Pages: [1]

Interesting Facts About Ourselves

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This is an obvious icebreaker. :P

Since friendship is such a large part of this festival, I thought it would be awesome if we got to know each other a bit better, through an icebreaker! The way this works is that you reveal something interesting about yourself while responding to the post above yours in some meaningful manner...maybe you share this interesting thing with them, or want to know more about it, or just think it's cool.

We tried this during our festival with The North Pacific, and it was very popular and led to a lot of great discussion about each other and the things we're into. I hope that it's as successful this time around! As with last time, I will start us off. :)

I experience autonomous sensory meridian response quite often...sometimes several times a day. Nobody's sure why people who have it have it, but it's often called a brain orgasm, and I would say that's accurate...just something that starts at the back of your head or spine and travels down your back and throughout your body if it's powerful enough. It's an incredible feeling that leaves goosebumps...I'd say as good as an orgasm, really.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Queen of Love and Beauty
    I experience autonomous sensory meridian response quite often...sometimes several times a day. Nobody's sure why people who have it have it, but it's often called a brain orgasm, and I would say that's accurate...just something that starts at the back of your head or spine and travels down your back and throughout your body if it's powerful enough. It's an incredible feeling that leaves goosebumps...I'd say as good as an orgasm, really.

What triggers your ASMR? I've tried all the triggers I can find and I am convinced I don't have it.. =(. I hear it's a similar sensation to those head tickler devices with the wired, like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Held-Scalp-Head-Massager/dp/B003NTELC8
    Would you say that's accurate? You'd have to have used one of those before to know. I'm interested enough to buy you one.

Something interesting about me.. I love board games. By and large people, including myself for a time, have failed to notice that as video games and such have become higher quality, more complex, and more dynamic so have board games. Card games too! This crowd might be a teensy bit more familiar with the concept on average, but sitting down with some friends, a couple of pints, and a good board game is one of the most fun things you can do, in my opinion!
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:24:45 AM by Evelynx »
    Evelynx
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Certain sounds and the touch of certain things, although something that may trigger it one time may not another. It's very random for me, and I very rarely succeed in triggering it intentionally...when I do it's pretty weak. It started when I was a child, in the mornings when my mom would do my hair and the feeling of the comb on the back of my head/neck would trigger it...then I largely forgot about it growing up, until I had my illness a few years back and for some reason it kicked into high gear...

Do you play Settlers of Catan? We tried to get a regional game going of that with an online version a few years ago, but unfortunately it wasn't very successful...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Certain sounds and the touch of certain things, although something that may trigger it one time may not another. It's very random for me, and I very rarely succeed in triggering it intentionally...when I do it's pretty weak. It started when I was a child, in the mornings when my mom would do my hair and the feeling of the comb on the back of my head/neck would trigger it...then I largely forgot about it growing up, until I had my illness a few years back and for some reason it kicked into high gear...

Do you play Settlers of Catan? We tried to get a regional game going of that with an online version a few years ago, but unfortunately it wasn't very successful...

Yeah, I've always wondered was ASMR felt like, and the phenomenon's very existence fascinates me. It's like.. why? What makes that happen? it's so strange.

I've played Settlers of Catan, but it isn't my favorite, though it is pretty fun. Many of the board games wouldn't have online versions. One of my favorites is a game called Catacombs, but no one IRL will play it with me because they have poor manual dexterity. A board game I bought recently was Survive! Escape From Atlantis. Basically you put little dudes on an island, and boats around the island. Then you take turns moving the people and boats around. But every turn the island dissolves one more tile, and a shark or whale can be revealed. All the while, the sea serpents prowl the seas looking for prey.
    Evelynx
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • You have ASMR? That's odd, I occasionally suffer from coital cephalgia when I masturbate.

As for board games, I always liked the idea but never had the friends to play them.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • xD Glad to see you're such an open person...I like that. :P

I had an ex that would get that, but I think in his case it was because he was very obese...probably had high blood pressure to begin with. Even then it was very rare though...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • xD Glad to see you're such an open person...I like that. :P

I had an ex that would get that, but I think in his case it was because he was very obese...probably had high blood pressure to begin with. Even then it was very rare though...

Oh, its nothing like that for me. I was dropped as a baby and ever since have been suffering from certain brain problems, that is just one of a few.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • What other kind of brain problems, if you don't mind me asking.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • What other kind of brain problems, if you don't mind me asking.

Headaches and the like, nothing to serious, I dont have blackouts and wake up caked in blood :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Haha...well, I'm glad for that. :D

We should seriously find a board game to do online...if that's something people are into...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Haha...well, I'm glad for that. :D

We should seriously find a board game to do online...if that's something people are into...

Sure sounds like fun!
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot