Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5

Equinox

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • A very good thing...we're in the same boat. Other than for recent events judicial reform is more an academic exercise than an urgent need. :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • What did RGarnerGamer do offsite / on Skype to get banned?

Here is part of the statement that Falconias issued;

--Harassment of a female member of Equinox, both on the forums and on Skype
    --Hostility towards other members of Equinox
    --Abuse of mod powers - editing other members' posts, and deleting his own posts instead of holding himself accountable
    --Generally being an all-around asshat to people on the forums.

On top of that, several of our most active members complained about him and wanted to leave Equinox because of that.
    Does Equinox have a court system?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Kind of?

We have the Founder's Court, where Falconias serves as the Founder of Equinox. The Founder resolves disputes, law reviews, handles banning, etc.

He felt it best to just outright ban Garrett, without the chance of appeal due to the amounts of evidence against him.

The reason behind our Founder's Court system is to have a quicker system, and not have politics interfere. Equinox has always been more of a focus on our Lifestyle, culture and humor, rather than politics and debates. Its shown in our History as well, as we have had a Chief Justice/Court system before but it was one of much inactivity and never used much.

You then never gave him due process?

While it's unfortunate what he did, he should have been granted a trial.
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • Quote from: Gov

Equinox has always been a place that is under the rule of, "Don't be a dick", and we feel that RGarrettGamer crossed that line multiple times, breaking the Rights and Rules set forth by our Constitution.

Quote from: Equinox Consty, Article Four, Section Five
    Section Five- Any nation or member of Equinox and it's forums are further entitled to freedom of speech, freedom of beliefs, and a right to express these beliefs in a manner that is not distasteful, offensive or antagonizing.

As such, the Founder acted as what would be best for the region, and it's culture.  :)
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • A trial isn't the answer to everything...as I've tried to say during our own judicial system debates.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Quote from: Gov

Equinox has always been a place that is under the rule of, "Don't be a dick", and we feel that RGarrettGamer crossed that line multiple times, breaking the Rights and Rules set forth by our Constitution.

Quote from: Equinox Consty, Article Four, Section Five
    Section Five- Any nation or member of Equinox and it's forums are further entitled to freedom of speech, freedom of beliefs, and a right to express these beliefs in a manner that is not distasteful, offensive or antagonizing.

As such, the Founder acted as what would be best for the region, and it's culture.  :)
    While I get that, I still feel every person should have their right to due process

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • Quote from: Govindia
    While I get that, I still feel every person should have their right to due process

I feel differently in this case, it would have dragged it out, making it a more toxic environment for the region.

But I know from past experiences that I will not sway you from your opinion Gov, and you will not sway me from mine regarding this specific case :) So I think it would be best to just drop it :P

I wish the best of luck to Wintereath in deciding your Court System, can you post a link to where the debate is? I would like to watch from afar and see what you guys do!

As any further questions about Equinox I can help with?
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:59:48 PM by Asylum »
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • Equinox Q&A!

Q1: This is often asked in apps. What military stance does Equinox take?
    Equinox's government is strictly neutral, although its guilds (as of September 2015: Guild of Doom, the Artisans, the Mafia, and the Industrialists. The last being inactive.) can take any stance they wish.
    --
    Q2: How does stuff work in Equinox anyways? Who's in charge?
    - The Chancellor: is usually the one in charge, the one who approves and disbands the guilds, etc etc.
    - Secretary of Lifestyle: is typically in charge of games, spam, and roleplay. They can host, approve competitions and events as well. The Secy of Lifestyle is the Judge in the Fake Court Rooms until their term ends, so any disputes, serious or satire are presented to them.
    - Secretary of Engagement: In charge of recruiting efforts, mentoring and engaging of new Residents to Equinox.
    - Secretary of Equinomics: In charge of the forum's economy and monetary system.
    --
    Q3: Who are the Equinox bighats? Who's in charge?
    Chancellor: Asylum
    Founder: Falconias
    Secretary of Engagement: yumyum36
    Secretary of Equinomics: cookiesurvival
    Secretary of Lifestyle: The Church of Satan
    Delegate: KevinWasserman
    http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=424658
    --
    Q4: How many members are there?
    Approximately 362, the 29th most in NationStates.
    --
    Q5: When was Equinox founded?
    June 21st, 2008, by Falconias.
    --
    Q6: Do we have offsite forums?
    Why yes. Yes we do. http://s4.zetaboards.com/EquinoxNS/index/

Any other questions ask below!

Thanks for having us here!
    2 people like this post: yumyum36, Emoticonius
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Drexyl Nox
  • Citizen
  • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
  • Nox needs to coup Equinox
    Drexyl Nox
    • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
    • Axolotl Friend
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Equinox Q&A!

Q1: This is often asked in apps. What military stance does Equinox take?
    Equinox's government is strictly neutral, although its guilds (as of September 2015: Guild of Doom, the Artisans, the Mafia, and the Industrialists. The last being inactive.) can take any stance they wish.
    --
    Q2: How does stuff work in Equinox anyways? Who's in charge?
    - The Chancellor: is usually the one in charge, the one who approves and disbands the guilds, etc etc.
    - Secretary of Lifestyle: is typically in charge of games, spam, and roleplay. They can host, approve competitions and events as well. The Secy of Lifestyle is the Judge in the Fake Court Rooms until their term ends, so any disputes, serious or satire are presented to them.
    - Secretary of Engagement: In charge of recruiting efforts, mentoring and engaging of new Residents to Equinox.
    - Secretary of Equinomics: In charge of the forum's economy and monetary system.
    --
    Q3: Who are the Equinox bighats? Who's in charge?
    Secretary of Equinomics: cookiesurvival
    Delegate: KevinWasserman
    http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=424658
    --
    Q4: How many members are there?
    Approximately 362, the 29th most in NationStates.
    --
    Q5: When was Equinox founded?
    June 21st, 2008, by Falconias.
    --
    Q6: Do we have offsite forums?
    Why yes. Yes we do. http://s4.zetaboards.com/EquinoxNS/index/

Any other questions ask below!

Thanks for having us here!
    Am I still PNG from Equinox?

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • --snip--
    Am I still PNG from Equinox?

I believe the ban is still in place, but I wasn't around whenever that happened. Let me dig around and see what is in our forum records. Ill let you know if we decide to over-turn it :)
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • I wouldn't hold my breath, though. :P

So I'm curious...what does Equinox offer that no other region does? I like to ask this of every region. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • I wouldn't hold my breath, though. :P

So I'm curious...what does Equinox offer that no other region does? I like to ask this of every region. :P

Should I just give the standard, "Our community" answer? :P

I think Equinox's unique offer is our guild system.

Back in the day, 2008-2010, Equinox was home to the Axiom Guild, who's defender military Crusaders of Justice was very active and home to many defenders like Joshua for example. At that same time several guilds cycled in and out that actively raided.

These days we have The Mafia which is raiding, and we also have a guild planning a defending military.

What makes us unique is that we are a place where defenders, raiders, gameplayers, roleplayers, whatever, can come together and build a community and region that is home to all types of NS-players. In my long time in Nationstates, I haven't really seen a region house such a diverse player-base like Equinox has/had before.
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • That's a good point...there are a few regions that are genuinely welcoming to all alignments, including our own, but I can't think of any other region that can give someone of any alignment full R/D opportunities...we have the Skydande Vakt which is open to all Citizens, but it's mainly for public piling operations. It's kinda ironic, since I would venture that there are as many if not more imperialists as defenders in the region nowadays.

Does having people in different guilds that oppose each other on the battlefield create any sort of tension in the region? Also, I'm not sure if Equinox does treaties, but would treaties have any effect on guilds...I mean, such as a defensive pact or non-aggression pact?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter
  • That's a good point...there are a few regions that are genuinely welcoming to all alignments, including our own, but I can't think of any other region that can give someone of any alignment full R/D opportunities...we have the Skydande Vakt which is open to all Citizens, but it's mainly for public piling operations. It's kinda ironic, since I would venture that there are as many if not more imperialists as defenders in the region nowadays.

Does having people in different guilds that oppose each other on the battlefield create any sort of tension in the region? Also, I'm not sure if Equinox does treaties, but would treaties have any effect on guilds...I mean, such as a defensive pact or non-aggression pact?

Tensions not really. If anything its more of a competition, a friendly one at that too :)

Equinox is open to treaties, doing a joint festival, etc.

For military purposes the most I can see us doing, is saying that we recognize a legitimate government's power, and would commit our guild militaries if a situation occurred much like the Lazarus/NLO/NPO situation.

However, if a guild wants a treaty with a region they are free to negotiate with foreign powers, but any treaty a guild makes does not apply to the whole region and it's other guilds.
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter
    Asylum
  • Village Drifter

• September 8th, 2015 | Issue #4
    Current Regional Population: 370 (+38) | Current Delegate Endorsements: 72 (+14)
    Forum Posts: 244,804 (+2,677) | Forum Members: 955(+25)

Secretary of Equinomics: Cookiesurvival
    World Assembly Delegate: KevinWasserman

QUICK REGIONAL NEWS

-- The Senate of Equinox was dissolved after a Constitutional Amendment was introduced and passed by the Senate with a 2-0 Vote. Inactivity had plagued the legislative body since it's birth, and the Amendment was quickly approved of by the guilds, with 3 out of 4 supporting. The Guild's Announce their supporting of the Senate being dissolved.

-- The Arena of Role Play has been getting more attention than ever before in Equinox. Thrilling Role Plays lead by new comer BeoWulf, such as Ethereal Stores: The Celestial Lands have racked up 57 replies and over 400 views. We are very excited about the growth in Role Play and are looking forward to what our new found skills can bring us!

-- As the End of the Term came about in late August, Chancellor Asylum made public a Google Survey, asking the Residents how the past term had gone for the region. Several questions were asked and the results were overall positive. The public results were just posted today.

-- The Guild System of Equinox has always been it's most unique feature of the region. What other region do you find a system similar? Not too many. However it suffered a bit, losing two guilds that had a promising start but fell into inactivity. The Scooby Gang, was ordered closed after it fell below the minimum number of Resident's needed to stay open. And during the recent Resident Cleanse, 2/3 Industrialists Members lost Residency in the region.

-- While the fall of Scooby Gang and Industrialists was a downside, a new guild powerhouse was created in Artisans. Created and formed by a coalition of new Residents to Equinox, it quickly flexed it's power and creativity in the region's elections. Check out Artisans guild application form!

-- The Guild Electoral College was super busy this time around with the elections in full swing. While Chancellor Asylum, Secretary of Engagement yumyum36 and Secretary of Equinomics all won their tricky un-opposed elections, each having 3 guilds vote in their support. The elections of Secretary of Lifestyle was the one to watch, with newcomers The Church of Satan, and BeoWulf challenging Ceapoyce for her Secretary job. At the end of the voting period, CoS, Ceapoyece and the Forfeit Vote all had one guild vote for each other, forcing a tie. Whenever a tie occurs in the Guild Electoral College it becomes a 24-hour Public vote of Residents, between Ceapoyce and The Church of Satan. However not even 2 hours into the vote, Ceapoyce resigned her candidacy, giving The Church of Satan the job! You can see the full results in the announcement topic!

-- One telling comment from a new Equinoxian, lead Senior Admin Asylum to remove the Profile Awards that displayed in the profiles of Equinox Hall of Famers, Stamp senders, and former WA Delegates. Trying to combat the notion that Equinox is home to a too tight knit group of players that shun new comers.

-- Chancellor Asylum, who leads the Foreign Affairs efforts of the region, recently expanded the department to include a wider range of regions, on size, military alignment and more. Doing so to prove that Equinox truly is a neutral region that is friends with all types of regions. Upwards to 15 new regions were contacted to open an embassy exchange with. To our new embassies out there! Hello from Equinox :D !

-- Chancellor Asylum's first act of his second-consectutive term as Chancellor was the issuing of an Executive Order. EO #001, established the Deputy Program. Allowing each Department Head to hire Residents to help with their work load. Chancellor Asylum hired two Deputies himself, Hospitlar and Quinncunx to help with his aggressive goals this term. While Secretary of Lifestyle The Church of Satan hired RP-expert BeoWulf, to help with the activities of Lifestyle.

QUICK GUILD NEWS

-- Artisans begin to establish their identity, as they have the 3 Secretary positions, and begin to flirt with the idea of creating a defender-aligned military to rival the raiding efforts of The Mafia.

-- Guild of Doom has been revamped by the return of the guild's founder, Hospital. With members adopting villain avatars and themes more.

-- The Mafia recently surpassed 300 regions raided, and have recently captured their own regional jump-point in the late updating region of Luna Lup.

GUILD POWER RANKINGS

Leader: Cookiesurvival
    Members: 6
    -- In the past election the guild secured all three Secretary positions despite the guild being less than 2 weeks old. Very impressive. If the rumors and debates about creating a Defender military are true, it would be great for the guild but also the region.

Leader: Hospitlar, Ceapoyce & Mekhet
    Members: 12
    -- If Hospitlar hadn't returned and lit a fire under the guild then they would have been dead last. By creating their own spam section for themselves, and adopting a theme of avatars. Guild of Doom looks alive and spunky once again.

Leader: Asylum
    Members: 11
    -- With the return of a former Famiglia member of Quinncunx, the Mafia can expect an increase of activity on the forums. Off the forums they have kept busy with raiding, recently aiding in the DEN occupation of Japan.
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:16:17 PM by Asylum »
    Hierarch of Equinox
    Asylum
    • Village Drifter

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5