Pages: [1] 2

Festival Sign-In and Introductions

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Before heading off into the festival grounds, please take a moment to sign-in and introduce yourself, so everyone knows just who in the blazes you are. :P

For the many that I'm sure don't know, I'm Wintermoot, and I'm very proud to be the Monarch of Wintreath. I've been playing the game for two years now. In that time I've dabbled in many areas of the game, met lots of awesome people, and developed some reputation...good or bad, depending on who you ask, lol. My favourite aspect of NS is being able to have a part in building things that other people enjoy being a part of...this region and community. I've always enjoyed making things that people enjoy using, which is one of the reasons I took up programming in real life. I like to think of myself as a friendly, honest, and open sort...very open, lol, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends!

Oh yeah, and I suck at introductions. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Hey there, mortals! I am Reon, the WA guy here in Wintreath! I'm possibly insane and quite possibly enjoyable... I try to be as me as I can be... I always liked it that way.
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Howdy everyone, I'm Pengu.  I'm the acting jarl of Culture here at Wintreath until Amalya is able to come back to us.  While I'm still new to the political and more detailed side of nationstates (aka the regional forums and the like), I've been dabbling with Nationstates itself since 2004.  I enjoy creating and bringing new and exciting things that bring people together, and always look forward to being able to do just that.  I look forward to meeting new faces here at the festival and getting to know all of you.  :D
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Hey Everyone I'm Chanku, I'm the Jarl of Defense. I'm one of the older members here, having been the first NS newbie and 'Pure Native'(I use this term to denote that I had never joined any other regions) to actually gain citizenship in Wintreath. I've held a multitude of positions in Wintreath, and elsewhere (namely the GRA). You can see the positions I've held(and currently hold) in Wintreath in my signature, however I've also been in charge of the Ministry of FA in the GRA for a short period of time. I've only been on NationStates for a little over a year now as well.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Wintermoot
  • And we're open!

Just so you know. :P
    1 person likes this post: Michi

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Bootsie
  • Former Citizen
  • Hello everyone in Wintreath! My name is Bootsie, and I have the honor and privilege to serve as a Deputy Speaker in our Regional Assembly over in The North Pacific! This place looks really "cool" and I can't wait to try all of the fun events here!
    Bootsie
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    mcmasterdonia
  • Village Drifter
  • Hello everyone!

I am McMasterdonia. I am currently serving my fifth term as WA Delegate of the North Pacific. I have played NationStates since 2011 and have served in various senior roles in the North Pacific executive government in that time. I have also dabbled in a couple of other regions, most notably Balder and the South Pacific.

Nice to meet y'all!
    mcmasterdonia
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Hello everyone in Wintreath! My name is Bootsie, and I have the honor and privilege to serve as a Deputy Speaker in our Regional Assembly over in The North Pacific! This place looks really "cool" and I can't wait to try all of the fun events here!
    Welcome to Wintreath! I'm glad you've joined us for the festival. :) I'm curious, what do you do as Deputy Speaker? I read through TNP's Constitution, but it wasn't very clear from there. Do you take over for the Speaker when they're away, or do you have specific delegated authorities?

Hello everyone!

I am McMasterdonia. I am currently serving my fifth term as WA Delegate of the North Pacific. I have played NationStates since 2011 and have served in various senior roles in the North Pacific executive government in that time. I have also dabbled in a couple of other regions, most notably Balder and the South Pacific.

Nice to meet y'all!
    The big man himself...hey! :P Five terms as delegate of a GCR...that's just incredible. What's the secret to being so well-liked and trusted by so many people in this game? :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    mcmasterdonia
  • Village Drifter
    Welcome to Wintreath! I'm glad you've joined us for the festival. :) I'm curious, what do you do as Deputy Speaker? I read through TNP's Constitution, but it wasn't very clear from there. Do you take over for the Speaker when they're away, or do you have specific delegated authorities?

Hello everyone!

Nice to meet y'all!
    The big man himself...hey! :P Five terms as delegate of a GCR...that's just incredible. What's the secret to being so well-liked and trusted by so many people in this game? :P

:))
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Perhaps we should do an AMA session? Ask McMasterdonia and Wintermoot anything? :P

I think being honest, and demonstrating that you are incorruptible & immune to bribery/intimidation, as well as being reliable is very important. There are a lot of players who can talk themselves up big time, but cannot really deliver on what they say.

Lastly if you want to be trusted, you need to offer your trust in return. I've always tried to provide honest and frank advice, and a confidential ear when people need it. Some people don't like that I provide my honest opinion whenever one seeks it out, so if you don't want to know what I really think, don't ask me! You need to convince me, I don't give my support/approval of something based on simply who the personalities are.

That was a bit all over the place, but I hope that answers your question!  ^-^
    mcmasterdonia
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • We can do that if you're up for it! :P

Thanks for your advice. I try to be all those things, but sometimes the best laid plans...I've come to notice that people don't like being called out on their games, their hypocrisy, and their bullshit in general. It makes me enemies. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    mcmasterdonia
  • Village Drifter
  • We can do that if you're up for it! :P

Thanks for your advice. I try to be all those things, but sometimes the best laid plans...I've come to notice that people don't like being called out on their games, their hypocrisy, and their bullshit in general. It makes me enemies. :P

I'm game for an AMA. I like the idea of doing one together, so that we must both answer the same questions :P

They don't like being called out on bullshit - but if you call them out on it, you're just being honest.

I think you are a strong example of a good leader. You did well as President of Spiritus and now you've worked hard to create this community. Another important factor is dedication. I don't believe that people can really be an excellent leader for their community if they are too busy splitting time between multiple regions. I think priorities get split, as do loyalties, and the deliverance on good governance is ultimately weakened by that type of leadership.

I've also been told before that I am "too nice" and that I like everyone, almost to a fault. I think that it is important for leaders to be kind to people, to support their goals, and to not universally fear any kind of ambition in their citizens. I think there is no harm in encouraging people to run for office, in telling them you believe they would do a good job (assuming you do think that). I think that part of being a good leader is being prepared to support and mentor the next gen of leaders. We've had some great Minister's, Speakers, Security Councillors, etc in the North Pacific because of the strong record of TNP Delegate's in supporting and encouraging the new members of the region.

mcmasterdonia
    • Village Drifter
    Tomb
  • Former Citizen
  • The North Pacific
  • Greetings to everyone in Wintreath! First of all, I am very thankful to you for hosting the festivities, and I do hope to get to know each and every single one of you better and on a personal level. I am Tomb, the Minister of Home Affairs in TNP. I have served in Home Affairs for 10-11 months now (equivalent to 2.5 terms or so), and I have served in other executive capacities during my 11 months in TNP. I love meeting new people and I am really excited about the events that will be held here.

Thanks,

~ Tomb
    The North Pacific
    Formerly: Delegate, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Communications, Deputy Minister of Communications, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Speaker, Election Commissioner, and Justice.
    Currently: Attorney General, Deputy Minister of Defense, and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Osiris
    Formerly: Keeper of the Deshret (speaker), Minister of Culture, Minister of WA Affairs, and Deputy Minister of WA Affairs.
    Currently: Citizen and Councilor
    Tomb
    • The North Pacific
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Very well...I'll make the topic shortly then. It should be fun! :P

I may have done well in Spiritus, but I was horribly naive, especially as someone that had never been involved in the politics of gameplay before. I like to think that I've learned from my mistakes and applied those lessons here, and that now we have a region that can interact with other people and regions on a fun level without getting drawn into the problems that emerged in the last two months of my Presidency in Spiritus.

This very festival is a good example of that, in fact. :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with being too nice...better than being too mean, right? :P I'm not sure how well I've done when it comes to preparing the next generation of leaders...we have a great Cabinet and some people that are very knowledgeable legislators, but I know some people think I should have named a new Crown Prince long ago after Charax left NS. For what it's worth, I'm constantly evaluating people for that position. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Greetings to everyone in Wintreath! First of all, I am very thankful to you for hosting the festivities, and I do hope to get to know each and every single one of you better and on a personal level. I am Tomb, the Minister of Home Affairs in TNP. I have served in Home Affairs for 10-11 months now (equivalent to 2.5 terms or so), and I have served in other executive capacities during my 11 months in TNP. I love meeting new people and I am really excited about the events that will be held here.

Thanks,

~ Tomb
    Welcome! I'm glad you could join us here for the festival, and I hope we can get to know each other better during the festival. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • Hello, fellow festival-goers!  :D

I am a member of neither Wintreath nor TNP, but I'm here to crash your festival! (Kidding. :P)  My name is Colberius X . (Nation Name: Colbentielle) I am the Lord Inquisitor of New Hyperion, was formerly the Lord Inquisitor of Aura Hyperia, and served as Ambassador to Wintreath for both regions.

I'm looking forward to the fun and games of the festival, and I hope I'll meet some new people!

First Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria - Founded 5.06.2015
    Former Peer of the Overhusen - Served 4.17.2015 until 6.08.2016
    Recipient of the Wintreath Commendation - Awarded 11.02.2017

Lord Inquisitor
    Ambassador of New Hyperion
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • I serve the balance, and through it the Force shall guide me.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2