Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Equinox

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Thanks for the update! It sounds like Equinox is as active as ever. :)

Guilds can negotiate their own treaties with regions? That's rather interesting...I'm curious though, what if a guild entered one treaty and the region entered the other, and the two conflicted in some event?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • Thanks for the update! It sounds like Equinox is as active as ever. :)

Guilds can negotiate their own treaties with regions? That's rather interesting...I'm curious though, what if a guild entered one treaty and the region entered the other, and the two conflicted in some event?

To be honest, that is something that I wouldn't know what would happen. I think we would cross that bridge if it happens. Which is why we rarely even flirt with the idea of region-to-region treaties, that include military clauses. We would rather our guilds forge those connections on their own.
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Some would claim that regional treaties with military clauses are required to be relevant in NS, but I'm not one of those people...it's obvious that what you're doing there is working. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • --snip--
    Am I still PNG from Equinox?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I believe the ban is still in place, but I wasn't around whenever that happened. Let me dig around and see what is in our forum records. Ill let you know if we decide to over-turn it :)
    Please keep me posted on this status

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • Please keep me posted on this status

Yes, Gov. Thanks for reminding me :)

Unfortunately, the ultimate decision on your un-banning would be in Falconias' hands. I doubt I need to remind you of how Falc thinks of you. If you would like I can ask him, but I doubt he would rule in your favor :( Which is sad, cause it seems that you have somewhat mellowed down since I last had an interaction with you.

Quote from: Wintermoot
    Some would claim that regional treaties with military clauses are required to be relevant in NS, but I'm not one of those people...it's obvious that what you're doing there is working. :P

Agreed. Which is why treaty talks region-to-region involving Equinox rarely go out of the "Hey, lets make a treaty" Skype convo. :P
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • When I was new to NS and President of Spiritus, I was led astray by people that claimed that a region needed to do this and that in order to be relevant and have people care about it, so I appreciate regions that are a bit off the beaten path. We seem to have our best relationships with those regions. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Please keep me posted on this status

Yes, Gov. Thanks for reminding me :)

Unfortunately, the ultimate decision on your un-banning would be in Falconias' hands. I doubt I need to remind you of how Falc thinks of you. If you would like I can ask him, but I doubt he would rule in your favor :( Which is sad, cause it seems that you have somewhat mellowed down since I last had an interaction with you.

Quote from: Wintermoot
    Some would claim that regional treaties with military clauses are required to be relevant in NS, but I'm not one of those people...it's obvious that what you're doing there is working. [emoji14]

Agreed. Which is why treaty talks region-to-region involving Equinox rarely go out of the "Hey, lets make a treaty" Skype convo. [emoji14]
    I've mellowed down a bit but the only reason I initially was banned was that Falc made personal attacks on my family while he was drunk and I called him out for it.  he even was following and possibly harassing my sister on Facebook and banned me when i wouldn't tolerate it.

go ahead and ask I guess.

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • If he really did that, why would you want to be in his region anyway? O_o

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter

• I've mellowed down a bit but the only reason I initially was banned was that Falc made personal attacks on my family while he was drunk and I called him out for it.  he even was following and possibly harassing my sister on Facebook and banned me when i wouldn't tolerate it.

I can't really comment on what happened between you two, as I wasn't in the admin staff when the ban happened, so I'm sorry you felt that is why you were banned.

I will catch Falc next time he is online and see what he says.
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • If he really did that, why would you want to be in his region anyway? O_o
    others are there

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • [big][big][big][big][big]You're Invited![/big][/big][/big][/big][/big]

All other priorities have been rescinded

Equinox will be hosting a game of Werewolves on Monday, September 21st. The theme? Star Trek - The Omega Directive. As you might know, Starfleet has just one thing that supercedes The Prime Directive - The Omega Directive. As soon as an Omega Molecule is detected by any Federation vessel, all other directives and protocols are rescinded, including The Prime Directive. With the Prime Directive rescinded, you and your fellow participants must find out who is trying to create an Omega molecule and destroy them (with their research) before it's too late. It may not be so easy though. The Romulans have contracted species of The Gamma Quadrant to conduct the research for them. Both The Federation and The Romulans are bent on finding the truth, whether it's to expose The Romulans or save one's self, the deed has to be done. The problem is, the scientist conducting the research has fled the research station. Both sides have detected signals from various locations on the planet the research is being conducted on. Which one of you is behind this forbidden science? Join us over in Equinox to find out!
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • An interesting theme, and one of the more enjoyable Voyager episodes. :P

Thanks for the invite! :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter

• November 4th, 2015 | Issue #5
    Current Regional Population: 400 (+30) | Current Delegate Endorsements: 77 (+5)
    Forum Posts: 250,914 (+6,224) | Forum Members: 1,007 (+52)

Chancellor: Asylum
    Founder: Falconias
    Secretary of Engagement: Katalina
    Secretary of Equinomics: Quinncunx
    Secretary of Lifestyle: Ceapoyce
    World Assembly Delegate: KevinWasserman

QUICK REGIONAL NEWS

-- The Forum Staff expanded recently with the addition of long-time Equinoxian Mekhet to the Moderator position, and a promotion of Moderator Viisbyax to Junior Admin. Link to Announcement

-- The Region held a Flag Contest to replace the old flag that was originally designed around the "Gaming and Lifestyle" forum that Founder Falconias intended this Equinox revival to be. After rounds of submissions, Chancellor Asylum's proposal was adopted as the new flag of the region. (See below)

-- One of the first acts as an elected Cabinet is to select a new member of the Equinox Hall of Fame. This time was different as the cabinet agreed to vote in one member/nation as well as one guild of Equinox's past. We were pleased to welcome Akrine and The Lords Guild into the Hall of Fame! Link to Announcement

-- A month after election the cabinet suffered a loss by wave of Secretary of Equinomics Cookiesurvival's resignation. In the election for cookie's replacement only one candidate was running at the end of the nomination period. Instead of dragging out the time for Quinncunx to take power, Chancellor Asylum issued Executive Order #002 to place Quinncunx into power without election. Cookiesurvival's Resignation -- Executive Order #002

-- The cabinet's woes continued on for a few weeks with inactivity plaguing Secretary of Lifestyle The Church of Satan, and the sudden disappearance of Secretary of Engagement yumyum36. Finally Chancellor Asylum acted and issued Executive Order #003. Effectly removing The Church of Satan and yumyum36 from their respective Secretary duties. Including with EO #003, it promoted past Secretary of Lifestyle and current Deputy Ceapoyce into the Secretary position. Executive Order #003

-- Executive Order #003 left the Secretary of Engagement position open for election. Veteran Hospitlar faced off with relatively new comer Katalina, both from the Guild of Doom. After the Guild Electoral College voted, Katalina secured the election 2-1, by having Guild of Doom and The Mafia back her candidacy, with Hospitlar securing the Artisan vote. Guild Leader Voting Center for Secretary of Engagement

-- Embassy Row grew by welcoming our friends from The Kingdom of Great Britain, ACA and Asgard!

-- An Equinox Tradition was revived with a small twist! Deputy Chancellor Quinncunx was tasked with bringing back the "Quadannual Silver Spork Awards", with a new name and a new award Quinncunx played host to the "Triannual Silver Shot Glass Awards!" Equinoxians were able to nominate and vote for their fellow Equinoxians on a host of awards, including "Member of the Term", "Guild of the Term", "Funniest Quote" and "Couple That Should Happen" Final List of the Winners!

-- For the month of September Equinox experience a sudden surge in activity and posts. September experienced over 5100 posts, which was the highest posts in one month since October 2010. The following month of October returned to the average posts of 1500-2000 per month since the revival occurred.

-- In order to drive up Equinomics importance and simplicity potential Residents are asked if they would like an account when they apply for Residency. Equinomics members have increased significantly since the policy went into place.

-- Role Play Pro, Captain Mordor, is creating a whole new world for Equinoxian Role Players to partake in. Currently under construction "Tales of Urdun" is expected soon! While fellow RPer BeoWulf (The Merry Gentleman) introduced a Post-Appoc RP that is called "Simple to play", "Downfall: The Plague"

-- Equinox celebrated the annual NationStates "Z-Day" by letting each nation decide what "Faction" to join. The Church of Zombie Overlords (COTZO), Equinox United for the Cure (EUC), and Zombie Eradication and Ravager Operation (ZERO). COTZO easily destroyed the other factions in route to a blowout victory for the zombies. Infection Rate: 99.4% (66.8 billion infected, 376 million survivors) was the finally tally, and further underlines the importance of coordination and forum joining as majority of the Equinox forum users were for COTZO. We look forward to next zombie day!

-- To somewhat capitalize on the activity that Z-Day presents, the cabinet threw together a Halloween Mini-Party where attendees answered quizzes about their survival in a zombie world, voted for their favorite costumes and what their favorite horror movie is.

-- In order to take the financial burden off just an individual or two for recruiting efforts, the Cabinet and Staff joined forces to increase the potential of NS Store donations by offering an Equin reward and placing more links around the forum to increase the likihood of donations. Donate Telegram Stamps!

-- Chancellor Asylum addressed the region's lack of motivation in his Midterm Address, trying to motivate residents into action for the benefit of Equinox. In the address he introduced two key policies that will be outlined below. Midterm Address

-- The Guild Tax is officially a thing after the Midterm Address. Guilds will automatically get a Equinomics account and will now be taxed a total of 250 Equins per month. If a guild fails to make a payment they will be closed. In order for the Guilds to combat this high tax, Tax Credits are given for certain requirements being met by forcing the guilds to provide activities and make a cultural impact on the region. In addition to Tax Credits, guilds can face fines from the Government, however no such fines have yet to be determined. List of Guild Tax Credits & Fines

-- Also in the Midterm Address was Executive Order #004. Which alters the Constitution into creating a Mid-term Approval Poll. Since terms of Government are 4 month periods of time, this Midterm Approval Poll will be started by the Forum Staff. If an elected official fails to meet a 50% approval or higher, they will be removed from office and the election process begins. Officials removed by these polls are barred from participating in the replacement election. The Constitutional Amendment is currently being voted on by the Guilds, needing 2 out of the 3 to approve of. The Mafia has voted in Favor of this Amendment, while Artisans and Guild of Doom have yet to vote. Amendment Guild Vote

GUILD POWER RANKINGS

Leaders: Hospitlar, Ceapoyce & Mekhet
    Members: 13 (+1)
    -- By winning the Guild of the Term at the Triannual Awards, and having Ceapoyce and Katalina secure the open Secretary spots were huge for Guild of Doom. Out of the 12 Government and Staff positions, Guild of Doom holds 6 of them.

Leader: Asylum
    Members: 13 (+2)
    -- With a renewed vigor Chancellor Asylum and newly elected Secretary of Equinomics Quinncunx lead the guild enough to claim the 2nd spot in the rankings. However their lack of raiding and disappearance of military leader Talidania has made The Mafia into a very shaky 2nd place.

Leader: Cookiesurvival
    Members: 7 (+1)
    -- While the Artisans claimed all the Secretary positions in the election they quickly lost all 3 spots by the end of October. This coupled with silence on the guild front has lead the guild to drop from 1st place to last. Hopefully guild leader Cookiesurvival and constant BeoWulf (The Merry Gentleman) can pull something out of the magic hat!
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the update! I have to admit, for some reason I didn't see that one had been posted until just now...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen

• I've mellowed down a bit but the only reason I initially was banned was that Falc made personal attacks on my family while he was drunk and I called him out for it.  he even was following and possibly harassing my sister on Facebook and banned me when i wouldn't tolerate it.

I can't really comment on what happened between you two, as I wasn't in the admin staff when the ban happened, so I'm sorry you felt that is why you were banned.

I will catch Falc next time he is online and see what he says.

so what did he say?

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns