• Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) or even Anno 2070 are both vastly superior games, if you like Anno Online try either. I prefer 2070 personally but a lot of people don't.
    That's good to hear. I have kept an eye on the Anno 1404, but so far haven't found it with low enough price tag.

Last weekend I dipped my toes into the 7 Days to Die, and found it very fun to play with friends.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk

• Deploying an extensive army to meet an attack from the Hurons, after I forced them out of their regional capital by siege. I tried to make use of all the wooded terrain...I'm not sure about E:TW, but in most strategy games being in wooded areas provides a defensive bonus, and at least most of my units were hidden. I placed my artillery on a little knoll above the woods, and on the road behind my lines I had light cavalry ready to chase down any routing units. I wasn't able to make use of them though because suddenly their entire army routed at once and I won the battle. ;-; I suppose that's a good thing, though!

I thought it was impressive at least. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Seroim
  • Former Citizen

• aka screw you brasilia
    Seroim
    • The Court Derpster
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Last week I returned to StarMade. There's insane amount of new stuff I need to get familiar with, and more stuff just keeps pushing out. .-. Jump drives and gates, logic systems, new crafting, space spiders...
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Working on Destiny still.  Need people to play with on the Xbox 360 :(
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Playing through shadow of Mordor, which Wintermoot described only as "an expensive game" it's quite fun and some of the bits and pieces are really quite cool... The memory on individual ork captains is really cool...
    I've heard branding is awesome but I haven't advanced far enough in the story so I have yet to see...
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I've been making it through Tales of Xillia 2.  I have to say I'm a little disappointed in parts and impressed in others.  Examples being:

Pro: They added decision making, meaning there will be sequences where the main character has to make a choice in dialogue.

Con: Unlike Tales of Xillia 1 where both of the main characters were quite chatty the entire time, they decided to make the main character for 2 almost mute.  He'll sigh occasionally and say one word responses every so often outside of choice situations, but that's really it.

Pro: They added some new mechanics for the main character including a new "form" as well as being able to switch between dual swords, a sledgehammer, or dual pistols.

Con: Leveling up has been simplified.  The web screen where you can pick the attributes to increase has been scrapped, and now you can just equip different orbs to level up a list of attributes over time.

Pro: They've added a job system, where you can do jobs for extra cash.

Con: They've added a debt that you have to pay off throughout the course of the game, so doing extra jobs is unfortunately mandatory.  This isn't a pain until weapons/armor become more expensive, and the payback amount for the debt increases.  Also, you're restricted from going to certain areas until you've paid off portions of that debt.

Everything else has been pretty flawless so far, and I do enjoy the game quite a bit.  Each character has their own little sub-story complete with various chapters for each that you can complete throughout the game, and you can build affinity with each character by doing their quests and using them in battle.  Graphics are just as pretty as the first game, and the music has been pretty great.  Story itself has been interesting, but one thing I've always loved about the Tales series is the various twists that happen, including the really big game changing twist that nearly EVERY Tales game I've played (Vesperia, Graces F, Xillia 1, Phantasia) has had.  So I'm looking forward to seeing more of what Xillia 2 has to offer.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Vinaza
  • Former Citizen
  • Eldritch Emperor
  • Uh, I got to do this a little while ago in GW2:

And I now have a title in aforementioned game that I can use to stop arguments:

I played a lot of "The Evil Within", despite someone yelling in voice comms for about six hours about what an awful game it is. ::) I keyed in to groan and be a sarcastic little shit.

I've also started a few new playthroughs of Fallout: New Vegas. Oh, Lanius, I'll fight you in Hardcore mode anytime (actual lie because the last time I did so, I left all my food at the Lucky 38; he kind of beat my face in a lot because I had unarmed maxed out and thought "well, I'll just fist him to death". This time, though, I'm planning on maxing out everything. I've already bought the fiery sword Gehanna, which I didn't have my previous playthrough.).
    Vinaza/Papa Jet | Sampetrius | They pronouns | #witchsquad
    Vinaza
    • Eldritch Emperor
    • proletariat prince
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Playing through shadow of Mordor, which Wintermoot described only as "an expensive game" it's quite fun and some of the bits and pieces are really quite cool... The memory on individual ork captains is really cool...
    I've heard branding is awesome but I haven't advanced far enough in the story so I have yet to see...

If it's expensive (regular price for current-gen console games), it's definitely worth it.  Every story mission seems like a step deeper into some kind of grand conspiracy. 

"If I can do this, then what happens if I..." moments happen a lot, especially after you unlock branding and such.
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• I played a lot of "The Evil Within", despite someone yelling in voice comms for about six hours about what an awful game it is. ::) I keyed in to groan and be a sarcastic little shit.

I've been considering getting that one.  What's your overall opinion on it so far?
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • I thought branding Captain orks was too easy. Within an hour of getting the brand I had every captain in Nurne branded... And stacking runes was to easy. Before even facing the black captain I had a rune set on my now that was 90% chance to get an elf-shot back when I shoot and 100% chance to get focus back on heads shots... I could just infinitely shoot orks in slowmo... Which I admit was absurdly badass and fun.
    Reon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • I agree that sometimes the pool of captains becomes pretty pathetic in terms of their actual strength, but I've also gotten stuck in a sort of feedback loop where I just keep making 3 or 4 captains stronger and only killing maybe one before getting wasted.

I think the point is to really drive home the fact that you are actually incredibly powerful and you can actually completely #WRECK this orc battalion if you wanted to, but its smarter in the long run to manipulate and mindfuck them
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Yeah... On the other hand, to the actual story they don't do a huge amount... Like by the time you do the final encounter you have the ability to be so absurdly powerful that you can take the five talons by yourself... And that's all they did..:
    Reon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 51