Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6

Wintreath MOBA Team

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I added you, but just in case I'm Winterm00t. Also, if I'm at the computer I should at least be reachable in Wintreath chat. :P

And Daylen, Syndra is out of the free champ rotation so I guess I'll have to play something else after all ;-; :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I added you, but just in case I'm Winterm00t. Also, if I'm at the computer I should at least be reachable in Wintreath chat. :P

And Daylen, Syndra is out of the free champ rotation so I guess I'll have to play something else after all ;-; :P

Awesome! And Daylen is right about Syndra. Birch is tough to master. But I do enjoy playing with balls so I still pick her now and again.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Who doesn't enjoy playing with some balls?

I'm not entirely enthused with the free champs this week...I haven't checked my EU account, but I apparently only got Ashe on NA, so I can choose between her and the free champs. Any recommendations though?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • My confidence is shattered...I must now throw away my games Dardoch-style. :(

It's been so long since I watched the NA LCS that I can't even remember who Dardoch is!  :P

Oh wait. Was he that prick you linked me a video to a few months back?
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • It's been so long since I watched the NA LCS that I can't even remember who Dardoch is!  :P

Oh wait. Was he that prick you linked me a video to a few months back?
    Yeah, that one that reported the other player cause he "had to be hacking to be so bad" xD

But then last November Team Liquid put out a movie about how bad things were last summer, and it was reviled that in games where TL was behind Dardoch was giving up and just wanting to go to the next game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzGXt--Ig4&feature=youtu.be&t=49m41s

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm not entirely enthused with the free champs this week...I haven't checked my EU account, but I apparently only got Ashe on NA, so I can choose between her and the free champs. Any recommendations though?

Free champ rotation! Of course! *Facepalms*. I wondered how you'd amassed 6300IP so quickly. Lol. Sense is made.

I completely agree with you on this weeks free champ rotation though. There's 5 I already own/play and the other 5 I don't care about learning. This would be one of the few weeks where I wouldn't even want to play with others. Lol.

I think you had both Ashe & Annie on your EUW one. I think. As for recommendations, if you're set on being Mid, I'd recommend either Karma or Orianna. I'd say they were more 'medium' on the difficulty scale. They both can be built quite flexibly too. As either damaging mages or supports (they both have single target shields too). I'd say try them. Plus, in Orianna's case, you'd still get to play with balls.  ;)

Yeah, that one that reported the other player cause he "had to be hacking to be so bad" xD

But then last November Team Liquid put out a movie about how bad things were last summer, and it was reviled that in games where TL was behind Dardoch was giving up and just wanting to go to the next game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzGXt--Ig4&feature=youtu.be&t=49m41s

He (and people like him) should really be banned from playing professionally imo.
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Free champ rotation! Of course! *Facepalms*. I wondered how you'd amassed 6300IP so quickly. Lol. Sense is made.

I completely agree with you on this weeks free champ rotation though. There's 5 I already own/play and the other 5 I don't care about learning. This would be one of the few weeks where I wouldn't even want to play with others. Lol.

I think you had both Ashe & Annie on your EUW one. I think. As for recommendations, if you're set on being Mid, I'd recommend either Karma or Orianna. I'd say they were more 'medium' on the difficulty scale. They both can be built quite flexibly too. As either damaging mages or supports (they both have single target shields too). I'd say try them. Plus, in Orianna's case, you'd still get to play with balls.  ;)
    I just checked and you're right, but I also have 3800IP on that account if I wanted to buy a new champ. :P I'm not set on being Mid, I think I just prefer ranged champs. I tried Poppy last week too and I was so unhappy on it that I quit in the middle of the game (but it was just with/against bots, so it wasn't BM). I guess I could go to Ashe or Jhin, but it seems like they're played in the LCS so much I'm kinda sick of even seeing them, and even the pros don't seem very effective on those champs outside of providing some utility and engage right now. I wonder if that's why Piglet switched from ADC to Mid, actually. :P

I'll make it a point to try Orianna though. :)

He (and people like him) should really be banned from playing professionally imo.
    I don't know about that...I'm not excusing his behaviour, but he was 17...dropped out of high school to play League professionally, and ended up in a teamhouse with four other guys in similar positions in a bad team environment with a couching staff that didn't seem to know how to handle that situation. For what it's worth, his attitude seems to have improved greatly since he moved over to Immortals, and I like him for his drive and his passion.

But it's still fun to occasionally poke fun at him. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • I just checked and you're right, but I also have 3800IP on that account if I wanted to buy a new champ. :P I'm not set on being Mid, I think I just prefer ranged champs. I tried Poppy last week too and I was so unhappy on it that I quit in the middle of the game (but it was just with/against bots, so it wasn't BM). I guess I could go to Ashe or Jhin, but it seems like they're played in the LCS so much I'm kinda sick of even seeing them, and even the pros don't seem very effective on those champs outside of providing some utility and engage right now. I wonder if that's why Piglet switched from ADC to Mid, actually. :P

I'll make it a point to try Orianna though. :)

3800IP is a good amount! It'll get you any of the first three tiers of champs easy. I just checked now and I have almost 104,000 unused IP! Wish you could transfer it to others. Lol. I can understand a preference for ranged champs (as I share it to a degree). It doesn't restrict role either as you'll find viable ranged champs in all lanes (even Top). It's funny, I've never had the chance to try out Poppy myself even though she's probably the champ I most want to learn! Lol. Regarding ranged vs melee, it's something you eventually get used to. I remember years ago, at first, I hated playing melee as I felt so vulnerable (especially in the early levels). But then you learn/realise just how powerful and durable they become in later levels to the point you no longer fear just getting stuck in. In ARAM (the mode I play the most) Tanks are easily the best class to be given as they are SO durable and can simply outlast anyone (even burst mages). Yeah Ashe & Jhin are so overplayed, I agree. Although I suppose it's important to remember that all Marksmen (as a rule) right now aren't anywhere near as powerful or important as they were three to five years ago (for better or worse). I'd still say ADC was the easiest role for a new person to play though.

As for Orianna, the trick to her is being 'one with the ball', lol. A basic combo with her would be Command:Attack (Q) outwards and passed through as many targets as possible (dealing damage to everything it passes through) and then Command: Protect (E) the ball back towards yourself (thereby passing through the same enemies again thus dealing double damage) while also giving yourself a nice handy shield to survive any recourse. Never forget the speed boost/slow on Command: Dissonance (W). And when you see three or more enemy champs within the same area and you and/or your team are in a position to be able to attack, throw the ball out to the middle of them (Q) and use her Ult, Command: Shockwave to engage an attack for your teamates to follow up on.

I don't know about that...I'm not excusing his behaviour, but he was 17...dropped out of high school to play League professionally, and ended up in a teamhouse with four other guys in similar positions in a bad team environment with a couching staff that didn't seem to know how to handle that situation. For what it's worth, his attitude seems to have improved greatly since he moved over to Immortals, and I like him for his drive and his passion.

But it's still fun to occasionally poke fun at him. :P

While I do understand your point and where you're coming from, I strongly disagree on this one. I fully understand that he (and others like him) are only 17 (young). And at the end of the day, children will be... well... children. However that can only excuse so much in my book. I understand getting angry and impulsive and generally throwing toys out of the pram. A lot of grown adults still do that, lol. But if you're being employed (PAID) by a professional league (dropping out of school to do so is irrellevant), you have to step up your maturity and grow up. Acting like a child shouldn't be acceptable (regardless of actual age). I can accept that children being taken away from their homes and being made to live together isn't exactly a good idea but quite frankly, if it doesn't work, maybe it shouldn't be done? At the end of the day there is clearly so many immature jerks that play top level in the LCS that it irritates me that nothing is ever done about it. I fully understand that what I'm suggesting would result in the immediete removal of like HALF of all the current LCS players but I stand by it. At the end of the day, like in all sport it seems, terrible behaviour is ignored because of percieved ability. Disgusting.

Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • 3800IP is a good amount! It'll get you any of the first three tiers of champs easy. I just checked now and I have almost 104,000 unused IP! Wish you could transfer it to others. Lol. I can understand a preference for ranged champs (as I share it to a degree). It doesn't restrict role either as you'll find viable ranged champs in all lanes (even Top). It's funny, I've never had the chance to try out Poppy myself even though she's probably the champ I most want to learn! Lol. Regarding ranged vs melee, it's something you eventually get used to. I remember years ago, at first, I hated playing melee as I felt so vulnerable (especially in the early levels). But then you learn/realise just how powerful and durable they become in later levels to the point you no longer fear just getting stuck in. In ARAM (the mode I play the most) Tanks are easily the best class to be given as they are SO durable and can simply outlast anyone (even burst mages). Yeah Ashe & Jhin are so overplayed, I agree. Although I suppose it's important to remember that all Marksmen (as a rule) right now aren't anywhere near as powerful or important as they were three to five years ago (for better or worse). I'd still say ADC was the easiest role for a new person to play though.

As for Orianna, the trick to her is being 'one with the ball', lol. A basic combo with her would be Command:Attack (Q) outwards and passed through as many targets as possible (dealing damage to everything it passes through) and then Command: Protect (E) the ball back towards yourself (thereby passing through the same enemies again thus dealing double damage) while also giving yourself a nice handy shield to survive any recourse. Never forget the speed boost/slow on Command: Dissonance (W). And when you see three or more enemy champs within the same area and you and/or your team are in a position to be able to attack, throw the ball out to the middle of them (Q) and use her Ult, Command: Shockwave to engage an attack for your teamates to follow up on.
    Wow Day, it's been years since I've seen you write such a long post. Almost reminds me of when we first met and we'd exchange walls of text over PMs about stuff. :P

You're probably right though, it's just that I found it hard to even farm minions with Poppy, much less engage champions. For me it was much easier to do both on Syndra, and that's partially why I was a bit bemused when you said she was a tough champ to learn...but either way, I'm trying to do things like resist the urge to press down all the buttons when I see an opponent champ, and don't even expect me to have any map awareness or know how to ward, so I guess I shouldn't be picky either way at this point. :P

I don't even think warding was even a thing when I played, other than maybe by the support player, but now from what I gather everyone is responsible for warding and playing their part in the vision game to some extent.

Thanks for the advice, by the way! :D

While I do understand your point and where you're coming from, I strongly disagree on this one. I fully understand that he (and others like him) are only 17 (young). And at the end of the day, children will be... well... children. However that can only excuse so much in my book. I understand getting angry and impulsive and generally throwing toys out of the pram. A lot of grown adults still do that, lol. But if you're being employed (PAID) by a professional league (dropping out of school to do so is irrellevant), you have to step up your maturity and grow up. Acting like a child shouldn't be acceptable (regardless of actual age). I can accept that children being taken away from their homes and being made to live together isn't exactly a good idea but quite frankly, if it doesn't work, maybe it shouldn't be done? At the end of the day there is clearly so many immature jerks that play top level in the LCS that it irritates me that nothing is ever done about it. I fully understand that what I'm suggesting would result in the immediete removal of like HALF of all the current LCS players but I stand by it. At the end of the day, like in all sport it seems, terrible behaviour is ignored because of percieved ability. Disgusting.
    I don't entirely disagree with you, but at the same time I think you have to make an effort to separate players who are just toxic with players who maybe aren't equipped to handle the stresses of being a professional player...these are people who are uprooted from their lives, their friends, and their family, and made to live with and spend their lives with a number of other people that they may or may not get along with. That concept alone with dramatic enough for MTV to develop a long-running series around it, and that doesn't even take into account the stress of being on a team and having to constantly practice and compete in some of the most competitive esports leagues in the world. Considering that these players are sometimes just starting their adult lives, it's understandable that they might not be equipped to handle that kind of stress or those kind of issues.

It's no secret that Team Liquid had and continues to have issues when it comes to developing players...it's something they themselves put out there in a two-hour long movie that didn't really show anyone in the org in the best light, so I don't mind that Dardoch was given a second chance on a fresh team. From what I've read, he realizes that he was lucky to be given another chance and is really making the most of it.

Actually, I've grown really interested in how these esports organizations are ran and the issues they face, and this is actually an area where they're becoming more aware...at least in the top-tier teams you're seeing more of an effort to develop players as people and not just as players so that they have skills and options when their gaming careers are over, and you're seeing them hire more support staff and start to bring in sports psychologists to help equip them with the skills to handle the conflicts and stress that their situations bring. The orgs increasingly understand that they have a role to play in helping their players grow as people, and that as they grow as people they also grow as players.

I think it's just one of many things that the orgs are exploring as esports continues to mature and become more professional. I think it's obvious when it comes to League that Riot and the top orgs want the LCS to rival the stature and professionalism of traditional sports leagues, so I expect that issues like this won't be as big an issue in the future...players who need help will get it, and those that are just toxic will be sent packing.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I see my wall of text scared everyone away. :P

In any case, you guys want to do something this weekend? I don't know how it'd work out with the regions, but it'd be cool for the three of us to come together. :)

Actual coming afterwards is optional. xD

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous

In any case, you guys want to do something this weekend? I don't know how it'd work out with the regions, but it'd be cool for the three of us to come together. :)

I'm pretty awful and that discussion was getting technical so I bowed out. But yeah I'd be up for a game this weekend. Sunday is better than Saturday but I guess I can figure something out.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen

Not scared away, just been SO busy the last few days.  :P

Wow Day, it's been years since I've seen you write such a long post. Almost reminds me of when we first met and we'd exchange walls of text over PMs about stuff. :P

You're probably right though, it's just that I found it hard to even farm minions with Poppy, much less engage champions. For me it was much easier to do both on Syndra, and that's partially why I was a bit bemused when you said she was a tough champ to learn...but either way, I'm trying to do things like resist the urge to press down all the buttons when I see an opponent champ, and don't even expect me to have any map awareness or know how to ward, so I guess I shouldn't be picky either way at this point. :P

I don't even think warding was even a thing when I played, other than maybe by the support player, but now from what I gather everyone is responsible for warding and playing their part in the vision game to some extent.

Thanks for the advice, by the way! :D

I admit, I haven't written something so long in quite a while now. Possibly EVER when it comes to this forum.  :P
    (I later remember the whole Gov debacle from a year ago and realise that last sentence simply can't be true).

Yeah, Poppy isn't really one for farming. Like a few melee champs, she really has to let her minions do most of the damage then 'last hit' the enemy minions to gain the gold. I really want to try her! Lol. I suppose most Mages will always just 'feel' better at doing things early on to newer players. Keep playing different mages and see how your confidence grows. My first instinct is to want to run when I see an enemy champ on SR. It's still on ongoing process for me to remember that sometimes I can be aggressive and possibly win an exchange. Early game you have to be really cautious but later on you can afford to take a few gambles. Whoever gets the first shot in usually has the advantage too. I'm still no good at warding myself either. I do do it (to a degree) but I place them for my own personal benefit and what particular vision I want in my lane rather than anything else on the map (like the river or Baron pit for example). I'm not sure I'd ever pick up that skill without playing with experienced SR players. And yes, even though Supports will always be considered the 'main' warding champs of a team, all players now kind of actively place them much more nowadays.

So have you tried Orianna (or Karma) yet? One more thing I forgot to mention with Orianna, placing the ball on your team's tank (E) then casting your Ult (Shockwave) when they're surrounded by enemy champs. And just generally taking advantage of the fact the ball is attached to a teamate (using Dissonance to give your Assassin a speed boost to help them chase down and pick off an enemy target for example).

I don't entirely disagree with you, but at the same time I think you have to make an effort to separate players who are just toxic with players who maybe aren't equipped to handle the stresses of being a professional player...these are people who are uprooted from their lives, their friends, and their family, and made to live with and spend their lives with a number of other people that they may or may not get along with. That concept alone with dramatic enough for MTV to develop a long-running series around it, and that doesn't even take into account the stress of being on a team and having to constantly practice and compete in some of the most competitive esports leagues in the world. Considering that these players are sometimes just starting their adult lives, it's understandable that they might not be equipped to handle that kind of stress or those kind of issues.

It's no secret that Team Liquid had and continues to have issues when it comes to developing players...it's something they themselves put out there in a two-hour long movie that didn't really show anyone in the org in the best light, so I don't mind that Dardoch was given a second chance on a fresh team. From what I've read, he realizes that he was lucky to be given another chance and is really making the most of it.

Actually, I've grown really interested in how these esports organizations are ran and the issues they face, and this is actually an area where they're becoming more aware...at least in the top-tier teams you're seeing more of an effort to develop players as people and not just as players so that they have skills and options when their gaming careers are over, and you're seeing them hire more support staff and start to bring in sports psychologists to help equip them with the skills to handle the conflicts and stress that their situations bring. The orgs increasingly understand that they have a role to play in helping their players grow as people, and that as they grow as people they also grow as players.

I think it's just one of many things that the orgs are exploring as esports continues to mature and become more professional. I think it's obvious when it comes to League that Riot and the top orgs want the LCS to rival the stature and professionalism of traditional sports leagues, so I expect that issues like this won't be as big an issue in the future...players who need help will get it, and those that are just toxic will be sent packing.

I suppose that highlights a good quesiton though: what do we consider 'toxic'? To some, that might just be a case of being verbally aggressive or mean to other players. For me, it encompasses far more than that. To bring it back to Dardoch for a second, to openly call out wanting to report another player for being 'so bad' in their opinion (whether he actually did the report or not is entirely irrelevant) IS being toxic. Regardless of the reasons WHY they're being that way, it doesn't make them any less toxic in my opinion. There's just no acceptable excuse for it. Basically, I don't recognise the difference between the two different types of players you're describing. Again, if these kids can't mentally handle it: THEY SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT!!! And I don't for a second buy that all kids will fall victim to that mentality either. Don't get me wrong, I'm shit at games. But if I was taken on by an e-sports team at that age I would've NEVER behaved as terribly as these kids do. Never.

It's good to hear that organizations are thinking much more about the mental health of their members though. That can only be a good thing. Maybe more continued investment (both time and money) in that will eventually help improve bad behaviour in the long run. And yes, giving them options for a life post-gaming is a very good idea too. I really do hope that e-sports continues to grow and becomes something like what 'real' sports are. I just hope that doesn't come along with celebrating people with bad attitudes (as in the case with 'real' sport).

The three of us playing together is totally off the table BUT an alternative could always be you playing with each of us at different times when either of us are free. For example, this weeks free champ rotation is shite for me but I'd be up for playing some games Monday night onwards (I'm only working Wednesday & Friday this week). I worked out theres exactly 16 champs I want to try and there's less than 160 champs in total which means there's at minimum a one in ten chance of a champ that I want to try appearing in the rotation on any given week. Here's hoping Monday's contains one of them. If it does, I'd REALLY love to play this week!  :D

Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • So I may have missed a few things here. But anywho. I'm free most nights after 8 pm. I have most of the Champs I play well or at least used to already. It's just a matter of letting me know when you'd like to hop on dear Mooty. And if you'd like I can give you either my fb or discord or curse or any number of ways to reach me.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • So I may have missed a few things here. But anywho. I'm free most nights after 8 pm. I have most of the Champs I play well or at least used to already. It's just a matter of letting me know when you'd like to hop on dear Mooty. And if you'd like I can give you either my fb or discord or curse or any number of ways to reach me.
    I'm open to being friends on FB or anywhere else just in general...my FB is in my profile. :D

You can also reach me on Wintreath chat or Discord though...I'm on whenever I'm online, and if I don't reply it means I stepped away from the computer...probably to shower, eat, something like that. Daylen and I were able to play a few games with just us and bots the other night, and it was pretty fun, but it took two nights to get there because the first night I was afk when he asked. :P

I suppose that highlights a good quesiton though: what do we consider 'toxic'? To some, that might just be a case of being verbally aggressive or mean to other players. For me, it encompasses far more than that. To bring it back to Dardoch for a second, to openly call out wanting to report another player for being 'so bad' in their opinion (whether he actually did the report or not is entirely irrelevant) IS being toxic. Regardless of the reasons WHY they're being that way, it doesn't make them any less toxic in my opinion. There's just no acceptable excuse for it. Basically, I don't recognise the difference between the two different types of players you're describing. Again, if these kids can't mentally handle it: THEY SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT!!! And I don't for a second buy that all kids will fall victim to that mentality either. Don't get me wrong, I'm shit at games. But if I was taken on by an e-sports team at that age I would've NEVER behaved as terribly as these kids do. Never.

It's good to hear that organizations are thinking much more about the mental health of their members though. That can only be a good thing. Maybe more continued investment (both time and money) in that will eventually help improve bad behaviour in the long run. And yes, giving them options for a life post-gaming is a very good idea too. I really do hope that e-sports continues to grow and becomes something like what 'real' sports are. I just hope that doesn't come along with celebrating people with bad attitudes (as in the case with 'real' sport).
    I don't think that particular incident proves that he's toxic, I think that and his other incidents last year speak more to him being a passionate/emotional person and not having the mental discipline to keep from getting tilted when he's losing a game. Let's be honest, most of us have that problem to some extent as gamers...a lot of people would be surprised at what I devolve into when I play Hearthstone. A lot of screaming and cursing. Maybe you're an exception...I'm not. :P

At the end of the day, I don't think he's a troll or someone that's out to hurt people, I think he's a good person whose feelings get the best of him sometimes. And I think it's great that he's passionate...that's part of what makes him fun to watch and follow and support, but as a professional gamer it's up to him to learn to control those feelings when they turn negative. Another team gave him a chance, and I think that's great. I actually like Dardoch, and I believe in giving people second chances, but if he didn't improve at some point no team would want to take a chance with him. League of Legends is a team game, especially at that level, and if one person is so toxic that it keeps the team from coming together, no amount of individual skill is going to make up for it.

But as I said, at least from the outside looking in he seems to be doing much better in that area on Immortals than he did on Team Liquid...maybe that speaks to him being a year older and wiser, or maybe it speaks to Immortal's support staff, or maybe he just thinks he has to shape up cause it could be his last chance to play on a LCS team. Either way, he and Immortals in general seem to be shaping up to be a good team in more ways than one, and it sucks that they just barely didn't make it into playoffs. I hope the Immortals org will see where this team can go from here and keep it intact for the summer split.

Not entirely unrelated, Dardoch was featured on Pocket Picks, where he gave tips and advice on playing Lee Sin, which he's had a lot of success on this split. At one point he also described himself as the cleanest Lee Sin in NA. :P
    1 person likes this post: Daylen Phoenix
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:55:41 PM by Wintermoot »

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • So I played a couple games tonight. Did not do well. So I decided to play Cassi support. Thinking that her CC would give my lane partner a leg up. Did not play out how I wanted it to at all. Also played a little karma. Did better but still got our asses handed to us. The game has changed so much from what I remember....
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6