Pages: [1] 2 ... 21

Wintreath Space Expeditions (IC)

Welcome Adventurers to the Wintreath Space Expedition!

It is far into the future in the region of Wintreath. Technological levels have been reached further than imagined and galactic ships are starting to go on production. However, not much is relatively known about the surrounding systems.Thus, Wintreath has decided to fund a space expedition to find out the unknown. Mystical worlds will be discovered and perhaps even the mysterious signs of life. Welcome to Wintreath Space Expeditions. You shall be posted on board of one our most advanced pieces of technology available today. The USS Wintreath is at yours to operate.

It contains a big science lab, 2 ship bays (with artificer stations) and can hold 200 passengers if needed. It has a few weapons at its disposal which includes laser weapons and missiles. Currently, there are no FTL technologies available at the moment, but it can reach the speed of light.

Soon, the journey will begin. Recruitment programs have been set up and personnel are transferred to the vessel as soon as possible. With a century worth of provisions, it is almost ready to move out. However, it is lacking some experienced crewmen to explore and analyze findings. With Grand Prince/Captain Alexsandr Von Erikson commanding the vessel, the crew will experience an adventure none have before.

OOC: http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=2971.0

Crew:
Captain & Grand Prince Alexsandr Von Erikson
Artificer Commander Tomalek
Aviator(Pilot) Hendrik Wolfskemer
Surveyor(Explorer) Aria Wells 
Explorer Gunther Stenberg
Engineer Zerick Chase
Scientist Aaban Amer
Scientist Fern Hun
Astrogator(Pilot) James Wheeler
Explorer David Anderson
Doctor(Scientist) Aíne Hiwat 
HKR-07
Pilot Nakamora Steele

Prologue
Chapter 1
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:25:34 PM by Commander_Zemas »
Commander_Zemas
Alexsandr was soon informed of his new duty to explore the cosmos. "Well, I guess its time to get into the swing of things again" he muttered to himself. He found his private pilot to fly him up to the USS Wintreath, which was currently in orbit. Alexsandr knew that he would never see Wintreath for a long time. "Pilot, fly me up to the USS Wintreath. I have to go on a mission." he said. He input the safety code into the shuttle  and wondered what would be out there in space. Will they ever meet other lifeforms? Will we ever return back to Wintreath? All he knew was this trip would take years. Before he knew it, he was in the USS Wintreath. Alexsandr explored the white floors and halls that he would call home. He eventually found his way to his quarters and settled into what he would now call home. The expected crew members won't arrive till a while, but he told his crew to contact him when they arrived.
Commander_Zemas
Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Hendrik had just worked up the nerve to call his mother, and tell her all about the mission. She was heartbroken that he had avoided his family for more than 5 years, but nonetheless happy to hear his voice and learn of his mission.

When he hung up the phone, he felt surprisingly sad to be leaving. What his father had once told him proved to be true after all: a man like him would always need rigid discipline and structure to be a fully-functioning adult. The military provided plenty of that. Hendrik had found contentment in his new life, but he was ready to see what his future would hold in store for him aboard the USS Wintreath.

He took a few slow breaths as he climbed into his shuttle, and looked around his beautiful city once more. He wondered what it would look like when he returned. If he returned.

He promptly decided such thoughts were useless and set off for the Hughie (his fond nickname for the USS Wintreath).

"Well, this should be interesting, don't you think, Pieter?"

The wrist-mounted computer answered in his monotone voice: "Indeed. I wonder what AIs an alien life form would have."

Hendrik cracked a smile. "Of course. That's all you can ever seem to think about."

"You programmed me this way."

"That I did."

He could see the USS Wintreath growing larger, and as he finally pulled in, he signalled one of the crewmen to inform the captain of his arrival. He hoped to all the gods that this captain would be better than the last one he served with. "Tell Captain Aleksandr I've arrived. And please tell me this thing has a bar."

The crewman didn't seem to approve of his last sentence, but Hendrik didn't care.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    After unpacking his few belongings, which include his House symbol, he was contacted that  Mr.Wolfskemer arrived. He decided to meet him immediately. He wound his way to the hanger where the pilot was.

"Greetings Mr.Wolfskemer! Or should I call you Hendrik? Anyhow, welcome aboard the USS Wintreath. I hope we will get to know each other more since I like to know all under my command. I'll call someone to get you situated in your quarters and hope everything is up to your standards." said Alexsandr.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Hendrik was surprised to see the captain being such a relaxed guy. From all he'd heard of him, Hendrik had resigned himself to it that he probably wouldn't like him, thus he was pleasantly surprised.

He wasn't sure whether he should salute, but experience had taught him to follow his instincts. The captain seemed down-to-earth, so he decided to mirror his relaxed manner.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, captain. 'Hendrik' is fine. People only use my surname when I've pissed them off. As for my room, if it has a bed and a bathroom, we're good. I've been stationed all over Wintreath, and never in any place as grand as aboard the Hughie."
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    "The Hughie?" said Alexsandr confused. It took a few seconds to realize what he said. "Oh, I see."

"Anyways, Lets hope you don't piss anyone off then! Except for maybe any life forms we encounter out here. Your quarters are equipped with a bed, bathroom, and a computer to record daily logs or any other information you would like to record. Its good to have you in my crew though. We still await the others so take your time to explore my vessel." said Alexsandr.

"I'll be at the bridge if you need me. I need to familiarize myself in how this vessel works."
    Commander_Zemas
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Aaban flew up to the USS Wintreath in a ship. A real space ship! He had read about it, he had even seen a few go up, but never in a million years did he think he would ever have had the privilege to. But the day was only going to get better from here, right? He was going to one of the largest ships ever constructed! He might never see Wintreath again, but who cares! Wintreath has that blighted hell hole called Crushita that with all luck he will never have to endure again! Oh happy days!

Finally getting on the ship (And over the sheer amount of awe) he paged the bridge, assuming the captain was there, after all, where else would he be?

"Hello! Is the captain there? This is Aaban Amer reporting for duty!"
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Alexsandr turned around after he heard Aaban's somewhat loud introduction.

"Greetings! You must be our scientist. How odd that you come sooner than others even though you were recruited the most recent... Anyways, welcome aboard. One of the crew will show you to your quarters and then the Science Labs. Please note anything you need before we leave this system!"
    Commander_Zemas
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • "I was to say, rather rushed. I enlisted after coming home to find my home was now a smoking hole in the ground, though at least nobody was hurt. If your offering, I could use some clothes!"
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Other Regions
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    "There should be some clothes in your quarters. I guess this vessel will be all our new homes now. And sorry to hear about your homeland."
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Hendrik had heard about the new scientist from some disgruntled crewmen in the bar, and decided that he would go and introduce himself immediately.

His exploration had taken him all across the ship, and it was magnificent. He had uploaded a ship mapping software to his watch, as any pilot worth his salt would need to be aware of the status of the ship at all times. Thus he knew where the new scientist's room would be, and made his way there. At present, no one was there, so he decided to wait.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Meanwhile,  Alexsandr was looking at the ship controls and what it could do. Even though the vessel was for exploration, it had an impressive set of weapons. It appeared that the ship was more like a Battlecruiser class. It had a set of evasive techniques it could use and had powerful shields. It also had a short "jump" technology that it could use, but it was still in development and a prototype.

"It seems the government expects us to face enemies out here." the Captain muttered to himself.

Next, he checked  the starmap in the center of the bridge. It had locations of nearby systems, but it would seem we would have to record systems onwards from those. It was a very nice piece of technology to have though.
    Commander_Zemas
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • It had taken a while for Aaban to get to his quarters(He couldn't stop looking at everything! It was all so magnificent!), the crewman instructed to show him to his room looked unimpressed to say the least. He was rather surprised to see someone there though!

"Hello! Wow! Is that one of those new watches I've heard so much about? That looks amazing!"
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Other Regions
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • "It is, indeed. Here," he said as he removed the watch from his wrist, "you can look at it if you want. My name is Hendrik. It's good to meet you."
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:01:42 PM by Laurentus »
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    After doing a short review of the USS Wintreath's capabilities, the Captain retreated to the Lounge.

When he arrived there, the Captain was suprised to see how grand the Lounge was. It included a bar, a cafeteria and several entertainment objects.

"They sure gave a lot of luxury to this ship. I guess it will be all we have in the isolation of space." he wondered aloud. He settled in and ordered some borscht. He watched the last news of Wintreath he would ever see.
    Commander_Zemas

Pages: [1] 2 ... 21