Pages: 1 [2]

Any tabletop gamers out there?

NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  •  I won't lie, i think the depth that WoD brings to its character creation is what draws me to it. I've played in a few WoD story's without the splat books and it was a great experience for me. I've always been less about the number crunching and more about the puzzles and role playing anyways. I did run one campaign but it was a little lackluster because my group was used to DnD 4e and one of my players was a super narcissist.
     As far as the different themes go I enjoy the concept behind Changeling and Mage the best. I have the books themselves for WoD and for Werewolves(which is actually quite interesting). I have pdfs for just about all of them though.
     I'm thinking about introducing my current DnD group to it because they're a really rp heavy group. I just hope someone else will take the role of Story teller because I'm not that good.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  • My former Graphic Arts teacher was telling me about a game he was helping to create called Pugmire. It looked glorious. Tbh

Also, I've been interested in 40k for a while now. Lately I've been thinking of putting together a Death Korps of Krieg army. I'm not really sure though if it's worth the time or money as I'm saving for a gaming computer(which will take almost two years at how much I get paid. Fuck being a busser). That's about it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald
  • Village Drifter
  • Ambassador for New United Kingdom
  • So there's this really great card game called Coup. Kind of a more fun, less serious Risk, but condensed and more about bluffing. It is soooo good.
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald,
    Ambassador for New United Kingdom,
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald
    • Ambassador for New United Kingdom
    • Village Drifter
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I wouldn't really compare Coup to Risk.
    I find it much more more like...Love Letter, I suppose, since they're both small, quick games, but it's got a lot more emphasis on the deception and mindgames aspect than Love Letter. It's a weird fusion between it and...Resistance, I suppose, in that regard, although the only similarity it bears to Resistance is the publisher and the deception part. The mechanics of the deception are fundamentally different.

And Kriegers are stylistically cool, but I'd have to say that in terms of pure mechanics (if you give a shit about that, and of course only IIRC) Armageddon Steel Legion will be a better bet, since any armored list with Guard is nucking futs. Just so many pieplates and so much AP. Everything dies.
    That said, a much cheaper option, particularly if you have a friend group interested in 40k fluff and no so much in the mechanical wargame part, is Only War, and then you just run a Krieg unit. The only problem there is that it can get pretty grindy pretty quickly (combat bogs every game down immensely) whereas that's not quite so much the case with Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader (simply because there's less implicit combat), and I also highly suggest banning the Commissar, because then you avoid the situation where the Commissar just seizes control on the basis of 'if you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line'.
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I recently purchases Arkham Horror. I'd forgotten how fun that game can be. Especially when the people you're playing with get into character. Or when you have to suddenly adapt your character to in game events, like when I,  as Sister Mary stumbled across a Shotgun and Motorcycle and became Sister Mary, bad as biker bitch for God. Slaying evil in time for afternoon mass.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Idolian
  • Former Citizen
  • I am a big fan of Magic: the Gathering, but mostly play online. When it comes to RPGs, I love Pathfinder for its flexibility and detail, and although I have not played them, I am interested in trying Call of Cthulhu and the WH40K RPGs from Fantasy Flight Games.
    Idolian
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  • I am a big fan of Magic: the Gathering, but mostly play online. When it comes to RPGs, I love Pathfinder for its flexibility and detail, and although I have not played them, I am interested in trying Call of Cthulhu and the WH40K RPGs from Fantasy Flight Games.

40k? I love you already!
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I do a fair amount of tabletop. I play MTG when I can, and on the card game front, that's about it. I'm currently in a game of D&D 3.5 and about a month out from joining a new Pathfinder campaign. I'm also playing an interesting Maid RPG one of my friends found. While I myself don't own a lot of normal board games, I have found enjoyment playing Seven Wonders, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Ticket to Ride, and generally enjoy most board games I come across.
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Of you like Betrayal you should give Mansions of Madness a try. It's in the Ark ham Horror series and is pretty interesting. You play it with a computer or phone app that does narration and such as you build and explore a mansion filled with psychos and otherworldly horrors
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • I wanted to get into Warhammer Fantasy once, but it seemed too expensive, and the local players are always trying to get away with cheating and that's not a fun way to play for me. So mostly I just read the lore because I like some of the stories and world building.

So, just DnD. If I could find a group. That would take me seriously and let me join. At least I think I'm pretty good at roleplay.
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • I wanted to get into Warhammer Fantasy once, but it seemed too expensive, and the local players are always trying to get away with cheating and that's not a fun way to play for me. So mostly I just read the lore because I like some of the stories and world building.

So, just DnD. If I could find a group. That would take me seriously and let me join. At least I think I'm pretty good at roleplay.
    Hi Aethelia, fancy seeing you here
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen

Well I have a small group that does Pathfinder. It's not entirely a Wintreath group, but it does contain a fair amount of them (IIRC a majority of the group are Wintreans). I could invite you, albeit we use Discord.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku