Pages: [1]

Ratification Comments

Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Question, so as not to clutter up the Vote thread:

What I am asking is if someone can please highlight what is being amended compared to the current version.  Can someone please show me what is being added, and what is being removed?

It is hard to read and understand the modifications without this being done @Laurentus @BraveSirRobin @Wuufu

I would like to visually see the changes in the language of the law.  Please and thank you.
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Also @Weissreich, we can put comments on the bill here as well, to separate that from the voting thread?

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Yeah, good idea, but I decided to comment there as that thread will be the more active and more people will see the post and hopefully take what I said on board :)
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Yeah, good idea, but I decided to comment there as that thread will be the more active and more people will see the post and hopefully take what I said on board :)

Can someone still help me and highlight the changes above as I requested?

Visually show what's being removed (strikethroughs) and what's being added (bolded) please ?  The Right to Amendment Act would have solved this issue >_<

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • Nor would you have written a bill about it :P

I feel like you're one of the only people who's even able/encouraged to abstain.

But yeah, I'm worried that the Underhusen has been so absorbed by passing the bill that we've blinded ourselves into thinking that the majority of the public supported it. Or at least there was some kind of pro-open-assembly sentiment at one point, and we went with it too heavily and ignored when it died down.

I think anyone who is neutral on it is encouraged to abstain, just as those who are very much in support or very much against are encouraged to vote the way they feel without judgment.  This system is about people being able to vote the way they choose without being criticized for it.

And there's nothing wrong with the UH being all for this...after all, the UH is a body that represents the people of Wintreath, and opening things up to an OA is a tremendous idea for that reasoning.

However, this is an act that we don't want to pass prematurely, as it's something that affects ALL of Wintreath in a monumental way.  This is an act where we need to sit down, and see why people feel the way they do if they're against it, and really listen to them...because this is an act that I want to see most of, if not ALL of Wintreath genuinely standing behind.

It'd be a horrible precedent to pass an act this monumental if there are many people that are against it.
    @Pengu Fair. I was just worried that it seemed like everyone outside the UH is against the bill when they were previously in favour of it. I'm not sure if there are actually any people who have a neutral opinion of the bill, besides Wintermoot and maybe you. Everyone else who abstained did so for fear of "interference" with what the public wanted.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Gov, we're not merely changing up the current laws, we're throwing them down the crapper and replacing them with something completely different. That's why it's pointless to ask what is being changed and what isn't.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Yeah, the problem is that everything in this act would have to be bolded, since they're literally all new laws.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Nor would you have written a bill about it :P

I feel like you're one of the only people who's even able/encouraged to abstain.

But yeah, I'm worried that the Underhusen has been so absorbed by passing the bill that we've blinded ourselves into thinking that the majority of the public supported it. Or at least there was some kind of pro-open-assembly sentiment at one point, and we went with it too heavily and ignored when it died down.

I think anyone who is neutral on it is encouraged to abstain, just as those who are very much in support or very much against are encouraged to vote the way they feel without judgment.  This system is about people being able to vote the way they choose without being criticized for it.

And there's nothing wrong with the UH being all for this...after all, the UH is a body that represents the people of Wintreath, and opening things up to an OA is a tremendous idea for that reasoning.

However, this is an act that we don't want to pass prematurely, as it's something that affects ALL of Wintreath in a monumental way.  This is an act where we need to sit down, and see why people feel the way they do if they're against it, and really listen to them...because this is an act that I want to see most of, if not ALL of Wintreath genuinely standing behind.

It'd be a horrible precedent to pass an act this monumental if there are many people that are against it.
    @Pengu Fair. I was just worried that it seemed like everyone outside the UH is against the bill when they were previously in favour of it. I'm not sure if there are actually any people who have a neutral opinion of the bill, besides Wintermoot and maybe you. Everyone else who abstained did so for fear of "interference" with what the public wanted.

Which I don't completely agree with.  Just because the majority may want something doesn't mean you shouldn't want what you want.  I'm not saying it's the case this time since it's purely a difference in opinion, but the majority isn't always correct.  You're always allowed to have a differing opinion that is equally as valid.

And I'd say I'm a little more in support than neutral.  However, I want this as a system that a good majority can agree on since this is more than just tweaking a court system or adding another seat to the UH.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation