He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Olivia
  • Albion's Knight Foreign
  • Albion's Gaming Tournament, August 2015

Click for higher Resolution.

What's this? A Tournament? You heard that right! There's going to be a Tournament for Gaming, and anyone's welcome to join! The schedule is right there, starting on August the 29th and running until and after September the 13th. There will be prizes for certain games, which range from unique Elite:Dangerous skins to Beta Codes for Total War: Arena. Join in! And, check out the details below!

If you're keen to join, add the username 'bert862' on Steam, or add bert.kk.callens on Skype!

I've got no money / no games / my computer is terrible! What can I do?
    That's absolutely fine. We've made sure to include games that are free and either downloadable or online (in a web browser).

I want to win! Which games have prizes?
    • Civ 5 will have 1 Winner, for whomever achieves a victory first. The Competitive game will be played on Sunday the 6th of September, at 12AM GMT.
    • Guns Of Icarus will have 1 Team Winner, for a random ship on the winning Team. Cooperative play will net bonus points! The Competitive Game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 4PM GMT.
    • Don't Starve will have 1 Winner - Whomever doesn't starve last. ;) The Competitive game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 8PM GMT.
    • League Of Legends will have 3 winners - Teams need to let me know who's with who beforehand, and Competitive dates will be arranged.
    • Dota 2 will have 3 winners - Teams need to let me know who's with who beforehand, and Competitive dates will be arranged.
    • Team Fortress 2 will have 2 winners - those with the most kills at the end of a half an hour. The Competitive Game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 11PM GMT.
    • Go will have 1 Winner. The Competitive Tournament will be paced throughout the entire Tournament - for those who're interested in playing competitively, let me know through Steam or Skype.
    • Cards Against Humanity will have 1 Winner. The Competitive game will be played on Saturday the 29th of August, at 6PM GMT.
    • Elite: Dangerous will meet up on Saturday the 5th of September, at 2PM GMT. Those interested in winning a Unique Cobra Skin should arrive in an Eagle at Sagittarius A* Almad. Be ready for dogfighting! (Haha, not going to make you go to Sag A, not really. ;) )
    • Tiny tanks will have 1 Winner, and the competitive game with be on the 3rd of September, at 9PM GMT.
    • Portal 2 will have 2 Winners, for whomever completes the first level of coop the quickest. Videos can be submitted at any time during the two weeks!
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown will have 1 Winner - The smartest commander. Anyone who'd like to compete, send me a message! The competitive games will be held on Tuesday the 1st, 9PM GMT.
    • Altitude wil have two winners, for the MVP of both teams. The competitive game will be played on
    • Planetary Annihalation will have a single winner, whomever survives the last. The competitive game will be played on Sunday the 13th of September, at 6PM GMT.
    Which Games are Free?
    Free Games:
    • Town Of Salem, which is online!
    • League Of Legends, We'll be using either the EUW Servers. Teams are 3 people.
    • Dota 2, Teams are 3 people.
    • Team Fortress 2, Teams are any number of people.
    • Go, Online! a board game that's found a setting in Euro. Look below for more details!
    • Cards against Humanity, Online.
    • Tiny Tanks, another online game from Euro!
    • Altitude, a personal favourite. Check below for Details!
    Town Of Salem
    Link to Game.

Town of Salem is a browser-based game that challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The game ranges from 7 to 15 players. These players are randomly divided into alignments - Town, Mafia, Serial Killers, Arsonists and Neutrals. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Mafia and other villains before they kill you. The catch? You don't know who is a Town member and who is a villain. If you are an evil role, such as a Serial Killer, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught.
    Civilisation 5
    Civ 5 On Steam!

It's a turn-based strategy game based around building up a selected society into a world power. In the Gaming Tournament, we'll have any number of players and whomever wins first will end the round! Depending on time, we may or may not play longer. For anyone who's into strategy, it's a great game.
    Guns Of Icarus
    Steam Link!

Being stuck on an airship with a skeleton crew of strangers tasked with keeping it from being blown out of the sky makes Guns of Icarus Online one of the most thrilling multiplayer co-op experiences and also the most aggravating. On deck, everyone has a role to fill: someone has to steer the hulking bird, man its guns, and make repairs when things catch fire and go to hell. If anyone slacks off or performs their duties haphazardly, everyone dies. But despite some glitches and the occasional frustrations of wrangling inconsistent crewmates, there's a certain undeniable satisfaction that comes from surviving an intense battle with your ship held together by duct tape and chicken wire.

In the Tournament, we'll have teams of 4 people per ship (Or less, if you want to risk using the AI!) and we'll balance teams at the time of gaming.
    Don't Starve (Together!)
    Steam Link!

Don’t Starve Together is the sort of stern instruction that was once delivered by frowning parents to their newly married offspring as they set out to find a partner for life. Or at least, that's what RPS says.
    League Of Legends
    Website!

Simple, 3 v 3 matches. Make yourself a team, and welcome, Summoner.
    Dota 2
    Steam Link!

"Dota 2 is simply a team game – a battle to destroy the other side’s ancient bonsai tree thing using a collection of weird and wonderful heroes and their combinations of skills.

It’s resistant to new players, particularly those relatively new to PC gaming. It’s also incredibly time consuming to dig into. You can spend hours on Reddit watching discussions about different item builds unfurl. But if you stick with it you’ll find an incredibly rewarding game accompanied by a hugely creative community (the people who make items and run events, obv – not the fools who instapick Pudge and whine about having no wards despite there being FOUR OF THE DAMN THINGS ON THE MAP THIS VERY MOMENT)." - Taken from RockPaperShotgun.
    Age Of Empires 3 & Age Of Mythology
    Steam Link for AOE 3 Steam Link for AOM

If you enjoy real time strategy games, enjoy managing an economy, epic large battles, and don't like excessive micromanaging then this is the game for you. It offers brilliant combat with amazing scenery. The unit mapping is rather brilliant and the variety of maps keeps you constantly wanting to play more. We'll be playing with as many people as we can get, in a Free for All on a random map!
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Steam Link!

I’d almost forgotten those moments. There’s only three of you still alive, the rescue helicopter is right there, in view, and you can’t move. One companion is pinned to the ground by a frenzied Hunter, another is barely alive, fallen from the path, trying to negotiate a route back, and you – you simply can’t move. There’s so many of the Infected surrounding you, pouring from over fences and climbing from a hole in the ground, swamping you, and no matter how many you kill more take their place. And the rescue boat is just there, you can almost touch it, and you can’t move. - Taken from RPS.
    Team Fortress 2
    Webpage! Steam Link!

"Because I am a warrior, from the very beginning, and I have returned.

Kill me and I will only gain the power of your strategy.

Become my nemesis and incur my wrath.

For when you least expect it…

I will slap you to death with a fish and spank myself over your corpse.

That is the way of the warrior."

TF2! Most Gamers should know this - it's a legendary game, with legendary backing. We'll be playing all v all, and may the best team win!
    Go!
    Online Link!

Go is an old Chinese board game, with simple rules but hard to master. Head over to the site and give it a shot, or ask someone from your region for help if you know others! If not, talk to me on Skype! I've got a few techniques to share.
    Cards Against Humanity
    Online Link (May not always work)!

Not even going to say what goes on in this game, but be warned - it's not for the faint hearted.
    Elite: Dangerous
    Steam Link!

I could talk for ages about this game. If you've got it, you'll know about the vastness of it, or what it even is. We'll hopefully meet up in Almad, maybe have a dogfight.
    Wargame: Airland Battle
    Steam Link!

"1985. After several months of tension between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, an incident in the North Sea suddenly sets the world on fire, starting an all-out war.
    Command the entire military resources of the period, and plunge into the heart of a new dynamic campaign! With the arrival of air forces, select from a phenomenal array of 750 units (including tanks, planes, helicopters, and infantry) to build your army. Engage in spectacular battles with unmatched strategic depth, on huge battlefields as large as 150km², powered by a new graphics engine." - Store Page
    Tiny Tanks
    Link!

Great game, not much to say. Try it!
    Portal 2
    Steam Link!

Test subjects are woken from their enforced comas every few years, medical reasons, and so it is that Chell is awoken in a run-down, faded, eroding room by the frantic knocking on the door. It’s Wheatley, one of GLaDOS’s former personality cores, desperate to get your attention. He’s to be your guide, an occasional companion as you explore the derelict remains of the testing facilities, now overgrown with plants.
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Steam Link!

It works. It better than works. XCOM is muscular, tense, thoughtful, mutable turn-based strategy with the dramatic, explosive presentation of a contemporary all-action game. Also, the environments get unavoidably trashed on a grand-scale, in a fashion all too rarely seen in either strategy or action games: these are true battlegrounds. No matter how well you do in a mission, you’ll leave a bombsite behind you. Frankly, you’re probably doing more harm than good to the world.
    Payday 2
    Steam Link!

"We were outside a jewellery store, on an easy mission plucked from the baffling server browser that I’ll be angry about in a bit. Owen was explaining how the heist would drop: he and Andy would take the back alley, kill the security guards and answer their pagers. I’d be out front with Emily, killing the two cops and taking out any the fleeing pedestrians who might report on us. Then we could grab the loot and escape.

Nothing could go wrong, apart from all the bits that went wrong.

But that’s the point." Taken from RPS!
    Planetary Annihalation
    Steam Link!

"Colonize solar systems, annihilate homeworlds, and exterminate your foes in epic interplanetary battles with multiple players and thousands of units. Planetary Annihilation takes strategy gaming to a never-before-seen scale -- and gives players powerful tools to control the action.

Blow up everything, anywhere; dominate with punishing spacecraft, robots, and other futuristic machines of war. Arm asteroids and send them on planet-destroying collision courses. And take over an entire galaxy in a dynamic single-player mode with procedurally generated content. Don’t just win, annihilate!" - Taken from Steam Store Page

So don't forget to contact Sir Bert, our Knight Interior (his details are above) should you wish to join the fun.

On behalf of the region, we look forward to seeing you on the gaming field!

Yours,

Albion
    Olivia
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Sorry for the delay in response...I've been really busy the last few days. It sounds like a very ambitious idea, and I hope that everything goes well...if it does, perhaps we could learn a thing or two about hosting large events. :)

Also interesting that our regional Civ V games are usually on Sundays, too...

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Possibly new civ buddies? :o
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Olivia
  • *Tardily, sheepishly and apologetically replies.*
    *Mumbles about Uni*

We have a few people who play Civ. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to play together. Sunday is an amazing day for gaming. :)

Olivia
    Wintermoot
  • That is true...but we recently moved our games to Saturday to accommodate some people's school and work schedules. I hope Saturday will be just as amazing for gaming. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Olivia

King: His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Charles Cerebella
    Queen: Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Lady MagentaFairy
    Prince: His Royal Highness, Lord Cassius

Chief Knight: Majestas
    Arch-Mage: His Highly Learned Magnificence, Lord Moly Calidan
    Knight of War and Lady High Constable: The Warbringer, Prince Christopher Bishop
    Knight Foreign: Her Scheming Excellency, Lady Olivia Calidan
    Knight Interior: Moolaha
    Knight Cultural: Evanei Riket
    Chief Bard: Sir Aedan Mac Riket

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

409,494 forum posts | | 565 Nations

Long May She Reign

If you were not already aware, Albion now sees a Queen sitting upon the throne alongside King Charles. This Queen is none other than Clarissa MagentaFairy. A rise the King and the people of Albion rejoiced.

In the beginning Queen Clarissa started her NationStates journey within the Interior department of The New Inquisition and soon becoming a successful culture minister.

“Culture has always been my favourite ministry. I've done it for TNI, Kantrias, LKE and many others.”

Kantrias was then where She took an interest in legislature. As her experience and confidence grew, She then went on to join legislative bodies in both Ainur and TNI.

Queen Clarissa also shares that her favourite part of NationStates for a long while was being a part of the military.

“My military experience started in TNI, where I learnt to raid, lead raids and delegate tasks. I moved up the ranks, finally ending my climb as Deputy General of UIAF before it was disbanded. In my NS lifetime I have visited and held citizenship to a lot of regions in the past. I've been an active ambassador for a few regions to other regions. Often I would pick up small jobs like recruiter, as a way of being useful to regions.”

Queen Clarissa was amongst the few still remaining who participated in the founding of Albion itself, and Albion is where she has been since.

“After assisting with the founding of Albion, I became the Archduchess of Shalefields and sat on the Grand Council. I've been the Lady Commander, leader of the Royal Albion Legion, and I also served as Crown Princess under King Charles until he asked me to be Queen alongside him.”

In closing She expresses,

“If I look back on my journey through NationStates, I've loved meeting all of those I have as well as talking to the friends I have made along the way. I am also extremely humbled to have been entrusted with the role I have as Queen of Albion and I look forward to helping guide our future.”

Albion passes the 400,000 post mark!

The Heralds hark while the minstrels sing, or so say those who continue to celebrate this momentous achievement. How are they celebrating you may ask? By posting more, of course!

We appreciate and thanks every diplomat, member, visitor and citizen who has helped our forums procure this golden number. Albion eagerly (and mercilessly) looks forward to the journey toward 500,000.

On a scale of North Korea to America, how free are you tonight?

The political train of the Chief Knight Elections rolled round as candidates dragged themselves from the pubs to address the city streets with their hopes and promises should they be elected. This election we saw Majestas taking the reigns and diving in head first.For her team this term she has chosen Moolaha as her Knight Interior, Evanei Riket for Knight Cultural and Sir Aedan is back in the helm as Chief Bard.

The City of Brightwall and their carousing over the past months has seen several turnovers of leadership. Rumour has it spiked mead is to blame for the fall of officials. Nonetheless, the Lady Aynia of Whitespire showed no fear as she took her seat as Mayor. The cities of Silverpine and Shalefields, however, remain stable.

Why are zombies easier to get into character for than skeletons?

..because they are more fleshed out.

As always, Albion’s Role Play community continues to thrive. The imagination of her people never stops even during the times that are most quiet. Albion’s core role play “Albion of Today” received a clean slate seeing all previous stories moved to the archives. Citizens wishing to partake now explore to uncover the map and perhaps find themselves a new home.

The Crucible, Albion’s role play hub may have seen one or two role plays be tucked away into the archives (may they rest peacefully), however, new ones have emerged to make their mark. The first of these we write about is called Deep Blu. Set in the year 2101, approximately fifty years after an asteroid struck the Earth and devastated the world, rendering the surface uninhabitable. Deep Blu takes place within the Mariana Trench in an underwater metropolis of the same name which started life as a state-of-the-art deep sea laboratory, constant warring between nation states and a lack of initial concern meant warnings from astronomers over the potential of an impact resulted in the world being ill-prepared for the encroaching space rock, with no other feasible recourse humanity scrambled to find a way to ensure it's own survival, many dug deep, heading as far underground as possible, whilst others looked to the oceans, building deep sea cities to ensure their survival, Deep Blu was one of the resultant settlements, the lab being hastily expanded upon, to harbour and sustain a significant population as the world above burned.

Next, The Crucible introduces Empires Under the Sun. A nation based role play set at the end of 1945 in an alternate world called Victoria. Unlike other nation based role plays, Empires Under the Sun allows players to create non-human races for their nations.While stories and plot lines may be sparingly introduced, this role-play itself has no set direction and thus, it is up to the players to decide on where their world goes.

Lastly, The Crucible introduces the Final Frontier. An adventure through the wild west, where one is to choose an alignment of either the good, the bad or the ugly from within one of three regions: the South west, the Northwest or Mexico. The adventure begins when players create their own character as well as the Frontier town from which they hail. Giddy-Up!

Which soldiers are good at killing knights?
    ...The off-a-sirs!

Prince Christopher Bishop, Prince of Ravenscar took over as Lord High Constable of the Royal Albion Legion (RAL) replacing Lord Seven Deaths, Count of Arcadia. Seven Deaths took over during the intermediate period between Christopher Bishop and Fleur de Mal helping keeping active and morale up. Christopher Bishop had experience commanding armed forces and was convincing choice for taking over the RAL.

The RAL assisted on many operations with the most recent operation supporting our allies the Land of Kings and Emperors with their deployment in the region of Belgium. The operation in Belgium showed a large number from many regions claiming closer to 88 endorsements. The RAL lend support to Europeia another ally of Albion in their deployment in Anarchy and as well the Black Hawks in their deployment in Middle Earth, which cannot get enough Albion intervention.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.
    ...truths, half truths, or blatant lies.... you pick.

Rumour has it the King is to marry. The servants of Fairfax have began a betting pool to see which of their children drowns the other first.

The City of Bowerstone has seen a shortage of pretzels and peanut butter. .Authorities are currently investigating the Saxton family after one too many were seen staggering around the docks.

A Foreign Policy? No way -- I mean, wait --- really?

The Mages have been cooped up in their towers for weeks now, it seems none of them can figure out what happens when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question.

Albion recently acquired Machiavelli as a citizen; the people are terrified of what Queen Fairy may learn from him…

Forks: those wonderful new fangled dingle hoppers

Yours,

Albion
    Olivia
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the update! Not that I ever suspected that Albion was inactive, but it's good to hear news of its activity and goings-on regardless. 400,000 posts is a major milestone for any forum...congratulations. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Olivia
  • *super belated thank you.*

And now...

Olivia
    Bert
  • Village Drifter
  • Citizens, Guests, Buttery Nibblets All,

I wish to announce that a festival starting next week for citizens of Albion as well as our visitors!

Do you like scavenging, forging, and crafting? Do you like building structures and shaping your environment? Do you have a distaste for dirty dirty creepers? Then please join Bert and Freddie and the many citizens on Thursday the 23rd for Albion's latest, greatest, and most sensational undertaking!

(Thank you Evanei for making this image)
    The Server IP is 84.30.185.196 and will be up on Wednesday the 22nd 10PM GMT.

Schedule:

Day 1 (23rd, Thursday): Welcome Day! We're going to focus on just making sure inter-regional guests have made it into the region, greet everybody, have some interaction threads, etc.

Day 2 (24th): THE COMPETITION BEGINS! Day 1 will be the Crafting Competition! People will log on to our server during a set period of time and whoever can create the most different items will win! This one will be set in Survival Mode so you have to actually go get materials and find stuff. At the end of the time, or when you need to log off, please deposit all of your items in a chest or as many chests as you need with your name next to it and provide Bert with the coordinates.

Day 3 (25th): THE HUNGER GAMES! Bert will have a preloaded arena map on the server filled with weapons! IT SHALL BE THE ULTIMATE BLOODSPORT. As in the actual Hunger Games, the last man standing will win! This will be in Adventure Mode.

Day 3 (26th): Mini Games! Bert has a collection of mini-game competitions to inflict...um, experiment with...uh, challenge our competitors with!  >:D

Day 4 (27th): Mob Kills! During a set period of time, the person with the most mob kills will win! We will have a kill counter incorporated into the map. This will be Survival mode so you will need to craft/make your own weapons and whatnot.

Day 5 (28th): Structures! Can you build the grandest, most creative structure in all Albion? This day will be in Creative mode so that people can really get out and shine! Also, all structures should be medieval or fantasy themed to match the region.

Day 6: (29th) Closing and Awards! Can you become Grand Champion?

Competitions will start at 4 pm EST/9pm GMT each day as Bert and Freddie decided that was the most fair for our users in both the US and Europe. Events will be graded on points: 20 for 1st, 15 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd, and 5 for participating. There will be event ribbons as well as a grand champion set! Each event will also have a bonus ribbon that will be announced that day as a surprise  ::) ::)

In addition to spam and general interaction, we have a creative writing opportunity. Freddie wants each competition to be framed by a Newscaster group! If you like writing, satire or just general creative writing, please sign up to be a journalist for the Freddie. We can have multiple and journalists can work together or do independent editorials. I'm looking forward to this part the best  8)

So please come join us at the Minecraft Tournament Festival!

Below is Freddie's face :flail:
    1 person likes this post: Caddy
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:25:22 AM by Bert »
    Bert
    • Village Drifter
    • Representing
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the invitation! :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Caddy
  • Former Citizen
  • Divine Shepherd

• The Return of the Departure of the King by Seven Deaths (for related reading)
    The sound of her footsteps bounced to and fro off the stone castle walls as she made her way to the tallest tower of Fairfax Castle. The Queen’s heart raced with something that was a mixture of excitement and worry. For as long as anyone can remember the tower in questions, colloquially known as the King’s Respite, had been off-limits to everyone save the King himself. Not even the castle staff were allowed up there to clean for fear they’d mess with the ‘magic of the room’ as King Charles had put it. When he disappeared and Christopher was King for a short time, the room had locked itself from within, impervious to many a mage’s attempts to gain entry, which gave rise to the rumor that Charles had locked himself within for some unknown reason.

All these thoughts swirled in Clarissa’s head as she ascended the stairs at a run, pulling up on her dress so as not to trip herself, for if Charles was summoning her now, to this room, there had to be some reason.

She feared the worst.

Finally, the door was before her and it appeared so...ordinary. Made of some rough cut wood from the forests that lay nearby, the door held none of the sophistication that should have marked a room of such import. There was no ornate carvings, no gloss or gleam, it hadn’t even been sanded down. She felt as if she could get a splinter just looking at it. This was a peasant’s door. She took a deep breath and knocked loudly.

“Come in.” Her hand found the handle of the door easily enough, but her heart stopped beating temporarily, as she pushed the door open, not sure what to expect. What she found wasn’t what she expected. It was small, much too small to be the fabled King’s Respite. One of the most widely spread rumors was that when SD was Arch-Mage, he mixed magic with Time Lord science to expand the room, making it larger on the inside. Some even said that the tower held an entire universe inside. This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Every inch of wall space was covered with shelving and those shelvings were crammed full with books. Old and new, large and small, some written in other languages, some in their native tongue, but it seemed improbable that one person could own this many books. Charles sat in the middle of the literary chaos at a desk that looked ready to fall apart, pouring over books. Pages upon pages of notes, scribbled in his hasty scrawl lay strewn everywhere in what Clarissa could only assume constituted an organized chaos. He looked up from his notetaking and spoke.

“Clarissa.” He said formally, before smiling. The smile softened his face, removed the King from him and replaced it with friend; father. Charles was never a malevolent ruler, but he could be stern when he needed to be and sometimes his face wore it like a hat, no where else to put it, but easily tossed aside. “Claire.” He stood from the desk and came around the side, careful not to knock over any book or loose parchment, and embraced her. “I’m glad you’re here. How was the honeymoon?”

“It was beautiful, thank you. Currently, we’re arguing about whether to make our summer home at Shalefields or Arcadia.”

“Ahh, the squabbles of newlyweds. When I married your fathers, we had twice as many homes to choose from and it was a nightmare to sort out. Consider yourself lucky you only have one husband.” He smiled and gestured for her to follow him. There was a break in the wall that led to a small balcony that overlooked the whole of Bowerstone. From their vantage point, you could see the cogs turning down below as merchants sold their goods, townsfolk ate and laughed and worked, cats chased rats down alleys, dogs begged for scraps at the butchers, everything in Bowerstone had it’s place and kept the wheel moving.

“Father?” Clarissa has a tone of worry in her voice that was hard to hide. “Why did you summon me up here? Especially now, after all this time?”

“I didn’t summon you, my dear. I invited you as my equal. I’m leaving.”

“Leaving?” Her tone suggested the incredulousness of his declaration.

“Do you know why I decided to build Fairfax Castle on this hill?”

Clarissa thought about this for a moment. “Because the hill gave us a better advantage against any who might try to take the castle.”

Charles chuckled. “No, child. It was a long time ago when our small party landed on the shores of Albion, but to me it seems like yesterday. We crested the hill this castle was built on and I looked across at all the open land and do you know what I saw? I didn’t see the planes or the marshes that used to be there. I saw this.”

He gestured out at the city now, bustling away unaware that their King was looking down on them, smiling gleefully. “I saw the potential and the future that we could have and though I am King, most of the credit isn’t mine and nor is it yours. It’s theirs.” Once more, he gestured to the city. “Albion has been lucky to have the best of souls leading her, but we are nothing without the folk down there. That’s why the King’s Respite is so ordinary. It keeps me grounded in reality and after I am gone, I’d like you to keep that in mind as you redecorate.”

“But you haven’t said why you’re leaving…”

“We all have a destiny, out there waiting for us, but if we sit cooped up in our tall towers all day, it’ll never find us. I love Albion. I cherish her, the people I’ve met and all the memories it’s given me. I’ll hold all of it in my heart for the rest of my life, but I have another love filling my heart. History. I intend to delve into the scholarly arts, but I can’t do that with a Kingdom to run, so I’m leaving my Kingdom with the person I trust most in this world. You.”

“So, just like that, you’re leaving us so you can study history?” She seemed more hurt than angry, but her tone just didn’t come out right.

“There’s more to life than this. Staying tethered here… I’m standing still when I should be running towards the future with nothing more than my books and the knowledge that everything I’ve built behind me is safe. You’ll do that for me, won’t you? You’ll keep Albion safe for me while I’m gone?”

Clarissa broke slightly, a tear forming in her eye and running down her cheek. “Of course, father.” She smiled and turned to look at the city. The shops were closing and people were beginning to turn in for the night as the setting sun signaled the end to another day. They were her people now. Not to rule over, but to protect and inspire for years to come. “How do I know if I’m ready to lead alone?” Silence met her words so she turned and was faced only with an empty room. The rickety old desk, the walls of books, all of it was gone. The only thing that remained in the entire tower was a piece of parchment paper. She picked it up and written on it was a single word in her father’s heavy scrawl.

“Faith.”

It is with heavy heart that I make this official. Our beloved King Charles Cerebella has decided not to return to NationStates and Albion. Originally he went on a leave to complete his PhD, however now he feels that he shouldn't and can't return. He wants everyone to know that he says hello and thinks about us all. Any announcement of mine wouldn't be complete without a little emotional rollercoaster. Charles Cerebella has been one of my closest friends, greatest mentor and dedicated teachers. He was patient and kind. A true leader who inspired people to discover their strengths and work around their weaknesses. The loyalty and love he felt for Albion has always been genuine. Working tirelessly, he ensured we survived and thrived.

With his leaving, I become the sole monarch of Albion. Of course I still have the wonderful support from you all, so I'm not alone in taking care of the region. I've always adored this region and the people in it. I'd like to give a big thank you to SD for writing the wonderful and emotional story. I still tear up reading it. The word 'faith' has a whole new meaning to it.

As we mourn his leaving, remember and celebrate his hard work. Let's make Albion thrive, just like Cere did for us.

Snowflakes? Snowflakes.
    Caddy
    • Divine Shepherd
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    beautifulthing
  • Former Citizen
  • King of Wishful Thinking, RPGuild Layman, Recruiting Guild
  • King Erik of Beautifulthing brings a tribute of condolences to the people of Albion.  The offer to have a statue erect there in his honor.

"We are deeply sorry for your loss," Erik says head bowed.
    beautifulthing
    • King of Wishful Thinking, RPGuild Layman, Recruiting Guild
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Apparently I've been away from Albion for too long, I didn't realize he'd even left.  Charles was a pretty cool guy though, so when I do get back on there, I'll miss seeing him post around.  D:
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Caddy
  • Former Citizen
  • Divine Shepherd
  • Apparently I've been away from Albion for too long, I didn't realize he'd even left.  Charles was a pretty cool guy though, so when I do get back on there, I'll miss seeing him post around.  D:

I'm sure Fairy will continue to keep Albion great again! ;)
    1 person likes this post: Michi

Snowflakes? Snowflakes.
    Caddy
    • Divine Shepherd
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 3