• Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter

• The Consulate of the International Northwestern Union

The INWU would like to thank Wintreath for accepting our request to open embassies between our regions. We hope that this interregional relationship will flourish under strong leadership and community connection, and have a bright future. We'd also like to briefly thank TRR for their Rock-Paper-Scissors competition some weeks ago that started a period of reform with regards to interregional affairs within the INWU, that, without which, this embassy would never have been created.

Update #1 from the INWU:

Trial
    In the past few days, there has been some chaos on the INWU RMB, to the point where, in the last four days alone, we've posted more than 100 pages of RMB messages. A failed proposal for compromise and a newly written bill for the Nortwestern Federal Assembly (NFA; legislature) later, and a new lawsuit has been filed regarding the ability for WADs and Founders to suppress various posts on the RMB. This will be the first time in the history of the INWU in which the judicial branch will be used to determine a constitutional dispute.

Sports
    Following the conclusion of the INWU Soccer League, several new sports are being planned, including a new Lacrosse league, hosted by Mallaska. Citizens of Wintreath are invited to join the league, and to do so, should telegram Mallaska and El Fiji Grande to be registered for the season.

Newspaper
    It's really nothing official yet, but there are plans to create an interregional newspaper hosted by the INWU, somewhat like The Rejected Times. Progress is slow in our current political environment, but if the idea persists, the first copy should come out in about a month. We will be interested in looking for nations from around the world willing to write articles. It will be called 'The INWU Enquirer' unless we come up with any better ideas.

Embassies
    Along with Wintreath, we have applied for embassies at both Lazarus and Taijitu. It would appear that the Taijitu embassy proposal will be voted through The Ecclasia within the next few days, to begin the construction of that embassy. We have not yet heard back from Stujenske and other diplomats from Lazarus on the status of the Lazarus embassy proposal at this time.

Offsite Forums
    The offsite forums of the INWU, found here, are undergoing reconfiguration to help eliminate confusion; they are currently quite a mess.

Roleplaying
    Two new roleplays have begun on the INWU offsite forums. The first, authored by New Educandi, is a Steampunk-era Character RP called Smoke, Cinders, and Ash. OOC sign-ups can be found here. The RP follows the story of two factions in an oncoming civil war on an autonomous island offshore of Gatito. (Open RP).
    The second RP, hosted by Topsail Empire, is an MT RP on the INWU MT map, called Alien Invasion.
    Citizens of Wintreath are invited to join both RPs, though the first one is much more easily adaptable to interregional RPers.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Official Diplomat from the INWU
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Just off-hand...you know Lazarus is being invaded, right? And that Stujenske has couped the region for the New Pacific Order of the Pacific. That's probably why your requests aren't being handled.

You should get in contact with the legitimate government, the Lazarus Underground State: http://s15.zetaboards.com/NSLazarus/index/

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • We are well aware of why Lazarus has not been handling our requests. But thank you for sharing the link to their legitimate government; we had not found out yet where to find it.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    PB
  • Paragons
  • So I've registered on your forum (same username as here) - would you like me to fill out an application for an embassy on your offsite forum?  I wasn't able to find a space for Wintreath (I also didn't look very hard :P ).
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • Thanks for making an account. Sorry you couldn't find the embassy - our forums are unusually cluttered, though we have been making an effort to clean them up a bit recently. The link to the Wintreath embassy on our offsite forums is this.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Thank you!
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • You're welcome!
    Resume
    Wintreath: (2020)
    Citizen

The North Pacific (TNP): (2018-2020)
    Minister of Radio (x2)
    Delegate of The North Pacific
    Minister of Communications x2
    Member of the Executive Staff
    Forum Mentor
    TNP Ambassador to Independent Order
    TNP Ambassador to Taijitu

International Northwestern Union (INWU): (2014-2018)
    World Assembly Delegate x4
    Minister of Foreign Affairs x2
    Contributor to The NorthWest Star

Strategos Prime (SP): (2013-2014)
    Minister of Science and Technology
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

Skyholder Aerospace Inc (SAI): (2013)
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter

• Hello all,

Sorry for no updates in a while, the region has been going through a quite busy time. I hope you can forgive us for not updating in over a month.

Now that we've gotten reacquainted with each other lets get down to the current events. First things first, the INWU has recently had an election. The positions up for vote were WAD, Chancellor, NFA membership and Minister of RP. Along with these were the appointments of the Minister of Foreign affairs and the INWU justices. After the polls were finished and the dust settled Topsail Empire became our new WAD, New Educandi became our new Chancellor, Celibrae became the next RP minister and Atlantica became a new NFA member along with Greater New Poland. After the election Topsail Empire appointed Estradia to the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Gatito, Mallaska, and Crumstain to the positions of Justices. This new administration will surely do great things for the INWU. As this election ends the other NFA election is approaching, everyone is most likely excited for more voting.

Another topics of discussion is the reinvigoration of the INWU's military. Renamed, "The Northwestern Dragoon Guards", the INWU military has successfully liberated  regions which were earlier invaded by raiders. Although the INWU military has yet to recapture any significant region, these 13 regions are a step in the right direction and will aid in putting the INWU on the public stage.

The last announcement has to do with the current RP's in the INWU. There has been a new RP created by New Educandi called Quest to take America. In this RP the federal government of the US has collapsed leaving many independent states in its wake. This RP focuses around Nations turned empires fighting for land and dominance over the US. This along with land grabs from both Australia and Mexico is expected to make for an invigorating RP filled with alliances, betrayals and proof that Kansas will always be irrelevant. All nations who want to join this RP are more than welcome to sign up on our off site forums located Here.
    Well, it looks like everything has been covered. Expect another update later in the month by one of the INWU's new ambassadors. It's been great catching up and the INWU hopes to continue its alliance with this region for month, and hopefully years, to come!

I also want to bring to your attention that Gatito has been appointed as the new ambassador to this region. We will work on getting him aquatinted with his new job as soon as possible.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter

• Greetings, people of Wintreath!
    I bring to you happy news! The International Northwestern Union is currently electing new government officials. Gatito have been named the new World Assembly Delegate. The election was extremely close, however Gatito was able to pull away in the end with a 27-24 victory. At the time of writing this, the Chancellor elections are underway. Like the WAD election, this is going to be a close one. The current candidates are Estradia, Grothbord, Mammo, and New Educandi, with the score at 14-1-0-13 respectively.
    The INWU is about to experience some changes. We've agreed to go through with our plan to abolish the regional legislature in favor of a direct democracy system. How we plan to do that is still up in the air.

Expect more frequent updates from your friends at the INWU! The new administration is making foreign affairs a priority, so we're very eager to restore relations with Wintreath!

Cheers,
    Gatito, Delegate Elect of the INWU
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the update...does that mean INWU will be considering the treaty we proposed nearly three months ago?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • I apologize for the delay, it took a surprisingly long time to find the answer to that question.

And yes, we will. The reason for its lack of addressing is because for over a year we've been running on a corrupt and highly inefficient legislature, which usually takes longer than three months to do basic actions. We are currently in the process of removing it. Once that is done, I will ensure that the treaty is on high priority to be addressed.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • I see there's been a change in tone with the new administration. :P

I would like to hear of some progress on this in the next few weeks. I still believe that a treaty makes sense, and I believe that it would bring good things to both our communities. But I do believe that I have been very patient. :P
    1 person likes this post: INWU Diplomat

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • I see there's been a change in tone with the new administration. :P

I would like to hear of some progress on this in the next few weeks. I still believe that a treaty makes sense, and I believe that it would bring good things to both our communities. But I do believe that I have been very patient. :P
    I'm glad you think that way - it means we're doing something right. I'm El Fiji Grande - this time as Minister of Foreign Affairs. I believe the treaty will be passed. The reason it has taken so long is due to (as Gatito explained) a highly inefficient and inactive legislature, and we soon hope to be switching over to some form of direct democracy. We'd like to start reconnecting our regions and becoming much more active interregionally, as we once were.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter
    INWU Diplomat
  • Village Drifter
  • The NFA has been abolished and the Wintreath Treaty is at vote. We will inform you of the result after the conclusion of the vote.
    INWU Diplomat
    • Village Drifter

Pages: [1] 2 3