Pages: [1]

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • E3 took place over this last week, and among other things, Nintendo announced a ton of stuff about their next Zelda game: "Breath of the Wild". I was wondering kinda what everyone else thought of it, are you gonna get it, if so, for what system (Wii U or NX), that kind of thing. I'll put down my thoughts a little later, but let's see what everyone else thinks in the meantime.
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Great Moose
  • Former Citizen
  • The game looks fantastic, gonna buy a wii U just to get the game, if they fix the switch's problems ill get one.
    Great Moose
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Daddy
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • My sibling and I bought a Switch. What problems are there? We haven't noticed any major issues thus far, asides from one occassion where we borked up the connectivity, so a bit of a heads up would be appreciated.

Breath of the Wild has been fun so far. Not my usual genre of game, but it's fun. Course, I'm not even halfway so it might abruptly tank halfway through for all I know. =D
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Issues I've heard about are usually about the left joy-con either sticking, or having other issues entirely that make it difficult to game with.  I've also heard from people who own/owned one that the display is really easy to scratch to where a screen protector is an absolute necessity.

Other than that, I haven't heard about too many big issues with the console itself.

I've been pretty blown away with BotW.  Unlike most open world games that I play, I'm actually pretty invested into this one, and haven't been met with that disinterest that occurs after exploring the world and getting sidetracked for a while.  I also enjoy that while there's actual voice acting, it's not something that is a monumental part of the game.

I'm eager to play more and see how this goes, but so far I'm very impressed with it.
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Hugsim
  • Citizen
  • The Formerly Right Honourable
  • I got a Switch with BotW, and I love it. I was afraid that the open world would be empty and boring, and that the format the Zelda-series usually follows wouldn't work, but they averted that in a great way with BotW. I love that they went all the way with the open world format and let you do anything in the world, whenever in your adventure. You could go to the final boss immediately at the start of the game, even if it's going to be super hard to beat the boss.
    I'd like to say that BotW is one of the best games of this year, if not one of the best open world-games ever.
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Skrifa of the 8th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 7th Underhusen
    Acting speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    • The Formerly Right Honourable
    Hugsim
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Melehan
  • Citizen
  • I've just started, but I'm loving it so far. It's a very different approach to the franchise, and I'm very happy with it, to be honest. There is a lot to do in the world, and just like Skyrim, I find myself getting sidetracked just to explore and do sidequests.

There is a lot to explore, and a lot of rewards for doing so.

Minibosses are also very interesting, considering the open environment. You can actually run away from them if they're too much for you to handle, and you can also use the terrain to you advantage.

Combat is a lot more action-oriented as a result, which makes every battle just a bit more interesting.

The one thing I hate though is the weapon durability. Things just don't last, and there's no way to see how much durability you have left unless you get the notification that your weapon is just about to break.
    Melehan
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]