Pages: [1]

[AT VOTE][SC] Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    The Security Council,

Understanding that a commendation, an official recognition from the Security Council for virtuous deeds or attributes above and beyond the typical, is arguably the highest honor bestowed on any nation for their achievements;

Regretting that Security Council Resolution #143 was passed despite the achievements of the commended nation in the resolution being inconsequential or false;

Noting that all regions highlighted within resolution SC #143 have been subject to invading forces on multiple occasions since the decree's passing, rendering the ultimate consequence of these regions on the world as collectively negligible, and further withdrawing from the arguments presented in the resolution;

Further noting that the region of Khora collapsed shortly after the assistance of hobbesistan, and is frequently invaded by warfaring organizations;

Understanding that hobbesistan no longer has any relation to Lazarus, and Lazarus now has new forums unrelated to the nation;

Considering that RadioNS and the Lazarene Stock Exchange existed for a short period of time, and are now defunct, and have had no lasting impact on the world whatsoever;

Shocked that hobbesistan was given credit for developing the "approx" script, when the script was actually developed by the nation of Eluvatar at a far earlier time;

Concluding that hobbesistan's contributions to the world are on the whole irrelevant or inconsequential, while good intentioned, and that one clause of the commending resolution is completely false;

Hereby Repeals SC #143, Commend Hobbesistan.

Co-Authored by Feux.
    1 person likes this post: Govindia

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Security Council Resolution 143 almost failed to pass, and only did so after an extensive stamp campaign and appeals from hobbes on several IRC channels, including our own. The fact of the matter is, the resolution was made too early in hobbes' NS-life, and many of the things it commends are no longer valid only a few months later.

For those reasons, I vote for.
    1 person likes this post: Govindia

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Security Council Resolution 143 almost failed to pass, and only did so after an extensive stamp campaign and appeals from hobbes on several IRC channels, including our own. The fact of the matter is, the resolution was made too early in hobbes' NS-life, and many of the things it commends are no longer valid only a few months later.

For those reasons, I vote for.
    I concur.  Symbolic vote for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master