Pages: 1 [2] 3

International Northwestern Union

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Thank you for the update! Assuming that the treaty passes in INWU I'll introduce it to the Storting after the current elections. :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • "Attention, allies of the International Northwestern Union.

A most dramatic development of events has happened over the last week in the INWU. Due to divided opinions in the region on a variety of issues, a series of arguments erupted on the RMB. By the end of the afternoon a large fraction of the region's active nations had left in protest, forming the Hanover Republic. The acting delegate, Gatito, promptly resigned from his position, leaving the Chancellor Estradia in his place as the temporary delegate. Other government positions such as members of the judiciary have resigned as well. The game mods became involved in this incident some 2 days later, which resulted in Gatito and another member to be banned from posting for 3 days. Emergency elections are currently being held for the empty positions. The first of these confirmed that El Fiji Grande will be inaugurated for his third time as the World Assembly Delegate.

Because we have never had an event of such magnitude penetrate the deepest roots of our government, we believe that it is imperative to keep our allies in the know about what is going on here. If anything else noteworthy occurs, we will ensure that you are made aware of it."
    INWU Diplomat
    • Official Diplomat from the INWU
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for letting us know...this is concerning, but I hope that INWU weathers the crisis and continues to prosper. Please keep us informed, and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • Thanks for letting us know...this is concerning, but I hope that INWU weathers the crisis and continues to prosper. Please keep us informed, and let us know if we can be of any assistance.
    Another, more in-depth update will be posted within the next few days. This issue is not entirely resolved, but significant changes have occurred in the INWU for the better, and we believe the INWU will emerge into a golden age in the near future.
    Resume
    Wintreath: (2020)
    Citizen

The North Pacific (TNP): (2018-2020)
    Minister of Radio (x2)
    Delegate of The North Pacific
    Minister of Communications x2
    Member of the Executive Staff
    Forum Mentor
    TNP Ambassador to Independent Order
    TNP Ambassador to Taijitu

International Northwestern Union (INWU): (2014-2018)
    World Assembly Delegate x4
    Minister of Foreign Affairs x2
    Contributor to The NorthWest Star

Strategos Prime (SP): (2013-2014)
    Minister of Science and Technology
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

Skyholder Aerospace Inc (SAI): (2013)
    El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful

• International Northwestern Union

April Foreign Update

El Fiji Grande:
    I'd like to begin by saying that we as the International Northwestern Union are ecstatic that our regions have officially opened embassies. New or old, we're sure that our relations will be meaningful, mutually beneficial, and active. We thank you for your time and consideration, and hope the future is bright for both of our regions.

That said, allow me to begin the update. A lot has happened in the International Northwestern Union (INWU) lately.

In mid-late March, my current administration took office unexpectedly, following a chaotic and disastrous former delegacy. Due to extensive cultural problems, regional misunderstandings, and poor leadership in the old administration, a significant portion of active nations left to form another region: The Hanover Republic. This marked the second time in our regional history in which a split occurred. The INWU was conflicted and feeling down. I ran for office on the platform of putting the region back on its feet and pursue a remerge of our regions. I won the election overwhelmingly, putting me into office as delegate for the third (non-consecutive) time. I immediately worked to resolve the issues that led to the split, among which was regional culture. I also invested a nontrivial amount of time into improving our forums, foreign relations, and regional dignity.

In the first few weeks of my delegacy, I've been rather successful so far. Three of the six most active nations that left for The Hanover Republic have happily returned to the INWU. The region is booming, with incredibly activity and progress. We've transformed ourselves immensely in the last few weeks. We also wrote and passed an entirely new constitution due to the failings of the old by a large supermajority. The new constitution revised our legislature yet again. We changed from being a pure direct-democracy to creating something called the Regional Council. This is effectively still direct democracy; there is simply a clause which states that members need to be active, non-apathetic, and (hopefully) informed. Voting also occurs on the regional forums for efficiency and fraud protection rather than by employing the NS polling system.

Speaking more on the Regional Council (RC) system and the problems that have developed as a result, here is Othelos:

"Currently, due to a lack of wide participation when developing the constitution, a conflict has arisen about the balance of power between the branches. Because of low participation, the creators of the constitution (essentially Othelos with Estradia as editor) did not foresee that the Justices would be upset about not being able to vote in the newly formed Regional Council.

The Regional Council is structured so that only nations who have enough active interest can participate. The Judicial branch was designed to remain outside of it, to avoid the conflict of interest presented - that is, voting on legislation and then having to rule on its constitutionality. However, the two leading executives of the region, the World Assembly Delegate and the Chancellor, are permitted to have votes in the Regional Council, to ensure that citizens not in the Regional Council have elected representation.

What has emerged is a struggle between the Executive and Judicial branches over which should have power in the Regional Council. Unfortunately, due to the nature of how the government is structured, there is no clear solution to the issue. Since the Court is locked in this battle over power as well, it is impossible to ask for an objective opinion based on the constitution.

Essentially, at the moment, there is a constitutional crisis. Solutions have been presented, but it's quickly becoming clear that someone will lose out from this struggle unless we create an entirely new government."

Othelos was right when he predicted chaos and uncertainty. There was yet another conflict that threatened to push us back and cause further strife. Eventually, one side did lose out, but did so willingly to allow the region to move on. It wasn't much of a compromise - the result was to simply allow justices to vote in the regional council along with everyone else who met the basic requirements. A proposal was written and proposed in the regional council to that extent, and is currently on track to be passed within the next day or so.

We once had it that the region's government was deliberately small to increase efficiency and clarity. But this logic is definitely flawed, at least - or especially - on NationStates. In a reversal, we've quickly increased the number of government positions and opportunities for newer nations to get involved. It's still a fairly small group, but when combined with the Regional Council, in which anyone can participate if they stay active, the system works. Below is a chart made by Albiorix that displays our current government system:
    You may notice on the right-hand-side is the Regional Newspaper. This is an experimental initiative led by Savalen meant to boost interest in foreign affairs among our own members, and interest in our region from our foreign embassies. We shall see if it is any good when the first edition will be published in early April. We're currently using a tiered (multi-stage) polling process to determine a name for the paper. The three names that have made it to the semi-finals are: The NorthWest Star, The Compass, and The NorthWest News, each a reference to our region's name. The NorthWest Star is currently overwhelmingly in the lead, in part because of my explanation that it's nearly a pun on the North Star, which is why it carries symbolism, direction, and meaning, despite Othelos' comment that it sounds like a small rural Kansas newspaper.

Here's Savalen with his update on the progress of the regional newspaper:

"Hello everybody! I bring exciting news from the INWU – we will be publishing an all new newspaper! The newspaper has two primary aims: the first is to promote the INWU on the Inter-regional stage, the other is to strengthen the ties between us. We hope that you are as excited as we are for this news!
    Why am I putting this in the Regional Foreign Update you may ask? Well, this isn’t just a paper for the INWU, it’s a paper for everyone! Whether you are a small or massive, RP or serious region, we invite you to write up an article for the so far unnamed newspaper. We hope that this will prove to be a different and enjoyable way to collaborate with people from around NationStates!"

We've also been working on improving our regional flag. The Regional Council approved a proposal to create a new flag for our region, to replace the old, which is poor example of proper vexillology. Proposals are currently being submitted, but the one that everyone seems to love the most incorporates some of our old symbolism (like the justice/compass symbol at the top of this update). Voting for that will begin after the current regional newspaper name poll is concluded.

On the topic of roleplay, another facet of many great regions, each administration of the INWU has attempted (and failed) to start it up. I hope that my administration will be the one to change that. Tracian Empire - a veteran P2TM roleplayer - was elected to throw his hat into the ring to make roleplay more interesting and the people more interested.

"Alright, so, this is Tracian Empire here. As some of you might know, I am the current Minister of Roleplay of the International Northwestern Union.. During the emergency elections, I was elected as MoRP and ever since then, more or less, I’ve tried to do my best in order improve the roleplaying situation in the region. Unfortunately, from the very beginning, the INWU has suffered from a rather big roleplay apathy, with the only roleplay that managed to have a little success being the canon map roleplay, which has been plagued by countless problems and arguments, resulting in a poor roleplaying experience for everyone in the region. Fixing it has been and still is my main objective.
    Mainly, I tried to focus on rebooting the roleplaying activity by creating multiple roleplays, trying to make roleplays which would be interesting to the other members of the region, in accordance with the roleplay survey Fiji had started. Trying to target both P2TM and Regional Forum roleplays, I’ve mainly created character roleplays , centered around apocalyptic scenarios, and various nation roleplays, like a medieval nation roleplay currently in its signup stage, and a sci-fi roleplay who is the same stage. During these little experiments, who only had a medium to low success, I’ve realized that we need a way to wake up an interest for roleplaying in the people of the region, and that’s why I started working on a roleplaying guide, which shall be finished soon. With the guide, I hope to introduce a series of roleplaying tutorials which will hopefully start waking up a regional interest in roleplaying. I’ve also tried to reboot the regional map, by moving to a new one, a map which is currently under work, and will probably be launched over the next few weeks.
    There is still a lot to do, but I hope that what I’m trying to do will serve as a beginning for a bright roleplaying future of this region.
    Thrace"

And that puts us in our current position. In just the last few days, given that our region has stabilized and is confident once again, I have made an effort to streamline our region's government - from creating several regional welcome guides to reorganizing our offsite Foreign Office. Our ambassadorial program is rather new, so please be a bit lenient with our officers in these first few updates. We have made a significant effort to reach out to other regions, expanding our original regional alliances and embassies from Taijitu, Wintreath, and The Rejected Realms to now also include Lazarus, Spiritus, Albion, and the Renegade Islands Alliance, with pending applications in 10000 Islands, Balder, Texas, and Europeia. It's certainly been a busy month, and we look forward to keeping it that way!

I hope you've enjoyed this month's update, so - until next time then!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish! (common INWU saying)

~ the International Northwestern Union Foreign Office
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful

• Only in the darkness can you see the stars

We wish you a pleasant read! ❤

Grand Opening

Written by Savalen

On 1st May 2016, a new newspaper was added to the extraordinary mix that was already out there. The Northwest Star was, however, born with a different purpose. It was to be an inter-regional newspaper, one which allowed all nations and regions to participate, no matter how large or small.
    In this inaugural edition, the IFU introduces itself as a good neighbour of the INWU (that’s us!) and Fiji talks after steering the ship to calmer waters after the split.

But this article isn’t about what you can read below, it’s about the opening ceremony! 200 people gathered in the press room of the IFU, with Othelos, Fiji and me fidgeting whilst we waited for the all-clear in a small room where they had spent hours craning their necks over articles from far and wide.

First batch of the NorthWest Star ready for distribution

However, as mentioned, this is no ordinary newspaper. The press room was beamed to regions all over NationStates from Ancient Athens to Lazarus.

During the press conference, Savalen commented: "There were teething problems - people finding it hard to actually write up the article, actually getting the Printing Press to work as it had been closed for 25 years, keeping this operation from prying eyes without being suspicious. But all of these have been overcome and here is the newspaper that you see now!"

We wish you a pleasant read!❤

New Era of Political Parties

Voice of The Great Orator Othelos

In the aftermath of the Great Divide and the institution of the new constitution, two new political parties have emerged. Unlike past parties in the INWU, these two parties are not transient, largely single issue parties that quickly disappear after change has been enacted. This is likely due to the fact that they have emerged to fill the void that parties usually take place of - uniting its members behind certain candidates, issues, and an ideology. The two parties are called the Justice Party and the Unity Party.

The Justice Party was created first, and the formation of the Unity Party followed quickly afterwards. The main differences between the two parties are along the lines of the region's approach to The Hanover Republic, the raiding/defending game, and the role of the World Assembly Delegate and Chancellor.

The most contentious issue has been the region's approach to The Hanover Republic. The larger Justice Party and its members ultimately favour re-joining the regions by working in realistic increments to that end. The Unity Party, meanwhile, favours leaving The Hanover Republic to conduct its own business. As this was the issue that the two parties have primarily campaigned on, the consensus leans towards working towards a re-merger between the two regions. It is also likely that if the Justice Party takes office, the region will work more strongly towards this end.

Unity Party Office

The Justice Party favours staying out of the raiding/defending game, while the Unity Party favours an active defending operation. This issue has not risen to prominence in public debate, so it's not clear how the majority of the public feels about this issue.

The Justice Party favours a more hands on, involved World Assembly Delegate and Chancellor in the conduct of the region, due to the past failures in RMB management having led to the Great Split. The Unity Party, on the other hand, favours a more hands off, centrist World Assembly Delegate and Chancellor, which seems to have worked well for long periods in the region's history. This issue reveals a great deal about how each party's nominee will likely behave in office.

It will be interesting to see where the new system takes the region and how it will impact future politics and elections. Two strong indicators will be the party primaries held in May and how the election ultimately turns out.

One of the many election campaign videos for the Justice Party primary
    A Statement from Albiorix, a Founder of the Unity Party

"The Unity Party, founded by Midland South States and myself, is a political organization aimed at improving the interregional outlook of the INWU. Most notably, we support recognizing the Hanover Republic’s independence as well as a defender operation within the region. Currently, we are selecting our key party leaders, the President and the Secretary."

A Statement from Othelos, the Founder of the Justice Party

"Currently, the party is pushing forward in growing its membership. We are going to hold our primary from May 26th through May 28th on the Regional Forums. Stay tuned for the results."

Links:
    Unity Party
    Justice Party

For more information on where to find the party platforms or related forum threads, contact Albiorix or Othelos.

Finding out about Fiji

Interviewer Savalen interviewing Fiji

Hello and welcome to this interview with the current WAD for the INWU, El Fiji Grande, who is halfway through serving his third, non-consecutive term in office.

Sorry to start off with a difficult topic. You always seem to be elected when there is a dispute and, amazingly, every time you steer the ship to calmer waters. How were you able to achieve peace this time around?

Peace is always difficult to achieve. The reason I tend to get elected when disputes occur is that I know that I can fix them, and run on that platform. In order to restore peace, there are numerous challenges. You have to be reasonable, level-headed, determined, and compromising as a delegate. You have to give the region purpose, and instill pride into each citizen of the region. You have to speak personally to each person who's a had a share of the conflict, and determine exactly their perspective. You want to be understanding, kind, and fair in these conversations. And by hearing what everyone thinks and feels, you can build compromises and convince the rest of the region that a solution can be found. It takes a very specific skill set. But it also takes a lot of help. I could not have made it this far without the help of Estradia, my Chancellor, or Othelos, my Administrative Assistant, as well as many unnamed others. They have proved invaluable.

You talk about compromise, which suggests that you're not always satisfied with the outcome. Where do you feel that the region has swayed from what you wanted to achieve when stepping into office?

You're correct. It should be noted that the best compromises leave no one exactly satisfied as a result. As delegate, you have to put aside your own interests and agendas to make way for the direction the people of the region want to go. Ultimately, I'm happy when there is peace, and compromise is one of the best ways of achieving that. A good delegate must also face reality. While I was elected solely on the platform of putting the region back together, and standing us back on our feet, one has to realize that getting The Hanover Republic to remerge is a near impossibility now. The level hostility of their members and the level of apathy of ours make any friendly efforts very difficult. Additionally, I would have personally preferred a pure direct democracy to the Regional Council system we currently have set up. And finally, I believe my administration was not vocal enough during the constitutional reforms. Communication is essential, especially when fundamental change is coming; a regional telegram and frequent RMB reminders may have been sufficient. I really dislike when politically active citizens are shut down from helping change the constitution on the reasoning that "Oh, you had that chance, and you missed it."

People trying to stop the hostilities between The Hanover Republic and INWU

You seem to have a few things that you aren’t happy about, but I’m going to flip this completely without going into any great detail, as these problems are explained in other articles. What do you think has been the greatest moment that you’ve had during your tenure as WAD?

Yes, there are a few things I am unhappy about, but as delegate, as I've said before, I put my personal preferences to one side for the benefit of the region. My first thought was naturally peace. The most essential part of my role as delegate has been fulfilled. The region may not be perfect, but for the moment, I believe it to once again be on the proper trajectory. But aside from peace, I will mention our role in foreign affairs. It's not a subject many nations here care about, but it is a subject I feel they ought to care about. Friendly relations with other regions can be very mutually beneficial to all regions involved. During my current tenure in office, I've been very successful in expanding the role of the INWU - at the very least from its former, dire state. We now have embassies with Lazarus, Spiritus, Renegade Islands Alliance, Albion, among others, and Europeia, Balder, Texas, and Taijitu are pending. I'm very proud of my work in that regard, and thankful of the region's ambassadors and personal assistants who have helped me achieve this.

As a former Foreign Minister myself, I understand your position. I, personally, always wanted to have good relations with other regions to meet new people, for a new RP experience and to have that knowledge that you have friends who will back you around NationStates. I wanted to ask, however, why you wish for the INWU to get more involved in inter-regional politics.

Foreign affairs - and thus both embassies and forum relations - are mutually beneficial to all regions involved for several reasons, some of which aren't applicable to the INWU, but I will still mention here. First and foremost, foreign relations share culture, ideas, and perspectives. By studying and interacting with other regions, you can gain useful insights into how to make the region a better place. For instance, direct democracy was borrowed from Taijitu, the regional newspaper was inspired by The Monthly Reject of TRR, and our very neat WFE was heavily influenced by Wintreath. Via interaction, you can also make up for various experiences that would be lacking within the INWU on its own. There is the annual NS World Fair, roleplays on the NS forums and on other offsite forums, friends to be made, and Werewolf over by Wintreath. Anyone who is actively interested in trying to make the INWU a better place should be interested in foreign affairs for all of these reasons, and more. Something that isn't entirely applicable to the INWU is the R/D mini-game, but it's still something that is important to NS as a whole. It is through foreign affairs that organizations such as TITO, the FRA, and other defender groups exist.
    To better understand the significance of foreign affairs, you can become an ambassador for the INWU by applying - via a telegram to me or our Minister of Foreign Affairs for now. That is, of course, until we get the official offsite application up and running. Additionally, you can help by contributing articles to our regional newspaper, writing foreign updates, and creating regional emblems and insignia that will help our region stand out from the others. There are also regular games of Werewolf over by Wintreath, one of which I am currently participating in.

Foreign Affairs Office

I couldn’t have put it better myself and I had no clue about the Werewolf games over in Wintreath. I may play myself! I think that your view on foreign policy is to continue as we are – making friendships with other regions that will last. But I wanted to ask: what you think are the main problems still in the region?

The single largest problem that the INWU lacks is our shocking absolute lack of roleplay of nearly any sort. It's stunning how completely apathetic nearly everyone in the region is towards roleplay. Tracian Empire has been working quite hard and is demonstrating that no matter how enthusiastic, creative, or how targeted his roleplays are towards the interests of our citizens, roleplay is dead in the INWU. I would be lying to say that I have done much if anything to solve this problem - there simply isn't much I can do. Given that I don't have much time to roleplay, and since many others interested have the same problem, it is extremely difficult to reach critical mass to get one started. Many of our old roleplayers are growing inactive, and recent recruitment efforts have failed to bring in many active nations. That is the single largest issue this region has, and is one I think will plague the future of the region unless we all make a dedicated effort to solve it while we still can.

You seem quite passionate about this topic, but I can't help but point out that you promised to make an application for The Dark Ages Roleplay set up by Tracian Empire, our Roleplay Minister. Don't you think that this is why there is no Roleplay - people just don't have the commitment to go for it?
    You make another point: we have a problem with recruiting new, active nations. What's your view on this problem? How should the next WAD go about tackling this problem? Have you done enough?

On the topic of roleplay, I'm really not as passionate as I should be. Back in my former region, Strategos Prime, we had an active roleplay culture, fuelled to a large extent by the activity and creativity of East Ibsenia, Falling Stars, Topsail Empire, and Hockesin. Even Crumstain occasionally joined in on the action. So I know just how beneficial active roleplay can be for a region. But the depressing inactivity in that regard makes it hard to get excited about any of them.
    Hmm - I did post - *checks* hmmm. ok - I guess not. I was certain I wrote up an application for that... As in, I actually remember writing it and posting it. That's so weird. But yes, commitment is certainly a problem. I'd guess to some extent that when applications never transfer over to actual IC threads doesn't help either.
    As for recruitment - I believe I have done far more than my share. During my delegacy, our population rose over 70 nations, peaking at or just above 200 nations. I sent manual telegrams [in blocks of eight] to a couple thousand nations, and also started some automatic recruitment while I was on my cycling tour. However, the wide majority of these nations proved inactive - as expected - and have not made a large improvement in regional activity. I don't think that the next delegate will live up to that mark. Only through a dedicated and distributed recruitment program could similar success be reached without the use of telegram stamps. I am of the opinion that continued recruitment is always necessary to a successful future of the region, but no one ever wants to actually be the one to do the recruitment. I did so this term, and was ironically criticized for my efforts, as some nations feared I was bringing in puppets.

Recruitment Efforts

Fair enough, I believe that you have done exceedingly well with recruitment and it sets a target that will be hard to reach. I hope that the next WAD will be ready for such a target.
    As we know, you are coming to the end of your delegacy, as is this interview. Finally, what advice would you give to the nation that replaces you?

Advice is always difficult to give, as the responsibilities a WA Delegate needs and the situations they typically face change from term to term. They need to have a clear vision for the future of the region, but be flexible to compromise and be happy to provide for the needs and wills of the common citizen. They must attempt to befriend all, and unify the region once more after each election. But my best advice really does apply to everyone in the region - it's very basic, yet it's rarely followed quite to the level one would hope - that is: to be kind, fair, just, reasonable, and respectful of all. Word what you say carefully, and before posting, pause and consider if that post really helps the situation. Additionally, before the next delegate takes office, I will debrief them and offer last bits of final advice myself, on a more personal note.

Thank you very much for all your time and for leading us through such a difficult period. May you be cherished.

Links:
    Join the Regional Council!
    The Book of Fiji
    Savalen, Minister for Foreign Affairs

Tracian’s Theelings
    Written by Tracian Empire, Minister of Roleplay

Well, apparently I have to write an article for the INWU Newspaper. Although I have no proper idea about what to write, after all, this will be my first article, let's get going.

First of all, since I know that everyone is eager to once again have a regional map, I'm proud to announce that the alternative map you have (or haven't) voted for is close to being finished. I have no idea who exactly did it, since as some of you may know I went in a trip abroad over the past few weeks, but it's gorgeous, and, as soon as me and Raventsvo start working on cultural zones, it will be perfect. It's much better than all our previous maps combined. As soon as it's completed, you will all be able to once again make map claims, and create your nation in the INWU the way you want it to be. Everything will be discussed, so as soon as the map is launched, we'll be waiting for you and your ideas, on the regional forum, on the RMB, and on TG's. It's up to us all to make this map into the map we have all been dreaming of.

As your wonderful Minister of Roleplay, I'll also use this opportunity to advertise a couple roleplays. I hope you all understand that you'll either join them, or take the first train to Kolyma... umm, anyway, back on the subject. We currently have two really nice nation based, alternative history roleplays on our forum, close for anyone to try them (AT for short, if you ever come across that acronym). The first one is made by myself, set right before the Crusades. You know that Medieval Era state you always dreamed of creating? This is your chance. We will accept anything alternative as long as it can be explained historically, and then, the fun (and the kebab killing), can begin! The second roleplay is made by Hijjma, and is a MT (Modern Technology) Alternative Earth roleplay. Do you like modern tech? Do you like having fun? If so, join it now!

Do you want to join the Medieval Roleplay?

As I'm an avid roleplayer, not just any old Minister of Roleplay, the roleplay situation of this region really saddens me... but not all hope is lost! Even if in terms of roleplays, the INWU is the equivalent of the Sahara Desert, there is a nearby place with a lot of.. good stuff. We call it, Portal to the Multiverse, or for short, P2TM. It doesn't matter what you want to do, you'll find a roleplay for you in there. P2TM is the land of all possibilities. And don't be afraid, even if some of the people in that thread aren't exactly.... normal(I've seen some really dark stuff there..). They don't bite at least... I think. If you want to experience roleplay at its fullest, try to take a look at P2TM!

Links:
    Medieval Era RP
    MT Alternative Earth Roleplay
    P2TM

A Hitchiker's Guide to the IFU

Written by our friend, Great Carlistan

Unity, Justice, Liberty

It started with a dream of a region where nations of all political systems and people with different ideologies could coexist in a cooperative and friendly way. On the 19th of December 2015, the Alaskan Federative Republic founded the International Freedom Union, or IFU, and large-scale recruitment campaigns quickly created an enormous influx in regional growth and activity. Soon, the region engaged in political discussions and countless referenda, becoming the bustling and diverse community in the active process of elections for the second regional government it is today.

The path, however, was not always easy.

While political theorisation and debate often turned heated, a greater conflict soon erupted on a much larger scale. Sellanis, a far-spanning, mountainous nation, known for increasing civil rights abuses and the rigorous execution of ethnic cleansing campaigns, genocide, fell into anarchy. This sparked an international uproar of extreme dimensions and it was not long before foreign troops landed on Sellani soil.
    While Savalen and the Empire of Great Carlistan quickly created bridgeheads and set to restoring order, all was not well and tensions grew evermore as more aggressive parties cast their eyes on a land ripe for taking...

The ultimate test of unity came later, as tragedy struck in a series of unforeseeable events. In the debate of political reforms, the issue of a direct democracy, dropped around the new year, was once again brought up and, condemning these revolutionary nations, the more conservative chancellor resigned without notice, tearing down a system and a society so painstakingly established over months of hard labour.
    In this period of confusion, the raider threat, although contained in the past, moved on the IFU en-mass, only deflected by the thankfully active founder. However, this seemed to have pushed the IFU farther over the edge and the region looked ruined.

Alaska looks over the ruins that was his region

Waking in the rubble, walking over glass, the region rose like a phoenix, out of the ashes seeking rather than vengeance retribution, in an unbelievable development testimony to the stubbornness and motivation of its members. A new constitution was whipped through a referendum, a new chancellor was elected, a new bill protecting regional borders while reaffirming civil freedoms was passed and a news thread was finally established.

The region is flourishing and we thank all our members and allies for their repeated support and undeniably important role in shaping the IFU, for building the foundations of this incredible community.

Links:
    International Freedom Union
    IFU Forums
    News Thread

Savalen's Notes
    I hope you've had a great read and join us next month! ❤

Fiji - Assistant Editor
    Othelos - Assistant Editor, Staff Writer
    Albiorix - Graphic Designer
    Savalen - Chief Editor, Staff Writer
    Tracian Empire - Staff Writer

For those of you interested in the upcoming elections - there is the election special. Keep an eye out for that!

Has something happened over the past month that you want to write about? Do you think you can make the Newspaper look better? Or do you just want your name here -->
    Apply now for loads of different positions, we would be happy to have you on board.

Is there something wrong? Are you offended in any way? Is there a typo? Do you just want to commend us (yaaaay!)?
    Make sure to write out all of your complaints in the the correct thread or telegram me, Savalen.

Links to other issues:

Issue I Original Dispatch
    Issue II - coming 1st June 2016

Issue I signed off 1st May 2016
    Savalen
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Thank you for the update. :)

How have the parties been going so far in the community? I've always been a little weary of them, because they tend to create factions in the community and crystallize divisions within it. Are there many clashes and flare-ups between the parties?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • Thank you for the update. :)

How have the parties been going so far in the community? I've always been a little weary of them, because they tend to create factions in the community and crystallize divisions within it. Are there many clashes and flare-ups between the parties?
    This may come as a bit of a surprise, but so far the parties have been a unifying force. I was also very weary of them, as they almost always create more trouble that they're worth. We have also yet to see their full effects, because we have not seen a major election with either of them in existence.

It also has a bit to do with our history. We were founded nearly two years ago, after the merger of several smaller regions. But we've held onto former regional loyalties to some extent, such that the factions right now are basically the old regions. This has gotten better with time, but the parties are actually helping dissolve that by creating different factions than the old regional alliances. This, in my mind, is a good thing.
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • In a way that sounds like Wintreath, in that we have large proportions of several other regions here who still maintain loyalties to those regions...thankfully it hasn't caused any factionalism or conflict here that I'm aware of though. :P

I'm curious...you have one party that wants to re-merge with this Republic of Hanover and one party that wants to let them go their own way, but what does the Republic of Hanover want? How do they feel about INWU now? Do the regions have decent ties?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Albiorix
  • Village Drifter
  • To answer your question Moot, most members of the Hanover Republic are opposed to reunification; there is also a faction of people that are extremely hostile towards the INWU and believe we should cut ties entirely. The stance of the Unity Party (which I am a part of) is to respect the Hanover Republic's independence and pursue relations through formal interregional channels.
    1 person likes this post: El Fiji Grande
    Albiorix
    • Village Drifter
    Albiorix
  • Village Drifter

The Way Forward
    Written by Estradia, Chancellor of the INWU

The June-September term has commenced, and so has one of the most pivotal times in choosing the fate of the INWU’s future. These next couple of months are going to be crucial in deciding the outcome of the INWU. This administration is one of the last chances the INWU has to spring back to its former glory. As such the goals and plans for this term need to be laid out. Having the public know what will be happening, and what they can do to be involved, is vital if we hope to get the INWU to a new golden age. So here are my, and this administration’s, plans for the next couple of months.

Decisions, decisions...

The major goal for this administration is to revitalize the culture of the INWU. The culture of this region is at the core of what makes the INWU the INWU. It’s what gives the INWU that special flair we all know and love. As such rebuilding, and improving, the INWU’s cultural identity will be taking center stage for this administration’s efforts. By improving our cultural identity we can grow closer as a region, raise activity and even grow our image on the regional stage. This revitalization process will have three parts: Reactivation of the RC, Addition & Improvement of Regional Cultural Activities and Improvement of Interregional Standing. These three parts will each be explained in their own paragraph, starting with the Reactivation of the RC.

The Reactivation of the RC is already in full swing with the unanimous passing of the Emergency RC Reinstatement Bill. The RC is going to play a big role in improving culture in the INWU. The RC allows the passing of cultural events and holidays, such as Founding Day. By having more holidays and events people have more things to do. Not only can this improve activity but it will make our region more appetizing to new nations. Now that the RC is now back open for business this process can start in full. For anyone interesting is sharing their ideas you can sign up for the RC here.

The second part of the revitalization process is the Addition and Improvement of Regional Cultural Activities. What this basically means is creating, and encouraging the creation, of various cultural activities, ideas, projects etc in the region. Examples of this are putting greater emphasis on Nation of the Week or the INWUball or the INWU Radio. Things like these help increase the enjoyment people have with the region along with giving more things for people to partake in and enjoy. This, again, helps increase activity. Encouraging the creativity of our members, new and old, really helps keep our region pumping with joy, it helps give people a break from the otherwise serious nature of running a region. As the term goes on I personally plan to start taking a look at regions like TRR, Wintreath, Lazarus, etc. to see what they do to keep their regions joyous and active. What they do to make their regions lively could very well do the same for ours.

A recent advertisement raising awareness for the government's new plan

The third part’s, the Improvement of Interregional Standing, goal is to increase name recognition and relations with our embassies. One of the goals this region has had from the very start is to increase our presence on the world stage. By getting our name out there and participating in interregional events, whether it be Rock Paper Scissors with The Rejected Realms, Werewolf with Wintreath or other events with our various allies, we improve our regional standing and culture. Being involved on the larger scale can only bring good things for our region.

This is a good plan that can greatly improve our region if followed correctly. But it has a great vulnerability, and that is it’s reliance on motivation and participation. Every part of this plan relies on the people of the INWU to be active and participate in regional and interregional events in order to be effective. A lack of motivation and participation has plagued this region from almost the very beginning. This NS Summer is a great opportunity for people to get serious about participating in (inter)regional affairs. If everyone takes part in the revitalization of the INWU then we will undoubtedly bring this region back to glory. But it can no longer be only a small group of people shouldering the load. If people really care about the future development of the INWU, then participating in the revitalization of the INWU is of utmost importance. The INWU cannot, and will not, survive if people do not take part in its healing process. I know in my heart that we all care about this region’s survival. Now all that needs to be done is show our efforts and our conviction in this success.

The INWU is running out of chances to come back from these turbulent times. This summer is the most opportune time to get this region back on its feet. If this 3-part plan is followed and the public shows its support for our amazing region we will bounce back. Here’s to a great next 2 and a half months and long live the INWU!

Diversity in Issues?
    Written by Savalen, Chief Editor of the NorthWest Star

NS issues. You see them everyday and you chose a way to answer them, depending on how you want your country to be run. There’s not a lot that’s difficult other than sometimes making the decision. All the issues are different (some more similar than others) and they all have different answers and outcomes. But are these issues really ones that can be seen from all the viewpoints? Or are they all painted with the rose-tinted glasses of the “Western world”?
    Well first of all, I’m just going to say that “western world” is an ambiguous term, but if I were to use the 1st world definition, set out during the cold war, I don’t think I would be too far from the mark, so if you were looking for a definition, use this.

Now a second problem – what are the range of issues available? Well, it depends on the current state of the country. A communist country will have “communist” issues and “centrists” will have “centrist” issues, etc, etc. But what is the point of the article then?

My point is this – most (not all, some of the user submitted ones, especially, are orientated for other types of nation) of the issues are seen through this viewpoint of the “western world.” The issues have certain answers, which means that some viewpoints may be missed and as such these nations may feel “left out”. This might be better explained with an example. As a person that regularly leaves issues for a week or so, I remember getting some strange issues for one of puppets, a communist state, but I will go with one that I received recently on this account, my main.

Spoiler
    #032: One Wife Is Never Enough, Say Polygamists [Fantasan]
    The Issue
    A small religious group is lobbying the government to allow them to take multiple wives.
    The Debate
    1. "It's about time we had our religious rights recognized," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a devout member of a faith that is never made quite clear. "Who is the government to tell me I can't love more than one woman? The government doesn't know how much of me there is to go around!"
    2. "This is nothing more than sexual deviants using religion as a pretext for perversion!" says Reverend @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Marriage is one man, one woman, and death do we part. What's so hard to get? Anything else is a perversion, and must be banned."
    3. "Multiple wives? Excellent!" says passer-by @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Presumably we will allow multiple husbands, as well. And gay marriages, of course. In fact, now is probably the time for the government to butt out of marriage altogether. Let people marry their cats, if they want.”

Seems quite normal, no? But Savalen, a country where LGBT rights are equal (or getting there), has not got a “right” answer to this question. I do not want to allow bestiality, but I want to allow polygamy for all people (including the LGBT community). How do I answer this question?

A recent Pride Parade in Savalen

I have to discard it usually, but I went for the 3rd option. To my surprise, my weather went down, as did my ideological radicality. The second part is understandable under the bestiality part, but the weather? How, please tell me, is the weather affected by gay people being allowed to marry? But then, some people see this measure as a bit of a joke one. But then I noticed something else. My trout fishing industry went down. I looked again. There is was – the drop was small, but there. I still have no idea why.

But how does this fit in with the original statement, the issues are view through the eyes of the “western world”? Well imagine now that your nation works differently, take a communist government for example. All the issues seem to have a rise in this or that, which isn’t always related to your answer, and you feel annoyed when the way you answer an issue, in this case, increases the wage gap, despite you answering in the most equal way possible. The issues are not bad, by any means. They are the base, the lifeline of NS. They are there, no matter how boring the RMB or the forums may be at that moment, to entertain you. But I think they need a slight tweak.

Firstly, I think that there should be a slight tweak in the mechanism – I hate to call upon the developers to do something so small and probably insignificant, but I think that all 541 issues need to be gone over and checked to make sure that they fit all of the nations – having issues about income inequality in a “perfect” communist nation is strange.

But the developers, I’m guessing, sometimes don’t have enough issues from all viewpoints to allow this. This is where we, the nations of the INWU and NS in general come in. We have to fit into the shoes of other countries, ones with problems different to the “western view”. I, for one, would love to see an issue about Tahiti's problem with obesity, or how they put WiFi over the whole country. I will be trying to make a few new issues and I hope you join me.

Best RMB Post of June 2016
    Written by Grand Duchy of Nardin, INWU Citizen

Quote from: grand_duchy_of_nardin;19898604
    BREAKING NEWS
    ~~~
    After being elected once again, second-term delegate Topsail_Empire has, as one eyewitness claims, "stepped up to the proverbial plate." Just seconds after winning the regional election for WA delegate, Topsail took exactly one step forward, no more, no less. This sparked no small amount of confusion among the citizens of the region. "I just don't know man, I just don't know," spoke former delegate Gatito on Monday, "that one step forward could be some kinda metaphor for the beginning of world peace, or a symbol for a new era of conquest for the INWU. If you ask me, we should all be afraid; very afraid..."
    While nearly all sources state that Topsail took one step forward, there are those who claim that he in fact took not one, but two steps, back. Chancellor Estradia spoke out in support of these claims in a recent press conference. "Did I see him take a step back? No, no I didn't. I saw him take two steps back. It is my belief that Topsail intends to resurrect the dead region of Strategos Prime, or maybe defect to the Hanover Republic! Don't quote me on this or anything but I say we should take him 'out of the picture' before its too late! Wait, is that a camera - "
    Wildly differing reports of "The Step" have continued to flood the office building of the NorthWest Star, with thousands of pieces of hate mail being delivered every hour and scores of protesters storming the revolving doors. Chief Editor Savalen was interviewed on the scene, helping the unpaid interns block the doors with anything not bolted down. "WHAT?! YOU GOTTA SPEAK UP!!!" he screamed over the chaos. "YES, THIS IS A TIME OF GREAT UNREST FOR THE REGION," he stated, ducking under a brick chucked through a window, "BUT THAT'S NO REASON TO DEVOLVE INTO ANARCHY! ALL WE NEED TO DO IS CHECK THE SHOE SIZE OF OUR DELEGATE AND -" *here the editor could no longer be heard*
    ~~~~~
    Reports say that Kolyma Gulag is fit to bursting with political refugees. A hastily conducted interview with Warden Tracian_Empire revealed that nearly all inmates are supporters of El_Fiji_Grande, former delegate, who would rather sit safely in prison than be caught up in "The Step" Scandal. The Warden further revealed that many of the new prisoners brought with them millions of dollars in cash as donations to expand the prison's capacity.

Our Monthly INWUBall!
    Created by Gatito, Comic Designer

Election Speech

Organic Government
    Written by Albiorix, Graphic Designer and Assistant Editor

It seems like everything, from food to clothing to construction materials, is organic these days. Most people, save for a few conspiracy theorists, agree that although these organic products cost more, they're generally better for our health and our environment. As the all-consuming tide of crazed organicists sweeps over the INWU, I propose we bow down to our new minimal-emissions overlords with a new organic appointment system.

An official governmental structure diagram, made by Albiorix

In the INWU, every government position has extensive roles. Although our constitution mandates these positions, the long list of often tedious jobs leads to several of them being neglected at any given time. In my opinion, the operations of the INWU relies on involving far more people than are currently in our government. By bequeathing people with an official position, however minor, the individual will be better motivated to invest time into the running of the region.

Something to consider for our 2-week old administration would be to move towards lesser roles for more people. The pretexts are already there. Midland_South_States has been appointed as our official forum administrator, and Raventsvo has been appointed as our border official. These appointments follow the formalization of RP Council appointments as well as ambassadors taking on more specific roles within the foreign affairs department.

By organically assigning miscellaneous roles to citizens who possess unique skills and desire to be involved in that particular job, we could use our resources most effectively in enacting any sort of occasion, enforcement, or management.

Another core axiom I believe the INWU should introduce is reducing governmental stratification. Whenever there's an issue of any scope within the INWU, the same four or five individuals are called upon to make spot decisions and are expected to deal with the problem expertly despite differing circumstances. We should be enlisting the best person for the job for each individual task.

I truly believe this is something that our executives should look into when considering personnel changes in the future. By involving more people in our government, we can increase our resources and our flexibility while ensuring we always have enough options to get by any issue.

Editor's Notes

This issue was produced by interim chief editor Albiorix. So please don't hound Savalen over my mistakes.

Has something happened over the past month that you want to write about? Do you think you can make the Newspaper look better? Or do you just want your name here -->
    Apply now for loads of different positions, we would be happy to have you on board!

For those who do want to point out my mistakes or if you want to personally thank me :P post your comments here.

Links to other issues:

Issue IDispatch
    Issue IIDispatch
    Issue IIIDispatch

Issue III signed July 2nd, 2016
    Albiorix
    Albiorix
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Sorry for the delay in reply. :P

But it can no longer be only a small group of people shouldering the load.

That is a problem in all-to many regions, including this one...I think at the end of the day the problem lays with how rigid government positions in a region can be. Someone comes to a region and does good, and they're 'rewarded' with a government position...and usually the responsibility to keep doing what they're doing and more. What they originally did for fun becomes an obligation, eventually even a chore, leading to burnout and withdrawal, which plunges the region into inactivity because everyone else has become used to those few people doing most things and there's no initiative for the average community member to set out and try their own things. I know that we've been gifted with a number of incredible people who have done good for the region and ended up in the Cabinet, and then eventually got burned out.

I recently told the Cabinet that if they're burned out on doing something in the region, they should stop doing it, even if it means we no longer do those things as a region...it would hurt the region in the short-term, but I think long-term the region is better served by having committed people who don't get burned out. Being part of NS and a region is supposed to be fun, after all, not a chore. I'm also glad that we have people like North who for the first time is running the next game of Werewolf, for example. Responsibilities like that need to be spread around so that no one person ends up doing it over and over again.

I'm also considering replacing the Cabinet with a more flexible structure...instead of specific positions, just have a group of people that are contributing to the region and work together to get shit done. That way, no one thing becomes an obligation to any one person, and entry to this group becomes easier for those that are doing for the region. I haven't made any decisions there yet though. :P
    3 people like this post: taulover, El Fiji Grande, Laurentus

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Albiorix
  • Village Drifter

The Not-So-Scary Portal

Written by Tracian Empire, Roleplay Enthusiast

So hello my dear comrades, this is everyone's favorite vampire, Thrace. I've wanted to write an article for the newspaper for quite a while, but I've been too lazy until now. I've finally had some time, so here it is. And since I'm a roleplayer, what better thing to write about than about roleplaying? Or more specifically, about P2TM.

What is P2TM, you ask? It's simple, you silly barbarians. Portal to the Multiverse. No, it's not an evil satanic space-time portal used by aliens to travel in the Multiverse(although it's pretty similar to it). It's the fancy name for the roleplaying section of the NationStates Forum. This is the magical land where nations from all across NS gather to roleplay and do all sorts of.. silly things. It's like a heaven of roleplaying. Or a hell. Or a purgatory. Depending on the perspective.
    As all of you know, or maybe not, the INWU has a chronic problem with roleplaying. Most of our members simply don't want to roleplay, or aren't interested in it, and even those who want and like to roleplay never seem to have enough interest in it. That's why all of our regional roleplays die, sooner or later. And with no roleplays, those of our members who want to roleplay usually can't. And then of course, there seems to be a general poor knowledge of what roleplaying is, or the basic roleplaying rules, and of how a roleplay is supposed to work, leading to our small roleplaying community being rather toxic.

Don't be scared, the portal looks perfectly safe to me.

In my opinion, the best way for people who want to roleplay, to actually begin roleplaying, is P2TM, where they can experience roleplaying without the problems of the region. But most of the people are hesitant, if not afraid to do it. And I understand. I was like that at the beginning too. I even now remember the weeks I spent simply looking at roleplays, but being afraid to join. Because there are so many unknown people. Because so many of them are probably good roleplayers, while you aren't. Especially those with huge post numbers(like me), who can be intimidating. Because you don't know how roleplaying works, and because you're afraid that you will fail. Or because you're not confident enough in the quality of your posts. But let me tell you something, none of these matter.
    Not all of us are born as experienced roleplayers. Thinking about myself back at the beginning, I'm ashamed. I want to burn my first posts. But I got over it.

Most of the people in P2TM are actually friendly, and if you're a beginner, but you actually want to learn, they'll help you. There are threads were you can post questions, and they will be easily answered. There is the P2TM mentorship program. There are roleplays for beginners. It's not that difficult to do.

When I joined my first roleplay, it was catastrophic.. the roleplay died soon anyway. But soon after, I've joined another one. And I'm proud to say that the roleplay I joined then, has become my favorite roleplay of all time, and I'm in it even now, more than a year after I first joined. I was really bad at the beginning, but I was helped. My English back then was a disaster, but I can say confidently that roleplaying has improved my English tremendously. And look at me right now. I'm practically a god, right?

Joining roleplays on P2TM isn't impossible, and it's not like a suicidal banzai charge. It can be done, and in the end, you'll have fun. So at least, for those of you who want to roleplay, but don't know how, I think that it is worth a try. For any kind of help you'd need, you can hit me up with a TG, although I'll be hiding in my coffin for a week from now. Just try. What could go wrong?

And for those who want a point from where to start, I recommend this very helpful link.

Have fun, my little slaves.

Let Be
    Written by Estradia, Chancellor

My grandpappy once told me something that I'll always remember. That something that my grandpappy once told me went a little something like this, "Let be.". These two words would be a part of my life from the time my grandpappy first told them to me until the last time he told them to me, which he's still telling them to me.

These two words bring back a lot of memories, like when I was a wee kiddo and I got upset because Gretta refused to sit on my lap. My grandpappy would see me being upset and he'd gab my shoulders, look into my eyes and say, "Let be."(Gretta was a chicken, she made a good Thanksgiving brunch.). Hearing my grandpappy utter these two words (Let be) always solved my problems and made me feel more than sad. Another time these two words helped me out was when I was in Before High School. There was this missy who I was really in love with. I'd watch her talk to her friends, eat her lunch, walk home from school. When she wasn't by her locker I'd slip in love letters depicting our loving family of 4 girls and 3 chickens(The missys name was Gretta).

There was one problem though, Gretta never loved me back.

No matter how many times I followed her or how many notes I forcefully shoved into her locker with tears in my eyes and a fire in my heart and an anger in my brain, she never loved me. I called grandpappy for advice, grandpappy always knew what to do. You know what he told me, that's right. My grandpappy told me those two special words that make me feel good, "Let be.". Those two words solved my missy problem, they made it all better. I still love Gretta, even right now.

My grandpappy died 3 years ago, I cried for a bit but then I knew that I had the power to make it better. So, every night after I'm done petting Gretta (on my lap) I go to my spare bedroom. In this bedroom is my shrine to grandpappy, I love grandpappy. I kneel to this shrine, light a few candles (2 candles), and say those two special words over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Sooner or later, in my brain, grandpappy appears. His face is a face of fright, but I know he loves seeing me. In my mind my grandpappy yells these special words, they go something like this, "LET BE LET BE LET BE HELP ME LET BE LET BE KILL ME LET BE END LET BE LET BE THE BE LET BE LET BE SUFF LET BE LET BE ERING LET BE LE BE.". These words keep me peaceful, they keep me happy. They even keep Gretta under control, and also happy. I love my grandpappy, even if he's dead. I know he'll always cherish my undying need for his guidance. Guidance that comes in these two very special words that go something like this:

"Let be."

MSS' Grand Trip to Chicago
    Written by Midland South States, Regional Grizzly and Tourist

I was going to do a write up about my short trip to Chicago last week, but I can’t find the wording to do so. Fear not, instead I’ll share some photos that I took while I was there. Granted I was only there for about 60 hours, but here’s some sights. It’s a city that I would love to visit again when I can.

That’s the hotel that I stayed in. Definitely can recommend it
    if you’re ever in town. Built in the ‘60’s, definitely.

Chicago Chinatown. Food was excellent there.

The 9 Dragon Wall. Located right outside the Cermack-Chinatown Redline stop.

Hard Rock Cafe sign, about a block from the hotel.

Downtown skyline as seen from Lincoln Park.

Finally, those were my seats for the game. Bayern lost
    to Milan 6-8 in shootouts. Had to leave the game early,
    unfortunately.

Best RMB Post of July 2016
    Written by Timberwolves, INWU Citizen

Just let it sit on the skin and soak in naturally. Rubbing it in can cause irritation and/or inflammation. Do not expose to open flame or prolonged sunlight. Keep away from heat sources. Keep away from children and pets. For topical use only. If swallowed, contact your attorney, priest, and/or seismologist. Store in a warm, damp environment. Do not feed more than twice per day, at most 2 hours apart. Do not consume food within 12 hours of application. Do not expose to radioactive materials, caustic materials, or blue clothing. Batteries not included.
    But most of all - HAVE FUN!
    Product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer. Always use caution when handling. Avoid excessive force, do not throw or drop. Hammers may work, however for best results, we suggest you use DENNATON-brand cleaners. This product is not a lubricant. Not for individual resale. Please contact your seller for more information.
    Do not leave full containers unattended. If this product must be left without supervision, store individually in 100mL packets, separated by at least 1000mm (38 inches). Do not over-stretch. Never allow any two half critical masses to come into contact. Do not look directly at the reaction. If asked about the reaction, change the subject. No reactions have ever taken place. The police will be by in 45 seconds to deal with the results of this reaction. Do not try moving. Moving may result in death. Place your hands slowly on the wall in front of you, and move your feet away from each other. Wait for further instruction. In the mean time, remember to visit the new cinema on 99th and Holmes. Dress appropriately and - remember - be discrete.
    Using this product for harm can result in severe mental trauma as well as loss of memory and brain failure leading to coma. Do not consume more than your daily recommended dose. Always take with food. Do not attempt to sleep or relax after use. Product may cause excitation or inexplicable wanting to operate heavy machinery. Keep all hands/arms/legs within the vehicle at all times. Do not attempt to stop manually while in motion. Using the brake pedal is considered tampering with equipment and is a federal crime. For technical support, call your local veterinarian.

Spring Cleaning: A Few Months Too Late?
    Written by Albiorix, Graphic Designer and Assistant Editor

July has been a month of realization in the INWU. We've realized that many things have been neglected over the past six months, ever since the beginning of Gatito's delegacy. Amidst the chaos following the Divide and then Fiji's escapade to Europe, the legislative overhauls, the constitutional rewrite, and everything in between, many of the once occupied rooms in the INWU Headquarters have now been forgotten for half a year now.

Some of the clutter in bowels of the INWU Forums.

Recently, some intrepid archeologists have uncovered these neglected chambers where proposed legislative bills have sat upon dusty desks, before empty conference halls and office chairs. These courageous individuals, namely Othelos and El_Fiji_Grande, have dug through the layers of grime and the tears of the regional alcoholics, and brought these precious historical artifacts to light once more.

Except apparently these proposals continue to have an impact on the modern INWU.

Perhaps influenced by an unknown force emanating from the very parchment the writings were found on, our archaeologist has found reason in resolving the legislation and implementing them. "It's time we got around to that," they say.

At least it seems like OK filler for the plummeting RC attendance.

Editor's Notes

This issue was produced by interim chief editor Albiorix. So please don't hound Savalen over my mistakes.

Apply now for loads of different positions, we would be happy to have you on board!

For those who do want to point out my mistakes or if you want to personally thank me :P post your comments here.

Links to other issues:

Issue IDispatch
    Issue IIDispatch
    Issue IIIDispatch
    Issue IVDispatch

Issue IV signed August 4th, 2016
    Albiorix
    Albiorix
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the update! :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Albiorix
  • Village Drifter
  • If there are any Wintrean guest writers, I'd love to discuss a possible article with them :)
    Albiorix
    • Village Drifter

Pages: 1 [2] 3