• Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Arcticanavia
  • Former Citizen
  • My system would be around the same:

The monarch would be unelected and wield veto power but not be able to exercise absolute authority. They'd of course be able to propose new legislation to the legislative body.

The World Assembly delegate would be elected on a regular basis. Perhaps every six months?

The monarch would appoint the ministers of the various cabinet ministries for indefinite periods. When designing my own nations I usually have eight ministries: foreign, home, justice, defence, treasury, environment, welfare, and culture.

As for the legislative branch, I prefer an elected unicameral body with equal representation for each constituency. Elections would also be every six months or so.

Finally, for the judiciary branch there would be an unelected panel of x number of justices who would be appointed by the monarch, confirmed by the legislative body, serve indefinitely, and act to uphold the constitution and hear final appeals on various cases from lower courts.

But honestly, I could live with the current proposal.  :) The above is just my idea of how to run things.
    - The Free Land of Arcticanavia
    Arcticanavia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Charax
  • Paragons
  • Relic
  • I too would like an elected delegacy, but on a different system. I would rather an elected delegate serve indefinitely, until challenged by another citizen for the job.
    1 person likes this post: Arcticanavia
    Charax
    Paragon of the Realm
    Skrifa of the 40th Underhusen
    Former Prince & Jarl of Foreign Affairs
    Charax
    • Relic
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arcticanavia
  • Former Citizen
  • I too would like an elected delegacy, but on a different system. I would rather an elected delegate serve indefinitely, until challenged by another citizen for the job.

So much yes. Only problem is people would challenge the delegacy so often it'd get annoying to go through.
    Arcticanavia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • * Wintermoot smashes his foot on elected delegates.

Sorry guys. :(

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arcticanavia
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh well. I'm considering starting work on a draft constitution, but I'd need some exact specifics on how each facet of the government would run instead of just a hodge-podge of both sound and bad ideas floating around in a forum thread.  ;)
    Arcticanavia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Ever considered a tricameral system?

The first two Houses would be much like the American political system except without the fundamentally flawed electoral system. One is a large discussion body that proposes legislation, the second is a smaller revisionary body, still elected, that reviews the proposed legislature.

The third body would be a small, unelected chamber of Lords/Jarl's. They serve as the King's advisors, but have a duty to observe proceedings. This means they are the unofficial police-force of the tricameral system, but also ensures a reduction in the bi/tripartisan nature you get in bi/tricameral systems.
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Arcticanavia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ever considered a tricameral system?

The first two Houses would be much like the American political system except without the fundamentally flawed electoral system. One is a large discussion body that proposes legislation, the second is a smaller revisionary body, still elected, that reviews the proposed legislature.

The third body would be a small, unelected chamber of Lords/Jarls. They serve as the King's advisors, but have a duty to observe proceedings. This means they are the unofficial police-force of the tricameral system, but also ensures a reduction in the bi/tripartisan nature you get in bi/tricameral systems.

That's really complicated...I daresay too much so for what is in the end a roleplaying game.
    Arcticanavia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • If we were to go with a fully elected legislature, I would prefer it be unicameral. I know from experience running a much larger region that even then it can be difficult to find enough people wanting to run for election, which makes for an inactive and slow legislature. I'm just not certain we would get enough people to fill two elected houses.

For that reason, I prefer Charax's system...the one where the Riksråd serves as the upper house of the legislature. In a way, it also allows for the same effect without requiring as many people to fill positions.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    kinxer
  • Former Citizen
  • I just read through all the posts, so some of my thoughts relate to things that (it appears) are no longer under discussion, but anyway...

I agree that unicameral legislation is the way to go, simply because of its feasibility in this framework. That said, I think that tricameral system would (if we were a quadruple-digit member group) be ideal.
    The titles in Norwegian were great. I understand why you switched to English for some of them, but abandoning them isn't necessary. For example, "Arving" (a direct translation of "heir") sounds really awesome.
    Lastly, in what situation would we require a judiciary body?
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:59:53 PM by kinxer »
    kinxer
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • In most regions, Judicial bodies interpret the Constitution and serve as jury for civil and criminal trails...civil trails may be in the event someone sues the government for not following the correct procedure, while criminal trails are usually brought by the government for some events...the biggest of which is treason.

In most regions it's the most inactive portion of the government, which is why I would like to see some changes to how it's structured on here.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Alright here are my ideas on the Judicial System.
    The Judicial System would review anything passed, and make sure it is constitutional, along with it's usual duties.

Also keep in mind that this assumes three judges, if there are more then adjust as necessary.
    However One would be selected by the King
    One would be Selected by the The Upper House
    One would be selected by the Lower House.

Should there be two judges then the Legislature needs to choose a judge.

In Order to remove a Judge, The motion needs to be started in the Lower House, when the Lower house votes on it(only needs the lower house to pass it), it goes to the king, if the kings accepts the Judge can be removed, however if he doesn't then it can be voted on with only the upper house needing to pass it, if it still isn't passed then the lower house can re-vote and if they get a unanimous vote then it succeeds. However should the king call for it, then it can skip the king step all together, and if the Upper house agrees on it, then if the king says no the judge can stay it also doesn't need to be voted on by the upper house, unless new people were appointed.

If there is anything someone would like to input then please to.

See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Libetarian Republics
  • Former Citizen
  • Consider this a bump since no one hasn't posted in two days :P once i get through the post, I'll submit my opinions.
    Libetarian Republics

Pages: 1 2 [3]