Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6

Wintreath MOBA Team

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I'm bumping this up again, because the idea of a MOBA team has recently also sprung up in Lazarus.

@NyghtOwl, sorry, I must have missed your question from August...honestly, I don't play any MOBAs currently. I used to play League of Legends some with @Daylen Phoenix and some other friends, but that was a few years back. I did recently tell him that I'd play it again if he could find three other regionmates to play with as a team, cause I don't like random and perhaps toxic strangers on my team. v_v
    1 person likes this post: Daylen Phoenix

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • There's so many different MOBA's out nowadays as well, which splits MOBA fans. And even in the VERY unlikely chance there's actually three other people who play League in Wintreath, regional servers yet further divide people so the chances of getting five on the same one are slim at best.

@Wintermoot - Regarding League specifically, as I've told you before many MANY times, most average players of League aren't that bad at all. Most are quiet and just get on with it. They're not what people like you and I would consider to be 'toxic' (like the kids that play Pro). Of course, you'll always find the odd idiot but that's the case with almost any game that you can play online with others (MOBA, MMORPG, FPS). There's no need to be afraid of strangers! You used to love them on WoW.  :P
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • He posts! Actually, I was way too shy to interact with strangers on WoW...why do you think I was so glad that you and Davey and Gary and Nicholas got into it? :P

I've always thought that e-sports would be awesome for NS regions, but what I like about MOBAs are that they're team-based...League or HotS or Dota2 could be like the national virtual sport of a virtual region, where people chair on their home teams and follow along with how they compete against opponents. I agree that there are some high obstacles to making it happen, but at the same time they're so popular it's hard to believe it would be impossible.

So I believe. <3

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Well, I haven't played league in some time but I could give it a try again. You'll just have to excuse me if I'm awful. Besides that I believe Paragon is cross platform. Pc and console can play together.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'll make a poll on the region page after the current one expires asking if anyone would be interested in forming a team for various games.

What games should be an option?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • @NyghtOwl - If you've played LoL before, I'd be surprised if you were truly awful. And I'd like to think we'd have a team where skill level really didn't matter; it should be the fun apsect that does. Besides, it's better playing with newbies or people who are rusty so they can start from scratch together as a unit.  :D

@Wintermoot - I don't remember you ever being shy!!! Lol. I remember you were the one who wanted to keep playing with the stragglers we kept picking up (even when it wasn't really viable).

As for games to include in a potential poll: LoL, HotS, Dota2, Smite & Paragon are the five I've seen talked about or recommended. Are you going to have it so people can only choose one option? Or multiple? As that would effect the result. Drastically.
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • @Daylen Phoenix, are you sure that wasn't Davey? That sounds more like something he'd want to do more than me. :P

I actually had to look, but it looks like the NS polls don't support multiple selections. We could either specify that people pick their favourite or use some other way to do the poll. Also, I remember a lot of competitive teams getting into a game called Vainglory...do you know anything about that game?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • @Wintermoot - I don't remember you ever being shy!!! Lol.
    I see what you did there...

(sorry I had to)
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • @Wintermoot - Yes, I'm very sure it wasn't Davey! We seem to have very different recollections. Lol. Gary and Davey didn't agree on the speed at which to do things (Gary: quick as poss, Davey: take things slow) but they did unify on the topic of not wanting others to join us, purely cos WoW doesn't support more than five in a group. You insisted on keeping the newbies with us. That makes you 'sociable'. Not 'shy'.  :P

Regarding the poll, I'm not sure it's a great idea to give people only one option. I'd say go with a thread instead but then... I guess that's what this thread already is. I don't know what to suggest really. Maybe a poll and should any one game get five votes (I highly doubt that) then I suppose it gets the go ahead.  :-\

I'd not heard of Vainglory until I just looked into it now. It seems like it's for smart phones only though. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Also, it's only 3v3 I think.

Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • @Daylen Phoenix, oh I know what you're talking about. That didn't come from me being social, it came from wanting to grow the guild and maybe making it a thing beyond just a few friends playing a few times a week. I don't think I actually interacted much with new people other than that one guy from Romania. Davey was the sort that wanted to interact with newbies...I remember on ML he'd talk to a lot of the new people and teach them how to do things like farm and fish, including me when I was new there, lol. He was good at it, too.

And Gary could never just enjoy any game...he wanted to race through right to the end, cause the only part he valued was winning.

Anyways, I've posted the poll on the region page! I didn't include vainglory, because I'm not sure if it's only touch or just optimized for touch, but I included an other option in case we missed anything. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • @Daylen Phoenix, oh I know what you're talking about. That didn't come from me being social, it came from wanting to grow the guild and maybe making it a thing beyond just a few friends playing a few times a week. I don't think I actually interacted much with new people other than that one guy from Romania. Davey was the sort that wanted to interact with newbies...I remember on ML he'd talk to a lot of the new people and teach them how to do things like farm and fish, including me when I was new there, lol. He was good at it, too.

And Gary could never just enjoy any game...he wanted to race through right to the end, cause the only part he valued was winning.

Anyways, I've posted the poll on the region page! I didn't include vainglory, because I'm not sure if it's only touch or just optimized for touch, but I included an other option in case we missed anything. :)

So do y'all wanna send me or post your summoner names? I could probably hop on league tonight. If not I'll be on ESO now that I've given it another shot.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I don't even remember what mine is. I think I have a NA account from 2011 and an EU account from 2013 so I could play with Daylen. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I'd have to make a second account to play with him? Eeeewwwww.....but I've already bought so many champs.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • One of the many challenges we face in putting together a team...which region will we play?

At least I noticed we had five people who voted for LoL on the poll, so maybe they will help decide issues like that!

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Where's the poll? I seem to have missed it.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6