He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • My First ESO Home!

Another weekend throwing myself into Elder Scrolls Online, and I finally have a home to show for it! Well, more like a room at the inn in Ebonheart, but it's mine! It's a little...empty at the moment. The painting was loot I'd found and held onto earlier in the game, the tea table and stool were bought as part of the house quest, and the candle came with the house, but...it's a start. :P

My questing has also finally led me to Eastmarch, and Windhelm is greeaaatttt! I love the feeling of being back in Skyrim in another game, and noting that places like Windhelm are at similar on a basic level, though this earlier version of Windhelm is much more active and bustling than the Skyrim version...guess the Second Era was kinda Windhelm's hayday. One thing that's a bit of a let-down is that the graphics for the online version are kind of more scaled down and generic, so this version of Eastmarch isn't as picturesque or immersive as Skyrim's, but I guess that's par for the course in MMORPGs.

Since I've last posted, I've also gained access to Molag Bal's lair, Coldharbour. It's an interesting place, as you could imagine any Daedric realm being, but I'm not sure if this is some sort of end zone or if it's tied in but unrelated to the main game quest. I've only done a few things there since I wanted to explore the Black Marsh and Skyrim, but I'm sure I'll end up back there when I run out of other stuff to do.

Speaking of which, I'm curious what happens when I'm done exploring and questing the Ebonheart Pact zones, which I only have one and a bit of two others left to do. Will I be sent to other alliance zones, or will I only have Coldharbour and I guess Cyrodiil left to do? Or are there other zones that I don't even know about right now? I'm curious cause I still haven't cracked level 30 and at the rate I'm going there has to be some solution or I'm going to run out of content kinda earlier than I expected. :P
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • The frustration is real.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    Red Mones
    • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Reminds me of that time @Evelynx kicked my ass with a mass army of artillery...

An experience almost as frustrating as yours, I'm sure. :P
    1 person likes this post: Red Mones

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • Is ESO cross platform these days?
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Doesn't look like it according to this article from a few months ago. They say it's not a technical issue, but a business issue...which I take as an euphemism for "we make more money keeping it seperate than letting everyone play together".

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • So not a game per se. Butni went to PAX east this friday. Amazeballs. There was so much going on. Stopped by Bethesda and square Enix and ogled the new expansions for FFXIV as well as ESO. They both look amazing!
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I have a friend that plays FFXIV...I always tease him because it seems like every gay or bi guy I ever knew plays that. :P

Last night I was in the mood for something new, and not being able to afford an actual new game I looked through my library of previous purchases and saw I had Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri from GoG, so I installed that and gave it a try. Overall, it was alright...the Civ-II era game rules took some getting used to, and the graphics were kind of bland even for when the game came out, but I've really been in the mood for a futuristic/sci-fi game lately and this was pretty good there. Of course, I had it on the easiest settings since it was my first game, so it wasn't challenging at all. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I have a friend that plays FFXIV...I always tease him because it seems like every gay or bi guy I ever knew plays that. :P

Last night I was in the mood for something new, and not being able to afford an actual new game I looked through my library of previous purchases and saw I had Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri from GoG, so I installed that and gave it a try. Overall, it was alright...the Civ-II era game rules took some getting used to, and the graphics were kind of bland even for when the game came out, but I've really been in the mood for a futuristic/sci-fi game lately and this was pretty good there. Of course, I had it on the easiest settings since it was my first game, so it wasn't challenging at all. :P

GoG is a wonderful thing. I Downloaded one of my all time favorite pc RPGS from them. I almost peed myself when I saw they had Neverwinter Nights 2.
    On a more up to date theme, I'm so freaking excited for the 21st. I preordered Mass Effect Andromeda and I'm twitching in anticipation. I love basically everything Bio ware does and normally high fantasy like Dragon Age is more my thing. But I won't lie, Mass Effect has been one of my favorite series, right under Final Fantasy since I first played it. Something about the story just feels so grand and engrossing. I love love love it.
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I can't believe people actually pay top dollar to preorder games. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Well practically speaking, if you were going to buy the game and play it day one, you might as well preorder it, since they always give some minor thing as an incentive anyway, and you can generally preload the game so you can play it the moment it drops as if you'd gone out to a store and just gotten a physical copy.
    Of course I only 'preorder' like a couple weeks in advance, which really doesn't constitute the same kind of preorders as, say, people with Duke Nukem Forever stubs from 1998 or whatever godforsaken year they started taking preorders for it.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I ordered it a month or two ago. It was actually a little cheaper than buying it when it came out and I had the extra cash. I know I'm gonna buy it so, why not?
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I guess that's the thing...the last game I bought full-price was Warcraft III in 2002. I actually went years not buying games at all until I discovered Steam and its many sales. :P

$50-$70 for a video game just isn't something I can justify on my budget, I'm afraid. ;-;

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • Over the last couple days I've been playing Adventure Quest 3D. I think it's in the late stage of its open beta right now. There's an event going on which offers strong craftable weapons but it's expensive as shit just to get the materials. >_<

Also here's my character currently at level 12:

1 person likes this post: Great Moose
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation