Pages: [1] 2 ... 7

The Chilly Bard Writing Corner

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Hello there, everyone!  Since we don't have an art forum, I thought I'd branch out our Poetry thread into a Writing thread.  So if you have musical lyrics poetry, stories (short or ongoing novel forms), scripts (screenplays/theatrical plays), or anything of the like that falls into the written art, you're more than welcome to submit them here.  :)
    -Pengu
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:57:00 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • This is a story I've been very slowly working on for almost 8-9 years now.  It's been through countless re-writes and edits, and this is the form it has at the moment in which I'm satisfied with.

A note: There are 3 different "perspectives" or what have you in this story: The dream world (noted in just italics), the real world (noted in plain font), and the "other" world (noted in Georgia italic with the traditional fantasy element of the larger beginning letter).
    Prologue
    Prologue

The night sky sparkled as a trail of stars flew up to join their friends, dancing on the gentle wind that was guiding them.  The stars seemed to be coming from a plant that had stars attached to it like a dandelion.  The source of the gentle wind had come from a young woman with pure white wings holding the plant towards the celestial night sky, guiding the stars to their new home.  Dropping the now star-less plant to the ground below, the woman turned and and walked slowly away from the balcony with a sense of relief on her face.  As she left, a middle-aged winged man had made his way up the stairs to repeat the same ritual with his plant.

It was the night of the Celestial Ceremony.  It was tradition for each citizen to grab a plant known as a Star Blossom, make a line spanning from the far end of the temple all the way into the city, hold the blossom up high at the center of the Celestial Balcony, and guide the stars to the sky.  It was a ceremony of great importance to the Alethians as they believed that if every citizen participated, they would continue to be blessed by the Goddess.

The line moved slowly as each person eagerly awaited their turn.  The Alebirds—beautiful multicolored birds—sat majestically and watched as the line of winged people moved.  These birds were the symbol of the city as well as its watchers.  In their normal state, they would let out a simple “coo” that was said to warm the heart.  If they sensed danger, however, they would let out a screech loud enough to alert people a good mile away.

On this very night, their screeches would be one of the last sounds to fill the air.

One particularly eager young man waited impatiently as the line in the temple moved at the same slow pace.  His fingers danced and trembled as he clutched his Star Blossom tightly in his hands.  This was his first ceremony, as one had to touch the waters of adulthood before they were able to cross into the Celestial Balcony.

The young man couldn’t take it anymore as he leaned forward slightly to whisper to the older woman in front of him.  “This is so exciting!  I can’t wait until it’s my turn,” he whispered with a sense of glee in his voice.   A warm smile appeared on the old woman’s wrinkled face as she turned her head just slightly.  “First time, eh?” she asked in a voice as warm as the smile she had.  “Oh yes.  I wanted to do it last year, but I didn’t have my birthday in time.” The young man replied disappointingly as the old woman let out a small chuckle.  “Well, it’s good to have you with us.”  She said simply as she faced forward and took a step.

The young man didn’t step in time with the rest, and the man standing behind him accidentally bumped into him.  This seemed to startle the young man as the Star Blossom unknowingly slipped from his hands and onto the ground.  As the young man’s foot landed on the ground in an effort to keep him balanced, it landed right on the forgotten flower.  As his foot stepped on it, the stars began to fall off and turn to ash as they touched the ground.   As the final star fell and blackened, the plant itself withered and blackened itself, having nothing left on it.

Screech! Screech!”  The sound of the Alebirds penetrated the silent temple.  Almost in complete unison, the heads of everyone in line turned towards the direction of the screeches.  Even the current Star-blower stopped and looked ahead towards the direction of the sky sanctuary, the other nesting place of the Alebirds.

The next sound came only seconds after the screeching had started.  Despite the vastness of the Prayer Chamber, the amount of distance between the sound’s source and the line of people, and even the large statue of the goddess in the center…the sound seemed to have been heard by all that were in the chamber.  It was a loud “crash!” coming from the most sacred part of the temple, the Blessed Chamber.
    This chamber was the most sacred place in the temple for one reason: it was the reason the city of Alethia could remain floating in the sky.  In this chamber were several elders surrounding a golden pedestal.  On this pedestal rested an emerald jewel that contained the magic of the Goddess.  The elders would pray to this jewel nonstop, for their prayers kept the magic of the jewel alive…and its magic was what kept Alethia in the air.

One of the nearby soldiers ran to the doors leading to the Blessed Chamber as other soldiers followed in close watch.  The people in line clutched their blossoms tightly as they stood frozen in their spots, watching the soldiers rush to the doors.  Working together to open the large stone doors, the soldiers made their way into the chamber…but stopped within mere seconds.  Some hesitated to move forward, and some had even left to find help when they had seen what greeted them in the chamber.

Lying on the ground were the elders, lifeless and surrounded by blood.  Matters began even more grave when eyes moved from the dead bodies to the pedestal in the center of the room: the sacred jewel that once shone brightly was absent…meaning the magic keeping the city in the sky was also gone.

During this time, the old woman had noticed it almost immediately; the Star Blossom in the eager young man’s hands was also gone.  The color flushed from her face when she had looked down to see the withered and ashy black remains near his feet.  Her mouth trembled slightly at this sight, realizing what it must have meant.

As the soldiers ran out shouting about the elders’ murder and the jewel theft, the old woman pointed her stubby finger at the young man.  “T-this is your fault…” she said in a quivering voice.  She walked up to him, her nose close to touching his chest and her eyes, blaring with a newly found hatred, fixated on his.  “They’re all dead because of you,” she hissed.  The young man backed away, taken back by this accusation.  “This happened because of you!” she screamed in a menacing voice far different than the gentle, warm voice from before.

A soldier had quickly made his way towards the commotion and put himself between the two, keeping the old woman a distance away.  “That’s enough!” the soldier ordered, but the old woman wouldn’t have it.  “If he hadn’t dropped his Star Blossom, this wouldn’t have happened!” she shouted, pointing to the remains on the floor.  She then went back to pointing her accusatory finger at the young man as she continued on.  “Every citizen has to do the ceremony!  EVERY CITIZEN!  He’s a bad omen on us all!” she screamed as others who had seen the remains had joined in with their own remarks.

“Dammit, where’s the captain?!” the soldier asked as another (as others had joined in as the angry crowd grew) answered.  “He’s outside evacuating everyone, sir!” “Well get him in here before we have a riot on our hands!” the commanding soldier ordered as the other made his way through the crowd and out of the temple.

The temple courtyard was unusually empty given everything that was happening.  The line of people was gone, and the soldiers that should have been there were nowhere to be found.  Even the Alebirds that were screeching from their treetops were nowhere to be seen.  The soldier closed the temple door partially, baffled by the unusual silence that had taken place where once even the screech of the Alebird was present.

Making his way down the stone stairs and into the temple entrance courtyard strengthened the unusual suspicion of the soldier.  He pulled out his sword cautiously as he tread down the path leading to the temple gates…but there was no need.  Like the courtyard, the town itself had appeared mysteriously empty.  Had everyone already evacuated the town?  No…the captain would have made sure that everyone was safe before he let his soldiers leave.  He wouldn’t have left when he knew that there was still a temple full of people.
    That was when the soldier had stopped to think about it: when he had stepped away from the temple doors, an eerie silence seemed to overtake the landscape.  Considering the state that the people were in before he left, the shouting should have escaped even through the cracks of the doors.  It should have been impossible for any silence to completely surround the area…yet somehow it did.  Realizing this, the soldier quickly turned away from the gates and ran back towards the temple…hoping his suspicions were wrong.
    But as he stepped back into the temple, he realized that wasn’t the case.  The loud voices that had once echoed from the Prayer Chamber and through the Alterways had suddenly disappeared.  But as the soldier made his way to the Prayer Chamber, he realized that it wasn’t just the voices that disappeared; the people that the voices had belonged to had also disappeared.

There was little time given to react to this sudden curiosity, however, as the room began to violently shake.  The soldier had known what this meant and knew that he had to leave immediately, possibly seeking help from the surface dwellers below.  After all, they had to know about what had happened since the jewel that was stolen would not only dictate the fate of the flying city…but it could dictate the fate of some of the surface dwellers as well.

Any thoughts the soldier had, however, were cut short as the statue of the goddess fell from the shaking, and crushed the soldier before he could even react.

Chapter 1
    Chapter 1

“Where am I?” a voice called out in the endless darkness.  There was no response to the voice, as it called out again.  “Hello?” the voice called out as the darkness seemed to part like a thick, black fog.

The parting fog revealed a dark road with twisted, leafless black trees on both sides.  Walking along the path was a boy no older than sixteen with short brown hair and piercing blue eyes.  He seemed unsure of his surroundings as his eyes continuously looked around with each step that he took.
    He continued to call out in hopes of an answer, but the only response was the unusual echo of his voice along the seemingly endless dark road.  Illuminated only by faint moonlight, the road stretched onward in the same straight line with no hints of changing any time soon.

“Where are you going Michael?” a new voice asked in the darkness.  The boy called Michael turned around to the source of the voice, but was only met with the same scene of an endless road.  “Where are you going Michael?” the voice asked again as Michael looked around, hoping to find the source.  “Who are you?” he asked inquisitively, but was only met with silence.

As he looked around, he felt himself bump into something.  He turned around quickly in response, only to be shocked at the sight.  The thing he had bumped into looked like a young girl, but she had unusual and sinister looking features about her.  Her head was hanging down slightly as her raven black hair draped over most of her face like an open set of curtains.  While her face seemed to be hidden by the darkness, her eyes, bright and colorless, pierced through.  “Where are you going Michael?” she asked in a dual set of voices; one cold and demonic, the other matching what the woman’s voice should have sounded.

“Who are you?” Michael asked again, his voice quivering slightly this time.  A grin seemed to appear on the woman’s dark face as she spoke once more.  “I know you, Michael.” She started as her eyes and her grin grew wider.  “I know what you are, and I’m ready for you, Michael.  I’m waiting for you.” She finished.

Michael began to turn his back to leave, afraid that the woman’s eyes were piercing through his very soul.  No sooner had he turned around, he was grabbed from behind and turned back around.  But it was no longer a woman covered in darkness that was facing him.  Instead was a towering figure covered in dark armor, red eyes piercing through the helmet.  “I’m waiting for you.” The figure repeated in the cold, demonic voice.

In mere seconds, everything disappeared into the darkness, and the silence lasted just as quickly.

~Michael woke up with a start and sat upright, attempting to catch his breath.  This wasn’t the first time he dreamed of the dark road, but the woman and the knight were definitely new additions.  What did the woman mean when she said she knew him?  What did they both mean when they said they were waiting for him?

The blaring sound of the alarm clock brought Michael back to reality and seemed to remind his body that it had just woken up.  As he pressed the button on the clock, Michael let out a groan as he put his head back onto his pillow and closed his eyes.

A knock appeared at his door seconds later as it opened partially.  “Michael, it’s time to get up!” a woman’s voice called out as Michael buried his face into his pillow and let out another groan.  The woman put her palm to her face and shook her head at her son’s reaction.  She pushed the door open and flipped the light switch, hands at her hips as she looked towards the end of the room and at the bed.  “Up, now.”  She said simply as she walked away and went towards the living room.

Michael let out one last groan as he took the pillow off his face and slowly sat upright on the bed.  In an equally slow motion he grudgingly picked out a set of clothes for the day and made his way to the bathroom.  Reaching one hand out, Michael twisted the doorknob, and—in his dazed state—expected it would open as he walked right into the door.  The sound of a little girl humming happily rang through the door as Michael leaned against it and pounded slowly.  “Lexi, hurry up.  I need to get ready for school!” Michael sighed out as the sound of the humming was replaced by the sing-song response of “aaalmost dooone!”

Michael leaned against the wall as he waited for his sister.  She was only 10, and it was the first day of school.  She was at the age where she still loved school, so the first day back was like going to the theme park for her.

As the door opened, Lexi skipped out as her pigtails danced along with each step.  “All done!” she said happily as she made her way to the living room.  Michael unglued himself from the wall with a look of disdain as he made his way into the bathroom and slammed the door.

~Soldiers clad in silver and blue armor parted like the red sea when another made his way into the castle halls.  Unlike the others, his armor had more exquisite designs to indicate that he was of high rank.  He also lacked a helmet, allowing his golden blond hair to move freely as he walked.  His fierce green eyes stared forward as he walked with no signs of wandering—this was a man on a mission.

As he made his way up the red carpeted stairs towards the throne room, those who remained silent in respect began to whisper to each other.  While he was the leader of the king’s army, it was highly unusual that he was summoned for an audience with the king himself.

The lights in the extravagant throne room sparkled like diamonds.  As the Commandant made his way inside, he stopped in the center of the room and knelt down in front of a beautiful silver and red throne.  Sitting in the throne was a powerful looking middle aged man with a full auburn beard and draped in royal attire.

“Rise, Grif.” The king commanded in a deep, but somehow gentle voice.  Grif obeyed as he stood at attention, refusing to let any side of informality appear in front of a man that he respected above all others.  His face remained impassive despite the pleasant look on the king’s face at the sight of him.  He was glad to see the sight of the man that was once his mentor, but the present circumstances required that he kept his focus.

“I wish the reason for my summons was on a happier note, Commandant.  But I assume you already know why I’ve called you here.” The king said as his pleasant expression began to disappear.  “Yes, my liege.  I had my soldiers investigate the irregularities as you asked,” the Commandant replied as the king leaned forward in curiosity.  “And…what did you discover?” the king inquired.

For the first time, the Commandant showed emotion as his eyes narrowed and moved away from the gaze of the king.  “We discovered…nothing, your Majesty.” He replied simply.  The king seemed genuinely confused by this conflicting response and expression.  “You mean you didn’t discover anything?” he asked as the Commandant shook his head.  “No, I mean we discovered nothing.  Alethia was almost completely abandoned.” He answered as the king leaned back in his throne, his curiosity growing.  “Almost?” he asked, fixated on every word uttered spoken.

“Well…” the Commandant started as he was able to look towards the king once more.  “We did find someone under a pile of rubble, but he could barely speak.  He died before we could pull him out.” The Commandant explained as the king mimicked the Commandant’s grim expression for a moment.  “I see…and the elders?” he asked as if hoping for a silver lining in the Commandant’s report.  “All of them were found dead.  Their bodies were found mutilated by magical means.” The Commandant explained as the king fell into a contemplative pose.  “Your Majesty…the jewel was also gone.” The Commandant added as the king’s face grew even graver.

His head turned towards a mousy looking scientist who was waiting patiently near the king’s throne.  “Where is Alethia now?” the king asked as the scientist gripped his clipboard tightly.  “My lord, it is currently above Celan, and descending even now.” He replied as the king leaned back once more, his eyes moving back to the Commandant.

“I already have my men on their way to evacuate the city as we speak, your Majesty.” The Commandant stated, knowing what the king was thinking at that moment.  Relief seemed to return to the king’s face after hearing this.  The queen—who had been silent the entire time—allowed a smile to appear on her face.  “You’re a good man, Grif.  We’re blessed by the Goddesses to have you.” She said warmly as the Commandant bowed in response.  “I shall take my leave now, your Majesties.” The Commandant said as he turned to leave.

“One last thing before you leave, Commandant.” The king called out as the Commandant stopped and turned to face the king once more.  “Have the workers bring us some Zanite and Kunzite.  I have a feeling we’re going to need them soon.”
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:52:25 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • And to start with poetry, I'd like to post my very first attempt at a Villanelle from back in my Intro to Poetry class at the university.

The Neverending Story

As time goes by, a new chapter has begun,
    The pages turn, their words spoke,

A dazzling city, shining from the morning sun,
    A stranger watching from inside a cloak,
    As time goes by, a new chapter has begun.

Knives, swords, arrows and guns,
    Young ones dead, others who’ve only awoke,

The wars are over, the battles won,
    Victorious warriors sharing a smoke

Whispers and prayers from a passing nun,
    A glorious king, poisoned, destined to choke,

Even now a new tale is spun,
    A new adventure for every gal and bloke,
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:53:21 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • I wrote this after my first seizure. I was in 7th grade at the time.

Hide-N-Seek

So the moon decided to play a game tonight. "Hide-N-Seek" it said. The sky would go blind as it counted to ten letting the world hide. Ebb and Crest held their breath and hid alongside the tide. The eye in the sky looked upon my pale face and asked, "Why do you not hide? You lack the strength inside. You're afraid like a child under my light."

I replied, "Why should I hide? Fear that I might die? That I may be swallowed by the sky? No, not I. I won't hide from the night, I'll face the dark with eyes wide." The moon laughed so hard it began to cry.

"You cannot defy the god in the sky, but tremble in the wake of it's shade. Only may the light in the sky decide the fate of the night and its stirring creatures do not deny its say. We'll try this again, I'll turn around and count to ten. It would be wise if you were not there when I shine my beams again." The moon turned around, disappearing again, so I sit.

"You're wasting your time," I chimed, "It's 5:30 AM and the night's been quite long, but the darkest hours fall just before dawn." The moon turned around just in time, stopping on nine, to see what I said to be true. The sun graced the land with it's golden ray, turning it day, and ending the game. From now on, I'll follow the sun wherever it shines, for the dark of the night tries to tempt. If you soon decide to stand up to the fright of night, just remember: The deeper the dark the brighter the light.
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • Random Thoughts

Random, speeding trains of thought
    Amok inside my mind
    Ride tangential rails with glee
    Absurdity to find

M.C. Escher, curse your stairs
    I've climbed them now all day
    Morphing minions jeering as
    Confused I lose my way

Incoherent, uncontrolled
    Hallucinations fly
    Sanity my last refuge
    Was killed in a drive by
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • The Real Easter

These little peeps of marshmallow
    Shall ne’er into a rooster grow
    Nor like the cock that twice did crow
    Remind you that you’ve failed

As Peter when, that night he lied
    Before our Christ was crucified
    Three times their fellowship denied
    When by the crowd assailed

In grass, these eggs of ev’ry hue
    Are sought by children, sad but true
    On Easter that's just what we do
    And hide the truth within

For greater treasure they should seek
    The One whom to your heart can speak
    And as a lamb did die so meek
    To take away your sin

These jelly beans are but a prize
    O’er which our children fantasize
    Along with all the other lies
    Which rend our spirits numb

I say reclaim our holiday
    No matter what the world may say
    Our Lord defeated death that day
    His truth shall overcome

A basket full of special treats
    Some filled with toys and some with eats
    The Easter Bunny thus completes
    The fable kids adore

As Christians we should do our part
    Explain the truth that mends the heart
    The greatest story, once you start
    Will leave them wanting more

This day presents you with a choice
    To spread the lie or truth give voice
    His resurrection I’ll rejoice
    He conquered death and pain

The callous crowd Barabbas chose
    Thereby condemning Sharon’s Rose
    But three days later He arose
    Forevermore to reign
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • The First Christmas

'Twas on the first Christmas that right here on earth
    A miracle happened - a virgin gave birth
    She'd come with her husband, their taxes to pay
    The inns were all full, they had no place to stay
    So they lodged in a stable - an animal shed
    The baby she swaddled, a manger His bed
    Some shepherds were camped on the outskirts of town
    Watching their flocks as they lay on the ground
    When out in the meadow there rose such a clatter
    They sprang from their tents to see what was the matter
    Away to the pasture they ran swift and sure
    And there saw an angel, so holy and pure
    His radiant visage a heavenly sight
    As bright as the sun in the midst of the night
    When what to their wondering eyes should appear
    An army of angels a-wishing them cheer
    Glad tidings and goodwill the angels did say
    Your king and your Savior has been born this day
    More rapid than eagles to town they did run
    With shouting and praising they knelt 'fore God's Son
    Now when they departed they spread the good news
    That Christ had been born, yes, the King of the Jews
    A cadre of wise men who'd come from afar
    Did find the small child 'cause they followed His star
    The sight of it shining, their spirits did lift
    It stood o'er the house where they gave to Him gifts
    This baby, as children are all wont to do
    Did wax and get stronger, in spirit He grew
    And then, in a twinkling, his time was at hand
    Our Lamb crucified, it was just as God planned
    The life that was given that day on the tree
    Came forth three days later to claim victory
    This Jesus, I tell you, will soon come again
    He died just to save you so please let Him in
    1 person likes this post: Sirius Frost
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • *No Comparison*

Fiery leaves adorn the trees

In autumn, then are gone

But next to you they pale in hue

Your beauty lasts year long

The most majestic mountains

Can take my breath away

Your smile affects me so much more

It leaves me in a daze

Your long and lustrous tresses

Seem far more fair to me

Than any Caribbean shore

Could ever hope to be

The vibrant range of colors

Exploding at sunrise

Are pale and ordinary

Next to your sparkling eyes

The most exquisite diamond

A thing of style and grace

Is hideous when viewed beside

The facets of your face

All of Nature’s filled it seems

With wondrous works of art

But none of them compares to you

It’s you that moves my heart
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • The Stars Are Out To Get Me

The stars are out to get me, yes
    I tell you that it’s true
    Be careful how you view the skies
    Or next they’ll come for you

Astrology is not for me
    ‘Tis but a load of bull
    The stars cannot control my life
    However hard they pull

Astronomy is just as bad
    The sun has sealed our fate
    Be that the case our race will face
    An expiration date

Neither view appeals to me
    And yet choose one I must
    Should I live life as their puppet
    Or just wind up nova dust?
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • *The Music In My Ears*

My mind awash in thoughts of you

I slowly drift away

Delicious sounds swirl all around

And on my eardrums play

Whispers echo trapped within

The confines of my heart

Central nervous overload

Your memory doth impart

Not a moment passes by

That you do not invade

Conversations in my mind

Are o’er and o’er replayed

Feelings that I never knew

Existed now control

‘Twas you that lit this flame within

That warms my heart and soul

A sweet, seductive symphony

Your voice, it sings to me

Syllables in sweet refrain

My drug, my dear, is Thee

Hopeless addict, hooked for life

Lonely now no more

Tempt me, tease me, talk to me

It’s you that I adore

Hypnotic spell, your hold on me

I’m captured by your charms

Oh to feel your warm embrace

And sleep within your arms

Ensnared, entrapped within your grasp

I gladly wear this chain

And when you call me ‘baby’, I

Forget about my pain

I always know when you are near

My pulse begins to race

Open wide now Heaven’s doors

That I may see your face

Darling if my words succeed

And set your heart afire

‘Tis because from heart to pen

They were by you inspired
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • Sweet Inspiration

While yet my hand can hold a pen
    Before my body fails
    My heart will write of love for you
    And all such love entails

And should my pen run out of ink
    My pencil spend its lead
    Undeterred, my love for you
    I'd type them out instead

In ev'ry line of ev'ry verse
    Each stanza and refrain
    My words seek ways to sing your praise
    Or heal your hurt and pain

It is in you that I delight
    In you I am complete
    Inspiration gushes forth
    In waves of verse so sweet
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • Blind Love

Love is blind, or so it’s said
    As if the eyes had failed
    To notice things that others see
    Like faults to be assailed

Imperfections multiplied
    Until they do abound
    Problems then are magnified
    ‘Til they compass us round

This is why Love must be blind
    For who could stand and face
    Such a searing spotlight and
    Still be loved one trace

This train of thought sounds logical
    At least unto the head
    But if true love comes from the heart
    Who by the head is led?

Love is blind – I disagree
    I do not feel that way
    Love sees each and every fault
    And Love loves anyway
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • An Acrostic for My Wife

Incredibly an angel once
    Left heaven, up above
    On earth she walks, with lowly Man - this
    Vixen that I love
    Enraptured by your charms, I pray
    Please stay with me alway
    Enchanted by your gorgeous smile
    No chance I'd run away
    Now sixteen years I've been with you
    Yet none do I regret
    No greater love could I dare ask
    I love but you, my pet
    Count all the gold this world contains
    Or diamonds, that works too
    Love, I find more value in
    Each moment spent with you
    Basking in your warm embrace
    Releases me from fear
    Each night I thank the Lord above
    Who guided you to here
    Stay forever by my side
    This is my one desire
    Each night, my Love, to have and hold
    Rekindling passion's fire
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • The Great White Me

Carcharodon sapiens
    Is on the prowl tonight
    And if you dare to swim with him
    You'll feel his fearsome bite
    Night time is prime feeding time
    I beg you stay away
    Please don't be deceived my dear
    You are his favorite prey
    You cannot tame this savage beast
    And make of him your pet
    An apex predator he is
    No conscience, no regret
    Lonely one please heed my words
    Protect your bleeding heart
    For droplets in the water will
    The feeding frenzy start
    Rising up out of the depths
    A classic hit and run
    Feasting on your broken heart
    One bite and then he's done
    Broken, bleeding, he will leave
    You drowning in his wake
    Trusting he would do no harm
    Your innocence he'll take
    So when you see his dorsal rise
    Just turn your back and flee
    You cannot say you were not warned
    Beware the Great White Me
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Michi
  • Great submissions there Aersoldorf, you already know this, but you're quite a talented poet.  :D

This is something I wrote on XKI for Barry, one of the members (who has also spent time on here in Werewolf):

Barry the Butler,
    knows no bounds.
    Cleans absolutely nothing,
    and makes weird sounds.
    Likes to steal all the liquor
    and the mayor's shiny crowns.
    While acting like he's cleaning
    and doing his rounds.

Barry the Butler,
    is one swell guy.
    That doesn't really set
    his expectations that high.