Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Oh, the creatures you'll find in Wintreath...

Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • The Wintrean Wolf is a very feral wolf that wont hesitate to attack. They form groups of over thirty Wintrean wolfs and all hunt together. When one of the wolfs catch some food or meat if the wolf that found the meat is very weak and not very helpful they will take their food but if the weak wolf doesn't want to let go of the meat because they want it for them selves the other wolfs will most likely eat him/her as well.

Here is a illustration

5 people like this post: Weissreich, pacsironeenk, Michi, Gerrick, BraveSirRobin
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:25:09 PM by Pengu »

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • How big are these wolves? They sound rather intimidating as it is!
    1 person likes this post: pacsironeenk
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • The wolves are about the size of two metres long and one meter tall.

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Sizeable creatures, then. I like it! Are they winter creatures (found in the north of Wintreath) or are there variations/different breeds that inhabit further south where it's warmer?

Also, would you mind if I used these wolves as beasts in the House RP that'll be starting soon? It'd be great to have some content created by other users involved, especially something like these wolves which'd be group event NPCs or similar :)
    Archivist Academic

Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • There are some variation in the wolves but the ones in the south seem to be smaller than the ones I the north.

And I would not mind if you used them in your roleplay.   
    2 people like this post: Weissreich, pacsironeenk

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • There are some variation in the wolves but the ones in the south seem to be smaller than the ones I the north.

And I would not mind if you used them in your roleplay.   
    Smaller, right, probably more nimble too? Do they still hunt in such large packs or are the southern breeds more inclined towards a more tight-knit family unit?

Thanks! I'll let you know when it begins and ask if I need to know anything about the wolves :)
    Archivist Academic

Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • Your Welcome and in the south they are more of a smaller family.
    2 people like this post: Weissreich, pacsironeenk

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • Weissriech -

Also, would you mind if I used these wolves as beasts in the House RP that'll be starting soon? It'd be great to have some content created by other users involved, especially something like these wolves which'd be group event NPCs or similar :)

I believe I have made a character for this House roleplay, and made a troll for it, but...
    what exactly is it?
    « Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:42:00 AM by Nutjob7 »
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Weissriech -

I believe I have made a character for this House roleplay, and made a troll for it, but err...
    what exactly is it? I mean - it sounds fun!
    I'll PM you the details tomorrow when I'm less swamped. @Owen123 and @Sir Jammy Bob II, you guys have signed up as well - do you want me to include you in the PM?
    Archivist Academic

Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Owen123
  • Former Citizen
  • King Owein Hod
  • yes please

Owen123
    • King Owein Hod
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I think all of this lore building is quite excellent.  It's nice to see others interested in building up our world of Wintreath.  ^_^

For good measure though, I went ahead and merged your 3 creature topics into this one, mimicking that of our Location listing topic.  :)
    2 people like this post: pacsironeenk, Barnes
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• The Rainix
    The Rainix is a larger, majestic bird resembling a phoenix, hence part of the name.  They are a soft combination of the colors of the rainbow...giving them the other part.  In fact, their tail feathers have a red tip, and gradually shift through each of the colors continuously throughout the day.  Depending on a Rainix's mood, their bodies can either shift to a darker or lighter tint - darker when they're in a more angry mood, lighter if they're in a good mood, and a neutral tone in between.  They can also shift to other colors depending on different types of moods, such as looking more faded if they're depressed, or more vibrant and beautiful if they're happy or they're in love.

Rainixes are large enough to ride, though they're choosy about who they let ride them.  But they can go great distances, and are comfy to sit on when they allow it.  Try to hop on one when it's angry or doesn't want you as a rider, it'll be the last mistake you make.

Like a normal phoenix, when a Rainix dies it'll burst into flames and be reborn from the ashes.  Outside of their look, this is the only other trait that they share in common.
    3 people like this post: pacsironeenk, Ogun of Valeria, Imaginative Kane
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• Arachnosites

Arachnosites are one of the most terrifying, deadliest creatures that one could encounter in the world.  At a glance, they seem incredibly harmless given the fact that they're both tiny and easy to kill if one sees them.  However, arachnosites are both smart and quick, and chances are they won't be seen until it's too late.

When an arachnosite successfully finds and climbs onto a victim, they make their way to an area of the body where the victim's skin is exposed.  With animals, this is obviously an easy feat whereas for others, it's a little trickier.  Once they find that area, they burrow into the victim's body and make their way to the blood stream.  Being small enough, they attach themselves to a traveling blood cell and begin sucking it dry.  As they're doing so, they also inject a type of fluid back inside that discolors the cell, until it finally bursts.  When it does, hundreds of new arachnosites are released as they continue the cycle with each blood cell, in what seems like an infinite repetition until the victim finally dies, and the arachnosites inside of them eventually die as well without any of the blood cells to continue to sustain them.

Arachnosites have a short lifespan, and don't travel in the light for too long.  They prefer dark places or will hide under piles of items, such as a pile of logs.  Unlike most spiders, arachnosites don't make webs, and they never make themselves known since they're always on the hunt.  But if you're traveling in a dark place or see yourself close to a large pile, you'd best be wary, for there might be an arachnosite or two lurking nearby.

If you see a dead body near such an area or a bit away from it, take a quick check of the victim's mouth.  Normally after they've finished feeding, the arachnosites will attempt to leave the victim through that area, and most will die before they make it out.  If you see something black near the victim's mouth, chances are you're looking at a small heap of dead arachnosites, and there may be one or more nearby depending on the area.
    2 people like this post: pacsironeenk, Imaginative Kane
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:58:22 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• Libbits

Libbits are smaller (rabbit sized, hence the name), bouncy creatures that resemble a little lion with the mane.  They are playful, nervous, and mischievous little creatures that enjoy acting like they're fierce creatures to others.  If one were to approach a libbit, it would quickly run away and hide, as they're wary about anyone bigger coming into contact with them.  However, when one isn't looking, a libbit will instantly run up and pounce at the person, nipping them once, and then running away again in delight.

Libbits are herbivores, eating only the grass as well as certain other plants that they find.  They have the normal lifespan of a smaller animal, being able to live for up to 30 years.  While libbits in the wild are extremely wary of people, there have been many that have been successfully tamed.  They're quite a common pet for people to have given their playful nature.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• Nimbus Whales

Nimbus whales are, as the name suggests, whales that are somehow able to travel the very skies as if they were an ocean.  There are very few of these creatures in existence, with it being assumed that there were only 5 in the world at a time.  They tend to travel in different parts of the world, enjoying the sky and occasionally collecting clouds on their back, giving them the Nimbus part of their name.  One whale in fact carries an entire temple on its back, though it's unknown how such a feat came to be.  This particular whale can be tricky to find, since it enjoys floating through the clouds themselves at times, giving them a cover.

These whales are harmless to others who come across them, wishing and wanting only to travel the skies with no other purpose.  The only harm they present is in their large size and therefore possibility of colliding unintentionally into things smaller than they are.  If one were to approach a Nimbus Whale in a flying machine, one would need to be particularly careful since they whales will change direction in the snap of a finger...and therefore the snap of your machine if you're not careful.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:50:23 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House