Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Wintreath Goes To The Darkest Dungeon! (The Story)

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Wait...Moot is a girl in this?
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
    Dun dun DUUUUUNNNNN! :P
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Gender is only a few different organs and a change in hormones, anyways. I think I'd make a lovely girl...

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I keep getting the impression that we're barely making it through these battles for some reason. :P

No, we're doing great! Ignore the blood and insanity.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Gender is only a few different organs and a change in hormones, anyways. I think I'd make a lovely girl...
    Don't forget about the differences in skeletal structure and the overall build of the body. Then there's the psyche of the person, different needs in nutrition, etcetera.... That one chromosome determines a ton of things.
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:13:44 AM by Aragonn »
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

Plauge Doctor's are female.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

I thought they could be either gender.  o_O  It's not a big deal, it just took me by surprise when you kept referring to Moot as "she" and "her"  :P
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

I thought they could be either gender.  o_O  It's not a big deal, it just took me by surprise when you kept referring to Moot as "she" and "her"  :P

8)
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • No, we're doing great! Ignore the blood and insanity.
    I look for us all to die any battle now. :P

Don't forget about the differences in skeletal structure and the overall build of the body. Then there's the psyche of the person, different needs in nutrition, etcetera.... That one chromosome determines a ton of things.
    But for labeling purposes, most of those things don't really matter, and things like psyche are determined by so many things that no one of them takes precedence. Trust me, I've seen transgendered men and women that look more manly or feminine than many cis men and women. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Next part will come up at some point today.

Or somepoint over the weekend....

Or perhaps a suicide attempt will completely throw my life into utter disarray until I sort my mess of a life into something resembling stable. Yeah, maybe that.
    4 people like this post: Aragonn, Wintermoot, taulover, Michi
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:16:20 AM by North »
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Return

The mental patient who employed them came bounding up upon the teams return. Despite the blood, pain and traumatized stares the maniac never lost his enthusiastic persona. "Welcome back, welcome back! Ohh, quite the haul this expedition, Alestrio!" He turned to see Wintermoot twitching and jumping at her shadow. "Hi! I see you've decided to join me in Insanity! I'm touched. But, alas, this is a one person world so your going to have to get better." Sapphiron came up behind the employer with an equally insane look to her. "Ah, Sapph! So good to see you! Still see death demanding payment?" Sapph's face went from blank to not-amused in less than a second. "That's ok, Moot here thinks everyone's trying to kill her so you'r perfect for each other!" Moot's face turned sour this time before beoth women burst out into pained, mirthless laughter, the kind that shows no joy or happiness, only relief. The employer lowered his gaze, saying "Well, the Abbey is open so I suggest that you both head over there. Sapph, praying for forgiveness would probably work, so go do that. And for Moot... hmmm" He adopted a thoughtful pose. "... I suppose some self-flagellation would do you some good. Mmmmmm." He tilted his head back as his eyes glazed over. He then snapped back to reality and chuckled innocently before directing the women to the Abbey.

The Abbey

His attention turned to the rest of his crew. "Good news, everyone! I found someone else to join our fight! Even better, she's from the same tribe as Yllia was from so it's practically like having her all over again!...." He stopped to consider his words "....Minus the horrible death part, hopefully. Hopefully. Anyway, say hello to Faylinn!"

Faylinn

Well, that was an interesting introduction, she thought to herself. Completely glossed over her reputation as one of the foremost experts on beasts and killing them. She stared at the lawman's dog and imagined the many ways to kill it. Even if one of the beasts managed to get a hold of her she would be fine, her hard skin would see to that. Maybe she missed the spot more often than not and maybe she was a bit jumpy but that would be fine. She would not end up like Yllia did. Hopefully.

The employer continued. "So, we have another expedition tomorrow to the Weald! Sapph and Moot will be occupied...Mmmm" His eyes glazed over again before he continued. "And maybe Faylinn shouldn't go out...just yet, So Hydra, Alestrio, Gerrick and Robin, your up! Have fun..."

To The Weld
    5 people like this post: Crushita, Aragonn, Gerrick, Sapphiron, Wintermoot
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • New Terrors

Robin clutched his sword like his life depended on it. It probably did. He led the group, Gerrick and his dog behind him, Alestrio and his ax behind Gerrick and Hydra and his flintlock behind that. The mad employer had warned them about new...creatures they would face. "The Weald is taken by.... things...unpleasant things... I'd avoid them if I were you.... yeah..." were his exact words. Helpful. The mushrooms growing here were repugnant, horrifying and certainly inedible, Robin thought. He looked at one and turned away before turning back. Did that mushroom just.....blink?He tilted his head and said, "Hey, guys, did..." he never got to finish his sentence as the mushrooms jumped out, screeching, and took a swing at Robin who was barely able to dodge. More grotesque creatures jumped out. Robin adopted his combat stance and readied himself.

New Monsters

Gerrick could not believe the sight he was seeing. Those things had hands! What.. .what were they?! He took  a step back, trying to calm himself. "Calm, boy, calm! Stay calm!" He was saying it more to himself than anyone else but his dog was also visibly distressed. He looked carefully at one of the creatures and stopped dead in his tracks. That.... that thing had a skull. A human skull. Oh my god, they were people! They were going to do this to us! "NO! NEVER! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" He screamed at the monstrosities, losing his composure and letting the paranoia control him.

Gerrick is tested

The team was not in a good position, those things had control of the battlefield. Alestrio thought to himself, trying to find a way out of this. Maybe if Hydra took one or two out with a well placed shot then AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Alestrio screamed in agony as one of the mushroom people cackled in joy. It had shot him with some kind of poison dart in his stomach! He felt the toxins burn him from the inside and continued screaming in sheer agony as the fear consumed him.

Alestrio's test

Robin had bisected a couple of these monsters and hacked a third one to death when he finally heard the screaming. He turned around, afraid of what he would see. What he say was Gerrick bashing one of those things heads in with his blackjack, maniacally yelling at them to stay away, Alestrio desperately crawling away from one of the mushrooms while screaming his lungs out in pain and Hydra running in circles around a tree trying to avoid a mushroom person while hurriedly reloading his gun. What Robin failed to see was one of the mushroom people running straight at him at swinging until its claws had ripped a part of Robin's armor off. Robin fell, ran his sword through his attacker, then sat down. This was hopeless, they were going to die here.... the despair and hopelessness took control of him and he just sat down in traumatized horror.

Robin's test

Hydra pulled the hammer back on his freshly reloaded pistol, spun around, fired and was greeted by the image of his pursuer's....face? Head? Did these things have those? His pursuers...thing exploding as the grapeshot disintegrated it. He quickly reloaded and took a look at the battlefield before his jaw dropped in stunned horror. Gerrick had gone mad, Alestrio was wounded and Robin had just....given up. Hydra turned around. He was in the clear. He could flee. He could leave them behind and save himself. The doubt and temptation was whispering into his ear, crawling in his mind like spiders. He closed his mind and focused. He couldn't leave them behind. He couldn't. He. Wouldn't.

Hydra's Test

One of the monsters stood before Robin. He just stared at it. It raised its arm, ready to strike. He just stared. The arm started coming down before a shot rang out and the creature screeched, dropping to the floor. Hydra ran up to Robin, grabbing him by the shoulders screaming "GET BACK IN THE FIGHT, DAMNIT! NOW!" Robin picked up his sword in a daze before he got back into the fight.

The fight was over. All of those things lay dead, not that Gerrick was sated. He still jumped at every shadow. Alestrio had passed out from the pain and Robin was still in a daze, in absolute disbelief. The battered team began the long, lonely journey back to the Hamlet.....
    3 people like this post: Hydra, Gerrick, Wintermoot
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'm glad to see this return! :D

I'm curious...as the team gains experience, will they ever actually be competent at this? I mean, two out of four people losing control of themselves and another going unconscious...they seem a little out of their depth, don't they? :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I'm glad to see this return! :D

I'm curious...as the team gains experience, will they ever actually be competent at this? I mean, two out of four people losing control of themselves and another going unconscious...they seem a little out of their depth, don't they? :P

Well, as they gain experience they become less susceptible to insanity. Less susceptible....
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot