Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 16

[OOC] Maelstrom Academy

I have posted the application form for students in the opening post. Please keep your ability within a certain limit (if possible, provide a short description), after all your character is there at Maelstrom Academy to learn. That said, would anyone be interested in taking up the role as a subject teacher? (eg. Potion Making, Combat Training, Ethics of Magic, Rune Study, etc)

Meanwhile, here are the uniforms, male and female.

I would like to be a subject teacher. What are the other subjects though?
Commander_Zemas
BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Could I be the Professor of Omnipotence?  :P
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Sure, I'd like to be a teacher. Combat training would be my preference.

That said, shouldn't you perhaps set up an application form for teachers too?
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • We need more students than teachers. By the way if you guys want to control two characters (one teacher, one student), it's fine for me.

Regarding additional subjects, the only other subject I can think of at the moment is Mental Training. The subject teacher's magic expertise will most probably be illusion manipulation.

We are not training demigods to become future deities. :P

As for the application for teachers, I will get it up as soon as possible. It is just an additional component to the student application asking for the subject you are teaching.
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    We need more students than teachers. By the way if you guys want to control two characters (one teacher, one student), it's fine for me.

Regarding additional subjects, the only other subject I can think of at the moment is Mental Training. The subject teacher's magic expertise will most probably be illusion manipulation.

We are not training demigods to become future deities. :P

As for the application for teachers, I will get it up as soon as possible. It is just an additional component to the student application asking for the subject you are teaching.

Oh, its good to know I can control both a teacher and a student :P
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Unfortunately my phone's browser won't open that wiki Sapph linked to. Is this only affecting me?

If it is, would someone perhaps copy-paste the contents in a spoiler-tag?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

It's a whole Wikia dedicated to various forms of magic, so I don't think I can copy-paste the information. :P
    « Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:34:27 AM by Sapphiron »
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  •  :-\

I suppose I'll have to take my tablet to a wifi hot spot then. Or buy data.

Thanks, Sapph. :)
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Student Application

Name: Laura Cervantes
    Appearance:
    Laura Cervantes
    Ability: Marrionetakinesis
    Biography:
    Scion of the Cervantes family, Laura was groomed to be a refined gentlewoman from birth. The price of having the privilege to live an extravagant lifestyle was her personal freedom. While going through a series of sessions involving respectable educators whose expertise were on appropriate social conduct, she was constantly monitored by her guardians and punishments were meted out whenever she acted in a manner deemed to be unfit for her family name. When the indoctrination process was completed, her speech had become severely restricted and she was expected to maintain the facade of a polite demeanor before any individual she met.

Naturally, the unreasonably high parental expectations she had to deal with extended beyond her behaviour. Another fundamental requirement of being a Cervantes was decent academic achievements. As a result, the competitive gene in her developed into an insatiable thirst for wisdom, which was later utilized as a driving force for her pursuit of knowledge. A regular patron of the library with a genuine interest in learning, her report card was unsurprisingly filled with perfect scores, but when she showed it to her family with pride, all she received was admonishment for failing Physical Education.

Chained by deeply rooted traditions, she was fully aware that it was only right for her as the heir of the Cervantes family to meet the expectations of her progenitors, regardless of whether she was denied the affection of her family. Resigning herself to the fate of living a life dictated by someone else, she enrolled in Maelstrom Academy as instructed, mocked by the irony that her magical ability was so akin to her history, nothing more than a marionette controlled by strings.
    Dislikes: Noise, Defiance 
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Student Application

Name: Zemas Chaosblade (Culdreth)
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Ability: Draconic Magic
    Biography:

Zemas was born into a Noble family. Due to his parents' involvement in magic, something rather odd happened at birth. Zemas turned out to be a half-dragon, half-human. Fortunately, the human side was more dominant and Zemas looked like a rather ordinary human being from the outside. So, life continued on. His Father was a well known noble and his mother was a well known wizard. They loved Zemas very much and did everything for him. They did manage to teach some etiquette and how to act when he was young, but he broke these rules a lot.

Soon at around the age of 8, they found out Zemas had the ability to use magic. He seemed pretty skilled in the arcane arts for one who knew too little. They taught him some magic at home, and enrolled Zemas in a normal school. He excelled in his academics in every subject. He got straight 100's and his parents were suprised at Zemas' success. They decided to pull him out of school and decided to enroll him in one of the best schools known at that time. Unfortunately, his parents died in an unfortunate, but rather unknown, accident when he was 15.

He inherited family lands as the heir of the royal bloodline . Although he was sad about his parents death, he decided he could live on his own (and without restrictions) and constantly read about magic and history. He decided to enroll at the Maelstrom Academy due to his deep connection to magic and his understanding about it. He hopes to become one of the most famous Magic Users and most powerful. He seeks to know all the secrets to magic and the arcane. Zemas decided to pay attention to every word the teachers said and read up when he could.

Likes: Lore, Literally everything to do with magic, Reading, Power, Friends
    Dislikes: Orders (But will do anything to achieve more magic power), People seeing his private thoughts and information.

Notes: Is the magical birth okay? I don't know if it would fit in.
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:55:19 AM by Commander_Zemas »
    Commander_Zemas
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • What's "tuned with magic"? Magical birth is alright.

P.S. In case anyone is mistaken, while I did mention that Maelstrom Academy is a top school, your character does not necessarily have to be good at academics, (s)he just has a great potential in developing his/her magic abilities.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:09:32 AM by Sapphiron »
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    What's "tuned with magic"? Magical birth is alright.

P.S. In case anyone is mistaken, while I did mention that Maelstrom Academy is a top school, your character does not necessarily have to be good at academics, (s)he just has a great potential in developing his/her magic abilities.

I know. Tuned in Magic is being able to understand it more easily. (This does not mean I insta-know master wizardry :P)
    Commander_Zemas
    Lidwine
  • Former Citizen
  • I like the idea count me in! Just need to shearch a little for my character.
    Lidwine
    • Lost in a happy madness
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Penguon
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • I know. Tuned in Magic is being able to understand it more easily. (This does not mean I insta-know master wizardry :P)
    I would prefer if you have a specific power ... though if your "tuned in magic" only refers to the most general magic like casting a fireball, I wouldn't mind. Zemas Chaosblade is accepted once you reply whether you wish to stick with "tuned in magic" or change to a more specific ability.
    I like the idea count me in! Just need to shearch a little for my character.
    Take your time, I would love to have you.
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    I know. Tuned in Magic is being able to understand it more easily. (This does not mean I insta-know master wizardry :P)
    I would prefer if you have a specific power ... though if your "tuned in magic" only refers to the most general magic like casting a fireball, I wouldn't mind. Zemas Chaosblade is accepted once you reply whether you wish to stick with "tuned in magic" or change to a more specific ability.
    I like the idea count me in! Just need to shearch a little for my character.
    Take your time, I would love to have you.

Can it be Draconic Magic? Able to use it, but the ability starts off weak in the beginning.

Edit: The ability will only advance through tedious reading of books. So, it won't be a very fast learning.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:28:21 PM by Commander_Zemas »
    Commander_Zemas

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 16