this. In any case, blood will flow.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot

He responded in English, the universal Ainurian trade language. "Hello, King Aceus. How are you doing this... morning? I assume you have some idea of what I am calling about."

This is a Norwegian National anthem freakout (See; we would rather burn our land than to declare defeat)

Your forces can remain where they are or try to fight me and minimise casualties. With any luck though, my generals will turn and move into Ecthelion's forces limiting this. In any case, blood will flow.
    OOC: We're not stopping for anyone. Until Escanthea responds or something else changes, the fleet is going to move exactly Admiral Nicanor planned.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • BOMB THAT FUCKING FLEET COMING PAST, NARG
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • BOMB THAT FUCKING FLEET COMING PAST, NARG
    OOC: Tag your OOC, pleb. @Finrod Felagund, can you make us an OOC thread? There will be a lot of OOC discussion if we're doing this war, and I don't want it to pollute the IC anymore than it already has.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione

Finrod looked to the fireplace, where the wood was burning brightly. Not many people added fireplaces to bunkers, but Finrod was one of the few. They added to the atmosphere almost as much as a cat to stroke.

Having called all his generals, he gave the order. Plan 437, the plan put in place in the event of an invasion of the highest order, the plan built to criple everything, wreck a nation to avoid loss of territory. Cinders, dust, tears would be all that they would ever get.

Nargothond's forces moved out. The capital would be first. One by one, the military began to enter the streets. men, women, children. Pulled onto the street and shot. House by house, the death squads moved, piles of corpses flooded the outer slums. Those that dared to violate the curfew ran for it, they were dispatched more slowly. Flamethrowers, Sarin gas, razor blades. For Sale was losing hundreds of people, then, the tanks drove in. Slums were destroyed by Pantzer-units, apartment buildings by controlled explosions in the columns.

The military had been ordered to kill every citizen, so that's what they did. half the generals instantly switched side, a few more troops for Ecthelion, but with a fair few left at the front, it'd take hours for his forces to fight their way to the city. By then, there would be almost nobody left.

Nargothond was an ants' nest. Now the queen felt threatened, there was nothing she wouldn't do. all would perish in fire and blood rather than let the enemy have even an ounce of the fruits of the emperor's labour. Nothing could stop Finrod now, except a direct hit on the centre of the anthill. Then, the entire nest would pass to the next person in line for the throne. A duke, in Escanthea. The fighting could end, peace could fall if Escanthea was willing to let a missile kill lord Felagund and if Thalassus was willing to stop Ecthelion's advance. peace could fall if Thalassus got to the duke and somehow killed Finrod, but Escanthea would never allow that. Peace could fall if Danceria aided Ecthelion, then stormed the bunker and massacred Lord Finrod, but then, wouldn't Escanthea turn on Danceria? Agreement between all three would bring the best outcome, but any of them could decide the prize of a leader under their spell was worth more than Nargothond's people. Pah, what are human rights after all, other than the rules of chess? Given the opportunity, who wouldn't allow their queen to time travel? Who wouldn't give their bishop a machine gun?

No, thought Felagund. As we burn, they shall fight over our cinders and vengeance shall be mine.
    Aceus would pay for his betrayal and the cost would be his sleep. The dead of Nargothond would haunt him forever.

OOC: No OOC thread. This isn't an RP thread. It's a Nargothondian origins story. The end of a saga and the start of a brave new world.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • Tick-tock. 20 minutes had gone by. a million and a half civilians lay dead on the streets of every city in Felagund's hands. The international community had done nothing yet and the people of Nargothond were paying the ultimate price. Now, in the hour of their need, only the hum of the Thalassi fleet, getting closer and closer, ready to launch their jets mattered. Nobody else was coming to help. Not that that mattered to the thousands who burned every minute, to the children who watched their fathers executed, before seeing the gun turn to them, the thousands who saw their livelihoods burn. Half the slums lay wasted. Time was running out.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Meanwhile, in the wild blue yonder, an Escanthean reconnaisance pilot was scouting out the area near the capital city of FOR SALE. Not moments later, the black clouds of a burning city below were distinguishable. The pilot, believing an attack on the city was taking place, broked radio silence and tried to contact local forces below, but was met with only silence and muffled screams in the background audio. Unable to penetrate the thick smoke with his cameras, the pilot radioed his superior officers, telling them that an attack on the city was taking place. Taking his word for it, this was broadcasted all the way up the chain of command, where the second wave of Escanthean forces coming down from their homeland were ordered to divert their movement toward the coast and immediately head for the capital city. Using the country's rail infrastructure, the army would arrive outside the city in mere hours to a horrific scene of death and betrayal...
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Ay Narg just gotta ask what will your troops do when they meet up with mine? Will they try to kill them?)
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Finrod Felagund
  • Former Citizen
  • Conte di Integrazione
  • (Ay Narg just gotta ask what will your troops do when they meet up with mine? Will they try to kill them?)

OOC: Label it OOC,scanthy. Nargothond troops are under orders to destroy the country, starting with the people. The slums will go first, then they'll move inward. This ends one of two ways. You put a missile into my emperor's head or your troops arrive in a destroyed city, where the Imperial forces are rigging themselves to blow before attacking the nearest living things. Not a single grain of wheat, Scanthy, not a drop of living blood.
    Finrod Felagund
    • Conte di Integrazione
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

OOC: Label it OOC,scanthy. Nargothond troops are under orders to destroy the country, starting with the people. The slums will go first, then they'll move inward. This ends one of two ways. You put a missile into my emperor's head or your troops arrive in a destroyed city, where the Imperial forces are rigging themselves to blow before attacking the nearest living things. Not a single grain of wheat, Scanthy, not a drop of living blood.
    OOC: What about the coastal cities I've been taking back for you? I'm guessing they're spared as they're under my direct control and your troops aren't really there yet? Also, I'm building up a moment here. Escanthea doesn't know that you're killing your people yet.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4