Pages: [1]

The Text of the Call

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This is the Call that we send to people that we hope will be interested in our region. Here we will discuss ideas to change the Call and craft it into something ever-more appealing and informative.

Code: [Select]
    Salutations, %NATION%!

As a representative of my home region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b], let me to be one of the first to welcome you and your nation to NationStates! If this is your first time leading a nation, you may be interested in our [b][url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=630210]New Player FAQ[/url][/b]. With all the telegrams you're receiving about all these regions, you may be wondering why it's so important to pick the right region. Regions are like guilds or clans in other games – each has its own culture, community, activities, and government affairs, and each region offers a vastly different experience. If you are interested in seeking a home for your nation, allow me to take a moment to humbly invite you to my region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b]. We're a warm, welcoming, fun region that will give you the freedom to develop your nation as you see fit without interference, and provide you the opportunity to get involved in everything we have to offer as a region.

What do we have to offer, you ask?

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] is home to a welcoming, close-knit community of friends.[/b]
    -Wintreath was founded on the principles of cooperation, respect, and a strong community – something that you'll find quite unique in NationStates.
    -Our community is one of the most open in NationStates. Chill out, make friends, and discuss just about anything – from politics to videogames to music to movies to art!
    -We have a great mix of both new and veteran players, so nobody feels out of place!
    -Wintreath has a very diverse community, including a vibrant LGBTQ community. Join in and take part in our zany antics!
    -How would you like to interact with us? We have an active off-site forum ([b]Wintreath.com[/b]), regional message board, and Discord/chatroom.

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] is a region of fun and games![/b]
    -Roleplays! From casual outings at the regional pub to serious roleplays to articles of regional lore – we got ‘em all! Join the RP Guild, and rise through the ranks!
    -Forum games galore! Werewolf/Mafia, Spyfall, Diplomacy, and more!
    -Our own regional Minecraft server! Join your fellow region-mates in some classic survival MC, and help build up our frozen lands among our player-created corporations!
    -A dedicated Steam group for region-mates to find each other and have fun together!
    -We play online multiplayer games together like Civilization V and MOBAs!

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] has a government which strives to make the region better![/b]
    -Elections for the Underhusen, Wintreath's lower legislature, are every two months and are open for all citizens to run in!
    -Elections for World Assembly Delegate, the representative of Wintreath’s NationStates presence, are every three months and are also open for all citizens to run in!
    -We have one of the largest regional executive Cabinets in NationStates, with all Vice-Minister positions elected every three months!
    -Appointed and volunteer positions allow you to help with the work of the Wintrean government, serve the region, and make a name for yourself!
    -We aim to be a meritocratic society that will appreciate and recognize your work and accomplishments in our region.

While there are many aspects to our region, its true strength is the awesome people that are in it, and we would be honored if you would consider making our region even better by joining us. If you are interested at all, consider trying out our region by clicking the [b]Move[/b] button at the bottom of this telegram. You're not obligated to stay, so what do you have to lose? I hope you consider checking [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b] out. If you have any questions, feel free to telegram me back! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Cheers,
    [nation]{Your Nation}[/nation]
    {Your Title(s)} of [region]Wintreath[/region]
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:23:01 AM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • This is a draft revision to the Call:

Salutations, %NATION%!

As a representative of my home region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b], let me to be one of the first to welcome you and your nation to NationStates! If this is your first time leading a nation, you may be interested in our [b][url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=630210]New Player FAQ[/b][/url]. If you're not interested in joining a region, it has information on how you can block telegrams like this one. If you are interested in seeking a home for your nation, allow me to take a moment to humbly invite you to my region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b]. We're a warm, welcoming, fun region that will give you the freedom to develop your nation as you see fit without interference, and provide you the opportunity to get involved in everything we have to offer as a region.

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] is home to a welcoming, close-knit community of friends.[/b]
    -We have a great mix of both new and veteran players, so nobody feels out of place!
    -Wintreath has a very diverse community, including a vibrant LGBTQ community. Join in and take part in our zany antics!
    -How would you like to interact with us? We have an active regional message board, off-site forum (wintreath.com), and IRC/chatroom.
    -Wintreath was founded on the principles of cooperation, respect, and a strong community—something that you'll find quite unique in NationStates.
    -Our community is one of the most open in NationStates. Chill out, make friends, and discuss just about anything.

-Roleplays! From casual outings at the regional pub to serious national roleplays to articles of regional lore, we got em all!
    -We regularly play games together such as Civilization V, and we have a dedicated Steam group for regionmates to get together for fun times!
    -Forum games galore! Werewolf/Mafia, Spyfall, and more!
    -Our own regional Minecraft server! Join your fellow region-mates in some classic survival MC!
    -Our new Wintreath Academy gives you to the opportunity learn from regionmates in a variety of courses, or to teach your own!

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] has a [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=417481]government[/url] which strives to make the region better![/b]
    -Elections to our lower legislature, the Underhusen, are every two months and are open for all Citizens to run in!
    -Appointed ministry positions, volunteer positions, and military service allow you to make a name for yourself and serve the region.
    -A Civil Service has been opened, where citizens and officials alike can help with the work of the Wintrean government.
    -Our new guild system allows you to get involved in a specific area of the region and rise through the ranks!
    -We aim to be a meritocratic society that will appreciate and recognize your work and accomplishments in our region.

While there are many aspects to our region, its true strength is the awesome people that are in it, and we would be honoured if you would consider making our region even better by joining us. If you are interested at all, consider trying out our region by clicking the [b]Move[/b] button at the bottom of this telegram. You're not obligated to stay, so what do you have to lose? I hope you consider checking [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b] out. If you have any questions, feel free to telegram me back! Thank you for your time and consideration.

The biggest change is that the first paragraph has been rewritten to include the New Player FAQ and a mention on how it has steps to block recruitment telegrams, but I also included a line about our roleplays, the guild system, and our meritocratic society. Any other suggestions for changes?
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:47:01 PM by Wintermoot »

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Nothing? I suppose I'll take it to mean that it's good then and start using it tomorrow.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I was going to comment earlier but forgot. O:-) These changes in the body of the text are pretty much what I had included in my revised version, so I think it looks good. The inclusion of the FAQ was a nice touch, too. :)

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • It's accurate and concise, which is perfect. I'd mention something about the Wintreath Academy, but that's just a shameless promotion at this point :P
    1 person likes this post: Wintermoot
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks, Gerrick and Barnes! :)

The entire message is a shameless promotion if you think about it. :P It's a good idea...I merged the lines about the Steam group and games, and added a line about the Academy...what do you think?
    1 person likes this post: Barnes

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I read through it again and decided to add in my telegram a link to your "Government of Wintreath" dispatch in that section (shown below), and I also added "wintreath.com" in bold and parentheses next to where it says we have an off-site forum. Lastly I noticed it says "Wintreath is home to an welcoming, close-knit community of friends," so I fixed that.
    [b][region]Wintreath[/region] has a [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=417481]government[/url] which strives to make the region better![/b]
    I feel like if the "I'm here, what now? (Or I've been here and want to try new things!)" dispatch got updated, that could be included as well.
    2 people like this post: Wintermoot, Laurentus

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks Gerrick...those are great ideas, and I've included them in the draft. :)
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I've updated our NS++ API recruiter with the new telegram, and I'm using it for my manual recruitment as well. :)

Original Call For Posterity
    Salutations, %NATION%, and welcome to NationStates!

With all the telegrams you're receiving about all these regions, you may be wondering why it's so important to pick the right region. Regions are like guilds or clans in other games. Each has its own culture, community, activities, and government affairs, and each region offers a vastly different experience. While I know you're receiving many such messages, I would like to humbly ask you to consider our own region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b], when you make your choice. What do we have to offer, you ask?

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] is home to an welcoming, close-knit community of friends.[/b]
    -How would you like to interact with us? We have an active regional message board, off-site forum, and IRC/chatroom.
    -Wintreath was founded on the principles of cooperation, respect, and a strong community—something that you'll find quite unique in Nationstates.
    -Our community is one of the most open in NationStates. Chill out, make friends, and discuss just about anything.

-We are buillding a unique, community-driven database of people, locations, and lore of our region for any roleplay to utilize in the future.
    -We regularly play games together, with Civilization V and Crusader Kings II being our most popular events at the moment!
    -Wintreath has a dedicated Steam group for regionmates to find each other and have fun together!
    -Forum games galore! Werewolf/Mafia, Spyfall, and more!
    -Our own regional Minecraft server! Join your fellow region-mates in some classic survival MC!

[b][region]Wintreath[/region] has a government which strives to make the region better![/b]
    -Elections to our lower legislature, the Underhusen, are every two months and are open for all Citizens to run in!
    -Citizens can propose bills to the legislature as well as debate all bills that come before it.
    -Appointed ministry positions, volunteer positions, and military service allow you to make a name for yourself and serve the region.
    -Committees are regularly formed to put together special activities or events, which any Citizen can volunteer for.
    -A Civil Service has been opened, where citizens and officials alike can help with the work of the Wintrean government.

While there are many aspects to our region, its true strength is the awesome people that are in it, and we would be honoured if you would consider making our region even better by joining us. If you are interested at all, consider trying out our region by clicking the [b]Move[/b] button at the bottom of this telegram. You're not obligated to stay, so what do you have to lose? I hope you consider checking [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b] out. If you have any questions, feel free to telegram me back! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours,
    -[nation]Wintermoot[/nation]
    -Founder and Monarch of [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b]
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:16:10 AM by Wintermoot »

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I've created my own draft for recruitment telegrams. Basically updated a couple things, switched some stuff around, and made some minor changes. Figured it couldn't hurt to add it here.
    Salutations, %NATION%!

As a representative of my home region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b], let me to be one of the first to welcome you and your nation to NationStates! If this is your first time leading a nation, you may be interested in our [b][url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=630210]New Player FAQ[/url][/b]. With all the telegrams you're receiving about all these regions, you may be wondering why it's so important to pick the right region. Regions are like guilds or clans in other games – each has its own culture, community, activities, and government affairs, and each region offers a vastly different experience. If you are interested in seeking a home for your nation, allow me to take a moment to humbly invite you to my region, [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b]. We're a warm, welcoming, fun region that will give you the freedom to develop your nation as you see fit without interference, and provide you the opportunity to get involved in everything we have to offer as a region.

-Wintreath was founded on the principles of cooperation, respect, and a strong community – something that you'll find quite unique in NationStates.
    -Our community is one of the most open in NationStates. Chill out, make friends, and discuss just about anything – from politics to videogames to music to movies to art!
    -How would you like to interact with us? We have an active off-site forum ([b]Wintreath.com[/b]), regional message board, and IRC/chatroom.

-Roleplays! From casual outings at the regional pub to serious roleplays to articles of regional lore – we got ‘em all! Join the RP Guild, and rise through the ranks!
    -Forum games galore! Werewolf/Mafia, Spyfall, Diplomacy, and more!
    -Our own regional Minecraft server! Join your fellow region-mates in some classic survival MC, and help build up our frozen lands among our player-created corporations!
    -A dedicated Steam group for region-mates to find each other and have fun together!
    -We play online multiplayer games together like Civilization V and MOBAs!

-Elections for the Underhusen, Wintreath's lower legislature, are every two months and are open for all citizens to run in!
    -Elections for World Assembly Delegate, the representative of Wintreath’s NationStates presence, are every three months and are also open for all citizens to run in!
    -Recruit, write articles for our official publications, and promote activity to [b]earn free Steam keys[/b]!
    -Appointed and volunteer positions allow you to help with the work of the Wintrean government, serve the region, and make a name for yourself!

While there are many aspects to our region, its true strength is the awesome people that are in it, and we would be honored if you would consider making our region even better by joining us. If you are interested at all, consider trying out our region by clicking the [b]Move[/b] button at the bottom of this telegram. You're not obligated to stay, so what do you have to lose? I hope you consider checking [b][region]Wintreath[/region][/b] out. If you have any questions, feel free to telegram me back! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Cheers,
    Gerrick of [nation]Geramundo[/nation]
    Jarl of Culture of [region]Wintreath[/region]
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:59:34 PM by Gerrick »

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'm a bit amused you didn't include your forum game in the forum games list. :P

Otherwise, I'm just curious about why you removed the portion linking to new player faq. Not saying it's bad or anything, just curious about the reasoning. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I'm a bit amused you didn't include your forum game in the forum games list. :P

Otherwise, I'm just curious about why you removed the portion linking to new player faq. Not saying it's bad or anything, just curious about the reasoning. :P
    Yeah, I'll admit the Arena game got away from me a bit, and I've been trying to decide if I just want to remove it. It's a lot of calculations and writing, and with how much I had to remind people to send in actions, it seemed like people weren't all that interested. I don't know.

And I removed the FAQ because I was adding in links to all of the pages but then remembered that you can't have url links, so I deleted them all, which accidentally included the FAQ. Haha. Then I changed the intro around because it was too short. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it. :D

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I also liked the bit in the old version (which I stole) that explained what regions were and why they're important.
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:56:43 PM by Gerrick »

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Having to remind people seems to be common in all the forum games, but I still think the arena games are a good idea. Perhaps we could think of a way to reduce the work that hosting a game requires...have something do the calculations or something.

Your message looks good...I may adopt it myself. :D
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Having to remind people seems to be common in all the forum games, but I still think the arena games are a good idea. Perhaps we could think of a way to reduce the work that hosting a game requires...have something do the calculations or something.

Your message looks good...I may adopt it myself. :D
    Yeah, I don't know how to automate it or anything, but I might just have to create a long, complex Excel sheet that simplifies all the calculations.

And thanks :)

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I've updated the OP with an updated version of @Gerrick's message. Unfortunately, a clarification of NS rules back in January makes it forbidden to promote any sort of monetary reward on NS, even if the contest/event/system is off-site, and I felt the line about earning Steam keys ran afoul of the updated rule. While I was at it, I updated the reference to IRC to Discord.

Please consider using the updated template, especially if you're using the template that mentions Steam keys. If you're using your own recruitment message, please check to make sure it's in compliance with this change. :)
    3 people like this post: taulover, Gerrick, Imaginative Kane

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation