Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]

Wintreath MOBA Team

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • On paper I could see how she would do fine in support, but in the meta she's usually mid...I'm not sure why that is exactly, but I'm hardly an expert. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • It worked pretty well for us till our jungle started stealing kills from our adc....
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • I don't think that particular incident proves that he's toxic, I think that and his other incidents last year speak more to him being a passionate/emotional person and not having the mental discipline to keep from getting tilted when he's losing a game. Let's be honest, most of us have that problem to some extent as gamers...a lot of people would be surprised at what I devolve into when I play Hearthstone. A lot of screaming and cursing. Maybe you're an exception...I'm not. :P

At the end of the day, I don't think he's a troll or someone that's out to hurt people, I think he's a good person whose feelings get the best of him sometimes. And I think it's great that he's passionate...that's part of what makes him fun to watch and follow and support, but as a professional gamer it's up to him to learn to control those feelings when they turn negative. Another team gave him a chance, and I think that's great. I actually like Dardoch, and I believe in giving people second chances, but if he didn't improve at some point no team would want to take a chance with him. League of Legends is a team game, especially at that level, and if one person is so toxic that it keeps the team from coming together, no amount of individual skill is going to make up for it.

But as I said, at least from the outside looking in he seems to be doing much better in that area on Immortals than he did on Team Liquid...maybe that speaks to him being a year older and wiser, or maybe it speaks to Immortal's support staff, or maybe he just thinks he has to shape up cause it could be his last chance to play on a LCS team. Either way, he and Immortals in general seem to be shaping up to be a good team in more ways than one, and it sucks that they just barely didn't make it into playoffs. I hope the Immortals org will see where this team can go from here and keep it intact for the summer split.

Not entirely unrelated, Dardoch was featured on Pocket Picks, where he gave tips and advice on playing Lee Sin, which he's had a lot of success on this split. At one point he also described himself as the cleanest Lee Sin in NA. :P

Y'know what... I can admit when I'm wrong. Hands up, I've changed my mind (somewhat). I can understand your points a lot more now. Not just from reading the (very well written) words you say but also from reflecting on my own recent in-game behaviour. A week or two ago now for a couple of nights in a row, I really did lose my shit with my team. I behaved terribly... or at least worse than I needed to. Like you say, the passion you feel for a game can make you go to the extremes and feel so frustrated that you need to lash out and LoL is THE perfect example of a game that makes you 'tilt' as you say. It's weird, looking back now, I can remember why I lost it and to a degree, I can understand (and dare I say, justify) why I lost it. But the logical side of me knows I shouldn't have (over)reacted the way I did and not slag off my team when it doesn't accomplish anything and only turns people against you (despite me still thinking now that I had a point). I'm torn on it really. The feelings/passion of the game versus cold hard logic/reason.

Regarding Dardoch specifically, I do somewhat see what you're saying and can accept it all, for the most part. I'll never be a fan (or even like the guy) though. Lol. Anyone who describes themselves (oh so arrogantly) as 'the cleanest Lee Sin in NA' deserves a swift punch to the gob in my opinion. But then of course, I'm an underdog loving, success hating brit and we often percieve american 'confidence' as arrogance and want to tear them down cos of it. So I'm going to claim defense based on my social upbringing for me feeling this way.  :P

On paper I could see how she would do fine in support, but in the meta she's usually mid...I'm not sure why that is exactly, but I'm hardly an expert. :P

I admit, I've never played Cassiopeia before so I can only comment on when she's appeared in a game with me but does she even have that much CC outside of her ult? Maybe I've not paid as much attention to her as I should. Either way, being a damaging mage is her speciality and primary Mages always go Mid lane which is why she's usually seen there in 'the meta' (you're making me start to really hate that term, lol).

It worked pretty well for us till our jungle started stealing kills from our adc....

Supports and Junglers rarely get along...   ;)
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Her miasma has one hell of a slow on it. And I think it stops flash or something like that my friend was telling me.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • Is that the pool of poison/acid she spits out? That does make sense now you mention it. I can see how she would support well. It's strange to me how there's so many champs out there that can work in a support role if played a certain way. It's no wonder people barely ever play your traditional/classic (mage) supports anymore. I do wish they'd redefine or change the role in some way. Or at least give more of a boost to the actual support champs.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:00:40 PM by Daylen Phoenix »
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Y'know what... I can admit when I'm wrong. Hands up, I've changed my mind (somewhat). I can understand your points a lot more now. Not just from reading the (very well written) words you say but also from reflecting on my own recent in-game behaviour. A week or two ago now for a couple of nights in a row, I really did lose my shit with my team. I behaved terribly... or at least worse than I needed to. Like you say, the passion you feel for a game can make you go to the extremes and feel so frustrated that you need to lash out and LoL is THE perfect example of a game that makes you 'tilt' as you say. It's weird, looking back now, I can remember why I lost it and to a degree, I can understand (and dare I say, justify) why I lost it. But the logical side of me knows I shouldn't have (over)reacted the way I did and not slag off my team when it doesn't accomplish anything and only turns people against you (despite me still thinking now that I had a point). I'm torn on it really. The feelings/passion of the game versus cold hard logic/reason.
    Did you report them for being so bad they must be hacking? :P

When you're passionate about something, it's hard to have the discipline not to show the negative emotions that spawn from that sometimes. I've learned to do better over the years, mostly by making a massive fool of myself and learning the hard way, but even today I'm not completely impervious and sometimes it still comes out...though when it does I try to at least express it privately so I don't make as much of a fool out of myself. :P But to be honest, I'm not sure how well even I would fare as a professional gamer. The schedule is grueling, the pressure to perform is intense, the 'fans' can be downright cruel if they think you're not doing well enough, and you're practically living with these other guys that are your team-mates, in some cases right after you meet them. It's a pressure-box, and we take these guys fresh out of high school (or even before), remove them from all the support systems they've ever known, and put them in this situation.

To be honest, it's a wonder players aren't more toxic...in NA at least, most of the players have friendly relationships with each other, and trash talk is usually done in fun. And that's what the fans expect...as eUnited found out on the challenger series: "The fan base is very against [trash-talking]. Gilius [Berk "Gilius" Demir] just got smited by the fan base across the board, and he made his team very unlikable and unpopular within a few hours of that happening. The repercussions are very high in NA, I think that’s why people are less likely to do it." -Locodoco

Regarding Dardoch specifically, I do somewhat see what you're saying and can accept it all, for the most part. I'll never be a fan (or even like the guy) though. Lol. Anyone who describes themselves (oh so arrogantly) as 'the cleanest Lee Sin in NA' deserves a swift punch to the gob in my opinion. But then of course, I'm an underdog loving, success hating brit and we often percieve american 'confidence' as arrogance and want to tear them down cos of it. So I'm going to claim defense based on my social upbringing for me feeling this way.  :P
    lol, well, I wouldn't exactly call Immortals with him on it a success...they didn't even get to playoffs. :P

But I think he's shown a lot of improvement this split both in and out of the game...I'm not aware of any public toxic moments he's had with Immortals, and he's definitely becoming more of a team player in-game. I guess at this point I see his antics with TL as part of his past and not necessarily something that reflects who he is now...so I have a hard time judging him based on that.

I watched one of his streams though, and can confirm that he has shitty taste in music. xD

Is that the pool of poison/acid she spits out? That does make sense now you mention it. I can see how she would support well. It's strange to me how there's so many champs out there that can work in a support role if played a certain way. It's no wonder people barely ever play your traditional/classic (mage) supports anymore. I do wish they'd redefine or change the role in some way. Or at least give more of a boost to the actual support champs.
    If I remember correctly, support wasn't originally a defined role...it just kind of evolved with players over time until it became part of the meta, at which point Riot adopted it as official and started trying to tailor characters to that role. I understand how having a defined role helps make it easier for the fifth player, but personally I think it's a bit limiting too. In reality, picking most champions for 'support' can give you an edge in some area when played right. At least with the new ten-ban system on the competitive level, there's a lot more flexing in positions, including support.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Idolian
  • Former Citizen
  • A Heroes of the Storm team for Wintreath sounds like a great idea. It would be nice to play it without any toxicity.
    Idolian
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • A Heroes of the Storm team for Wintreath sounds like a great idea. It would be nice to play it without any toxicity.

What's your blizzard id? I'll play.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Idolian
  • Former Citizen

What's your blizzard id? I'll play.
    I would have to check the numbers at the end. I am not on a device where I can do that right now, unfortunately. I am not the best player, but I am decent with Morales.
    Idolian
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Kewl beans. I'm not great, myself. But I play a decent abathur and can do alright as ragnaros.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • "You guys are playing like...like literal pussies." -Dardoch 2017

I saw Daylen lurking this topic and just thought I should post something. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]