Pages: [1]

Frozen Realm Travel Agency

PB
  • Paragons

• Frozen Realm Travel Agency - Frostlake Office

"Hi, welcome to the Frozen Realm Travel Agency!  You're in the region for the festival and want to see the continent while you're here?  Well, have I got a deal for you!  We're offering a FREE 10-stop tour of Wintreath's 10 most popular travel destinations.  You can read about all of our stops in our brochure, but we've hand-picked the 10 most visited and most exciting for this trip.  The best part - It's completely free!  I just need to you sign this liability waiver and we can be off!  What do you say?  Up for an adventure?"

Wintreath Scavenger Hunt Rules
    Welcome to the Wintreath scavenger hunt!  Your travel guide (yours truly) will post a description of a location found in your travel brochure (AKA, "Oh the Places You'll Go in Wintreath" thread), and you'll have to guess where you're going. The first person to correctly guess the location will receive 3 points.  Everyone correctly guessing after that will receive 1 points.  After the first correct guess, your travel guide will post the next clue.  There are a total of 10 clues, meaning you can earn up to 30 POINTS!  There are a few rules though.

1.  Please, try to refrain from using the "search" function (either on this website or your browser) to speed up your scavenging.  I really can't enforce this, but the game will be a lot more fun if you take the time and learn about all the super cool content in that thread. 

2.  All descriptions will be spoiler'd, and I ask that you please put your guesses in spoilers or PM them to me.  Everyone goes at their own pace, so let's keep it fun for all. 

3.  ANY location in the thread is possible, even ones submitted by former nations or citizens.  Everything you need will be in this thread and the "Places You'll Go" thread.

4.  Most importantly, HAVE FUN!  If several people are stuck on a clue, I may provide a hint.  But don't count on it.  DO count on having a good time.  Thanks for playing, and enjoy the festival!

"If you have everything you need, we'll depart first thing tomorrow morning!  Thanks for visiting the Frozen Realm Travel Agency!"
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:52:01 PM by Point Breeze »
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • You groggily make your way to the travel office where the trip is set to start.  Who decided it was a good idea that stuff should start in the morning anyway?  You arrive and mingle with the other tourists until the excitable travel guide steps up on a box and aims a megaphone at your face.

"WELCOME BACK EV-- oh geez, sorry about that.  Welcome back everyone!  How were the hotels?  Don't answer that, I know they're all excellent.  I hope we're all ready for a few days of excitement and adventure!  Does everyone have their booklets?  Wait, you don't have booklets?  JERMAINE, WHERE ARE THE BOOKLETS??"

A terrified intern distributes a small book to everyone.  He expression mimics those of veterans of heavy combat and war.  The cover reads:  "An Explorer's Guide to Wintreath, for the Experienced Adventurer."

"Now then, I'd like everyone to board the bus and start reading about our first stop!"

As you settle into your seat, you open the booklet and begin reading:

Clue #1
    We'll start in the capital of the region, the City of Frostlake.  The entire city is massive, so I'll only task you to find one district.  Lovingly termed "The hipster capital of Wintreath," passing though this newly developed area will expose you to a wealth of intellectuals, artisans, and philosophers ready to solve the world's problems over a cup of coffee (or a few pints of a stronger beverage).
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Congrats to @Evelynx, who correctly guessed:

Answer to Clue #1
    Farnhel District

She'll be awarded 3 whopping points.  Here's your next destination:

Clue #2
    Our next stop is only a short ferry ride away from the capital. This city's unique geography gives it some of the best views of the Wintrean heartland you can find. If nature really isn't your thing, there's also an impressive cultural area to explore, home to two of Wintreath's most important and influential families. Don't let the industrial and rugged appearance fool you - this is a warm, friendly, and welcoming center of culture and industry. 
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:17:28 PM by Point Breeze »
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • @HannahB chimes in with the correct answer for Clue #2, which is:

Answer for Clue #2
    Hammerfell

Clue #3 awaits below...

Clue #3
    This stop isn't actually a "stop," but this piece of Wintrean industry is so important, it deserves to be included in this list. Since travel is usually slow-going between the heartland and your next destination, you'll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy your comfortable cabin. Trips can last over three months, but it's SUMMER, so you'll transition from bustling city center to middle-of-nowhere in no time!
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Evelynx takes the first answer again!  The answer is:

Answer for Clue #3
    Glaciermount Trans-Regional Railway

Here's your next destination:

Clue #4
    Stepping off the train, you'll immediately be ferried onto another uniquely Wintrean form of transportation.  Upon your arrival, and assuming you make it through the military checkpoints, you'll find yourself surrounded by historical and architectural beauty.  This massive installation is too big to completely explore (not like they'd let you, anyway), but we recommend the library, overlook tower, and mosaic hall as especially good selfie spots. 
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Moving right along.

Answer for Clue #4
    N'al Reissvelt Castle

And after this, you'll be halfway through your adventure!

Clue #5
       Next stop on the tour is one of Wintreath's oldest and most historic locations...though it might not be the most welcoming...   We hope that your visit is brief, but it's not always up to you if you find yourself here, is it?  If you're a fan of the supernatural, then we suggest saving this stop until night has fallen so you can meet the founder of this historic institution yourself!
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • And @Saphhiron chimes in with the correct guess!

Answer for Clue #5
    Algorah Prison

And #6...

Clue #6
    Leaving that god-awful place, we'll take a leisurely stroll through the southern forests of Wintreath.  Leisurely, that is, until you begin the climb up to our next stop.  Oh, did I mention that the trip there and back takes six days and must be done entirely on foot?  I didn't?  Well, anyway, once you reach your destination you'll be treated to amazing hospitality from some of Wintreath's most well-behaved citizens. 
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]