Poll

Later on, should Sioldir and Indosyl leave the Caverns to get supplies to make their way to the Inner Sanctum easier?

Yes, for a day.
2 (28.6%)
No, because they'd lose their way!
0 (0%)
Yes, but for longer than a day, so they have more time to prepare.
2 (28.6%)
Wait, WHY would they leave? This entire thing is based around the caverns!
2 (28.6%)
Just get on with the role-play!
0 (0%)
I don't know why i'm here...
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 13, 2016, 03:32:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]

Misty Pearl Caverns

Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Klause, who'd faded into the background with the emergence of the other characters, is wandering through another section of the caverns, weapon in hand. He pauses to examine a cluster of rocks, but after a moment jabs the haft of his poleaxe between two of them to use as leverage. A grinding sound is heard, then the larger slab of stone slowly rolls out of the way, revealing a tunnel.

"Interesting," he notes, reaching into one of the deep pockets on his coat and withdrawing several crystals that light up when he shakes them. Klause drops two down the tunnel, and starts after them.
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • "Well how do you know that-" Began Indosyl, in reply to Sioldir's claim, but was interrupted by Klause bursting down through a hole in the cave's roof.

"Aaugh!" Screamed Indosyl, staring at Klause as he was righting himself.
    "Who are you? You're not that crazy old man again, are you? If you've come for the artefact, i'm afraid you're out of luck... The door's sealed."
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • "I might be crazy but I'm not that old," Klause grunts, dusting himself off with an annoyed look at the cavern's ceiling. "Who puts a tunnel like that in a place like this?"

He glances around, eyes coming to rest on the large door in front of the group he now finds himself with. A momentary inspection concludes that indeed, the elderly man is correct: the door is sealed. Several grooves inlaid into the surface indicate something - or somethings - need to be placed in the door for it to open.

"Well, we should probably try and get this open."
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:26:54 PM by Weissreich »
    Archivist Academic

Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • (OOC - Indosyl's not a small creature - Indosyl's a fully grown 111 year old man!)

"Here," Said Indosyl, giving Klause a book entitled 'A guide to Wintreath', by I. M. Arritore.
    "This should tell us how to open this thing."

Indosyl fired his grappling hook at the door in an attempt to open it, but this obviously did not work. He then took out his pocket watch, and pushed a few buttons, and the interior of the watch rotated and changed again. He did this to see their co-ordinates. "Yep. Were almost exactly there. Worked anything out yet, Sioldir, or err... you?"

A strange silhouette was in the distant reaches of the Outer Sanctum, and Indosyl noticed this odd outline.

"Maybe we should try to find some ceremonial weapons as you suggested, Sioldir...", said Indosyl, in an attempt to give them an excuse to leave. (The silhouette worried him.)
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:49:01 PM by Nutjob7 »
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Klause nods, hand falling to his belt and withdrawing several glimmersticks. He offers two to the others, then cracks the third against his thigh and tosses it into the shadows lurking at the edges of the room, waiting until it settles several metres off the ground before starting out.

"What would these weapons look like?" He calls back over his shoulder, eyes alert for any sign of danger. "And I propose we start in this room and work our way out. Sticking together in a place like this is a must, if my experiences of it thus far are representative of the rest of the caverns."
    Archivist Academic

Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • Sioldir replies to Klause'' From what I heard about these weapons they are a very dark dirty looking steel but have a distinct effect glowing around them.'' Sioldir looked at the ground were there seemed to a suspicious looking mound of dirt, so Sioldir started rummaging through the pile of dirt and who knows what. Until he came across a note that said 'look to the walls and thy shall find the Almeric Pass, that's were you will find the keys. Sioldir looked to both of the men and said ''lets look to the walls then.''

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:46:27 PM by Owen123 »

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • The walls of the caverns were mossy and damp. Ancient etchings lay between stony ridges atop natural pillars leaning against the rock face. A rock collapse was in the corner of the chamber, and Indosyl swiftly contradicted that with his flail.
    "That ceremonial enough for you?", he rhetorically questioned. He looked at the flail's impact sight,"Looks Almeric-y to me.", announced he before stepping into a newly-opened passageway.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:49:20 PM by Nutjob7 »
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • Sioldir then finds a stalactite piercing his skull, and drops to the floor, dead. Klause and Indosyl drag his body out, and the cave entrance collapses, shutting them off forever from returning to within, thus abruptly and anti-climatically ending the tale of Misty Pearl Cavern. 
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]