Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9

Werewolf Theme and Role Ideas

Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • Didn't notice that you did a round on that, still the two other ideas suggested are good ones.
    Also, I just thought of another game to do werewolf on, Until Dawn, it would have special conditions though. You would have the main characters(Sam, Mike, ect.) who all have special abilities, Josh, who tries to trick the main characters, Dr. Hill who can prevent Josh from doing what he does, the flamethrower guy who can kill wendigo, and the wendigo, otherwise the werewolfs of the game. If at least one main characters survives to a certain amount of turns(dawn) then they win.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:05:40 PM by Rasdanation »
    T'was the year of Wintreath!
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • To the Glory of Witchmond!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Agreed.  I added them to the list of possible theme ideas for future games.

And remember, if anyone ever wants to host any of the upcoming games, you're more than welcome.  Anyone is allowed to take the reigns and host a game, provided that it doesn't clash with a currently running one.  All you have to do is express interest and post in here that you'd like to give it a shot.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • Btw Pengu, while Pokemon fits in the category you put it in since it is multimedia, Town of Salem is a video game.
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Some vides game themes:
    • Mario(takes place either mushroom kingdom or bowser's castle)
    We actually did that one for the game just before this. It looked like a lot of fun :'(

Also, I forgot to mention.  I actually ran this game both here and on 10KI.  As fun as it was here, you should see how it went on 10KI.  :PI even got to throw around a bunch of references, and listed em all on my first post:

http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/30809/werewolf-super-mario-duck-hunt
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Potato Inquisition! We must ROOT out the heretics or they will kill us all!
    3 people like this post: Laurentus, Michi, Lidwine
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Are you volunteering to host such a game? :P
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Are you volunteering to host such a game? :P
    Perhappppps. If i learn how to play werewolf :D
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • Another video game theme:
    Undertale(sans Ftw)
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

• Also, I just thought of another game to do werewolf on, Until Dawn, it would have special conditions though. You would have the main characters(Sam, Mike, ect.) who all have special abilities, Josh, who tries to trick the main characters, Dr. Hill who can prevent Josh from doing what he does, the flamethrower guy who can kill wendigo, and the wendigo, otherwise the werewolfs of the game. If at least one main characters survives to a certain amount of turns(dawn) then they win.

I have to say that amusingly I didn't consider this post when I wrote up the game for the voted scenario,  but now I'm glad I came in here just to see that it was suggested.   :))

And I added another Town of Salem for video games.  Really, it works for both because while the name refers to a game, obviously Salem/The Witch trials has a vast amount of exposure in books and media as well.
    2 people like this post: Rasdanation, Lidwine
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:24:05 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Opposite Day

What could end up being possibly one of the most infuriating, yet quite entertaining themes?  I present to you Werewolf: Opposite Day!

As the name suggests, this theme would be prevalent in many ways.  Good roles are bad, bad roles are good, Leonardo Dicaprio gets an oscar, up is down and down is up in this game.  But that's not all!  Adding to the paranoia that is Werewolf, rules, dialogue, and even the plot would be in opposites!

You say you're not the bad guy? You're definitely the bad guy!

The seer scanned and he came back as a bad guy?  The seer clearly didn't scan, and the person must be good!

You're voting to lynch Wintermoot?  Wrong! You just voted to not lynch Wintermoot!

With Opposite Day, it's almost not guaranteed to not bring up the paranoia factor a bit.  ;)

I think this would be great for April's game in light of April Fool's Day.
    3 people like this post: Rasdanation, Lidwine, Imaginative Kane
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This theme idea was inspired by Warcraft III, and in particular by the first scenario of the Undead campaign, Trudging Through the Ashes. Basically, my goal with this idea was to nerf the baddies some...in my experience they win the majority of games because they know who all the other baddies (and by extension, the villagers) are from the start of the game, meaning they can team together immediately. In the version I've come up with, the baddies have to be discovered before they can collaborate, meaning that at least initially they're rudderless and could even inadvertently target each other...but do become more powerful as they find each other and collaborate as the game goes on.

The idea is mostly complete, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding to it as well.

The Story

Once the last bastion of humanity against the Orcs and the most prosperous kingdom in Azeroth, the Kingdom of Lordaeron has been ground into dust in matter of days by the might of the Undead Scourge. King Terenas, who ruled wisely for over seventy years, has been murdered by his own son, who has fallen to the corruption of the blade he carries and serves as the Lich King's Champion. It's armies have been decimated, the remaining resistance led by the Paladin brotherhood is being crushed, and the remaining villages that have not fallen to the undead are in a state of panic as death itself marches ever-closer.

Your village is one such village...thus far spared the worst, but living in fear. A rumour is spreading that the living servants of the Scourge, the Acolytes of the Cult of the Damned, have gone into hiding in your village, and that Prince Arthas himself, who has not been seen since he killed his father, is sneaking about the area to find and rally them. There's nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide against death itself. The only option is to fight back...find the acolytes and kill them before they can be rallied into a force that will rage through your village. Arthas must be slain as well...merely killing the acolytes will only delay the inevitable if he is allowed to build his forces elsewhere.

Player Roles

The Scourge:

Acolytes: The cultists of the Cult of the Damned, the acolytes are humans who have pledge to serve the Scourge and earn the right to be reborn into undeath, making them reviled by their fellow humans. The Cult scattered after their leader, Kel'Thuzad, was slain, but is now ready to be rallied and reassembled to serve the Scourge. Each night in the cover of darkness, the acolytes will use their magics to cast a vote on who to kill, but will not be able to collaborate with any other acolytes until they're discovered by Prince Arthas.

Prince Arthas: Once the noble Prince of Lordaeron, Arthas has fallen into darkness and now serves the Lich King of the Scourge as his champion and as a Death Knight. In addition to also voting on a villager to kill each night, he will have the following abilities:

Death Coil - Once during the game, Arthas may use this ability to slay one person in addition to the person that gets voted off, for a total of two kills in one night.

Death Pact - In the event that Arthas is attacked, he will draw life from all acolytes in the area to prevent his demise. This means that Arthas may not be killed until the acolytes have been cleared, although attacking him to invoke this ability will prevent him from using any other abilities that night (besides voting).

Investigate - This ability may be used once a night, if no other abilities are invoked, to determine if a player is an acolyte. If they are, they will be put in touch with Arthas and any other discovered acolytes and will be able to collaborate on who to vote for.

The Villagers:

Villagers: All the villagers wanted was peaceful days and jubilant evenings at the local tavern, but instead they got these undead wanting their bodies, and not in a good way! Having had the fear of death properly put in them, they want vengeance, and are ready to take it out on the Scourge...or anyone they think are the Scourge.

The Town Guard: With the Kingdom in shambles and most meaningful resistance destroyed, all that's left to defend small villages are the locals in the town guard. These footmen can use their defend ability to protect any player of their choosing, which will nullify any action from the Scourge they've been targeted with that night. Because their services are in very high demand, no villager may be defended on two consecutive nights. They may also choose to defend each other, but may not defend themselves...else the villagers start to believe them to be cowards.

The Paladin: Defenders of the weak and unfaltering enemies of the undead, the Brotherhood dispatched one of their own to investigate rumors of Cultists in the village and to help protect the villagers if there are. The Paladin has three abilities, and can choose to perform one action each night.

Holy Light: This ability can be used once during the game, and will protect all villagers from Scourge attacks during that night phase.

Divine Shield: This ability is available once, and will automatically be used if attacked by the Scourge during the night phase. If used, the Paladin will be unable to perform an action that night.

Investigate: "Investigate" (aka stalk) a player to determine whether they are a member of the Scourge.
    5 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Gerrick, Michi, Lidwine, Imaginative Kane

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • You're volunteering to host this one as well, right?  :))
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I don't think I could fill your shoes, especially after this current Werewolf. :P

I don't even know if it's all that great...I just had an idea and ran with it.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Queen of Love and Beauty
  • I'll host your game Wintermoot! I really like wc3, maybe we could co-host? I don't think it would be awful to ALWAYS have a game of werewolf going.. I've had great fun with this one so far.
    2 people like this post: Michi, Imaginative Kane
    Evelynx
    • Queen of Love and Beauty
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Well, I think we could probably use a short break after this one, but it would be nice to have games more often. It's an intriguing idea to co-host...how would that work? I mostly don't think I could craft story posts that detail what happened in a manner as great as Pengu. :P

Either way, at this point we should focus on making sure the idea is as great as possible in case something happens with it sometime...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9