Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7

The Chilly Bard Writing Corner

Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Queen of Love and Beauty
  • Super tired t... trying something out.

One Glimpse, One Ray of Hope
    The mist surrounds me and I take a step then one then two and find myself in a place a broken place a place i should not be. I search about in panic for one glimpse one ray of hope. And finding none I run fleet as I am I cannot seem to put one inch of distance between myself and the encroaching ensnaring entreating ensemble in all its enshrouded forms of encircling mist.  I hit a wall I find a path I see a way forward through the trees perhaps perhaps this path will not end with 3 sides surrounded as once before a dead end. The trees hurt to touch I cannot escape the mist it obscures and hides the path before and the path behind and where will I go there is nowhere to go how can I go where can i go to find one glimpse one ray of hope.

I find it, and I see it, it expands and clears away the mist, and I glory in the clarity it brings. Revel in its idyllic glow for a time.
    Then that time ends.

and the mists return from their all too short a burn to shroud my eyes from the next turn I find myself floundering and wonder if there is any relationship between the mist and the light between darkness and night perhaps they conspire. Errant thoughts shatter and split some strike home on misty foam but some strike clear through my salvation and I wonder if my one glimpse one ray of hope will someday become one last glimpse or one last ray or one last hope. It's really hard to see the truth sometimes.
    Evelynx
    • Queen of Love and Beauty
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I went ahead and merged this with the poetry thread that we have.  All of the Art forum topics fell into here including this one.  :)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • The Chilly Bard Poetry Corner: Now with Writing!
    I would love some help writing this, its done, but any editing would be appreciated. I've written this for my project in World Religions where I had to make a totem pole and write a story about it :)
    Six Totems
    Long ago, people lived in the forest in harmony with animals. They ate only the wild berries and plants that grew on the ground but they were different from the other animals, they were blessed by the spirits. It was decided amongst the animals that a few of them would give a gift to the humans because of this blessing given to them.

First came the salmon and it said to the humans “I will give you the ability to fish for my kin, for the spirits have blessed you and this is our call. Every year at a certain time we shall run in the rivers and you shall know how to catch us. For you are blessed by the spirits and this is our call.” And so they knew.

And so every year the humans would go and collect the fish in their baskets, and would bring them back to their homes and were happy with this gift given to them by the salmon. Every year they erected a statue in their honour and the salmon were pleased by this.

Then the crane came to them and said “I shall give to you the ability to speak to one another, so that you may communicate like the rest of us. For you are blessed by the spirits and this is our call.” and so they knew.

And so every year, they would sing their praises to the crane and thank them for their gift, they would work to make each festival for them more and more elaborate and the cranes were pleased.

Then the seal came and said to them, “I will teach you how to fish from the sea, so you may eat more of its bounty then just the salmon. For you are blessed by the spirits and this is our call”

And so every year they would create a statue of the seal, and put it out to sea in their honour, but while doing this they forgot to honour the salmon, who had honoured them with its bounty. And the seals were pleased but the salmon were not.

And so the salmon came to them again and said, “We have honoured you with our bounty, and you take it, but do not honour us in return, instead you honour the seal in the same way which you honoured us. Me and my kin shall still run through the rivers, but we shall not give ourselves to you like we did before, for you have dishonoured us.”

Then, the ox came to the humans and said, “I will teach you how you may plant fields of greens and grow crops so that you may never go hungry. We shall labour in your fields and be happy for your care. For you are blessed by the spirits and this is our call” and so they knew.

And so the humans sang to the ox and gave him praise every night, and burnt a small part of the crops they were given by them as an offering, but while doing this they forgot to honour the crane, who had honoured them. And the ox was pleased but the crane was not.

And so the crane came to them and said, “You have not honoured me for many years, though you honour the ox greatly. I can not take my gift away, but from now on you shall speak many different languages, each tribe shall speak its own tongue from here on, for you have dishonoured us.”

Then the elk came to them and said, “I will give you great strength and bravery, I will appoint leaders amongst you who have been given more of this then the rest of you and show you who is among that group.” and so they knew

And so every year, they would build a great statue of the elk, and leave it in the forest for them to look on, but while doing this, they forgot to honour the seal who had honoured them.

And so the seal came to them and said, “My kin give to you greatly, but you do not honour us anymore. All of your praise is heaped on the elk and you have dishonoured us. From now on, us our kin shall take every measure to escape from your nets and hooks, for you have dishonoured us.”

Then the bear came to them and said “I will give to you the bounty of the forest and all its creatures. You shall never go hungry again and the forest shall provide all you need. For you are blessed by the spirits and this is our call.”

And so every year they would sing great praises to the bear, and give to them their crops in ceremony, which they only grew for such purposes anymore. And the bear was pleased by the ox was not.

And so the ox came to them and said “We have not been honoured by your kind anymore. You burn the fields we gave you in honour of the bear but not in us. From now on, we shall no longer work at your pleasure but must be forced to do so, weeds will invade your plants and they will thirst for water, for you have dishonoured us.”

And so the humans, not wanting to see this cycle continue, where blessings were met with curses, got together to devise a plan. They created the first totem, depicting every animals so that none would feel dishonoured, and every animal was honoured and gave blessings in return.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:50:54 AM by Samwise Gamgee »
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • I wanna post writing too, this is the first draft and it's not finished but, idk I just wanna put it out there. Is it crap? You betcha!

Spoiler
    Just because you can look with your eyes, does not mean you can see with them too. You’re eyes may be able to look at something, but as they really seeing it? Eyes are fickle little things, glancing over what is really there, never really seeing the world beyond what they look at. But, then you might ask, ‘Is there really a difference? Are they both just synonyms of each other?’ To which the answer is; no. Take a glance around the room you happen to be in, just a small look, don’t linger too long. You might see a chair, a table, perhaps a bed? Now, take a closer look, see. Did you perhaps notice there might be a stain on your table, a bit of dust on your reading device, perhaps the death in your reflection? Most likely, not. That is why, you must be careful, because if you do not see enough, you’ll only ever look at what isn’t as important, as what may lie underneath.

A withered, old lady was walking down a rugged, gravel path. She had somewhat long greying hair, though if you ask her, she’d tell you her hair was once as bright as the sun. On her person was a brown shawl, and in her arms, was a small bab, and a basket was on her elbow. The elder moved somewhat slowly, taking her time as she moved through the road slowly, making her way to what appeared to be a large, lush forest up ahead. When, suddenly, the baby started to gurgle, as a small bird had just flown overhead, and the small one had found that to, apparently be amusing, and started to coo a little.

“Little Lukas, I know you are growing impatient, but we are nearly there.” Spoke the grey one, before then giving the baby a small, affectionate pat on the cheek. The light buble haired baby just let out another incoherent gurgle of sorts, it was quite a lovely baby. Within a few moments of that being spoken, she had reached the edge of the forest, and slowly started to walk in. “I know the forest is dark, small Lukas, but granny Silje will protect you from all the monsters.”

After a good ten minute, slow walk, Silje had reached a small clearing in the forest. Walking over to a broken down, slightly rotting stump in the forest, she set the boy wrapped in a bright yellow blanket, right onto the stump. “You know granny would never hurt you, unless she absolutely had to, right?” She suddenly asked aloud as she set down the basket next to the stump as well. Of course, the infant didn’t respond, instead choosing to babble quietly and mindlessly.

With that, the older woman than took a shaky seat next to the stump, and carefully pulled the basket over, taking the small white cloth that covered it up, and pulling it back a bit. Carefully, then pulling out a clump of moss, how odd. “I’m going to wet this with liquid Meonz, alright? It’s a fae substance, not that any fae would dare live in these parts. I had to do a lot to get this, so please hold still when I wipe it on you.” As if the baby could even understand what she was saying, but perhaps it just helped her subconscious in the long run.

Pulling out a small, tube of black speckled pink goo like liquid, she quickly uncapped it, and a smell that can be described as roses and chocolate pudding wafering out from the opening, giving the surrounding air a sweet aroma.
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh hey this is a neat thread! I posted one like it a while ago but got nervous and made Moot delete it, but now that someone else has taken the initative I feel a bit more comfortable posting.

This is a really old poem I wrote, I'll post some more recent ones soonish.

Partition of the Mind (2014)
    a portrait is painted in the clouds
    of happiness far away
    i remain staring from the ground
    my thoughts ever far and grey

so far away, i'm stranded from this
    this school of thought of common man
    partition the mind, divide into two
    what they told me i could and i can

monochrome eyes see monochrome skies
    in a world of color (so i'm told)
    lifting the cover i see through and find
    lies, blanketed and ever-old

i traverse the bright, city night lights
    dig my nails into the tree bark
    in nighttime solitude feels so right
    definition of life made stark

under full moon's realm i can see the spheres
    the souls of those who depart
    cricket's chirp the meaning in my ears
    my mind; reality now apart

schizoid reality truer than life
    vision of monuments' dread
    so far after the years of their strife
    when all of mankind is dead

it is within this lockbox impure
    i store my thoughts of past years
    as i open my mind to endure
    life; revealed to my eyes as fear

Camera (August 2015)
    light flickers on; all is quiet.
    camera watches close but hides it
    human presence in the room
    it emanates a quiet gloom

no shape no form just shadows passing.
    aura grey but nothing lasting
    television screen is on
    jumbled white noise, wordless calm

movement patterns, door is open.
    trappings scattered, lifeless motion
    shuffling, shuffling out from sleep
    though always partially still in dream

light flickers off; quiet sounds.
    camera captures, clicking now
    human presence out of sight
    downstairs dim computer light

day after day quiet routine.
    blending together no tears and no seams
    human presence fully absent
    cannot feel a thing what is this

no point of view god what am i.
    an i or eye or a camera's sight
    someone downstairs writes these words
    something downstairs nothing more

light flickers on; all is quiet.
    camera watches close but hides it
    mysterious presence in the room
    though less a room than aging tomb
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:35:43 AM by Bodobol »
    Bodobol
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • It's probably crap but oh well

Spoiler
    Pain is like a candle, flickering in and out, burning up its host, melting it like ice in the springtime. It never truly leaves, the wicker is still there, after all, waiting to be flamed once more. How does pain make us better people, how does it help at all? We still do things that hurt us, we attack each other like dogs in the pound, we still spit words like venom that burns our tongues and and singes our ears. Why don’t people stand up?

It’s because people are weak, ignorant, fools. ‘It’ll get better, just you see, everything is going to be alright!’ They sing into your singed and tattered ears, whilst also attaching strings to your wrists and feet, double knotting them so that their virtues may never turn to vice, puppeting you along. Behind their honey words and facades of joyful times, are the fangs and swords that hurt us, tear us limb from limb, drink our blood, and burn us up inside.

But, it’s alright, let sleeping dogs lie, we all end up as karmatic bastards at the end of the day.

Stepping off of the metal coffin, or maybe metal Hell would be a better name, the world had changed. Was this the true world, or was it simply another perspective? Change your perspective, and the world around you begins to morph into another's Hell, after all. No world, no place, no land is ever really happy, just some are better at being content than others.

The train station was bare, yet at the same time, fuller than anyone could ever imagine. Full of fear, full of hatred, full of whims and woes. There were no metal turnstiles, no men on phones with briefcases, women pulling children along through the crowds, none of that in this land. Only dirty, concrete flooring, dirty walls, deathly people, a moving deathbed, and a map. Yes, a map was strapped to the wall with nails, but it was rather faded and dirted, it would be of little to no use.

As people were ushered out of the train station, moving towards large doors on one end, it was rather a site to see. Looks of anguish, confusion, vileness, and all the colors that may lay betwixt. Sasha continued to hold Deviant’s hand as they moved with the crowd, looking straight forward, not wanting to look at anyone in the face. She did not want to wind up a puddle of sopping tears upon the dirty floor, after all, as she felt that if she looked at someone in the face, she might break a bit more, and that would cause the dam to flood.

One would think the people would try to rush back into the train, as though they were the Romans running from the fire of the lyre, but alas, it seems even then, the most ignorant baffoon knew there was no escaping this fate. They simply marched on, doing as they were told, good and faithful children.

Eventually, Sasha and her boy made it out from the train station, and it seems then, the guards just let people wander. The city...was about as appealing as a rotten piece of fruit was. Broken skyscrapers, or maybe hope scrapers would be a better word now, the streets filled with the filth of humanity, a few limbs could even be seen sticking out from alleyways. Drunks? Dead people? Discarded limbs? Neither youths had the time to piddle about and wonder. A couple of people seemed to be heading off on their own, but most seemed to be going in a general direction. Where would these people be going?

Time to follow, then. Sasha gave a small tug to Deviant’s wrist and beckoned him to still follow, although his somewhat hopeless gaze had been fixed on a red splat that gave the grey city a bit of color on the road. Blood, juice, maybe even dreams? Who knew what it was. Either way, they must move on, continue to follow.

She didn’t know what to expect, she wasn’t tall enough to stand above others to see where they were headed, sadly. But, she wondered, did she really want to see where they were going? Sasha then decided; probably not. They were all in the same boat now, though, birds of feather flock together, after all. Not many spoke as they walked, many looking as though they were now being put into their grave, stoney and cold. Why speak? No one spoke at funerals, and this was everyone’s funeral now, or so it seemed.

There were no lights in many buildings that they passed, like hope snuffed out, a dark world. However, just because no one was talking and the city was dark, did not mean the world was quiet. The wind still blew, the shoes still made sound upon the pavement, there could still be whispers heard in the allies. Oh, yes, many whispers. And laughter, but not a tinkerbell laughter, but ones that sounded hounded by voices in their heads, that sounded deranged and haunted by madness and internal, repressed sadness.
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Since I encourage writing in all forms, I'm going to go ahead and change the name to The Chilly Bard Writing Center, so as to include scripts (play and screenwriting), musical lyrics, and stories.

Naturally, I also merged all of the various story/fanfic threads into this one, and just put the story-posts into spoiler tags.
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:41:28 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Inspired by Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
    Martyrs of the Revolution
    To grasp or not to grasp, that is the question.
    Cessation of hostilities, be pressed by the loss of lives.
    Deem me an idealist if you must, but amiss indeed,
    That is of this situation. I distrust not of your wisdom,
    But of the sculpture that spumes blood in its ducts.
    Oh how I scorn the relics of the past,
    unswerving hearts that clutch the ideals of peerlessness.
    I cannot help, but despair at the air of despondencies,
    For every sound that rose, was a sigh of anguish.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • An Essay

Ahh college essays.  Fun times, fun times :)
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:00:22 AM by BraveSirRobin »
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Seroim
  • Former Citizen
  • Let me contribute.

A "chilly bard" is called a skald.

You're welcome.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Seroim
    • The Court Derpster
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Sirius Frost
  • Former Citizen
  • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
  • Condensed this little song I made into a little bar so it isn't so intrusive.

Spoiler
    What Do You Want To Be Endelav Kortz?
    In The Style Of The Village People
    by Sirius Frost

Where can you find pleasure?
    Search the world for treasure?
    Where can you call the police?
    Make your dreams all come true?
    Where can you murder that man?

In Russia!
    Yes, you can call the police!
    In Russia!
    Yes, you can murder that man!
    In Russia!
    Come on now Endelav Kortz, make a stand.
    In Russia!

Endelav Kortz, call the police.
    I said, Endelav Kortz, murder that man.

It's insanity to laugh in Russia.

They have a mobile phone,
    You can call the police.

They have a razor sharp knife,
    You can murder that man.

Endelav Kortz, are you listening to me?
    I said, Endelav Kortz, what do you want to be?
    I said, Endelav Kortz, you can make real your dreams.
    But you got to know this one thing:

You are an insane man.

And...

1 person likes this post: Wintermoot
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:21:35 PM by Sirius Frost »
    Together we Fight, Together we Die.
    Sirius Frost
    • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
    • The Leader of TOTALITE
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Sirius Frost
  • Former Citizen
  • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
  • Insanely sorry for not condensing this, I was trying to find out how to and accidentally pressed post, once more. A million apologies.
    Sirius Frost
    • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
    • The Leader of TOTALITE
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • Cormac-coup
    A revision of a jingle from the Chicken-Boo skits on Animaniacs

♪ Cormac-coup what's the matter with you ♪
    ♪ You don't act like the other natives do ♪
    ♪ You wear a disguise to look like Pharaoh guys ♪
    ♪ But you're not a Pharaoh you're a Cormac-coup ♪

::)
    2 people like this post: Sirius Frost, Bodobol
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Sirius Frost
  • Former Citizen
  • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
  • This is a conversation between an insane man and his doctor.

Spoiler
    Doctor, You Know When You Died Beautifully?
    A Drabble
    by Sirius Frost

"Doctor, what do you think of Razor knifes?"
    "Er... I don't know sir."
    "What about my pointy spikes? Some say they're like a psychopathic dog."
    "Um..."
    "Do you think my turret is like a sharp blade?"
    "Where on earth did you hear a thing like that?"
    "The Dentist says that my civilians are like a murderous torch that likes smiling devilishly whilst waving its neck."
    "That's... um... nice. Perhaps we should talk about something else now."
    "You know when you died beautifully? I heard it was like calmly laughing."
    "Oh look, snow outside!"
    "But Doctor, I am a Murderer!"
    (Crash!)
    Sirius Frost
    • The Hero of T.U.G.A.N.
    • The Leader of TOTALITE
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This is a conversation between an insane man and his doctor.

Spoiler
    Doctor, You Know When You Died Beautifully?
    A Drabble
    by Sirius Frost

"Doctor, what do you think of Razor knifes?"
    "Er... I don't know sir."
    "What about my pointy spikes? Some say they're like a psychopathic dog."
    "Um..."
    "Do you think my turret is like a sharp blade?"
    "Where on earth did you hear a thing like that?"
    "The Dentist says that my civilians are like a murderous torch that likes smiling devilishly whilst waving its neck."
    "That's... um... nice. Perhaps we should talk about something else now."
    "You know when you died beautifully? I heard it was like calmly laughing."
    "Oh look, snow outside!"
    "But Doctor, I am a Murderer!"
    (Crash!)
    How do you think up this stuff, out of curiosity? :P

Cormac-coup
    A revision of a jingle from the Chicken-Boo skits on Animaniacs

♪ Cormac-coup what's the matter with you ♪
    ♪ You don't act like the other natives do ♪
    ♪ You wear a disguise to look like Pharaoh guys ♪
    ♪ But you're not a Pharaoh you're a Cormac-coup ♪