Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Super (IC Thread)

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Barry reacted quickly, dodging the bullets and ripping the gun from the boss's hands. He then stood a couple yards away from the man, and asked, "Why are you doing this to the kid? ANSWER ME!!"
    The boss put his hands up. "A-alright, look, I don't know who or what the fuck you are, but I do know one thing. I know that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing."
    The kid flailed on the ground, desperately trying to get free. "Yo, Speed-Guy, whoever you are, you have to help me! He's crazy! He wants to blow up this entire block!"
    "Heh, the kid's not wrong about that, but it ain't quite that simple. Listen-"
    "Don't listen to him!" The kid spoke up again, genuine fear in his voice. "He's stalling for time so his goons can get here and kill you! Shoot him and get me out of here, this place is gonna blow!" The gasoline flames had spread rapidly and were now licking the sides of the main gas tank.
    The boss stepped back. "Now hold on just a god damn second! The kid's lying to you! I don't have any more goons to call in, because-"
    "Come on, what are you waiting for?" The kid was now desperately trying to scrape off his arm restraints on a nearby rock. "SHOOT HIM!"
    "LISTEN TO ME! This kid isn't what he looks like, alright? Trust me, I saw it with my own two eyes, and so did Marvin over there until he sped off! You're making a mistake-"
    Suddenly, the metal of the large central gas can groaned, and they both went silent.
    The boss threw up his arms. "Fuck this, I give up. I'm not going out like this. He's your problem for now, but I'll be back."

The boss turned and ran into the shadows, disappearing. The kid watched him, somewhat surprised. Meekly, he turned towards Barry.
    "H-Hey, thanks for saving my life and all, but can we get out of here, too? I do not want to be around when that explodes."
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:55:46 PM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Quil, now satisfied with the conversation, returned to searching the site, and found the weapon used by the robbers. Interested, he actually slipped inside the weapon, noticing modifications not normal of typical weapons, or typical of anything for that matter. Intrigued, he continued looking through the weapon. Deciding he was safe for the moment, he hardened his body around and inside the device to be the same texture and density of rubber, and on the inside examined the gun for any traceable objects.
    Los Angeles

A rookie cop came forward and approached the gun, which was lying down on the now cold and wet ground. It was rather large, sleek, futuristic-looking, and had a logo on it that the officer vaguely recognized.
    "Hey, this is the gun they were using!"
    A forensic weapons expert came up to see and, after a moment of inspection, he stopped dead in his tracks.
    "Uh oh. That is not good."
    The Chief came up just in time to hear that remark. "What? What's not good?"
    The weapons expert shook his head. "Whoever these guys were, they somehow got their hands on Aegis weapons."
    The rookie furrowed his eyebrows. "Aegis?"
    "They're a multinational weapons corporation operating out of Canada," the weapons expert explained. "They make some of the most cutting edge, powerful guns out there. They're only supposed to be in the hands of NATO and stable Commonwealth militaries, but somehow these robbers had one of their newer models."
    The Chief folded his arms. "Now are you sure about this?"
    The expert nodded. "Nobody else makes these kinds of guns. Plus, their logo is right here. No, this is definitely Aegis."
    The rookie cop was perplexed. "What is a Canadian arms manufacturer doing sending weapons to bank robbers?"
    "I don't know," the Chief responded. "What I do know is that now the Feds are definitely gonna get involved, and the amount of political nonsense and paperwork I have to deal with has just quadrupled." He began to walk away. "Take some pictures and secure it for transport. The nerds down at the station will be interested in this."
    The forensic expert took several pictures of the crime scene and then lifted the gun carefully with gloved hands.
    "Oof! This is really heavy!"

He walked to the evidence van, gingerly placed the gun in the storage compartment, and drove towards the station.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • Evidence van intercept course
    Porshen had set himself up at a corner, Trying to look as indistinct as possible. That, of course, did not work in the slightest as the few passersby gave him a very confused look, but that was not a very big problem at all. The alley behind him should provide enough time to hide from any pursuers.

Ready for assault. Awaiting targets.

There, the van he saw from the video feed. It is clearly different from the troop transports and police cruisers that arrived at the crime scene. Likely that this is the one made to transport evidence. Appears to be a lone target. Perfect.

His hand cracked open, revealing a barrel and a compact drum of large nails. With a swift motion, he unloaded three shots into the driver's position, and two into the passenger. With his other hand, he pulled out a rudimentary bear trap- like device and flung it at the vehicle's left front wheel, jamming it and nearly sending the van into a tumble. Wasting no time, he dashed to the now stopped van, ripping the door open and putting a nail into the driver's head, just to be sure. The passenger seemed to be alive. Despite a solid hit to his shoulder, the shocked passenger policeman was fumbling with his pistol. Another nail should take care of him. Pausing for a moment, he also broke off the police radio. That may come in useful. Now for the payload. Ripping open the back doors of the van, Porshen looked for the gun. Didn't take long, as it was just about the only thing of interest. He grabbed it, and bolted for the alley.

The driver should not have had time to call for reinforcements, but time is short. 7 nails expended. Five remaining. Need more metal. Do not wish to use weapon yet.
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:49:15 PM by Lapoc »
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Quil tumbled about in the containment unit, and broke out the case, sending him to the ground and the weapons skidding across the ground. Having had enough time to inspect the inner workings of the weapons, Quil knew this gun was not something he needed to worry about. Deciding to make his escape he slipped out of the alleyway the expressionless guy was in. On his way out he saw several officers with weapons out, most likely mistaking Quil as the one who stole the weapon. Acting out of instinct, he morphed into a snakelike shape, with a sharp spear tip front, and sped forward and ran through all the officers. The only mark of his existence being any footage from the officers and the 57mm hole in each of their heads. As he returned to the shadows, he shook the blood out of his body and moved on, interested by the feeling of taking another life. He knew it was morally wrong, but it was to protect himself and....it was kinda fun. A large spikey toothed grin formed on his face, and his right eye, Black with a white iris, began to change from white, to a blood red.
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • Barry didn't know what to think, but at least the boy was safe. His thoughts were interrupted by the boy's voice, which said, "H-Hey, thanks for saving my life and all, but can we get out of here, too? I do not want to be around when that explodes."

Barry shook himself out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah, that'll explode. Sorry, I'm starting to get a bit fatigued. Give me two seconds." He pulled out his protein bar from his pack and quickly wolfed it down. He glanced up, looking rejuvenated, and asked, "Where to?"
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Los Angeles

Four cops in two hours. That is how many died in Los Angeles, all under strange circumstances: two were found with industrial nails lodged in their bodies while transporting important evidence from the latest bank robbery (evidence that was found to be missing), and two were found dead with mysterious holes in their heads while looking for the evidence van.

Immediately, there was immense public outcry, and the powers that be acted. Over five hundred FBI agents are now to arrive, and a city-wide manhunt for the cop killers was underway. Calls were made to Senator Rochester, desperately appealing to him to act on the issue and to meet with the families of the deceased. Several prominent politicians also demanded that someone from this Aegis Corporation should be arrested for their role in the bank robbery and, presumably, in their murders of these boys in blue.

Barry didn't know what to think, but at least the boy was safe. His thoughts were interrupted by the boy's voice, which said, "H-Hey, thanks for saving my life and all, but can we get out of here, too? I do not want to be around when that explodes."

Barry shook himself out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah, that'll explode. Sorry, I'm starting to get a bit fatigued. Give me two seconds." He pulled out his protein bar from his pack and quickly wolfed it down. He glanced up, looking rejuvenated, and asked, "Where to?"
    He looked down. "I dunno. I'm not from here, and I don't wanna go back to where I'm from. Don't you have a place I can stay?"
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:39:24 AM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • "Well kid, I'm not from around here either, and I don't think I have enough energy to get home," Barry replied in his distorted voice. "I can check you into a motel, but I won't be able to stick around the help you. That reminds me, the police'll be here soo-- "

Barry's voice was cut off by the screech of sirens. "They should be able to help you kid, but I gotta run. Can't let the police find me." He glanced at the fast approaching police cars and back at the kid, nodded, and disappeared from sight, only leaving behind a red streak of lightning.
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Outside the Citadel, 4 Aegis Plaza, Night Complex, Vancouver...

Robert Night stood in front of the cameras, staring down the inevitable millions watching his live address about the Aegis gun found at the scene of the Vega bank robbery... the very same robbery that he had foiled not a day earlier. 

Why on earth was the gun manufactured by Aegis? Night wondered as he cleared his throat and began to speak, "My fellow Americans, earlier today I was informed by the United States FBI that a weapon used in an attempted bank robbery in Las Angeles was manufactured by this company, my company, Aegis.  This came as a great shock to both myself and to the Advanced Research Division, which I have ordered to conduct a comprehensive internal investigation and inventory of all projects down to our newest model of screwdriver.  Rest assured, we will find those responsible for the theft or unlicensed sale of Aegis weaponry, and that they will be dealt with as harshly as we are able to deal with such criminals within the confines of the law."

Night paused, cleared his throat, and continued, "Furthermore!!  Any employee or citizen who steps forward with information leading to the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the weapons theft and Bank Robbery will be given a $500,000 reward!  I will also be donating $5 million dollars to the retirement funds of the Las Angeles Police Force, and to the families of the fallen officers.  Thank you very much, and thank you as always for trusting in Aegis."

He twirled around and strode into the Citadel, and went to his offices on the 75th floor. 

"I want the perpetrators of this theft FOUND!  And I want them found now.  Use what resources you must.  And I don't care if you have to divert the entire security force of the Citadel to do it, either.  No excuses!"  Night commanded Mr. James Burrower, the Aegis Security Director. 

"Calm down, Rob.  This isn't a major problem, and I'm not entirely sure why you're making it a big deal...."
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • "Well kid, I'm not from around here either, and I don't think I have enough energy to get home," Barry replied in his distorted voice. "I can check you into a motel, but I won't be able to stick around the help you. That reminds me, the police'll be here soo-- "

Barry's voice was cut off by the screech of sirens. "They should be able to help you kid, but I gotta run. Can't let the police find me." He glanced at the fast approaching police cars and back at the kid, nodded, and disappeared from sight, only leaving behind a red streak of lightning.
    The kid blanched at the sight of the police. "Wait! I can't-" He stared at the streak of lightning that the Flash left behind and swore. "Dammit! Don't leave, you idiot!" As the police arrived, he finally managed to unwrap his hand and let loose a huge burst of flame at the cop cars, causing them to slam on the breaks and turn away.

Agitated by the extra heat, the gas tank detonated, sending a column of smoke and fire into the sky and providing the perfect smoke screen for the kid to flee. He ran in the direction of the streak of lightning, trying to find the person who helped him earlier. He's a super too, so he'll understand what kind of trouble I'm in. I have to find him!
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Quil slipped through the streets trying to avoid as many cameras as he could. He had calmed down since the run in with the officers, and his eye had returned to normal. His usual thirst for knowledge returned and he eyed the police department office. He figured he could slip in unnoticed and look around for any info on the robbery, like who the thieves were. Making up his mind, he slid around to the office and slipped into an air vent, intent on making progress.
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • Porshen loved his new acquisition, or at least a form of appreciation an android can "feel". It's only been one day, but the gun was mostly integrated into his left arm. Not much was left of the original weapon other than bits of plastic he could not find a use for (shaping plastic requires a modification that he has not yet cared to install). Those were, of course casually tossed into a small pile next to a motel. He was very impressed with the inner workings of the gun. Using multiple rails was impressive at this small of a scale, and the loading mechanism was impressively smooth, but the magazine was by far the most interesting part. The small rounds were in fact tiny warheads, and the battery powering the railgun was like nothing he has ever seen. The storage was immense, explaining how the gun could fire such a large magazine.

The gun isn't made to be in a small enough space to fit into an arm, and too inconvenient to place anywhere else. Anything more drastic than this and it would not make much sense to use a human disguise.

Once finished with integration, he started his usual signal splicing process, at the same motel. "...ding to the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the weapons theft and Bank Robbery will be given a $500,000 reward!  I will also be donating $5 million dollars to the retirement funds of the Las Angeles Police Force, and to the families of the fallen officers.  Thank you very much, and thank you as always for trusting in Aegis."

Concerning. Large reward. Two parties now searching for self. Stealth: maintained, becoming difficult to maintain. Necessary to achieve greater combat preparedness. Processing capacity: 87%. Necessary to improve. Considerable computer hardware distributor nearby. Next target found. Starting course.
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • Barry didn't go far, just out of sight from the cops and off the road, and he peered through trees to see if the kid would be safe. He was astonished as the kid unwrapped his hand produced fire at the police. Barry sighed, and thought, This kid needs help, just as he heard an explosion. The gas tank had detonated, and now he had no idea where the kid was. He stayed where he was, aware of what was going on, and he saw a small figure slowly walking towards his direction. This kid is alive! he thought. He waited for the kid to fully emerge from the smoke, and he called out, "Hey kid, why'd you do that?"
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • -snip-
    Quil slipped through the streets trying to avoid as many cameras as he could. He had calmed down since the run in with the officers, and his eye had returned to normal. His usual thirst for knowledge returned and he eyed the police department office. He figured he could slip in unnoticed and look around for any info on the robbery, like who the thieves were. Making up his mind, he slid around to the office and slipped into an air vent, intent on making progress.
    The police chief and several other plainclothes officers and detectives were in the office, having a meeting. In front of them was a older man in a suit, with grey hair yet a chiseled face and physique.
    "Okay, last thing. I know this last day has been rough on you guys. I want what you all want: to catch these sons of bitches, and put them behind bars. We might have different methods, we might be different people, but if we are going to do this, we must do our best to work together and-"
    "What the hell is that!?" A detective interjected, pointed at the vaguely humanoid shape that was Quil. Suddenly, every gun in the station was drawn and pointing directly at the super.
    "FREEZE!"

-snip-
    Porshen loved his new acquisition, or at least a form of appreciation an android can "feel". It's only been one day, but the gun was mostly integrated into his left arm. Not much was left of the original weapon other than bits of plastic he could not find a use for (shaping plastic requires a modification that he has not yet cared to install). Those were, of course casually tossed into a small pile next to a motel. He was very impressed with the inner workings of the gun. Using multiple rails was impressive at this small of a scale, and the loading mechanism was impressively smooth, but the magazine was by far the most interesting part. The small rounds were in fact tiny warheads, and the battery powering the railgun was like nothing he has ever seen. The storage was immense, explaining how the gun could fire such a large magazine.

The gun isn't made to be in a small enough space to fit into an arm, and too inconvenient to place anywhere else. Anything more drastic than this and it would not make much sense to use a human disguise.

Once finished with integration, he started his usual signal splicing process, at the same motel. "...ding to the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the weapons theft and Bank Robbery will be given a $500,000 reward!  I will also be donating $5 million dollars to the retirement funds of the Las Angeles Police Force, and to the families of the fallen officers.  Thank you very much, and thank you as always for trusting in Aegis."

Concerning. Large reward. Two parties now searching for self. Stealth: maintained, becoming difficult to maintain. Necessary to achieve greater combat preparedness. Processing capacity: 87%. Necessary to improve. Considerable computer hardware distributor nearby. Next target found. Starting course.
    The owner of the hardware shop, a bespectacled middle aged obese man with a messy beard, was distracted by an article in the local paper and didn't notice the heavily armed robot enter. The man muttered to himself: "Mass arsons in Seattle... What on earth is this world coming to?"

Other than him, the store was deserted. It was a slow Friday, apparently. Shelves and shelves of basic electronics and assorted computer parts were wide open, with no humans around to mess things up.

-ship-
    Barry didn't go far, just out of sight from the cops and off the road, and he peered through trees to see if the kid would be safe. He was astonished as the kid unwrapped his hand produced fire at the police. Barry sighed, and thought, This kid needs help, just as he heard an explosion. The gas tank had detonated, and now he had no idea where the kid was. He stayed where he was, aware of what was going on, and he saw a small figure slowly walking towards his direction. This kid is alive! he thought. He waited for the kid to fully emerge from the smoke, and he called out, "Hey kid, why'd you do that?"
    Leo jolted in surprise and got his flames ready, but relaxed a little bit when he saw it was Barry and smiled. "Hey! You came back! I knew you were a superhero!" The smile disappeared and turned into a scowl when he started asking questions. "I did that because they were chasing me, duh! You ever been chased by pigs before?"
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:42:59 AM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • The day after hearing the news on the bank robbery, James decided, out of curiosity, to check on the bank and make sure his assets were fine. (Spoiler: they were.) To make the trip not a complete waste, he also planned to visit a local computer hardware store to pick up parts for his partially-complete supercomputer build. He knew the shopkeeper, and felt he could get a fairly decent deal on computer parts (he ran Bayesian calculations through his head based on prior experiences just to make sure that this wasn't a statistical anomaly, of course).

As James entered the shop, he immediately noticed the obviously armed robot in front of him. Oh bugger, he thought.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • The store Porshen walked into didn't seem to be the kind you'd expect to have the 4.5/5 rating online. Most likely either good selection/ prices or good customer service. Judging by how the man behind the counter did not even look up after Porshen entered, it was likely the former.

Act human. Find possible sources of detection. Find items of interest.

Looking around, Porshens potted one security camera. The thing looked like it was extremely outdated. Good, maybe it will not have noticed Porshen's face. The wall next to the peripherals showcase had what looked like a security system. Casually walking toward the screen, he picked up a mouse, pretending to study it. This was a coverup for him discretely connecting himself to the security terminal.

System: not armed. Last arm time: 13 days prior. Disabling. . . . . . . . Done. Security camera feed: unconnected. Cannot access without arousing suspicion. Security sweep complete.

Gently placing the mouse down, he moved to the wall proudly labeled "CENTRAL PROCESSING UNITS". Porshen began to browse the selection, making sure to remember the newer-looking ones with a higher advertised speed. The bell rung behind him. He was not alone. Unfortunate. Finishing up his browsing, he began to leave without taking anything. The man who presumably just entered did not move far from the entrance, and was eyeing Porshen suspiciously. Was it the arm? It did barely fit into his coat's sleeve, after all...

Human is suspicious. Best course of action: minimize time in proximity. Next action: move to nearby point, wait until time = 24:00. Beginning course.
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4