Pages: 1 [2] 3

Nazism in NationStates

Felicity Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • Degenerate
  • On behalf of the region, I am attending the "Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism" conference in Europeia, which seeks to address the issue of Nazi regions and players in the game. I don't think we've ever discussed the matter here as a region before, so what are your thoughts on Nazi regions and players, and how do you believe we should handle them both in gameplay (should we participate in raids/invasions of Nazi regions?) and in other areas as a region?

Our discussion will help me determine a course of action, whether it's recommending the treaty that is being drafted to the Storting or taking unilateral action as a region. :)

I think this answers the question that I asked elsewhere. Wintreath is raider region. Correct?
    Felicity Mercer
    • Degenerate
    • a little witchy
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • No.  It's not a raider region, it's more a defender region.  We just happen to allow any type between raiders and defenders to join since we're also an all encompassing region.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • We are a defender region, but I ask because it's always been considered acceptable for defenders to participate in raids of Nazi regions...some regions and orgs, including Wintreath, have simply opted not to.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • We are a defender region, but I ask because it's always been considered acceptable for defenders to participate in raids of Nazi regions...some regions and orgs, including Wintreath, have simply opted not to.
    Which is god damn ridiculous, just because a bunch of edgy 14 year olds want to parade around in their little costumes we have to try our hardest to purge them from the fucking earth? Fuck that, if others want to waste their time on petty shit let them do it, we have more important things to do with ours. As for us improving our reputation among the defender community, I say that the lion should not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Ashton Mercer
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • More important things to do like what? :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
    I know you're joking, but we could be spending that time better by cultivating good RPs and fostering regional culture or actually having a life than aligning ourselves with "fucking pansy ass bitches" as those in the western end of my city like to say.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Fostering regional culture is an important thing...not having a regional culture is the death of many regions, and we're lucky to have people that enjoy promoting a culture here. However, I don't think we're limited to just doing a few things...we can do any number of things that we want, and so long as people find them fun we should do them...cause in the end, this is a game and people like having fun in games. :P

I think the real question is whether it's something that people want to do, and I think that goes beyond the specific situation of fighting Nazis.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Fostering regional culture is an important thing...not having a regional culture is the death of many regions, and we're lucky to have people that enjoy promoting a culture here. However, I don't think we're limited to just doing a few things...we can do any number of things that we want, and so long as people find them fun we should do them...cause in the end, this is a game and people like having fun in games. :P

I think the real question is whether it's something that people want to do, and I think that goes beyond the specific situation of fighting Nazis.
    Given the previous comments and the state of our defense force I'd wager this is a sunken idea. The R/D game isn't all that exciting anyway. Mostly just digging up corpses or pissing on graves.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • It's not exciting to you...it could be exciting to others. It was exciting to me until other factors ruined the experience for me, and it's hard to tell if the state of our defense force is due to lack of interest, lack of motivated leadership, or the resulting lack of effort to build a defense force. If somebody came here who was really into R/D and dedicated to whipping the Hvitt Riddaral into shape, the effort could very well be successful.

But the same could be said about a lot of things...in my experience it usually just takes the right person to attract interest to a particular thing.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
    literally anything else
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • It's not exciting to you...it could be exciting to others. It was exciting to me until other factors ruined the experience for me, and it's hard to tell if the state of our defense force is due to lack of interest, lack of motivated leadership, or the resulting lack of effort to build a defense force. If somebody came here who was really into R/D and dedicated to whipping the Hvitt Riddaral into shape, the effort could very well be successful.

But the same could be said about a lot of things...in my experience it usually just takes the right person to attract interest to a particular thing.
    People don't build regions off of "ifs". The fact is that our defense force is in a pitiful state for a reason, and people aren't joining for a reason, and neither of these two things would be cured on pursuing pointless conflict with other regions purely in the interest of others that we don't care about.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    libertarin
  • Former Citizen
  • My position on this, no Wintreath should not participate in any raids against Nazi Regions, but @Wintermoot I can agree we should have a proposed legislation law against working with Nazis this can be a better move to do instead of raiding it. But let me say this if the Nazi region try's to have an expansion in their region, that is when we should decide to raid their region.
    libertarin
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • People build regions with an open mind, because nobody knows how a region will develop or grow over time. For that reason alone I support maintaining the Hvitt Riddaral, but that's really outside the scope of this discussion.

As for the discussion we're actually having, I get it...you don't want us to take any action at all on this matter. There's no need to reiterate that over and over again. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

People don't build regions off of "ifs". The fact is that our defense force is in a pitiful state for a reason, and people aren't joining for a reason, and neither of these two things would be cured on pursuing pointless conflict with other regions purely in the interest of others that we don't care about.

That's not true.  People build regions with differing ideas and reasons.  To say that no one builds regions based on "ifs" ignores regions that go through structural or even government-type changes almost constantly.  Not every region has an iron-fist ideal that they stick with throughout their time here.  Some out there including Wintreath pride themselves on being open to any changes that could make the regions even better than they already are.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

That's not true.  People build regions with differing ideas and reasons.  To say that no one builds regions based on "ifs" ignores regions that go through structural or even government-type changes almost constantly.  Not every region has an iron-fist ideal that they stick with throughout their time here.  Some out there including Wintreath pride themselves on being open to any changes that could make the regions even better than they already are.
    But there must be some sort of demand for those changes. We cannot go around like some sort of oligarchy making decisions purely based on a slim possibility of improvement without consulting the people.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3