Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 15

The North Pacific

Egalotir
  • Village Drifter
  • [size=14] Roleplay Reel[/size]
    by Iraelia, Citizen
    One of the most important aspects of NationStates is role play. After all, the premise of the game is acting as your nation's leader and answering issues to determine the status of your nation. Of course, that's just about, answering issues. However, for those whose minds are entranced by fiction, there exists more than just issue answering, there is role play. There are many ways to role play in NationStates: on the NationStates forum, in your own RP world, but the most prominent form of role play in The North Pacific exists in the world of Eras.

Based on The North Pacific forums and operating their own discord server, Eras RP has been used as a setting for about three years now and is open for anyone in TNP to join. Order is maintained by a team of role play moderators who ensure that people are obeying the rules of North Pacific RP. While things have slowed down recently in Eras, a lot of important events have occurred in the past few months that will shape the future of role play in Eras.

The biggest such event currently ongoing, though somewhat stalled due to the two key people being busy with real life, is the Council for the Reaffirmation of the Alliance of Northern Unions (ANU). In Eras, many nations have banded together to form alliances and unions in order to strengthen their nation’s position in the world. The two largest alliances are the Pan-Gotic Union (PGU) and the Phoenix Union (PU). The PGU is a union of nations that are ethnically Gotic, the Eras equivalent of German. The PU is a union of nations that are positioned on the Phoenix Strait, an area of strategic and economic importance in Eras. The predecessor to the PGU, the Northwestern Union (NWU), had been working on an agreement with the PU which would form the Alliance of Northern Unions (ANU). However, before either party could ratify the agreement, the NWU was disbanded and replaced by the PGU. Now that the PGU is firmly situated, members of both the PU and the PGU have gathered at a conference to discuss the actual ratification of the ANU. However, the proposed alliance is seeing significant opposition from powerful nations like the Ilian Coalition and Xentherida, members from within the proposed alliance, and it's future is most definitely in question.

Another important event that has been transpiring is the formation of the Trillium Compact (TC) which is the successor to the Trillium Accord (TA), and is an organization of democratic nations designed to further the goals of national sovereignty and voluntary cooperation between nations. The TC, having just been ratified, has now gone searching for new members to join their ranks. These proposed nations are Iraelia as an Associate Member and Goyanes and Syrixia as Observer Members. Many of these proposed members have received criticism from some sitting members of the TC. Syrixia is a self described autocracy and fails to meet the important democratic requirements in the eyes of the Ilian Coalition, Xentherida, and the Hastfradic League. Goyanes, while democratic, has strong allegiances to the PGU and PU which has off set several members of the alliance. Iraelia is also a democracy, but a history of racial tension in the nation has put the TC on edge. Needless to say, these nations will have to fight tooth and nail for entrance into the TC.

On a more local level, there have been several ongoing national role plays. One such story is Modergen, a character RP within the nation of Goyanes which centers around a terrorist attack on a newly built subway station in Goyanes by an organization seeking to re-institute dictatorial rule to the nation of Xentherida. They bomb the station under the guise of fascists from the nation of Ninhundland, a neighbour and sworn enemy of Goyanes, in the hopes that it may lead to war and further their end goal. Another active story is Yavneh Roya which is a traditional Iraelian holiday celebrating independence from the nation of Syrixia. This Yavneh Roya, the Prime Minister of Iraelia invited nations of the world to celebrate with the Iraelian government. The final major event that is ongoing is the Post Crown Conflict wherein Eras had recently gone through a major conflict where the nations of Samaria and Scallendovia declared war on the nation of Cogoria. The conflict has devastated the region and resulted in the destruction of Scallendovia. As a result, both Cogoria and Samaria have sent representatives to the Merillian League, acting as a neutral third party, to sign a peace treaty. Both nations signed the treaty, and the conflict has finally come to an end.

This has been Roleplay Reel #1.

[size=14]Discord Analysis[/size]
    by Atlae, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs
    This column does not represent the views of the Government of The North Pacific.
    There have always been things that separate regions, from the truly dedicated to the inactive ones, and is practically mandatory for activity: a means for communication. Many regions simply utilize their RMB to communicate, while others talk offsite on platforms such as IRC, Skype, or Discord. Today, we’ll be discussing Discord, specifically for the feeders, or the Pacifics.

First stop, the North Pacific. As a control, let’s analyze TNP. It has a general channel, #the-agora; a debating channel #poolside (formerly #the-ring-of-fire); a gaming channel, #tnp-gamers-union; a music channel, #music-hall; and a spamming channel, #the-sewers. It’s RP, however, is located on another server dedicated to TNP RP. As for its governmental and regional functions, #magicality-grand-plaza and #regional-assembly-private are reserved for citizen-only activity, and #world-assembly, discussing WA activities. TNP has 8 voice channels, all of them accessible except for the ones reserved to the Security Council and the Administration.

Next is the East Pacific. Its Discord is much less active as its citizens prefer Skype, using it to talk about RP, politics, and as a general chat. However, they do have channels akin to TNP’s, with a general channel (#hotel-california), a gaming channel (#gaming), a music channel (#hall-of-music), and of course, a spamming channel (#spam-games). Unlike TNP, they have an RP channel similar to TNP’s but held within TEP’s main server, called #tep-evolved. However, it is not active much due to most RP talk on a Skype chat, also called TEP Evolved. Its only citizen-exclusive channel is #the-plaza, and their April Fool’s nuclear command center was held at #strategicaircommand. TEP has only two voice channels, General and Music Hall.

The Pacific, commonly referred to as NPO (New Pacific Order), has a quite active Discord server, with a general channel (#pacifica_harbour), a music channel (#radio_pacifica), and a spamming channel (#spam_fields). It has its roleplay in its server, (#roleplaying_discussion), and has a channel called #bot_development, which is hopefully self-explanatory. The Pacific also has a citizen-only chat called #the_square. It has three voice channels, dedicating a general, gaming, and a music channel.

The South Pacific, whereas, is very active when it comes to Discord. Like the previous regions, it has a general channel (#lampshade-bar), a gaming channel (#games), and a spamming channel (#coconut-grove). However, it has two channels dedicated to RP: #bantam-harbour and #roleplay-discussion. The latter is an advisor chat where one gets questions answered, while the former is a much more recent development, RPing within the Discord server (much like the recent trend of RMB role-playing in TNP’s RMB). TSP, however, has 8 citizen-only channels about regional government (TSP refers to residents as citizens, so Legislator is the equivalent). It has 8 voice channels, two of which are restricted to the regional government.

The West Pacific is our last stop for now. It has a very active Discord and a considerably less active Skype. As usual, it has a general channel (#the-lounge), a music channel (#karaoke_lounge_and_tiki_bar) not just for Karaoke Friday, and a spamming channel (#the-clubhouse). It also has a politics channel (#politics_and_stuff), a military recruitment channel (#twpaf_recruitment), and another channel called #celebrate-twp (the purpose is hopefully obvious). It has 5 roleplay servers, dedicated to Discord RPs of differing genres. It also has a channel dedicated to D&D (Dungeons & Dragons). It has #hall_of_nations as its citizen-only channel and has 4 voice channels (one general, one Karaoke Friday, and two D&D).

To conclude, we have seen many different utilizations of Discord. What each of the servers has in common is some general and spamming channels and a regional politics chat which makes it a characteristic of their region. While activity among them varies, it certainly sets them different from regions that do not have Discord servers.

[size=14] North Pacific Army Bulletin[/size]
    by Iraelia, Citizen
    This month, only four operations have been performed. This has been the first month under which Darcania has been the Minister of Defense.

The first operation was a training op in Novis Vandium. Six soldiers made it in and the operation was a success.

The second operation was a training op in the regions of Warzone Australia and Warzone Sandbox. Four soldiers took part and both operations were a success.

The third operation was a training op in the regions of Puppet and abandon nations dump and The New Old South. Only the operation into the Puppet and abandon nations dump was successful. Five soldiers took part in this operation.

The fourth and final operation was a training op into the regions of both The New Pacific nations and Warzone Africa. Both operations were a success. Six soldiers took part in the operations.

This has been your monthly NPA Bulletin.

[size=14] Monthly Memoirs[/size]
    by Kasch, Vice Delegate
    Monthly Memoirs is back again for July! This month, I put a spin on the questions and how they were submitted. This July, you got to ask the questions! Overall, 5 questions were asked and 22 answers were received! We had questions submitted from members in all corners of the community.

Here are those questions:
    • From Brend0g to all TNPers: What has been your best experience in the North Pacific?
    • From Wicheye to all TNPers: How much time do you give NationStates per day on average?
    • From Owenstacey to all citizens: If you could run a new region with any one other TNP citizen past or present, who would it be and why?
    • From Atlae to the staff of the Ministry of Communications: Why did you decide to be a part of Communications?
    • From Atlae to all TNPers: If TNP was somehow suddenly disbanded overnight, where would you stay and why?
    And here are the answers!
    Quote from: abc, Deputy Minister
    What has been your best experience in the North Pacific?

In all honesty, I have had a lot of very good experiences in The North Pacific. If I had to pick though, my best experience would have to be when I became an ambassador in the diplomatic team to TEP. It was the first time I really got to interact with members of TNP and other regions. Before that, I had mostly just answered my nation's issues and occasionally talked on the RMB but because of that I got a lot more involved in the region.

How much time do you give NationStates per day on average?

Too much. :P But in all actuality, I give NS about 2-3 hours per day on average scrolling through the forums, talking on Discord, and carrying out my duties as a DM. I also occasionally go on OOC binges spending up to 2 hours at a time trying to count to 10 without being interrupted by Siwale.

Why did you decide to be a part of Communications?

Communications lets me express myself openly to the residents of TNP and beyond. Also, I really enjoy writing and certainly get to do a lot of that in the ministry. The biggest reason I joined the ministry is because I wanted to interview members of TNP to get to know more about them and it's interesting to see how their stories both are similar and different from your own. So far I haven't had a chance to give an interview, but look forward to doing one in the near future.

If TNP was somehow suddenly disbanded overnight, where would you stay and why?

Ugh. This is hard. The region I've had the best experience in (only as a diplomat) has been 10,000 Islands. They've always been very friendly to me and are fun to talk with. I wouldn't mind being a citizen in their region and think it would suit me well.
    Quote from: Iraelia, Citizen

I'd say that my best experience in The North Pacific has been in the role play world of Eras. I joined NationStates mainly because I have a passion for creating fictional worlds and universes and I thought it was incredibly cool that their was a game that could let me do that. Eras let me expand that, as I was able to create my own nation in an entire imagined world. It enabled me to create interesting characters, backstories, and to tie those stories in with my fellow RPers' stories. It has been fun.

That all depends. During the school year, maybe an hour or two a day as I really don't have time for anything other than sports and studies. During the summer, however, I give it anywhere between 3 and 5 hours a day because, at least for this summer, I really haven't had anything better to do.

I had an open class on my schedule and I didn't really know what to do with it so I decided to take Journalism. It was a pretty fun class, but it got a little boring and repetitive towards the end of the year. My friend and I would finish our articles within the first thirty minutes of class and it would take the editor forever to edit our papers so we would just mess around on the computers. One day, I was browsing through the forums and I noticed that we had a regional newspaper. I read through a copy of it and thought it would be fun to be a writer and I applied to join the ministry.

Hmmm, that's kinda tough. I suppose I might stay in either another GCR or in The Kingdom of Great Britain. What I really like about TNP is the amount of activity that you don't really see in other regions, so the second best thing would be to join another GCR. However, TKoGB has some very interesting role play, so I really can't decide.
    Quote from: Brend0g, Deputy Minister

Usually an hour each day with the weekends being two to three hours normally.

I decided to be part of Communications as I had spare time and writing for a reason helped me to relax as well as being productive and writing for a goal.

I would stay in one of the feeders, most likely The East Pacific as I have slowly established a connection over there. They have an interesting system of government and a great RP scene in which I want to explore more.
    Quote from: Lord Ravenclaw, Security Councilor

The forum will still be here, but gameside? I'd let Lord Ravenclaw die at long last.
    Quote from: Emperor von Friently, Resident

About 1 or 2 hours on average, it very much depends how active everything is, if a big RP is going on like 2 days ago it can rank up to 5 or 6 hours i guess.

I would probably try to gather all the people i usually play with and would likely start a new region.
    Quote from: Scorch, Minister

I would say anywhere from two to four hours a day depending on how busy I am in real life. Usually during the day I have a couple ten to twenty minute periods where I get on and then I try and get on for at least an hour in the evening.
    Quote from: Atlae, Deputy Minister

I normally give a few hours to NationStates, and I'm most likely underestimating it because I'm obsessed. :P
    Quote from: flemingovia, Citizen

Coming downstairs in 2004, logging on to my computer, and finding that TNP had been liberated overnight in the Puppetmaster liberation. Quite unexpected, and very welcome.

If you could run a new region with any one other TNP citizen past or present, who would it be and why?

thess, or Blackshear.

1-2 hours. Less just recently due to work pressures.

Nowhere.
    Quote from: Skittleyflakes, Citizen

I usually spend a few hours, maybe 2-3

I might retreat to any of my puppet regions.

[size=14] The Spotlight #4: An Interview with Security Councilor Lord Ravenclaw[/size]
    by Scorch & Lord Ravenclaw, Min. Communications & Security Councilor
    Scorch: Hello and welcome to the Spotlight segment for The Northern Lights, Issue XIV. I am joined today by former Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw. Thanks for joining me on the Spotlight. It is great to have you on.

Lord Ravenclaw: No problem, it makes a change from sleeping on my recliner these days.

Scorch: Let's get started. First question. What was your first impression of TNP?

Lord Ravenclaw: Intimidation, quite honestly. I was a reasonably new player at the time I first encountered TNP, I was still new to regional politics and I was the Foreign Minister for an ally of TNP, Osiris at the time. The community, specifically the Regional Assembly and the Court intimidated me a lot as it was so much more rigid than Osiris or anything I had experience with prior.

Scorch: I had a similar reaction however TNP was my first experience in NationStates. My next question is what drew you to Foreign Affairs in NationStates?

Lord Ravenclaw: Well in a past game browser-game called Travian, I developed a knack for diplomacy and building alliances and factions so when I started looking for things to do in NationStates I figured that things wouldn't be too different from there… boy was I wrong.

Scorch: Interesting. What was your first official government position in any region in NationStates?

Lord Ravenclaw: Interior for Earth Reborn sometime in early 2009.

Scorch: What has been your favorite position to hold in TNP?

Lord Ravenclaw: Delegate was fun, it was a unique experience unlike anything else I've ever encountered within NationStates.

Scorch: It seems it is a position like no other. Has the development of Discord been something that you expected when you started having TNP use Discord?

Lord Ravenclaw: Well we have to remember that I started promoting Discord in November of 2015, starting with Alexandria. Gradually other regions tried it out for themselves, regions which shared some relationship with Alexandria, so Albion and Europeia were early adopters, the South Pacific at the end of the year, and TNP followed when I had the means to promote it here (when I was Delegate). I didn't expect it to catch on at all, truthfully. I had hoped, but never expected it so I'm rather pleased to have been surprised by this. We recently passed 800 members of the main TNP server.

Scorch: That is incredible. It is crazy to think about how much Discord is used now. What has been the biggest change in NationStates since you started playing?

Lord Ravenclaw: Well I can't pick one so I'll pick two: the influence changes to the GCRs which introduced decay back in 2013 and the Regional Officers implemented in 2016; both of these significantly change the dynamic and really do require regions to think more cautiously about their security.

Scorch: Both of those events happened before I arrived but it is hard for me to imagine NationStates without either of those aspects. What has been the most surprising event for you in your time in TNP?

Lord Ravenclaw: Surprising? The most surprising thing to me is that I stopped being afraid of the Constitution, Legal Code and Courts. I have always preferred roles which do not require me getting tangled in legalese, treaty-writing notwithstanding on that. That said, the days of me authoring legislation are gone, and they never visited TNP as I'm still terrified of even attempting to do that here.

Scorch: Is there a position you wish you had served in TNP?

Lord Ravenclaw: Hm, well I've held the positions of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Vice Delegate, Delegate, Minister of Culture, Senior Diplomat, Temporary Hearing Officer, Deputy Minister of Culture, Advisor to the Delegate and Security Councillor. Honestly, I think that I've held any position which interests me or that I have skills in.

Scorch: Final question. What has been your favorite part about playing NationStates?

Lord Ravenclaw: I've met some very interesting people, and I've formed some amazing friendships - McMasterdonia, Hileville, Xoriet and several others. I'm always surprised by the diversity of the people I encounter in the game, as there truly is a huge range of players of varying backgrounds within NationStates and if you make an effort to get to know some of these players they can offer you a unique insight into what their life is like, and it's a unique dynamic that is one of the most fulfilling things about forming a friendship with someone from a different part of the world.

Scorch: You really can meet interesting people through NationStates and form amazing relationships with them. Well, thank you for joining me today on the Spotlight. It has been a pleasure.

[small]The Northern Lights: Beauty in Truth
    Publisher: Pallaith :: Executive Editor: Scorch :: Managing Editor: Brend0g :: Graphic Artist: Imki + SillyString

The Northern Lights is produced by the Ministry of Communications on behalf of the Government of The North Pacific and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Except where otherwise indicated, all content represents the views of the Government of The North Pacific.

[/b][/small]
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    President of the United Socialist States of Egalotir
    The North Pacific Regional Assembly
    Ambassador to The Allied Republics
    Ambassador to Winthreat
    The North Pacific Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Egalotir
    • Liberty and Equality
    • Village Drifter
    Egalotir
  • Village Drifter
  • Apologies some of the code is out of sync/wack from our forums to yours, just ignore those errors lol.
    Ambassador to Winthreat

Egalotir
    • Liberty and Equality
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Thanks for the update!

Personally I'm not a fan of Discord. I like having as few chats as possible to keep track of, and I don't understand why regions need upwards of a dozen chatrooms each. At one time I was on several different Discord servers which spanned over 40 channels, and it was just a mess...I tend to end up not really participating on the servers I end up on. v_v

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Egalotir
  • Village Drifter
  • Thanks for the update!

Personally I'm not a fan of Discord. I like having as few chats as possible to keep track of, and I don't understand why regions need upwards of a dozen chatrooms each. At one time I was on several different Discord servers which spanned over 40 channels, and it was just a mess...I tend to end up not really participating on the servers I end up on. v_v

Ours only has like 12 or 15. I thought it excessive too till I saw they are all actually used and contained to their subjects, and it's very nice for organization and reduces spam. I use discord for everything now, I'm in like 8 servers.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Ambassador to Winthreat

Egalotir
    • Liberty and Equality
    • Village Drifter
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Thanks for the update!

Ours only has like 12 or 15. I thought it excessive too till I saw they are all actually used and contained to their subjects, and it's very nice for organization and reduces spam. I use discord for everything now, I'm in like 8 servers.
    Hmm... you could argue that it's analogous to subforums, or even forum topics. Sure, one single thread (eg: the RMB) works, but it's not always ideal for everything.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I just don't like having to track conversations through multiple chats...it's easy enough to see what you missed on one chat, but having to do so on a number of them, especially if discussions are still going on...at least on forums there are tools to easily get a measure of everything quickly. On here we have the recent topics page and the news feed.

Even at its height, we only used five IRC channels for Wintreath, and most of them were rarely active: #wintreath, #wintreath-games, Wintreath military channel, Wintreath military officer channel, and Wintreath ops channel.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    BMWSurfer
  • Village Drifter

• The North Pacific
    Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    Magicality City, November 14, 2017

Dear Wintermoot,

The government of The North Pacific entreats you to accept BMWSurfer as an ambassador between our two regions. He has been a citizen in good standing of The North Pacific for 6 months and a legislator in our Regional Assembly for the same period and we believe he will meet the duties of this posting admirably. His responsibilities will include above all keeping your region informed of important affairs in The North Pacific, supporting our interregional ties by interpersonal ties through social involvement, keeping our government abreast of affairs in your region, and providing services to dual citizens should they be needed and welcome.

By accepting BMWSurfer as an ambassador, we hope you will continue to honour the long lasting relationship between The North Pacific and Wintreath.

Sincerely,
    Kaschovia
    Minister of Foreign Affairs.
    BMWSurfer
    • Village Drifter
    BMWSurfer
  • Village Drifter
  •    
    Note: Please forgive formatting issues, the content is just as good as it always is :D

[size=14] September General Elections[/size]
    by Brend0g, Min. of Communications
    The final General Elections of the year again proved very interesting with the vice delegate race proving to be tightly contested. For those new to the election cycle in TNP, every four months we have the General elections in which the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker of the Regional Assembly (RA) and Attorney General are elected.

With Pallaith being the incumbent, having the advantage, it was not surprising that Pallaith won the elections. Fellow candidates vying for one of the most influential positions in TNP and NS were Skittleyflakes and Kyoki Chudoku. Pallaith had the overwhelming support of the citizens.
    Pallaith's incumbent advantage helped him massively and ran on the platform of continuing the synergy and collaboration between ministries in his last term. Furthermore, he campaigned on the increased opportunities that TNP has his wiliness to go for it, yet keeping our independence and the identity of the region. Kyoki Chudoku campaigned on improving collaboration and averting conflict. Also, to make TNP a welcoming place, to better teach newer players how everything operates, to create a greater sense of regional unity and to give people entertainment along the way. Without any experience and knowledge of existing players and the foreign policy of The North Pacific, it was hard for Kyoki Chudoku to win. Her candidacy highlighted issues not perceived before such as the constant barrage of recruitment telegrams to be acknowledged and mitigated by her opponents. Finally, Flakey was the last candidate, and his platform was 'TNP is corrupt. I want to make TNP great!' With no experience and evidence, it was unsuccessful. With both opponents vastly inexperienced, Pallaith would win by a landslide of 64 votes, 89% of those voted.

The Vice Delegate race was the most exciting of the four officials being elected, with two major contenders, the incumbent Kasch and former Home Affairs minister Siwale. Kasch ran on experience, dedication, and activeness presenting a platform of continuing the public disclosure of the Security Council (SC) and continuing with events and the interaction between SCers and gameside. His opponent Siwale had a new approach to the Vice delegacy and thus had new ideas; requiring SCers to be citizens, trying to raise endorsements of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the whole SC through telegrams and endorsement goals. Finally, the last candidate was Hong Kong who inexperienced and a limited platform. Both candidates had competing ideas, but ultimately Siwale won with a close margin of 54%, 28 votes

Owenstacey stood for re-election as Speaker of the Regional Assembly (RA), on the simple platform of keeping the Office active and consistent through numerous deputies and weekly RA digests. Unsurprisingly with no other candidates, he won with 64 votes.

Finally, the office of the Attorney General (AG) Darcania stood for re-election on the platform of being active, some experience and knowledge of the TNP law. The contender was Midir and ran just because he wanted to change, and the end of Darcania’s numerous terms in the AG office. Unsurprisingly again, Darcania won with a landslide of 93% or 64 votes again.

Ultimately TNP saw a return of most officials to their respective offices, Palliath to the Delegacy, Owenstacy to the Speakership and Darcania to AG office while the Vice Delegacy had a new face, Siwale. We look forward the January elections next year where there will be an exciting race for Delegate at least, with Palliath’s two terms coming up to an end.

[size=14] Roleplay Reel #3[/size]
    by Iraelia, Citizen
    While roleplay always experiences important monthly changes, this month has been especially important in TNPRP as we held a Roleplay Convention. This event allowed for members of The North Pacific to discuss aspects of world building, pose questions to the moderators, and suggest reforms to the way roleplay occurs in Eras. Many different people participated in the event, role players and otherwise, but let us not forget the events that transpired in the actual canon of Eras.

In National RolePlay, the most impactful event was the Solidarity role play. Solidarity tracks the current ongoings of Cogoria, a communist nation on the Phoenix Strait, and it's relation to the Phoenix Union (PU) and Strait. It discusses the attitudes of the citizens Post-Crown Conflict, and also deals with a new trend that is the rising militarism in Cogoria. Ever since Oktobergrad was destroyed by Scallendovia, the people of Cogoria have been cautious of the PU in particular and foreign powers in general. As a result, they have begun a program to build several Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicles (MIRVs) with which to deliver nuclear warheads. In addition to this, they have finally debuted their power armor, which allows one man to fight with the strength of ten in combat. This comes at the drawback of physical harm to the wearer, but the Cogorian government has successfully hidden this fact while working on the means to improve it. To top off their militaristic rise, they have ordered round the clock patrols of the Strait and have demanded concessions from the PU for what their members (Scallendovia) did during the Crown Conflict. As of now, the PU has opted to draft a formal statement on the matter and begin a path to reconciliation. This has come as a disappointment to the nation of Maloria (a PU member), whose people have become incredibly cautious about their increasingly more aggressive neighbor.

In Negotiations, several things have occurred recently. The most important being the current activities of the PU. While the PU has yet to officially respond to the testing of several MIRVs and Power Armour by Cogoria, they have voted to address Cogoria on the events that transpired during the Crown Conflict. However, it is most likely that the PU will deal with Cogorian aggression once they have formally apologized and compensated Cogoria for the events of the Crown Conflict. One organization that saw an unusual spark in activity was the Trillium Compact, an alliance of democratic nations across Eras. A recent message was sent by the representative from Ceretis affirming his support of the prospective members. This means that a formal meeting may finally be called regarding the invitees, wherein a vote will occur. Finally, The Iterian League continued it's activity, with the Directorate passing a General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs. A vote is currently being held on a resolution regarding travel between League member states.

Finally, we can cover the results of the Roleplay Convention thus far. Many different topic areas came up during the debate, but these following were the most prominent; Continent Names, Time Zones, Geography, the Solar System, and Fantasy-Realism disconnect. On the issue of continent names, the convention all but ratified the names for Iteria and Meterra, the continents upon which Plembobria and Sasten reside respectively, as they are commonly used as canon. However, the northwestern continent, the dueling northeastern continents, and the southeastern/western continent had several proposals. The continent upon which Arrandal resides has been proposed as either Avignia (meaning phoenix), Craviter (roughly translates to crowned land), and Cavitria (a bastardization of Craviter). Three names have been proposed for the northwestern continent, all corresponding to the Gotic people which inhabit most of it; they are Gothas, Gothis, or Gathas. The continent on which Xentherida and Ceretis occupy has been proposed to be called Collandris, and has yet to receive a competitor. The Southwestern Continent has been suggested as Icenia, a name upon which all active role players on the landmass have agreed, and Kian/Kianza has been proposed as the name for the continent upon which McMasterdonia and Thenaca reside. As of now, no name is official. On the topic of time zones, it seems there is no consensus on a complete map of world time zones, but many role players have supported the idea of having an Eras version of Greenwich Mean Time based around the nation of McMasterdonia. This has faced opposition from some people, and an alternative has been proposed to run a line down the center of the map to determine the meantime. Meanwhile, the debate on geography has been decisive, with most role players agreeing that geography should be established between role players. Another fun idea that has been proposed was a solar system. Syrixia recently suggested that we establish a solar system for all those who wish to do space exploration with their nation. While it has seen some initial pushback, the debate is currently inconclusive. Finally, we have the Fantasy-Realism Disconnect. Many nations on Eras like to engage in some form of fantasy role play, be it dragons or faeries or what have you. This has been tolerated for the most part, but a recent uptick in the fantastical has led to a debate on the extent of which fantasy should be allowed in Eras. So far, many people wish to maintain the status quo in regards to the policy towards High Fantasy, but sentiment has swung against the favour of science fiction. But the fact is, no regulations will come into place unless the people wish to regulate other players themselves. In the words of Lead RolePlay Moderator Madjack, "Ultimately, I think it depends on how willing people are to let things go by." In summary, the role play convention has been incredibly productive thus far and looks as though it will remain to be until the end of the week-long extension.

This has been Roleplay Reel #3.

[size=14] Regional Assembly Highlights[/size]
    by Brend0g, Min. of Communications
    Considering the general elections taking half the month, we have seen decent activity in the Regional Assembly

Similarly, with last month, two more motions to admit Pallaith and Bootsie to the Security Council occurred, strengthening it to eight members. Bootsie's admission to the Security Council passed overwhelming with 29 voting aye, 2 nays and 8 abstaining. Furthermore, Palliath's acceptance to the Security Council also passed overwhelmingly with 34 voting aye, 3 nays and 4 abstaining.

Many bills are going to vote, more Security council motions, with Plemboria's and Kasch's, the Citizenship Security Evaluations Amendment. Other bills are under discussion, Reforming the Penal Code, Leave of Absence Removal Bill and Amendments to the Line of Succession.

Overall we have seen many Security Councillors being admitted and continues the trend from last month.

[size=14]Discord Analysis #3[/size]
    by Scorch, Deputy A.G
    This column does not represent the views of the Government of The North Pacific.
    In the previous issue, we focused on what came before Discord and how Discord became the prominent form of communication in NationStates. This issue we will be looking at how Discord has affected NationStates gameplay.

Many regions now use Discord for more than just basic communication. Regions have multiple servers, usually including a general server, military server, and government server. Many in-game decisions are discussed on Discord before they are ever executed on the NationStates site. Executive decisions are talked about on Discord, and the executive staff in regions also communicates through Discord.

Another aspect of NationStates that Discord is a part of is military actions. Many raiders and defenders now use Discord to communicate about their missions. This includes the discussions between military leaders, initial planning of the operation, the gathering of military members, the explanation of the operation, and the execution of the operation. Without a communication platform like Discord, many military operations would be made much more difficult.

The final aspect of NationStates that we will be discussing today are coups. Discord logs have now become a viable source of evidence that has been used as a defence in coups. In a recent incident in Lazarus, both sides were using Discord logs to show why their actions were justified. Some recent coups have been planned and orchestrated through Discord. As Discord continues to grow, this trend will likely increase.

Discord has become a part of nearly every part of NationStates. Not only is it the easiest way to communicate, but it also has many features that other communication platforms do not, allowing it to become even more useful and accessible. We will continue to see the use of Discord in planning military actions, government action, and citizen communication.

[size=14] Monthly Memoirs[/size]
    by Atlae, Deputy Min. Home Affairs
    Monthly Memoirs is back for September! This month’s theme was the September 2017 General Election (see General Election Results, written by Brend0g). The responses showed the variety and diversity in opinion we have as a region.

Here are those questions:

1. Did you vote in the September 2017 General Election?

2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?
    Here were our responses:

Quote from: abc, Minister

Yes, I always make sure to vote in all elections that come up as when the voter turnout high, democracy is working at its best.

Indeed I was. All of the candidates have the experience and qualifications needed to serve in their positions and have a strong commitment toward the people of TNP.

3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

This question proves to be exceedingly hard to answer. Honestly, there have been no elections so far where I have thought a different outcome would be beneficial.

The one policy change that I think would be very beneficial for the new government to undertake would be allowing both consulates and embassies so that small region wishing to have informal relations with us could. We would not need to send ambassadors to their regions but could still receive benefits such as news from their regions and invitations to their events.
    Quote from: Brend0g, Minister

I always vote in every election, the more, the merrier and represents all views of The North Pacific.

Indeed, all the officials that were elected had experience through previous positions and are well equipped to serve the TNP.

It's very hard but the January General lections of 2017 with the Vice delegate. Although Tomb won I would have like to seen a reopen of nominations to see for any other candidates. That was my first election and I felt that there was no choice.

I think we need to be more open to smaller and more diverse regions to let smaller regions become more familiar as well as allowing a chance for smaller regions to be more involved with GCR's which have a larger influence
    Quote from: Kasch, Minister

Yes, I did.

Happy? Wrong word. I didn't see the result I wanted, but I am very supportive of those elected.

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

I don't really know, to be honest, that's a tough question.

Q4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

Once again, I can't think of any specific policies that I would want them to change at the moment.
    Quote from: Zeek, Deputy Speaker

Yes.

Since I was still new to the region, I was indifferent but happy for those who were re-elected and for Siwale winning after a hard-fought campaign to Kasch who I'll bet will be Delegate someday.

Though in the future I might be upset over a result, why would I want to overrule the will of the people?

I will answer this question after future elections as I'm still new and learning about the foreign/domestic policies of the region.
    Quote from: Great Bights Mum, Administrator Emeritus

Yes, I did.

Yes, I am.

It's a toss-up. Pixiedance for obvious reasons. Lewis & Clark for a more complicated reason. With Pixiedance, we had no idea how badly things would turn out, but with L&C we should have seen. In retrospect, I feel there was much more I could have done to prevent the Crimson problem. The timing of the election, which resulted in ridiculously low voter turnout was something that should never have happened. The politics at the time left the region severely divided. Not squished like with Pixiedance, but broken in some ways that were harder to mend. That's probably where I would wish for a do-over.

Not so much of change, but greater emphasis on NPA recruiting. Our military is very active, and it's a lot of fun to be involved in the NPA. We have a big region, and I think there are opportunities to grow our armed forces.
    Quote from: Flakey, Resident

Yes

Q2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

No, not really

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

I'd change the September 2017 Election to where I would win.

Q4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

I don't know
    Quote from: Owenstacey, Speaker

Yes

Q2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

Yes, I was very happy with the result for obvious reasons.

This one is hard for me, but I would change the May Speaker election where I lost to Bootsie. Many will already understand why I would choose this because I went on to have to run the Office alone for nearly a month so I would have to change that.

One I would like to see is a further emphasis on activity and engagement in the FA ministry. At the moment it seems to have fallen away from what it once was with very few ambassadors consistently posting reports. So my policy change would be to do more work with the FA ministry as this is what the rest of the world see about us.

[size=14] The Spotlight #6: An Interview with Owenstacey[/size]
    by Owenstacey & Kasch, Speaker & Min. Foreign Affairs.
    Kasch: Welcome, Owenstacey! You're the 6th person to appear on the exclusive interview segment *the Spotlight*. How does it feel?

Owenstacey: Well, thank you for having me, Kasch. It feels great to have the chance to put myself across to the region so people can get to know me a little better. The Spotlight has interviewed some of the top North Pacific citizens, so I feel honoured to be a part of that list.

Kasch: Now, the first question. How do you feel about the most recent election?

Owenstacey: I believe it went as well as it could have for me. Okay, I was the only one that stood for Speaker, but I can only beat whatever is in front of me. I'm thrilled to have won the majority that I did because it shows that so many people have faith in me and for what I have been doing. However, I would have liked more to have taken an interest in the race and other people to be enthusiastic and give it a go as there is no harm in running.

Kasch: The election was relatively recent, but now let's go all the way back. Owen, for those who don't know you, tell us your backstory in the North Pacific. Where did you come from?

Owenstacey: Well, I started back in August 2016 when I founded in The North Pacific. I then spent about the first-week answering issues before I decided to join the offsite forum. Then I joined the Diplomatic Corp as soon as I got my citizenship because I wanted to get involved with other regions. Praetor really helped me settle in and find my feet as an ambassador and shaped my first days in The North Pacific and create my path for the future.

Kasch: Could you give us a little more information about your time as Speaker?

Owenstacey: Sure. It all started after I lost the election in May to Bootsie. He went inactive soon and left me to run the office on my own because I had no power to appoint Deputies as I was one myself. I feel that this time cemented my love for the Office. Then after Bootsie eventually resigned I won the Special election and was officially appointed Speaker. This was really special for me because it showed that all of the hard work in the month previously had shown. Then for the rest of that term, I worked alongside my Deputies, Crushing Our Enemies, Abbey and abc to try to get the Office more active and more efficient.

Kasch: You have had a sparkling career so far! We all want you to keep doing this well. Next question, who is a role model in this community for you? Who do you look up to?

Owenstacey: For me it has to be Pallaith or Crushing our Enemies (COE). Since I joined the Speaker's Office as a Deputy under Pallaith, he has helped me and guided me along my way and got me to where I am now. During the time under Bootsie when I was working on my own, he was always there if I needed him and he was the one that kept me going when I wanted to give up. Even now, when I am Speaker, and he is Delegate, we still talk often, and I know he is there if I have any queries.

COE has also helped me so much since I got involved with the Speaker's Office and has always been there if I needed any help. He also chose to come back to the Office and help me rebuild, which I think shows how dedicated he is and how much the Speaker's Office means to him and me just wish I could have the dedication and determination he has.

Kasch:What is the most important thing that you have learnt as Speaker?

Owenstacey: I don't know what the most important thing I've learnt is because I've learnt so much. But if I had to choose one thing it would have to be having patience when things are hard.

Kasch: Going forward, what tips do you have for potential Speakers?

Owenstacey: I definitely have a couple of tips. One of them is to start early. If you have an interest in the Legislature, don't wait, get involved in any way you can so you can start learning as soon as possible. My second tip is don't give up. There will always be times when you want to give up and quit. Don't. If you want it, you have to chase it. I'm not going to lie, there have been many times when I wanted to quit, but it was the determination that led me to continue that has got me to where I am now.

Kasch: Regarding NS and the North Pacific, where do you see yourself in a year?

Owenstacey: To be honest, I don't know where I see myself in a year, so much can change. If I asked myself when I started, I would never have said I would be Speaker of the Regional Assembly but here I am. The only thing I'm sure of is I will still be in The North Pacific, just in what capacity I don't know.

Kasch: Interesting, do you see yourself ever moving into another government position? And if so, which position can you see yourself in next?

Owenstacey: I can see myself moving into another government position at some point; I just don't know when. And which position, I can see myself running for Vice Delegate, then maybe Delegate at some point, but I don’t know when that will be.

Kasch: Oh, really? I think you should go for it! If you had to pick a dream cabinet, who would be in it?

Owenstacey: That is a really hard question as there are so many amazing citizens to choose from, but if I had to choose I would have Sil Dorsett as my Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Sil has done amazing work with the ministry since stepping up to the role, and I'm sure with grow in coming times. My Minister of Foreign Affairs would have to be Lord Ravenclaw; he has been huge in his work for the region and during his time as Delegate. Even now he is still quite active in the ministry so that I couldn't look past him. Gladio would have to be my Defence Minister. The work he has done this term and previous terms to rebuild the NPA and make it as active as it is now is a testament to how hard he loves the ministry and how important he would be to my Cabinet.

My Culture Minister would be Mcmasterdonia. The work he has done in the past, and the plans that are in place for this term shows how much it can grow on last term so, Mcmasterdonia would have to be my Culture Minister. My Minister for Communications would have to be you, Kasch. The work you did in your term as Minister in getting it to the level of activity it is at now is hugely impressive, and I feel that you would be perfect for the role again. Finally, my Home Affairs Minister would have to be Siwale. The work Siwale did last term in getting the ministry active and working on recruitment as well as the Forum mentors and keeping both sides very active is something I would want and Siwale would be able to do it very well.

Kasch: Great choices! What would you say your greatest strengths and weaknesses are?

Owenstacey: My greatest strength has to be my determination and dedication shown after running the Speaker office on my own for a month and not giving up. My weakness, experience. Okay I have tons of experience with TNP law and the legislative branch but if I was to move over to the executive branch at some time, I have only held one role in the executive branch, Deputy WA Minister for a short time, so I would be at a disadvantage compared to their people who may have held roles in that side of government.

Kasch: And so what made you start playing NationStates?

Owenstacey: Before I started playing Nationstates I had spent quite a while trying to find a political simulation game to play and really get my teeth into. Then one day I found Nationstates, created what is my main nation Sheppey and the rest is history.

Kasch: Sounds like a similar story to many other players, of all the things you have done in NationStates, what are you most proud of?

Owenstacey: It's got to be getting elected Speaker at the Special election. It summed up how far I have come and proved that I had the backing of the citizenry to go forward.

Kasch: Who has been your most influential mentor in NationStates so far?

Owenstacey: It has to be Praetor. From when I first started playing and got involved with the FA ministry I received so much advice and inspiration from him. He gave me the passion for Foreign Affairs I have now. Even after he came back from his break, I continued to talk with him, and he continued to help me move forward.

Kasch: If everyone else was to CTE, which six nations would you save?

Owenstacey: This is such a hard question. The first Nation I would have to would be Lord Ravenclaw. The amount of work he has done for the region is so inspirational, and I could not imagine a region without him.
    The second would be R3naissanc3r. He has done so much work for the region and has developed us so far forward as well as creating so many tools to make our lives easier, so R3n would have another one.My next nation I would save is Mcmasterdonia. Again for very similar reasons as Lord Ravenclaw, Mcmasterdonia has done so much for the region, I could not think of anyone else that I would want to save.
    Pallaith would be my next nation to save. One of the people I have looked up to for so long. He has done so much for the region since he joined I would have to save him. Another nation would have to be Crushing Our Enemies. I can't think of many people that have done as much for one branch of government as COE. I would need someone that could help get the Legislature back on track after the CTE's, and I cannot look past him.
    My final choice would be Zvyetskistaahn. Zvyet did so much for the Speaker's Office in his huge tenure as Speaker and I know he would help in so many ways.

Kasch: Finally, what other region do you find most interesting?

Owenstacey: It would have to be The Pacific. This is probably because they have for so long not been one of our allies but we are now starting to get close to them, so they way they run their region interests me and is one of the reasons I also chose to be the TNP ambassador to The Pacific.

[size=14] North Pacific Army Bulletin[/size]
    by Yuno, Citizen
    On September 2nd,
    1. Gladio
    2. Zazumo
    3. Agadir
    4. Iraelia
    5. Otto IV
    6. BluieGamer
    purged and exorcised populations of depraved rogues from across NationStates.

One day later,
    1. Agadir
    2. BluieGamer
    3. Gladio
    4. QD
    5. Zazumo
    6. Sinabix
    went on an ultimate Pass/Death mission, following BluieGamer and Agadir into battle, the two soldiers were to lead their battalions. They set timer bombs and released their warcry as they wrecked the burning invaders and freed the regions from their puppet state controls.
    BluieGamer and Agadir are hereby promoted to Lieutenant
    and awarded the ribbon of Officer for their heroic actions .
    As for private Sinabi, General Gladio was proud to elevate Sinabi to Private First Class. He was a fast learner and the top quality among privates, and with time he will undoubtedly advance.

Days later, on the 9th of September, the cleansing of the pillaged and polluted villages of Dankville, Nepots, and Belaus were performed by 10 of the most eminent military leaders.
    North Pacific Soldiers:
    1. Gladio
    2. QuietDad
    3. AgadirI
    4. Zazumo
    5. Malphe
    6. Cimmerien
    7. Zeek
    8. Sinabix
    9. BluieGamer
    10. Minesearch

Only two days later, and another 3 were cleansed: The Mountains to The East, Tristique, and Excellus.
    And once again, 10 sizable nations combined militaristic forces.
    1. Gladio
    2. QuietDad
    3. Lozinak
    4. Malphe
    5. Zazumo
    6. Otto IV
    7. Zeek
    8. Agadir
    9. Bluie
    10. Sinabix

Unable to suppress their sheer raw power, they invaded the Warzone Australia, eliminated all dissenters, destroyed infrastructure, and confiscated all gold and resources.
    Lozinak earns his place to be with Agadir and BluieGamer in the Lieutenant Corps:

Exhilarated by victory, only 24 hours later, the NPA set off to emancipate six more countries!:
    1. The Ezraltonian Region of World Affairs
    2. Kiklandian Blackhole
    3. Republic of Isolation
    4. Star Trek United Federation of Planets
    5. The Enchanted Forest of Summertom
    6. Somewhere over the Rainbow

These were the NPA military nations that performed such an action:
    1. Gladio
    2. Zazumo
    3. QuietDad
    4. Malphe
    5. Darcania
    6. Otto IV
    7. BluieGamer
    8. Agadir

(Hint: If you want to be one of us, join the NPA.)

Gladio and NPA's bloodlust still not sated, 24 hours later they straight up released TEN REGIONS, breaking their speed record despite their large numbers and the difficulties that are associated with transporting sheer large armies. These are the regions the North Pacific Army exterminated malicious leeches from:
    1.Regional Gaggle
    2.The Southwark Keys
    3.RDG Lancashire
    4.Ecommunists
    5.Z Fighters
    6.The Globalist World
    7.Puppet and Abandon Nation Dumps
    8.PC World
    9.Boston
    10.Menterra II

The heroes of this one are as listed:
    1.Gladio
    2.QuietDad
    3.Zazumo
    4.Lozinak
    5.Agadir
    6.Malphe
    7.Sinabix

This heartbreaking victory fascinated thousands of nations across the North Pacific, inciting hundreds more to enlist in the premier Army. Unfortunately, the General accepts only the shrewdest, most tactical and impregnable of nations. He sent hundreds of nations to fight wars, saving countries Umbra and EAEA. 8 victors emerged:
    1. Gladio
    2. QuietDad
    3. Zazumo
    4. Malphe
    5. Sinabix
    6. Cotook
    7. BluieGamer
    8. Goyanes

Gladio proudly awarded these soldiers with NPA rations, and Goyanes with a Lieutenant promotion, and an Officer medal. He is to join the four other newly minted Lieutenants of this month, as future generational leaders.

Obviously still bloodthirsty immediately after vetting through thousands of recruits by death, Gladio decided to transfer total control of his ARMY to his fresh-meat Lieutenant (who was promoted mere 24 hours ago) Goyane, to have another go at it 24 hours later, ("it" being nuclear warfare.) Leading the forces himself, he and the 7 NPA Soldiers:
    1. Gladio
    2. Darcania
    3. QD
    4. Cotook
    5. Malphe
    6. Zazumo
    7. Goyanes
    decimated the criminals of Confederacy of Pan Austronesian States, and Cascendra, freeing the innocent residents from enemy slave labor. It was an exhausting battle. Very exhausting, all the soldiers came out bloodied, some were amputated and harmed. All of them were hospitalized.

It took them 5 days to recover, but no more than that, because they were needed and demanded back on the field. And they stacked up their weapons, gunpowder, tanks, armory, rations, and joined the next emergency fray of sensitive, critical territories.The North Pacific Army combined forces with TEP, TWP, Osiris and UK, and INVADED JAPAN.
    1.Gladio
    2.Zazumo
    3.Sinabix
    4.Goyanes
    5.Malphe
    6.Otto IV
    7.BluieGamer
    8.Agadir
    9.BMWSurfer
    10.Cimmerien
    11.Radicaster
    12.Lozinak
    13.Yalkan
    14.Darcania
    15.QuietDad
    16.Sasten

It was a powerful raid, they got what they wanted out of Japan, and allowed Japan to remain unharmed after their fresh surrender. Stocking up their supplies, the 7 of the NPA left to save more regions that needed a dictatorial revolution.
    1. Warren2020
    2. La Mesa Redonda
    3. The Northern Pacific Ocean
    4. Kosovo
    5. Europia
    6. Suequlla

These are the 7 perspicacious soldiers:
    1.Gladio
    2.QuietDad
    3.Otto IV
    4.Malphe
    5.Agadir
    6.Zazumo
    7.Darcania
    Almost one country per soldier.

Having done one INVASION, the NPA was more power hungry than they were before, and conquered Warzone Africa, re-established dominance over Warzone Australia, and destroyed Fascist State, a violently extremist ideological region. They also saved the UDN while they were at it. 9 NPAers took part:
    1. Gladio
    2. QuietDad
    3. Darcania
    4. Malphe
    5. Sasten
    6. Agadir
    7. Goyanes
    8. BluieGamer
    9. Zazumo

They wanted one more raid, so precisely 2 days later, on the 23rd of September, the North Pacific Army and the West Pacific Armed Forces teamed up to invade annex The Union of The Axis Powers, and successfully.
    Simultaneously, The North Pacific performed two side missions to rescue Belaus and The Federation of Mira. Lieutenant Lozinak, the newest Lieutenant, was the soldier who ordered, oversaw, organized and lead the army into the the liberations. These are the soldiers who contributed:
    1. Lozinak
    2. Goyanes
    3. Malphe
    4. Agadir
    5. QuietDad
    6. BluieGamer
    7. Cimmerien
    8. Gladio
    9. Zazumo

Goyanes, not to be outshined by his fellow lieutenant, also led 9 North Pacific Nations into the jingoistic crusade:
    The occupation of TNWO, the executions of the reprobates of Futhead, The Fascist Territories, and TNWO. These are the NPA soldiers who exerted their combat poweress:
    1. Cimmerien
    2. QuietDad
    3. Zeek
    4. Agadir
    5. Bluie
    6. Otto IV
    7. Malphe
    8.BMWSurfer
    9. Goyanes

And with that concludes today:
    1. Gladio
    2. Agadir
    3. Zazumo
    4. Malphe
    5. QuietDad
    The last five, who rebuilt the demolished ruins that the Roman Empire had incinerated.
    XParliament
    Fritteria
    The Greater Empire
    The Christian States
    Social Democratic Coalition
    Union of The World Socialist Republics
    United Entities of Equality
    The Islamic Imperial Colonies
    Gotta Love Appreciation
    Try It and See It

THE LAST OP OF SEPTEMBER, on the 28th at Minor Update time, the top brass leadership of the North Pacific Army spearheaded the seizure of Warzone Sandbox. Minister of Defense Gladio, General QuietDad, Lieutenant BluieGamer, Lieutenant Zazumo, Lieutenant Malphe, and Lieutenant Agadir conquered this marshal field, and emerged from the war - victorious.

Proof Samples:
    Spoiler
    Battle report:

Reinnovated appearance:

Proof Samples:
    Battle report:
    Spoiler

Battle report:

Battle report:

Conclusion:

HAIL TNP, BURN & CONQUER ON!!!!

[small]The Northern Lights: Beauty in Truth
    Publisher: Pallaith :: Executive Editor: Brend0g:: Managing Editors: Kasch and Iraelia:: Graphic Artist: Imki + SillyString

The Northern Lights is produced by the Ministry of Communications on behalf of the Government of The North Pacific and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Except where otherwise indicated, all content represents the views of the Government of The North Pacific.

[/b][/small]
    BMWSurfer
    • Village Drifter
    Loz
  • Village Drifter

• The North Pacific
    Magicality City, 2/12/2018

Dear Wintermoot

The government of The North Pacific entreats you to accept Lozinak & Ark as ambassadors between our two regions. They have been citizens in good standing of The North Pacific for one year, and seven months respectively. Both have been legislators in our Regional Assembly for the same period and we believe they will meet the duties of this posting admirably. Their responsibilities will include above all keeping your region informed of important affairs in The North Pacific, supporting our interregional ties by interpersonal ties through social involvement, keeping our government abreast of affairs in your region, and providing services to dual citizens should they be needed and welcome.

By accepting Lozinak & Ark as ambassadors, we hope you will continue to honour the long lasting relationship between The North Pacific and Wintreath.

Sincerely,
    Pallaith
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:22:27 PM by Lozinak »
    Loz
    • Village Drifter
    Loz
  • Village Drifter
      The January General Election

by Kaschovia, Minister of Communications

This January election cycle, we witnessed historic and never-before-seen voter participation as four people won their respective elections. Lord Ravenclaw, Gladio, Mall, and Falapatorius declared their candidacies for Delegate; Bootsie, Siwale, and McMasterdonia declared their candidacies for Vice Delegate; Darcania and Clean Land declared their candidacies for Speaker; and HuAt and Goyanes declared their candidacies for Attorney General.

The Race for the Delegacy

Lord Ravenclaw's campaign arrived under the 'Still Soaring' slogan, and campaigned on his prior record of service in the North Pacific and other regions to deliver on a comprehensive platform which emphasised a strong World Assembly performance, a strong diplomatic presence, a robust and flexible North Pacific Army alongside a vibrant internal culture and roleplay world.

Gladio's campaign reverted to a more simple, but bold slogan, with 'Progress and Results'. He campaigned on his strong record of service as a long-serving Minister of Defence, his impressive history of more than 200 NPA missions, his work as a contributing author to The Northern Lights, to the Diplomatic Corps, and his significant contribution to recruitment and retention efforts through his participation in the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Mall, a perennial candidate for the Delegacy formulated his campaign around six core promises. These included boosting his influence with the support of major raider organisations, using legal methods to reduce the endo counts of other TNP nations, appointing former TNP rogue Delegate JAL as Minister of Defence, purging the region of dissidents, and finally that should it be apparent that he would lose the Delegacy, he would eject himself and a collection of WA nations to conquer ‘the Fratt infested hellhole'.

Falapatorius campaigned on his more than four years of citizenship in the North Pacific, his service in the Attorney General's office and his military experience with various external organisations. He expressed a hesitance to make any major changes and his unwillingness to overthrow the legitimate government.

Gladio won the election for Delegate with 58 votes (56.86%) to Lord Ravenclaw's 40 votes, (39.22), Mall's 4 votes (3.92%), and 5 abstentions.

The Race for the Vice Delegacy

One interesting thing about the Vice Delegate election was that every candidate had already served in the position at least once before. McMasterdonia was the first of the group to serve as Vice Delegate, Bootsie was the second, and Siwale was the last.

McMasterdonia's campaign focused on his prior service and contributions to the community as Delegate, Vice Delegate, Security Councillor, and in various Cabinet roles including as Minister of Culture during Pallaith's second term. He expressed his goals if elected Vice Delegate, the first being to expand and improve upon the efforts of the TNP for #1 endorsement competition, expanding SC engagement with the RMB through in-game activities, including SC hosted theme weeks, games and activities.

Siwale, campaigned on a highly successful term for the Security Council and for himself as the Vice Delegate. His goals included growing the high level of activity within the Security Council and the endorsement count of all WA nations, the prompt processing of citizenship applications, the pragmatic disclosure of SC discussions, and pursuing necessary legal reform as appropriate.

Bootsie campaigned on his belief in the importance of the security of the North Pacific, and his involvement in the Security Council in eliminating all threats to The North Pacific. He campaigned on his prior service to the region in various roles, and that his commitment and activity level would ensure that security checks were performed promptly, and that endorsement counts would improve across the region.

Siwale won the election for Vice Delegate with 49 votes (50.52%) to McMasterdonia's 41 votes (42.27%), Bootsie's 7 votes (7.22%), and 10 abstentions.

The Race for Speaker

Darcania presented his platform in splendid fashion, tracing his goals and aims through creative and beautifully crafted haiku verses. He outlined his plans to develop: a chrome extension to make Admin and Speaker checks more efficient and accurate; a cog for the Discord bot to allow members to claim nations and be automatically masked; a counting sheet for the citizens registry; and a small utility script in the Citizens registry to generate an admin request based on the sheet to move and delete rows automatically.

Clean Land, the other candidate in this race did not post a campaign and voted for Darcania in the election.

Darcania won the election for Speaker with 98 votes (98%) to Clean Land's 2 votes (2%), and 7 abstentions.

The Race for Attorney General

Goyanes, the incumbent Attorney General campaigned on his prior service and goals to work on the ongoing R4Rs before the Court, on making TNP Law more understandable and accessible to the community, maintaining a quick and effective response to legal complaints, and continuing to provide excellent legal advice to members of the Government.

HuAt campaigned based on his prior experience in the Court as Assistant Attorney General under PaulWallLibertarian42, and his role as lead investigator in Falapatorius v. Flemingovia. HuAt promised to be fair and impartial in all legal decisions and to focus on the facts of all cases and complaints an investigation and trial ensues.

Goyannes won the election for Attorney General with 80 votes (95.24%), to HuAt's 4 votes (4.76%), and 23 abstentions.

World Assembly Affairs Digest January 2018
      by Deropia, Minister of World Assembly Affairs
      Minister: Deropia
      Deputy Minister: Kranostav
      Deputy Minister: Veniyerris

From the Minister's desk:

Hello everyone! I'm Deropia, your newly appointed Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Here you'll find details of everything that has happened in the World Assembly and the Ministry in the past month. I'd like to take a moment now to congratulate Kranostav on being reappointed, and Veniyerris on being appointed Deputy Ministers.

Do you want to have a greater impact on the outcome of votes in the World Assembly? If you do, that's great because you can! In The North Pacific our Delegate casts their vote in the World Assembly based on the results of a poll we hold on our regional forum! All you need is to have your WA nation in The North Pacific and have an account on the forum, that's it!

Would you like to help others decide how to vote on World Assembly resolutions? Then the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs wants you! The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs releases a voting recommendation for every proposal that reaches the voting floor and distributes it to every WA nation in The North Pacific. By joining the Executive Staff you can help us write our recommendations and make your opinion known to more than 1,500 nations!

I look forward to serving you all in the coming months.

Anyways, without further ado here's what we voted on, how we voted and what the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended

General Assembly
      Improving the world, one resolution at a time.
      Proposal: Voting Equality for Freed Inmates
      Delegates Vote: For
      Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 1 Abstain: 2
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 534 Against: 84 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.18%
      Final Vote (World): For: 14,314 Against: 3,117
      Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs reviewed the resolution and found its intentions are straightforward. Voting Equality for Freed Inmates does exactly as its title says, and ensures that voting privileges are extended to convicted criminals, provided that they have completed their term of incarceration and are not subject to parole or a probation order. Exceptions are reasonably provided for instances where the voter has been convicted of crimes related to voter fraud or has aided a foreign or domestic power in subverting the lawful government. Democracy is one of the core values of The North Pacific and the Ministry believes that the right to vote is one that should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their past. Voting Equality for Freed Inmates accomplishes this without placing undue hardship on national and local governments.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended voting for the resolution.
      Proposal: Protection of Biomedical Research
      Forum Vote: For: 11 Against: 6 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 565 Against: 44 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.59%
      Final Vote (World): For: 13,762 Against: 3,856
      Recommendation: Protection of Biomedical Research is a relatively mild proposal that seeks to ensure a standard of ethics and scientific rigor in biomedical experiments within the World Assembly. It ensures that member states engage only in research where the well-being and ethical treatment of the subjects are prioritized, but in a manner which makes additional testing on both human and lab animal tests possible. Further, it promotes additional research by tasking the World Assembly Science Programme to coordinate and advise international research efforts, as well as share data volunteered by researchers.

More importantly, the proposal preempts future attempts to block biomedical research in the name of religious or moral objections, ensuring that WA members can engage in research in the best interests of their populations.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended voting for the resolution.

Proposal: Ozone Layer Protection
      Forum Vote: For: 12 Against: 0 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 544 Against: 83 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.68%
      Final Vote (World): For: 15,211 Against: 2,998
      Recommendation: On oxygen rich planets, the Ozone layer acts as essential protection against harmful UV rays. However, some industrial chemicals currently used deplete this fragile layer. This resolution seeks to reduce the damage done to the ozone layer by some of the chemicals used by industry. It accomplishes this by mandating that member nations and a newly created subcommittee, the Atmospheric Chemistry Establishment, identify Ozone depleting chemicals and research alternatives. This resolution also tasks the ACE with setting deadlines for phasing out the use of ozone-depleting chemicals from use, and requires that member nations cease production and use of these chemicals by these deadlines. Ozone Layer Protection provides an exemption to this by allowing the ACE to provide waivers to member nations, provided that the chemicals are used in a closed system and can not harm atmospheric chemistry in other nations.

Security Council
      Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
      Proposal: Repeal: Liberate Dank Memes
      Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 0 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 514 Against: 36 Percentage of WA nations voting: 35.59%
      Final Vote (World): For: 14,623 Against: 1,156
      Recommendation: The point of a liberation is to allow native and defender forces the opportunity to reclaim a region from invading forces. As Dank Memes has been refounded by invading forces, this is no longer possible and makes any attempt to return the region to native residents doomed to failure. This makes the Security Council's liberation of Dank Memes unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a voting for the resolution.
      Proposal: Commend Tsunamy
      Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 1 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 503 Against: 34 Percentage of WA nations voting: 34.53%
      Final Vote (World): For: 11,196 Against: 3,483

Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that commendations should be reserved for nations that have had a lasting effect on their region or the international community at large. When it comes to the commendation of Tsunamy, there is a wealth of information to consider. Beginning with their reestablishing The South Pacific's regional forum and salvaging the Coalition of the South Pacific's Charter after it was lost in the aftermath of the coup by The Xyz Affair. We must also take into consideration the numerous coup attempts that Tsunamy has defended The South Pacific against and their efforts to restore the region after such attempts have been successful. We should consider the loyalty and dedication they have shown to their region in the numerous elected and appointed positions they have held over the years, such as serving as World Assembly Delegate for over two years spread over three terms. During their tenure in The South Pacific, they have provided advice to newly formed national governments and played an integral role in shaping the culture of The South Pacific.

Proposal: Commend The MT Army
      Forum Vote: For: 6 Against: 7 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 508 Against: 96 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.06%
      Final Vote (World): For: 8,762 Against: 7,148

Recommendation: The MT Army is a dedicated and widely-respected anti-fascist and anti-Nazi military force who has served NationStates for the last 14 years. The MT Army worked alongside the Pacific Defenders which began the Anti Nazi Alliance who functioned as a bane against hatred and bigotry in NationStates through the early to mid-2000's. The MT Army's numerous laudable achievements in fighting hatred include the destruction of The URAP, Greater German Reich, and assisting the North Pacific Army, among others, in the destruction of NAZI EUROPE. The MT Army has also administered Antifa and inspired as well as guided many anti-hate regions that are currently active defending NationStates from hatred and bigotry. The Ministry believes that the significant contributions of The MT Army to the fight against intolerance, as well as their numerous military accomplishments and a long history of service to the community, is worthy of commendation.

Proposal: Liberate Iran
      Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 4 Abstain: 0
      Final Vote (TNP): For: 599 Against: 38 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.93%
      Final Vote (World): For: 16,268 Against: 1,406

Recommendation: The region of Iran was invaded 5 years ago and was left to die behind a password. Although a significant amount of time has passed since the region was passworded, this should have no effect on whether or not a region is worthy of liberation. The nations currently occupying the region are under the control of a puppetmaster, so the liberation will most likely be successful. Additionally, the author of the proposal reached out to former natives of the region, and there was at least one native that was interested in returning. The Ministry believes that so long as there is at least one native willing to return to their home, that a liberation is worthwhile.

Regional Assembly Highlights
      by Brendog, Minister of Home Affairs
      Over the past two months, we have seen plenty of proposals, but many are still in discussion:

Passed
      • The first to pass in December (11.12.17) was a motion to Plembobria to the Security Council motioned by McMasterdonia and seconded by other received 41 ayes, 3 nays, and 6 abstentions;

• Palliaith appointed Crushing Our Enemies, SillyString, Darcania , Eluvatar, Siwale, Syrixia, and Scorch as Election Commissioners in accordance with the Election Reform Bill. The vote being motioned by Mallorea and Rivaand seconded by Drasnia. All were confirmed on the 19th of December;

• Siwale's Security Council Suspensions Amendment bill also passed on the 11th of January, with 42 ayes, 1 nay, and 6 abstentions.
      In discussion from previous months
      On hold

The Spotlight #9: An Interview with Delegate Gladio
      by Kaschovia and Gladio, Minister of Communications and Delegate
      Kaschovia: Gladio! It's great to have you on the 9th Edition of the Spotlight!

Gladio: Thank you for having me Kaschovia, it's a pleasure to be here.

Kaschovia: So, it's been an eventful few weeks, with the lead up to the general elections and the campaigning... and eventually, the winning! But what did you find was the toughest thing for you to do over the election process?

Gladio: This was my first time running in the General Elections and the elections proved to be really interesting and challenging! I had to run against a really strong candidate, as my main opponent for the position Lord Ravenclaw is a former two-time Delegate of our region and thus convincing people to vote for me over him wasn't easy. I am glad it all worked out in the end and that I came out as the winner.

Kaschovia:I can imagine the kind of competition there must have been! How does it feel to be the new Delegate of the North Pacific?

Gladio: I've been in TNP for over six years now and it's truly an honor for me to be given the chance to be Delegate to our wonderful region. It's very exciting but at the same time, it's also very hectic, getting so many queries all the time and having so many things that require your immediate attention is definitely something that I'm not used to.

Kaschovia: It must be. What is your main goal as Delegate?

Gladio: Before running for Delegate I was Minister of Defense for six full terms, however, there is a difference between being a Minister and a Delegate, when you are a Minister you only have one ministry and therefore you only have one problem to think about. When you are a Delegate you have six different problems that you have to worry about! I ran on a simple campaign platform that's based on realistic goals for each ministry that I believe I will be able to accomplish. My main goal for this term will be to ensure that all the ministries remain active and continue to work efficiently throughout my entire term as Delegate and to recruit as many new people from the game side as possible, integrate them into our community and encourage them to become part of our executive staff.

Kaschovia: That sounds great, Gladio. If you had to dissolve one of the currently existing ministries, which would it be and why?

Gladio: Currently I'm satisfied with the performance of Defense, Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, Communications, Culture and World Assembly Affairs and the amount of workload that each ministry has, that being said I don't plan to Create/Remove any ministries.

Kaschovia: You certainly are confident in your government, very reassuring. How do you want your Delegacy to be remembered by future TNPers?

Gladio: I hope that after the end of my term, future TNPers will remember me as a successful Delegate who always worked hard for the good of the region and that the work I leave behind me will inspire and motivate others to do the same.

Kaschovia: What are you most worried about happening during your Delegacy?

Gladio: Tough question, I think right now at the beginning of my Delegacy I don't have any particular concerns as I believe I have more than enough time and energy to resolve any issues should they occur.

Kaschovia: If you had to say, which ministry is the most important to your government, and why?
      And you can't say all of them.

Gladio: Each ministry is important in its own way but if I had to pick... I would say Home Affairs. I think arguably this ministry could be considered as the most important and vital one because of the vast amount of work they do by bringing in new members and helping to integrate them into our community. Without their efforts our region would have less new blood and many other ministries would stagnate as a result of this.

Kaschovia: That is very true! Who, in NationStates, do you or have you looked up to? Who, in NationStates terms, is your idol?

Gladio: McMasterdonia and r3naissanc3r. McM Is the one who recruited me into the NPA and was my mentor In my early days when I first got actively involved In gameplay. Under r3n's delegacy, I served my first two terms as Minister of Defence. I've had the pleasure of working with him many times now and I have very good working relations with him and we easily get along very well.

Kaschovia: What is your favorite thing about being Delegate?

Gladio: My favorite thing about being a Delegate would have to be the given opportunity to work with people from different branches not just from TNP but from other regions as well.

Kaschovia: What is your biggest concern regarding the North Pacific, right now?

Gladio: Right now the North Pacific is a safe and stable region so at this moment I don't have any particular concerns regarding our region.

Kaschovia: Alright, thanks for your responses Gladio, good luck with the upcoming term!

RMB Roleplay Reel #2
      by Yukkira, Deputy Minister
      This month, the RMB RP Reel would like to take a special look at the TNP Winter Olympics, created and hosted by resident TNP RMB RPer, Toshavo; more commonly known as Global Socialist Republic (GSR). GSR used to run one of the biggest alliances within the Strangereal community. But due to real life concerns, in addition to in-character politics, had to step down, and ultimately disband the alliance. Now, he's just another neutral country on the map, attempting to do something potentially monumental...

The 2018 North Pacific Winter Olympics is a major sporting event for all nations in the North Pacific to come together and rejoice in sports. It was an idea that Toshavo had for a long time; he thought it would be fun to do it out of character and include not just nations of the TNP RMB but nations of the entire region. Thus, he purposely planned and organized the games in the same time frame when the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics would begin.

The entire premise of the games was for nations of TNP to send their best athletes to compete in an international tournament. He envisioned it as a peaceful way to bring Strangereal together versus creating a world-spanning conflict. As of Jan. 21st, there are 28 nations competing in the Olympics. Participants include those of whom are RMB regulars, TNP government officials, and even nations from foreign regions.

This year, the Olympics will feature all of the real winter Olympic sports. From skiing to snowboarding, nations will compete in 15 sporting events, over a span of two weeks.

Toshavo's own nation will be the stage of the Olympics. From the Opening to the Closing Ceremonies, from the snow-covered mountains to the city, the capital city of Toshavo, Franshov will host the games.

The Opening Ceremony will be held on Feb. 9th. And the Closing Ceremony will be held on Feb. 25th. We hope to have 35 nations (or more) competing. An ambitious goal was to have this become one of the biggest sporting events in TNP's history.

He even made a website for it here.

He hopes to make this a biannual event; eventually becoming part of TNP tradition.

I am Yukkira, and this is the TNP RMB RP Reel.

Monthly Memoirs for January
      by Kaschovia, Minister of Communications
      This month I decided to ask questions in relation to the new year.

Questions
      • What was your favourite NS moment of 2017?
      • What are your new years NS resolutions?
      • What are you most looking forward to this year?
      • How do you feel about the January General Election?
      • Where do you want to see yourself in NationStates and our community one year from now?
      Answers
      Deropia, Minister
      Q1. For me it was moving to TNP and joining WA Affairs.

Q2. I only have one, and that is to become more active on the WA forums and be more involved in helping draft resolutions over the coming year.

Q3. Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing what comes through the World Assembly in the coming months, from what I've seen on the gameside forum, it's going to be an interesting year!

Q4. Absolutely fantastic! Gladio was my candidate of choice, his long history of service and dedication to TNP made it easy to back him. As for the other government officials, I think that the voters made the right choices. Siwale, Goy and Darc have done an excellent job in their respective offices since they were elected and definitely earned another term in office.

Q5. One year from now? I'm not really too sure aha, wherever it is, as long as I'm doing what I can to be of service to the community, I'll be satisfied.

Malphe
      , Minister
      Q1. Passing my NPA Officer test a few months ago, certainly. I'd already failed one test and I was stupidly nervous about it all, so successfully leading my first operation and becoming an officer on the spot was pretty euphoric; I'd been a Sergeant for so long because I was too nervous to lead an operation and breaking through that glass ceiling felt fantastic, and doubtless facilitated my eventual appointment as MoD by Gladio.

Q2. They're twofold; doing the best job I can in TNP in whatever role I have and properly balancing out RL and NS. Don't underestimate the importance of the latter.

Q3. My term as MoD; it's a whole new world to me and I'm excited to see what I can do in this term. It's proven far easier than I had imagined, though that's probably a bit of an overstatement considering that the NPA is grounded right now so we're not organizing any operations yet, doubtless I'll have more on my hands before very long.

Q4. Seeing Gladio running was both wonderful and unusual, and every office had one or more exemplary candidates running for it. That, as well as the high turnout rate, made this my favourite election to date. I've missed one or two already, being involved in this one has convinced me to not miss any more.

Q5. Hopefully doing my best in TNP and not banned.
      Lozinak, Deputy Minister
      Q1. Joining the NPA was probably my favorite moment of the year. That served as the launching point for me becoming more involved in TNP as a whole.

Q2. My resolution is to continue is to aid the MoD however I can, and ensure the NPA is just as active in 2018.

Q3. I'm most looking forward to hopefully getting in to RP as I should have more time to write this semester.

Q4. I was happy to see Gladio run, as he has been something a mentor for me since I first joined the TNP. Despite all the drama we also had record turn out and some close, exciting races. I think that really speaks to how dedicated the TNP community is.

Q5. Hopefully still working in the NPA and Executive staff.
      Konar, Citizen
      Q1. It would have to be N-Day, and Josephtan acheiving martyrdom.

Q2. To be more active in the departments of TNP that I am part of, and perhaps to join more.

Q3. N-Day, Z-Day, and more joint operations with other militaries.

Q4. It was exciting to see the candidates be neck in neck; however, Lord Ravenclaw's pull-out of NS put a damper on it, as well as the contention of a defaced ballot which, I felt, was not settled amicably.

Q5. Hopefully, I'll be able to have become a General at that point. Being able to contribute meaningfully to the departments I am in and may join is also a hope of mine.
      Novare Res, Security Council
      Q1. I can't say. I was hiding. In hibernation. Lurking, that is. Which is what I should have done for the most part since game started.

Q2. be nice to people - even the ones who are not so nice to me. Eat more cheese. The good stuff.

Q3. Getting back into being more involved.

Q4. Well, I didn't get to vote because the server that hosts the forum kept kicking my connection (a glitch involving FireFox browser which wasn't easy to fix at my end). I would have voted for McMasterdonia who lost by one vote. Never say one's vote doesn't count.

Q5. Sitting back and watching how the latest generation handles things.
      Hesskin Empire, Citizen
      Q1. Illuminati Raid

Q2. Finally get RP done!

Q3. RP!

Q4. It was fun, a good race as well!

Q5. Hopefully an active RP member and possibly in the politics somewhere somehow!
      Zazumo, Citizen
      Q1. Finally completing 100 NPA operations. I put in a lot of hours to get that ribbon.

Q2. To lead more NPA ops. Stepping in for Loz a couple times helped my confidence to lead.

Q3. Gladio's term as delegate and Malphe's term as MoD. Best of luck to both of them and the entire executive staff!

Q4. Could not be more excited. After working with Gladio during countless missions it's great to see him in the delegate seat!

Q5. Continuing my work with the NPA. Hopefully a Major if I play my cards right.
      Nordpazifik, Citizen
      Q1. Oof. That's a hard one. There's been a lot of fun things - Government work, RP, R/D - but in the end, I'll have to go with the two issues I wrote being published.

Q2. Get more involved, but at the same time balancing RL and NS better.

Q3. Who knows?

Q4. I didn't vote in it, but I'm excited to see what the new administration will bring.

Q5. It would be really nice if I was like instantly recognizable in the GCR community (if not the wider NS community), but in a year? Only time will tell.
      Kaschovia, Minister
      Q1. Being the best MoFA this region has ever seen (sarcasm)...

Q2. Have more fun doing things on NationStates.

Q3. Running for Delegate in September (sarcasm again.)

Q4. Content as one can be about an election.

Q5. As Delegate (even more bad sarcasm!)
      Siwale, Vice Delegate
      Q1. Joining TNP's regional forum, of course! Little did I know at the time just how involved I would soon get in the regional government.

Q2. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, mainly because they hardly ever stick. I prefer to make changes as the need for them arises throughout the year.

Q3. Seeing what Gladio will accomplish this term as our newly elected Delegate!

Q4. No complaints. I am certain that all of the elected officials will perform flawlessly this term.

Q5. Still as involved in TNP as I am now!
      Xagill, Minister
      Q1. Being a minister of communications!

Q2. Being Vice Delegate.

Q3. The changes that will come.

Q4. Content, it was a fun and close race.

Q5. Just trying to continue to be active.

NPA Bulletin for January 2018

by Lozinak (with contributions from McMasterdonia and Malphe), Deputy Minister of Defence

Ministerial Rodent Noises

Minister: Malphe
      Deputy Minister: Lozinak
      General(s): Quietdad

The New Year saw several records and changes for TNP and the North Pacific Army (NPA). Perhaps the greatest achievement of the NPA in the last term was the detagging of over 200 regions, a record for the NPA in a single term. During this final push into the new year, Captain Zazumo was also able to achieve his 100 mission completion ribbon. Following these accomplishments, Gladio, the six-term Minister of Defence won the election to become Delegate of the North Pacific.

Captain Malphe, a long time member of the NPA and avid rodent was chosen for the honour of succeeding Gladio as Minister of Defence. Malphe accepted this enormous responsibility and assumed the duties of the Minister of Defence and General of the North Pacific Army. General Malphe is a veteran of over 50 campaigns, stretching from the raid upon The Holy Historian Confederation to the most recent defence of the region of Christmas. The opening address of the New Minister of Defense is available here.

The first major mission for the NPA of the new year is the Defense of The North Pacific while in a state of Delegacy transition. During this time the NPA is recalled to TNP in order to add endorsements to the delegate elect.

In order to keep their skills sharp the NPA has taken part in detagging operations during the transition with the permission of the new delegate. As a capstone for the month, the NPA conducted a tag-raid of Warzone Australia. A summary of NPA operations for the month of January and the soldiers involved is available below:

20/01/2018-Major-Detag
      Regions:

Buckeye Boyzzz
      The Protectorate and The Starry Skies

Soldiers:
      GEN. Quietdad
      LTN. BMWSurfer
      LTN. BluieGamer
      CPT. Zazumo

20/01/2018-Minor-Detag
      Regions:

The New World of Name
      left 4 dead 3
      IDIOTS
      New Pakistani Empire
      team mediocrity
      The CeruleoAguarian Commonwealth
      Unitys Alliance

Soldiers:
      Minister Malphe
      Deputy Minister Lozinak
      CPT. Zazumo

21/01/2018-Minor-Raid
      Region:

Warzone Africa

Soldiers:
      Minister Malphe
      Deputy Minister Lozinak
      CPT. Zazumo
      GEN. Quietdad
      PFC. Lotion
      LTN. BluieGamer
      PFC. Scottie

30/01/2018-Major-Detag
      Regions:

Venetian Trade Routes
      Alliance of Northern Somewhere
      International Roleplay Region
      Club of Philledelphia Eagles
      Gentibus Unitatis
      Kiklandia
      Nationstates Sesquipedalian Countries
      Alliance of Nuclear Police States
      Nationstates Vexillogical Society
      Final Fantasy
      Troperia
      Batasun Union
      Union of Autistic States
      War Filled Islands
      The Isles of El Nar
      The Lumpy Sith Lords
      Melivorica
      Democratium

Soldiers:
      Deputy MinisterLozinak
      GEN. QuietDad
      MAJ. Darcania
      CPT. Zazumo
      LTN. Bluiegamer
      LTN. BMWSurfer
      CPL. Deropia
      PFC. Hardonius
      PFC. New Atos
      Thank you to all members of the North Pacific Army involved in the above operations. Hail The North Pacific! Hail the NPA!

The Northern Lights: Beauty in Truth

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia :: Managing Editors: McMasterdonia ::

With Contributions From McMasterdonia, Darcania, Sundred, Gladio II, Malphe, and Siwale.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:40:18 PM by Lozinak »
      Loz
      • Village Drifter
      Loz
    • Village Drifter
      • Tumbleweed In The Regional Assembly
        by Brendog, Minister of Home Affairs
        Over January the Regional Assembly has barely seen any activity, something we haven't seen in a while. Whilst we have seen a decline in activity over the past few month, it has never been this low.

As still is the case, due to multiple requests for reviews on a now outdated proposal of a Motion to Declare an Emergency Situation the counting of the bill will not happen till all request for reviews is completed.

In relation to the above proposal, the Regional Assembly attempted a recall of THO's (Temporary Hearing Officers) of the latest Request for Review in relation the above bill. This was very controversial as it had 14 ayes, 18 nays and 9 abstentions. Later in the month, we saw one of the THO's cease to exist.

In conclusion, we have seen barely any activity in the Regional Assembly and we are still waiting on the outcome of the R4Rs.
        World Assembly Affairs Digest January 2018

Hello everyone! February seems to have flown by and here we are again with another issue of the World Assembly Affairs Digest. I'd like to start off by congratulating the ministries very own Kranostav on passing their first World Assembly resolution, Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"!

I'd also like to announce the implementation of the World Assembly Sponsorship Program. Successful applicants can have the cost of their Delegate Approval and Delegate Vote campaigns covered by the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs!

Now, let's take a look at what reached the voting floor over the past month, shall we?

General Assembly
        Proposal: The Cloning Conventions
        Delegates Vote: Against
        Forum Vote: For: 0 Against: 9 Abstain: 0
        Final Vote (TNP): For: 108 Against: 538 Percentage of WA nations voting: 41.41%
        Final Vote (World): For: 4,091 Against: 14,442
        Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having reviewed the proposal, has found that while it is undoubtedly well intended, has several serious flaws. Chiefly among these being that The Cloning Conventions would seem to outlaw cloning when used during IVF, as well as the cloning of embryos. Secondly, this resolution suffers from poor definitions and unclear language in some of its clauses. Finally, in its closing clause it again, using unclear language that leaves far too much room for interpretation, either strips the World Assembly Science Programme from any oversight over cloning or creates a bureaucratic competition between the Word Assembly Science Programme and the Biomedical Innovation Organization.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.
        Proposal: Promoting Sustainable Timber
        Forum Vote: For: 6 Against: 3 Abstain: 0
        Final Vote (TNP): For: 257 Against: 340 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.49%
        Final Vote (World): For: 11,707 Against: 6,787
        Despite its laudable efforts and purpose to uphold the quality of timber production in order to provide a sustainable future for timber production, this proposal possesses two main flaws. The first being that the resolution bans import of 'timber products' which can greatly harm locations where timber product producing nations are using non-sustainable methods. This lack of ability to export timber would prove detrimental to the timber industries of non-WA member nation which would force them to potentially use cheaper and less sustainable methods than already used. Furthermore this proposal would greatly hurt trade relations between WA and non WA nations who consume or produce not only timber but any product that uses timber. The ministry believes that despite the potential positives provided by this proposal, it will ultimately harm the sustainability of timber rather than protect it.

For the reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against this proposal.

Proposal: Repeal: Promoting Sustainable Timber
        Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 2 Abstain: 2
        Final Vote (TNP): For: 509 Against: 104 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.30%
        Final Vote (World): For: 12,245 Against: 6,418
        Recommendation: General Assembly Resolution #422 Promoting Sustainable Timber, while well meaning in its goal of attempting to ensure timber used in WA member nations is produced in an environmentally sustainable manner, is inherently flawed and places the economies of WA members at serious risk. Given that GAR#422 also seriously harms international trade in the timber industry, in some cases forcing WA members to import timber at a drastically increased cost. The Ministry would also like to note, that due to the loss of some of their clientele due to the restrictions imposed by GAR#422, timber operations may be forced to take further cost-cutting methods of production, which in turn could cause Promoting Sustainable Timber to cause more environmental damage than it currently prevents.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote for the resolution.
        Security Council
        Proposal: Liberate Westphalia
        Forum Vote: For: 1 Against: 11 Abstain: 2
        Final Vote (TNP): For: 71 Against: 504 Percentage of WA nations voting: 37.16%
        Final Vote (World): For: 5,899 Against: 11,860
        Recommendation: Westphalia is a major and very old defender region who, among other things, founded FORGE - one of the biggest defender alliances in NationStates. However, they have broken our recruitment policy in the past by trying to recruit nations from The North Pacific. Furthermore, the Ministry would note that a password has not been imposed on the region, and appears unlikely to be imposed in the future as the influence levels of the natives in the region have considerable regional influence making a refound extremely difficult. Thus, making this liberation unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.
        Proposal: Condemn Wrapper
        Forum Vote: For: 9 Against: 2 Abstain: 3
        Final Vote (TNP): For: 541 Against: 53 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.34%
        Final Vote (World): For: 13,814 Against: 4,037

Recommendation: After spending one too many nights at the Strangers Bar, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, nursing a collective hangover and saddened by the resignation of a number of its staff after one of the impromptu karaoke nights organized by Wrappian Deputy Ambassador Wad Ahume Orliss-Dorckes, has somehow managed to analyze this Security Council resolution while it was at vote. The Ministry has found it accurately documents the heinous actions perpetrated by the Wrappian delegation and delegations from their protectorates during their tenure in the General Assembly. These actions include, but are not limited to, actions that would violate World Assembly law and result in the arrest of one of the august bodies most esteemed ambassadors, firebombing the offices of other delegations, and misappropriating funds meant for disaster relief efforts. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that these actions are most unbecoming of any delegation to the World Assembly and should be condemned with all due haste.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended (after conducting it's annual fire drill and checking all of the fire extinguishers) voting for the resolution.

The Revival of the Lennart Awards
        by Yukkira, Minister of Culture
        The Lennart Awards; the internet equivalent to your dead-again born-again cousin's wedding to her purity ring. The Lennart Awards is a storied tradition inspired by the legendary TNPer and possible former Minister of Culture, Lennart, which was started a few years ago, was stopped, and then brought back again by the former Minister of Culture, McMasterdonia. Under his leadership, the Lennarts were restarted towards the end of Palliath's delegacy and have been popular ever since.

The Lennart Awards is essentially the North Pacific's version of the Academy Awards, the Oscars, or a possibly more biased version of IMDB's rotten tomatoes. Categories range from Most Popular TNPer of the Year to a category that I didn't think would become a thing, being voted as "RMBae" of the Year. How it happens is I make up a nomination thread like this one, wait debatably three days (depending on if I'm busy), post a couple TNP polls, and then award a Lennart Award that looks like the one in that nomination thread to the TNPer that our beloved residents have voted for. It has both been a wonderful thing indeed, and somewhat hard to keep up with all at the same time.

In my opinion, I think the Lennarts is a wonderful initiative. It involves everyone from the forums and from the gameside community. I think with a bit more polish, the Lennarts can and will not be forgotten again (I'm allowed to be optimistic; leave me alone). What I'm most proud of is the fact that we've had a slew of winners so far. Winners ranged from Aerilia, an RMB RPer who roleplay's as a sentient blanket of moss to Lord Ravenclaw, TNP's friendly neighborhood birb. I think one way the Lennart Awards can be improved is its execution. This is due, in part, to the fact that the Ministry of Culture turned over the new term on a rough patch due to internal circumstances. The Lennart Awards were not paid enough attention to and were neglected because I, as the Deputy Minister in charge of them, wasn't adequately aware of the status of them nor did I think I needed to pay much attention.

All in all, the Lennart Awards is on track to finish sometime in March. I think that, with time, the Lennart Awards will continue to be improved to the point where the categories will better reflect the best that TNP has to offer. This, in turn, would allow the Ministry of Culture to do its job better, by better identifying and shining the spotlight on those who make TNP a region to be lauded about and beloved by not just its residents, but its friends abroad.

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Please feel free to telegram me gameside. Or, more than likely, I inhabit your Discord server and you can most definitely DM me through there. Thank you for reading about one of the many facets of the North Pacific's culture!

The Spotlight #10: Interview with MoD Malphe
        by Kaschovia and Malphe, Communications and Defence

Kasch: Malphe, welcome to the tenth edition of the Spotlight, it is great to have you here and to ask you some questions!

Malphe: It's great to be here! I was looking forward to this interview for some time.

Kasch: As was I, it is such a privilege to interview you as Gladio's successor. Do you feel any pressure to follow in his footsteps? Or to be as successful?

Malphe: To some extent certainly, but I was much more dreading it when he first proposed it back in December. I hadn't at all considered that I'd be MoD at any point until quite recently I wasn't even an officer and I had no plans to become one, so it was very overwhelming at first. I'll concede that it did cause me some stress. However, I had about a month to prepare myself, and in that time I lead many more operations than I had prior, with quite good results. Now I'm not so pressured to be as successful as Gladio, the last thing I want to do is beat myself up over supposed shortfalls. Rather, I want to go my own way, and take examples from Gladio's term and implement my own ideas. I want to have some fun with the role, as opposed to hating myself for doing something differently to Gladio.

Kasch: It's promising to know you're taking the role in your own style! I respect that. So, let's go back to your roots. Why did you join Defense in the first place?

Malphe: I'd always had a fascination with military gameplay, even when I hadn't a clue how to do it, so once I joined TNP there wasn't much question about it; I applied the day after I joined the forums. I just liked the idea of it, I doubt I really understood what I was signing up for, but once I had become involved with the NPA's community I never left.

Kasch: What is your stance on raiding and defending? Do you align yourself with the independent policy that our region adheres to, or do you have a preference for either raiding or defending, and why?

Malphe: Honestly, I don't care about the raider and defender feud. I can see where it came from, I can see why people subscribe to either side and how they can have such strong opinions on the matter and if I hadn't joined the NPA I'd probably be a raider by now, but I sooner have a regional military act in the best interests of the region and its allies. In that way, I suppose I'm closest to an independent.

Kasch: What is your greatest NPA ccomplishment, and why?

Malphe: I'd say passing my officer test last year. It was proposed to me about eight months before I actually did it because I was so nervous, and I actually failed the test on my first try which didn't help. It was really easy in hindsight, but managing to conquer my insecurities and just passing the test was just about the hardest thing I've done in the NPA and I'd still name it my greatest accomplishment. Here's to hoping that it won't be by the end of this term.

Kasch: I have to say I was very nervous when I did mine too! What are your core principles regarding Defense? In other words, what's most important to you about Defense?

Malphe: Fundamentally the NPA exists to defend and serve TNP and it's allies but that can only happen for as long as the NPA is both active and capable, which I hold as my core principles. If the NPA isn't active and if it's members aren't competent then we can't do anything really, we'd become a non-entity, so maintaining those aspects is very important to me, and to that end, I donate no small amount of my time.

Kasch: How do you believe your role as Minister of Defense will benefit the ministry as a whole this term? What unique benefits does your leadership bring to the table?

Malphe: A breath of fresh air, I'd say. It's good for a switch in leadership ever so often, provided that the newcomer is competent so that they can implement new ideas and run the NPA in their own way. A change of pace. Beyond that, I'm still exploring the position so it's hard for me to judge how good I am in the role.

Kasch: That's understandable. Now, veering slightly away from the NPA, what are your opinions on Gladio's other cabinet appointments?

Malphe: On the whole, I was very pleased with them. Ghost was a fantastic choice for MoFA and I feel that he's a very inspired diplomat, I certainly enjoyed his lecture on Optimistic Diplomacy. Brendog is shaping up as an effective MoHA and has been doing a good job from what I've seen in the ministry; Kasch is very hardworking and I think will do- and is doing- a very good job in Communications (not biased, I swear). Deropia, from whatever I've seen of the MoWAA, looks to have been a good choice and is well fulfilling his duties. Artemis has been getting on with the Lennarts recently and looks to be an active Minister of Culture and MiniCult of all the ministries needs somebody like that at the helm the most. Put simply, I'm very pleased with Gladio's cabinet and I think it'll keep the region running smoothly for this term.

Kasch: If you were Delegate, what would your cabinet be, just out of curiosity?

Malphe: That's a very difficult question, I'm new to government and not wholly familiar with all sectors of it. For Defense, of which I have the most expertise, Lozinak; he's the only Deputy MoD we've had in some time and has shown to be eager in organizing and leading operations, handling NPA applications and even the paperwork (google docs, not very riveting). I'd reckon that he's future MoD material. For Culture, Mcmasterdonia; it's difficult to not notice McM going about their business, and they've consistently shown ambition and imagination in organizing events, of which culture is largely, if not primarily, focused. In Communications, Kasch, for their work ethic and efficiency of operation, which has kept the Northern Lights afloat. In Foreign Affairs I'm inclined to say Ghost; very purposeful, and their writing is second to none. As per Home Affairs and World Assembly Affairs, I can't say I know and I'm not going to make up an opinion on the spot, so I'll have to pass on those.

Kasch: As I asked Gladio this, I'll ask you... Who is your NS idol/inspiration?

Malphe: Perhaps unsurprisingly, Gladio. Most of my time in NS has been almost exclusively in the NPA, and throughout much of that time Gladio has been my mentor. I've practically berated him with questions when preparing for my officer test and for my term as MoD, and he's always been helpful in answering my concerns. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Gladio's patience, and I still frequently ask him questions. He has always been a very capable MoD, maintaining activity virtually on his own and organizing more operations than I could count in his six terms as MoD.

Kasch: What legacy would you like to leave behind when your time on NS is over? How do you want to be remembered?

Malphe: I honestly don't much care about my legacy, I'm on NS because I enjoy the community aspect and the opportunities it offers, not to leave a big impact. I'm quite fine with going about my business quietly and leaving NS in the same manner when I've decided that my time is up. If I had to be remembered, though, I'd most like to be remembered as competent and helpful.

Kasch: What is something about you player-related that nobody knows?

Malphe: What do you mean by player-related?

Kasch: Let me rephrase. What is something that you have done within NationStates that not many people know about? Or do you believe there is nothing other players do not know?

Malphe: There'll be some things but I can't think of any from the top of my head, and if I've done something and I haven't told anybody about it there's probably a reason I've kept it to myself.

Kasch: Interesting! What is your least favourite thing about the North Pacific? And your most favourite?

Malphe: For my least favourite thing, I'd say the OOC drama. It appears in all of NS and TNP isn't exempted, every now and again it comes around and I despise it with every fibre. I've seen plenty of it elsewhere and I know how it turns people off NS, I don't like it here or there. My favourite thing about TNP is the community spirit of the region, which needs little explaining.

Kasch: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Malphe: Don't take NS too seriously, certainly. You'll hear this everywhere, but not enough people really adhere to it. Don't stress yourself out much about NS, if you're losing sleep over whatever's happening in Nationstates you're doing it wrong and you should either ease up or take a break for a while. NS doesn't compromise RL, RL compromises NS always. This applies to a lot outside NS too, it's a good rule to stick to. Mind you, I'm not the best at following that advice myself.

Kasch: If every other nation were to CTE tomorrow morning, and you could only keep six nations alive, who would they be?

Malphe: That's too loaded for me to confidently answer, so I'll pass.

Kasch: Fair. If you could sum yourself up in one sentence, what would that sentence be?

Malphe: Reasonably competant, hopefully getting better.

Kasch: I think that is all we have time for! Thank you for joining me Malphe, it has been a pleasure!

Malphe: Been a pleasure.

RMB RP Reel #3: Terrible Times In Toshavo
        by Illusia, Citizen
        February's coming to a close, and it seems not shortly, things are going down really hard in the RMB Olympics, you won't believe it yourself! TNP Winter Olympics, which was started by Toshavo several weeks ago, has been cancelled due to several arising issues that sparked the discovery of the virus known as GIV, or Global Immunodeficiency Virus.

On the 20th of February, the International Olympics Group based in Lahos, the capital of the Akhara Islands, postponed the Winter Olympics due to deaths of some Olympic athletes and cases of some being relatively weak. An international organization, named World Health Association, based in Toshavo, determined that the cause of their deaths was a mysterious flu.

Days later, the WHA, with assistance from Paxiosolange's research centers, and to add the fact most of the athletes that died were from them, named the virus Global Immunodeficiency Virus, in layman's terms would be the failure of the immune system, rendering the body defenseless from certain pathogens and disease. The WHA has designated the virus GIV-1.

Like a wildfire in a dry climate, the flu spread rapidly, effectively blanketing all of the Fusean continent, infecting a large number of nations. Estimates from WHA shown at least 700,000 and more are infected and increased to at least 3.4 million.

Despite this, however, collaboration efforts between WHA, other nations and those who are uninfected have been sprouting around to combat the disease and prevent a global epidemic.

The Toshavoan government also issued a martial law, amidst the epidemic. WHA officials and the Toshavoan Armed Forces rolled around their city streets to contain the infected.

Thanks for reading! I'm Illusia, a new writer for the RMB RP Reel. Hopefully, you appreciated the reel, and here's hoping I can do many much more articles for TNL. Once again, this is Illusia, for the TNP RMB RP Reel!

References used:[list=1]

NPA Bulletin for February 2018
        by Lozinak, Deputy Minister of Defence
        Minister of Defense: Malphe
        Deputy Minister: Lozinak
        General(s): QuietDad

Following the transitional month of January, the NPA wasted no time returning to training. The NPA started off the month strong with an operation on February 1st, resulting in seven detags. When the Updaters returned, an Auxiliary found them and cried "The Beacons of TSP are lit! Erinor calls for aid." Malphe, still awash in the glow of battle replied: "And the NPA will answer." Thus the NPA departed once again to aid TSP in their transition of power. The operation in the South Pacific was a success but proved to be too calm. The returning soldiers were eager for combat, and the Officer Corps was keen to give it to them. In the seven day period between the 11th and the 18th, the NPA detagged 53 regions. The soldiers were weary after their glorious accomplishments and desired a rest from battle. The NPA decided to go on a vacation to the region of Yorkshire with Europeia. The two relaxing armies were soon joined in glad friendship by the West Pacific, Balder, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and the United Kingdom. Rested from their stay in Yorkshire, the NPA returned to duty. On the 25th the NPA, with our ally the Royal Albion Legion raided the Fascist League of Dictators. The NPA, however, was not satisfied to put only one fascist region in its place. On the very same day, the NPA deployed to the Backbone of Fascism, at the request of the East Pacific, in order to reinforce hold they, and the NPO had established in preparation for a refounding.

Lozinak was promoted to Captain on 12/02/2018.
        Lotion was promoted to Corporal on 17/02/2018.
        Deropia was promoted to Sergeant on 24/02/2018.
        Dinoium & Vyamaz were promoted to Private First Class on 24/02/2018.

February Operations Date-Update-Type-Region(s)-Participating Soldiers-01/02/2018-Minor-Detag
        Regions:
        UCCN
        Herin archipelago
        Southfield
        New United Nations of the Gator Empire
        Asta fan Club
        Land of the OG
        aoeria

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe-Lead
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. Quietdad
        CPT. Zazumo
        PFC. Lotion

03/02/2018-N/A-Delegacy Transition

Regions:
        The South Pacific

Soldiers
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. Quietdad
        MAJ. Darcania
        CPT. Zazumo
        LTN. BluieGamer
        LTN. BMWSurfer
        SGT. Aber639
        SGT. Cimmerien
        CPL. Deropia
        PFC. Michael Power
        PFC. Arstotzka1
        PFC. Almacs
        PFC. Hardonius
        PFC. Dinonium

11/02/2018-Minor-Detag

Regions:
        Hardin
        Hoffman Heffner Principality
        Kids Alliance
        World Setting
        The Commonwealth of Liberated States
        The Planet of Erresia

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
        CPT. Zazumo
        PFC. Lotion

13/02/2018-Minor-Detag

Regions:
        United Cluster of Europian States
        Islands of Sicherheit
        New United Nations of the Gator Empire
        The Isles of El Nar
        The Lower South
        Union of Doomed States

Soldiers
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. QuietDad
        CPT. Zazumo-Lead
        LTN. Bluiegamer

14/02/2018-Major-Detag

Regions:
        ace space
        the last ones standing
        lemonelly
        the pacific conglomorate
        the lumpy sith lords of rock
        horus and ra
        unitys alliance
        east scandanavian peninsula
        adenia
        17 D nations
        akachan
        3ss3ntial
        Alliance of Left countries

Soldiers:
        Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
        GEN. QuietDad
        MAJ. Darcania
        CPT. Zazumo
        LTN. BMWSurfer-Lead
        SGT. Aber638

16/02/2018-Minor-Detag

Regions:
        Ifunny political region
        United National Socialist Nations
        YEDI
        The Sanguine
        The Islamic Confederation
        A Bigger Better Fork Union
        The Republics Of Southern Africa
        Southern Africa

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe-Lead
        GEN. QuietDad
        MAJ. Darcania
        CPT. Zazumo
        SGT. Aber639

17/02/2018-Minor-Detag

Regions:
        Golmaal
        The Bone Zone
        United Nation States of Conservatives
        The Boy Band
        SEARAF
        Demanare

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe
        GEN. QuietDad
        CPT. Zazumo-Lead
        CPL. Lotion

18/02/2018-Minor-Detag-N0vum

Regions:
        Antarctic Alliance
        That Broken Wanasnaswa RP
        Jebtopia
        The Diplomatic League
        Power
        The Conglomerate of Royal Ashholes
        Deathdrift Watch
        North Sea Collective
        Tierra
        Drekuki
        Sili
        The United Alliance of Republic Alliance
        Smiley Region

Soldiers
        Minister Malphe-Lead
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. QuietDad
        CPT. Zazumo-Lead
        CPL. Lotion

20/02/2018-Minor-Raid & Hold

Regions:
        Yorkshire

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. QuietDad
        MAJ. Darcania
        CPT. Zazumo
        LTN. BluieGamer
        LTN. BMWSurfer
        SGT. Aber639
        SGT. Deropia
        SGT. Cimmerien
        CPL. Lotion
        CPL. Sergio86
        PFC. Vayamaz
        PFC. Dinoium
        PFC. Almacs

25/02/2018-Minor-Raid

Regions:
        League of Dictators

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. QuietDad
        CPT. Zazumo
        SGT. Aber639
        CPL. Lotion

25/02/2018-N/A-Hold and Refound

Regions:
        The Backbone of Fascism

Soldiers:
        Minister Malphe
        Deputy Minister Lozinak
        GEN. QuietDad
        MAJ.Darcania
        CPT. Zazumo
        LTN. BMWSurfer
        SGT. Aber639
        SGT. Deropia
        CPL. Lotion
        PFC. Dinoium
        PFC. Vyamaz
        The NBS Ends February In Success!
        by Kasch, Minister of Communications
        The Northern Broadcasting Service recently recorded their ninth broadcast, in which they discussed the success of each of the ministries so far, their thoughts on the revival and the current winners of the Lennart Awards, the effectiveness of the Vice Delegate and the Speaker in processing citizenship applications and how that makes TNP very unique in retaining new members, the idea of political parties in TNP, and finally, the upcoming Justice elections!

In accordance with our policy to provide anyone with a voice within TNP the opportunity to speak on topics that are important to the community and to themselves, the NBS plans to recruit over March and April to increase the number of NBS members.

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia :: Managing Editors: McMasterdonia ::

[/b][/size]
        « Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:15:27 AM by Lozinak »
        Loz
        • Village Drifter
        Wintermoot
      • Thank you for the update. :)

Wintermoot
        • Pronouns
          He/Him/His
          Orientation
          Demisexual
          Wintreath Nation
        Loz
      • Village Drifter

• The North Pacific
        Magicality City, 3/2/2018

Dear Wintermoot,

The government of The North Pacific entreats you to accept Lozinak & Bootsie as ambassadors between our two regions. They have been citizens in good standing of The North Pacific for significant lengths of time and legislators in our Regional Assembly for the same period. We believe They will meet the duties of this posting admirably. their responsibilities will include above all keeping your region informed of important affairs in The North Pacific, supporting our interregional ties by interpersonal ties through social involvement, keeping our government abreast of affairs in your region, and providing services to dual citizens should they be needed and welcome.

By accepting Lozinak & Bootsie as an ambassadors, we hope you will continue to honour the long lasting relationship between The North Pacific and Wintreath.

Sincerely,
        Pallaith
        Loz
        • Village Drifter
        Wintermoot
      • Thanks for the update. We look forward to receiving Bootsie as a second ambassador. :)

Wintermoot
        • Pronouns
          He/Him/His
          Orientation
          Demisexual
          Wintreath Nation
        Loz
      • Village Drifter
        • Judicial Election March 2018[/big]
          by Lozinak, Deputy Minister
          edited by Owenstacey, Citizen
          March 1st, 2018 marked the beginning of a new TNP judicial election cycle. Whilst more than 15 candidates were nominated, only five. Zyvetskistaahn, Clean Land, BMWSurfer, Scorch, and Lord Lore all put themselves forward for the position of Justice of the North Pacific.

On the 5th of March, campaigning began in earnest.

Zyvetskistaahn

Justice Zyvetskistaahn ran for their fourth term under the apt battle cry "YET MORE MONTHS" citing his extensive experience on the court. Zyvetskistaahn also cited that his time as Speaker of the Regional Assembly helped him develop a deeper understanding of the law. Zyvetskistaahn's main goals for the term were to increase ease of use by establishing set templates for everything from Criminal Indictments, to requests for review. When questioned by Siwale on whether or not the court should be striving to meet the seven day goal present in the current law, Zyvetskistaahn responded that he did not mind having a soft deadline, as a ruling in such time is possible, but reminded us that it is in no one's interest for the court to rush decisions. Zyvetskistaahn's final question came from Deropia regarding their opinion on maximum/minimum sentencing. Zyvetskistaahn responded that they are not in favor of minimum sentencing as to them "...the harm caused by arbitrary mercy is, broadly, lesser than the harm caused by arbitrarily lengthy punishment..." Zyvetskistaahn was however in favor of maximum sentencing, as it prevents the court from setting unreasonable punishments. Zyvetskistaahn's full campaign can be found here.

Scorch

Justice Scorch also stood for re-election to his second term. Scorch admitted that most of the tasks of the court fall to the Chief justice, but he points out that he was still involved in discussions ranging from rule changes, to the creation of templates. As further evidence for his ability, Scorch cited his government career stretching back to 2016. Scorch also faced the same two questions from Siwale and Deropia. In regards to setting theoretical goals for the court, Scorch was in support of the clause stating the court should strive for seven-day decisions. Scorch believed that having a baseline is helpful for the court, and there is past precedent for the court ruling within that amount of time. In regards to question of maximum/minimum sentencing, Scorch was in favor of both, viewing them both as useful tools for the court. Scorch's full campaign can be found here.

Lord Lore

Lord Lore entered the election with a strong a resume. Citing a career in NS spanning over three years, as well as a long list of positions he has held, ranging from Minister of Justice in the region of Nevthronia, to Minister of Culture in the North Pacific. Lore also discussed his extensive work in the role play community. Lore stated that over the years he has written and analysed negotiations and laws while engaging in RP, and that this has given him an interesting perspectives on the interpretations of future laws. Lore also faced a different question from Siwale. Siwale asked Lore why he was running for public office after a two-year gap, to which Lore responded that he had been acting as a civil servant, but had a further "public service itch." Lore faced the same question from Deropia as the other candidates. Lore was not in favor of minimum/maximum sentencing, as he felt such rules hamper the court. He was however open to further dialogue on the matter. Lord Lore's full campaign can be found here.

BMWSurfer

BMWSurfer was a fresh face in the election, running for his first ever public office. Despite only having a year in NS, BMW is able to cite an admirable career in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, where he has reviewed countless proposals of varying severity in the GA and SC. BMW's primary goal for the term was to uphold the integrity of the courts. Siwale's question to BMW was simply what made him wish to run for Justice. BMW responded that he wished to further serve the region ,and he felt the courts were the place for him to do that. When asked about minimum/maximum sentencing he responded that he in favor of maximum sentences as a means of maintaining fairness, but had no strong opinion on minimum sentencing. BMWSurfer's full campaign can be found here.

Clean Land

Clean Land ran a simple campaign stating that he would have the time needed to rule on court matters quickly. Additionally stating that he would also have time to re-read other relevant court rulings before coming to conclusions. He continued his theme of court timeliness by saying he would also have no issue pointing out when other Justices are not meeting reasonable time standards. When asked about the issue of minimum/maximum sentencing, Clean Land felt that the rules regarding the two should be more defined as the current vagueness of the court leaves room for abuse. Clean Land also stated that he would have no personal goals as a Justice in order to remain fully unbiased. Clean Land's full campaign can be found here.

The election for Justice concluded on the 11th March with the election of Zyvetskistaahn, Scorch, and Lord Lore with 47, 45 and 33 votes respectively.
          RA Relieved After Tumbleweeds Disappear
          by BMWSurfer, Deputy Minister
          edited by Siwale, Vice Delegate
          The Regional Assembly came back from an impressive silence this month with the introduction of two new bills, the reemergence of one bill, and the introduction of three Security Council applications:[list=1]
          • Citizenship Oath Amendment
            This amendment slightly alters the citizenship oath to remove the current roleplay aspect. Individuals will no longer be required to take the citizenship oath as the leader of their nation. This bill was passed on March 31st by the Regional Assembly with 19 Ayes, 9 Nays, and 1 Abstain.

• Vacancy Bill
            The Vacancy Bill tweaks the definition of a government office vacancy. If passed, all government officials will vacate their office if they fail to log into the forum within two weeks, regardless of whether or not prior notice was given.

• Reforming the Penal Code
            The discussion for this bill is centered around changes to the penal code for clarity, in addition to adding sentence guidelines. Several drafts were created and discussed.

• Sil Dorsett's Security Council Application
            Sil Dorsett was nominated for a seat on the Security Council by a unanimous vote among the current members of the Council. Besides exceeding the influence and endorsement required to serve on Council, Sil has been an active member of The North Pacific community for about a year and a half. He has served in a number of capacities such as Minister and Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Roleplay Moderator, and Temporary Hearing Officer. The motion to admit Sil Dorsett was passed on March 30th by the Regional Assembly with 30 Ayes, 2 Nays, and 4 Abstains.

• Lord Lore's Security Council Application
            Lord Lore was also nominated for a seat on the Security Council by a unanimous vote among the current members of the Council. He has been involved in The North Pacific community for over 3 years and has held a number of positions such as Associate Justice, Roleplay Moderator, Minister and Deputy Minister of Culture, and Minister of Entertainment.

• Gladio's Security Council Application
            Gladio, the current Delegate and former Minister of Defense, is the third applicant this month to be nominated for a seat on the Security Council. The current members of the Council just recently concluded their vote which resulted in unanimous approval for this applicant.
          As we head in April, we hope to see this level of Regional Assembly activity continue. Especially as we gear up for the General Elections in May.
          World Assembly Affairs Digest March 2018
          Deputy Minister: Stoskavanya

With the end of March comes a new edition of The Northern Lights and with it, another World Assembly Digest. The Ministry has had quite the month, with the launch of the new sponsorship program, we saw the successful passage of our first sponsored resolution! Congratulations are due to Stoskavanya on the passage of their first WA resolution as well as for their appointment as our third Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs! We also saw a rise in Security Council proposals this month, which has kept our staffers busy with resolution analysis.

[title]General Assembly
          [/title]
          Proposal: Protection of Biomedical Research
          Forum Vote: For: 9 Against: 3 Abstain: 0
          Final Vote (TNP): For: 592 Against: 39 Percentage of WA nations voting: 41.48%
          Final Vote (World): For: 15,039 Against: 4,595
          Recommendation: Protection of Biomedical Research seeks to reinstate rules previously repealed in the GA. The proposal has been modified to reflect concerns put forth by WA members.

The relatively mild proposal seeks to ensure a standard of ethics and scientific rigor in biomedical experiments within the World Assembly. It ensures that member states engage only in research where the well-being and ethical treatment of the subjects are prioritized, but in a manner which makes additional testing on both human and lab animal tests possible. More importantly, the proposal preempts future attempts to block biomedical research in the name of religious or moral objections, ensuring that WA members can engage in research in the best interests of their populations.

Proposal: Protecting Minority Languages
          Forum Vote: For: 11 Against: 1 Abstain: 0
          Final Vote (TNP): For: 548 Against: 89 Percentage of WA nations voting: 41.41%
          Final Vote (World): For: 16,679 Against: 3,619
          In examining Protecting Minority Languages the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has found that this proposal contains a common sense set of mandates to help protect the existence of minority languages, without infringing on a nations right to have its own official language, and a committee that helps protect this. For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote for this proposal.

Proposal: Protecting Freshwater from Manufacturing Bill
          Forum Vote: For: 1 Against: 9 Abstain: 2
          Final Vote (TNP): For: 461 Against: 154 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.48%
          Final Vote (World): For: 8,314 Against: 11,215
          Recommendation: This proposal attempts to address concerns that freshwater that is safe for drinking is becoming increasingly scarce. However, this proposal appears to be poorly written, with overly complicated definitions and vague language. Additionally, the proposal forgets the variety of WA member states, and uses fixed measures of time, both of which make the proposal more difficult to follow for member states. This ministry believes that the proposal has great potential, and that if the issues outlined here were addressed, there would be more support for it.
          It is for these reasons that the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote Against the proposal.
          [title]Security Council
          [/title]
          Proposal: Liberate Nazi Europia
          Forum Vote: For: 1 Against: 7 Abstain: 1
          Final Vote (TNP): For: 506 Against: 91 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.34%
          Final Vote (World): For: 15,329 Against: 3,546
          Recommendation: Like the previous liberation that was before the Security Council, this proposal targets a Nazi region in an attempt to make it vulnerable to refounding should the current founder cease to exist or be deleted by NationStates moderators. The Ministry would note however, that the proposal is poorly written and lacks the quality usually expected of World Assembly resolutions. That being said, the statement made by this proposal is clear and provides the community with a way to strike back against those who hold such hateful and bigoted ideologies.

For these reasons, The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the resolution.
          Proposal: Liberate The East Pacific
          Forum Vote: For: 4 Against: 12 Abstain: 1
          Final Vote (TNP): For: 369 Against: 241 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.02%
          Final Vote (World): For: 14,347 Against: 4,182

Recommendation: Liberate The East Pacific, though well written, would have been better submitted as a condemnation. Liberations remove delegate imposed passwords from a region, however, since The East Pacific is a Game Created Region, a password cannot be imposed, thus making this liberation essentially pointless.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the resolution.

The Spotlight #11: Interview with MoWAA Deropia
          by Kaschovia and Deropia, Communications and World Assembly Affairs
          Kasch: Welcome to the 11th edition of the Spotlight, Deropia! It's good to have you!

Deropia: Thank you, Kasch! It's great to be here.

Kasch: To start off as we usually do here at the Spotlight, please, in as much detail as you think is necessary, tell us, who are you?

Deropia: Who am I? Well, let's see. I started playing NationStates about 4 years ago. I'm pretty sure I spawned in The North Pacific, but like many newbies, I tried to strike it out into the UCRs very early on. I've spent the better part of my time on NS as the last and longest serving Delegate of a small UCR by the name of Arcanum before it disbanded and spent some time lurking around the GA forum. When Arcanum ceased to exist, I moved back to The North Pacific because the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs had caught my attention and I was interested in joining. So, In September of last year, I moved my main nation back to where it had originated and joined WA Affairs under Sil Dorsett. I think I spent about 2 months working under Sil, Tlomz, and Fawkes before Sil offered me the position of Deputy Minister of WA Affairs, being appointed to the position in late November to early December. It was around this time that I took my first crack at running for elected office in TNP in the Attorney General Special Election. Though I didn't win, I can honestly say it was an exhilarating experience, taking questions from potential voters and watching the votes come in over the course of the 5 day voting period. I was fortunate enough to be appointed one of Goyanes' Deputy Attorneys General and have served in that capacity since then. Recently I was appointed Minister of World Assembly Affairs in Gladio's cabinet, trying to run the Ministry to the standard set by my predecessors, while trying to make the position my own.

Kasch: And how are you liking being Minister of World Assembly Affairs this term so far? Is it easy, hard, or somewhere in between?

Deropia: I'm actually really enjoying myself so far this term! I'm working with a great staff who really gets along with one another, so even during our downtime we're able to have a good time. As for how hard it is? The truth is, I've been fortunate enough to have chosen a pair of excellent, hardworking Deputy Ministers in Tlomz and BMWSurfer, they've made things a whole lot easier than I imagine things would be if I didn't have them.

Kasch: What have you brought to the table as Minister of World Assembly Affairs that others in your position have not?

Deropia: Well, I've only served under one previous Minister of World Assembly Affairs, so I don't have a lot to compare myself to. I'd have to say it's that I view World Assembly Affairs not only as about issuing recommendations, but the development and assistance of TNPs potential authors. Be it through assisting with drafting, or helping their proposals reach quorum and pass.

Kasch: Of course. It's good to know you don't take a narrow view of the work the ministry does or should be doing. How well is the term going for your ministry so far? Has anyone stood out particularly that has been doing a lot of great work?

Deropia: In terms of World Assembly activity, I'd have to say we're doing fairly well, I've been pleased that we've been able to get our Information for Voters telegrams out, usually within minutes of a proposal reaching the voting floor. I'm also optimistic about the success of our new proposal sponsorship program, which received two applicants within days of being announced. As for my staff? I've been impressed with Stoskavanya's dedication to the ministry, they've been one of my most active staff members this term. Of course, I can't give my Deputies enough credit either, their skilful IFV authorship and hard work have ensured we've been able to keep our telegram launches on time.

Kasch: The ministry does seem to be doing a lot of very good work! But what do you believe the ministry could do better?

Deropia: I'd honestly like to see more of the staff active, not only in the ministry chat, but also on the General Assembly and Security Council forums. One of my goals for this term was increasing the level of activity we had gameside and having more of an impact on proposals before they reach the queue for approvals.

Kasch: Why do you believe there are issues with overall staff activity? What do you think the cause of this inactivity is?

Deropia: Well, I've been looking over the roster quite a bit recently and I've noticed that despite having 18 staff members, only about 5 or so are active beyond posting a vote on the forums, which is the right of every resident with World Assembly membership and not a duty of the World Assembly Affairs Executive Staff. I suppose that the length of time between proposals going to vote might have an effect on activity.

Kasch: Interesting. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being Minister of World Assembly Affairs?

Deropia: I'd have to say my favorite thing about being Minister of World Assembly Affairs is the communicating with new WA members in the North Pacific that telegram me with questions ranging anywhere from how to join the ministry and the NPA, to proposal writing tips. As for my least favorite? I really can't say I dislike any part of the job, really.

Kasch: What have you learned during your experience as Minister of World Assembly Affairs so far?

Deropia: Great question! I've learned quite a bit in my time as a Minister, too much to list it all here. But I will say my most important lesson is that sometimes it's better to be late on delivering an IFV and ensure that it accurately reflects the opinion of the ministry as opposed to rushing to get the IFV delivered and later realizing that a mistake was made. I've also learned how to run an effective WA campaign, and the importance of selectively targeting delegates during the voting phase instead of the general delegate campaign that would be used during the approval phase.

Kasch: Let's move onto some questions not related to your work as MoWAA. In NationStates, who is your role model? Who is your NS idol?

Deropia: My role model? I'd have to say that my role models are Pallaith and Sil Dorsett, I've learned so much from both of them since coming to TNP, I can't thank them enough for the guidance they've given me. As for my idol? I'd have to sat it would be the prolific General Assembly authors Seperatist Peoples and Imperium Anglorium, it really is awe inspiring how many proposals they have been able to pass. I mean, it's hard enough to get one on the books, let the 17 (I think) that IA has been able to pass.

Kasch: If you were Delegate, what would your dream cabinet be?

Deropia: My dream cabinet? Let's see...for WA Affairs I'd have to go with Pallaith or Sil Dorsett, for Foreign Affairs would be Lord Ravenclaw, Home Affairs would be Brendog, McMasterdonia for Culture, Defense would have to be Gladio or Malphe and Communications would have to be Kasch.

NPA Bulletin for March 2018
          by Malphe, Minister of Defence

Minister of Defense: Malphe
          Deputy Minister(s) of Defense: Lozinak, Zazumo
          [/b]

The NPA is in the hands of a small rodent. Rest easy and peacefully.

The NPA began March quiet and sleepy, being still deployed in The Backbone of Fascism. People's rifles were used as cricket bats or clubs, depending on whether they picked beer or whiskey as their beverage of choice. After nine days of disappointment in the cold, snowy weather the order came through to return to HC Metalurg; those that didn't leave immediately were booted out unceremoniously by EPSA Officers, tired of their regular Flemingovian Mass keeping them awake at night. That and the constant loud bickering in the officer's lounge concerning highly sensitive subjects that nobody is treating as highly sensitive subjects.

No time was wasted, once the last of the Auxillary had arrived at the NPA's HQ, in getting the slowly sobering soldiers moving again. On the tenth a joint operation with the SPSF (South Pacific Special Forces) was conducted, the organization of which resembled a Raccoon and a Rat arguing about spreadsheets (mainly because it was a Raccoon and a Rat arguing about spreadsheets). In this operation there were three teams, the first of which was lead by NPA MoD Malphe and two others lead by SPSF soldiers; it was noted that the SPSF was detagging more targets than the NPA by far, hence Malphe began to adopt SPSF techniques in his own detagging operations at home. So far he's detagging about half as many per update, which he has decided is fantastic progress that he will not build upon because he can't be bothered detagging 30 targets in one sitting. Nosir.

On the next day Deropia- then NPA Sergeant- took his officer test and succeeded with flying colours. Quite literally flying colours in fact, Malphe had painted the tank shells rainbow because he thought it looked funny. Deropia, as per tradition (It was really twelve years old), was then promoted to the rank of Lieutenant because if the NPA Officers don't outnumber the NPA Soldiers, you're doing it wrong.

A little after that, on the thirteenth, an anti-fascist operation with the United Kingdom was undertaken; UK and TNP soldiers stormed the fascist region of Silverkeep in a heroic charge in which the UK point began smashing furniture in an enraged rage. The victorious soldiers then left before the founder realized that his favourite chair was in pieces, with hammer and sickles crudely carved onto the legs so we could collect extra salt after the operation ended.

On the sixteenth and seventeenth the NPA, now a little tired and sipping unreasonably expensive imported SPIT at their leisure, went about two training operations lead by new and fairly new officers Deropia and BMWSurfer. After these, now even more tired, the NPA was herded by their Rodent overlord into another joint detag operation with the SPSF, the organization of which was largely nonexistent. Nonetheless, the operation went smoothly and Malphe's team hit a few more targets than last time, now with a 100% success rate.

Malphe now, out of the kindness of his own heart and by no means because DST prevented him from attending minor updates, allowed the NPA a break from operations for five days before throwing them back into detagging by the twenty second. Now reinvigorated and contemplating getting drunk again, the NPA seemed entirely peaceful.

As it happened, higher in the ranks a raid on the fascist region The Great Fascist Legion was being planned; to cut a long story short, the entire operation was one big collision. The Red Fleet and the MT Army- both anti-fascist organizations- were pretending to be fascists in the region so they could get enough influence to refound it later on. TNP and Euro&Co saw this fascist region with supposedly 20 native fascist endorsements on the delegate and began planning to raid and hold it. Turns out the other Pacifics were thinking the exact same thing, on the exact same update.

It was noted by Malphe that there was going to be a collision, so still not knowing about the covert anti-fascist operation at work in the region, the two operations between the Pacifics and TNP&Co were merged into a bigger operation. The jump was successful, and only sometime afterwards did a group of burly ushanka wearing men inform the occupying forces that they just crashed an anti-fascist operation with another anti-fascist operation. They all ended up making up and living in peace and harmony, beating fascists over their heads with large sticks. Shortly afterwards Zazumo- longtime NPAer and good morning meister- was appointed as Malphe's second Deputy Minister of Defense.

After several days of rampant rum drinking and vainly waiting for border control powers, the order came through to withdraw from the Great Fascist Legion. The order came as a delight to many soldiers with the notable exception of Malphe, who wasn't much a fan of post OP paperwork. That post OP paperwork, do note, also includes writing this article. I give up. Operation over. We all lived happily ever after. Done. Now I'm getting some ice cream.

11/03/2018 - Deropia promoted from Sergeant to Lieutenant.
          13/03/2018 - Stoskavanya1 promoted from Private to Private First Class.
          17/03/2018 - The South Falls is promoted from Private to Private First Class.
          22/03/2018 - Darcania is promoted from Major to Colonel.
          27/03/2018 - Zazumo appointed Deputy Minister of Defense.

[table=6,March Operations]Date[c]Update[c]Type[c]Region[c]Success Rate[c]Participating NPA Soldiers[c]10/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Joint Detag[c]Katsuragi
          Nations of Reason
          Cuisine Region
          Grand Italy
          Horizon Islands
          States of Green Marsh
          Confederation of Capitalist Association
          Quadrahexions
          The League of Powers
          The Brostevskian Archipelago
          Royalty
          The Liberal Democracy of Science fiction[c]92.3%[c]Malphe - Lead
          Quietdad
          Zazumo
          Kasch[c]11/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag, Officer Test[c]The New Socialist Union
          Warzone Vacation Resort
          Eggpire[c]100%[c]Quietdad
          Lotion
          Dinoium
          BluieGamer
          Zazumo
          Malphe
          Deropia - Lead
          Tlomz[c]13/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Joint Tag Raid[c]Silverkeep[c]100%[c]Malphe
          Quietdad
          Zazumo
          Darcania
          Lotion
          Stoskavanya
          Tlomz
          BluieGamer[c]16/03/2018[c]Major[c]Detag[c]Sefarad
          In the name of Rothbard
          The Confederation of Welsh Democracies
          Fox Coalition
          Gonorrhea[c]83%[c]Lozinak
          QuietDad
          BMWSurfer
          Deropia - Lead
          Aber638
          Stoskavaya
          Zazumo
          Yalkan
          BluieGamer[c]17/03/2018[c]Major[c]Detag[c]N0VUM
          Coalition of Empires and Rejected States
          Ortovios
          The Federal Republics
          The CRHS Nation
          American Foundation for Meme Preservatio[c]60%[c]BMWSurfer - Lead
          Stoskavanya
          Quietdad
          Zazumo
          Tlomz
          [c]17/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Joint Detag[c]The Region for All
          Eastern Nexus Planes
          Galaea
          United Planetary Council
          The Sanguine
          NAPistan
          The Germanic Imperial Alliances
          Sayck
          CPN
          Unitarian Union
          Free Nations of Mobocracy
          Kool Kids
          Republic of the Trinity Council
          The United Republic of Democrats
          The Greater Imperial Realm[c]100%[c]Malphe - Lead
          Zazumo
          The South Falls
          BluieGamer
          Aber638
          Quietdad
          Kasch[c]22/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]Just a Region
          Sporks
          Femisphere
          Corskov
          Mao Zedong Fanfic
          East Asires[c]75%[c]Zazumo - Lead
          Kasch
          Malphe
          Darcania
          BluieGamer[c]23/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]Alvinia
          The Capsules
          Monastery of Peace
          Bayloria
          Meme
          THE TECHY UNION
          Karaz Ankor
          Fox News Lineup
          Asta Fan Club
          United Federations
          Lions of Liberty
          The Peaceful Union of Anexoria
          New Drudgof
          Gothiscandza[c]100%[c]Malphe - Lead
          Quietdad
          BluieGamer
          Zazumo[c]24/03/2018[c]Major[c]Detag[c]The Ezraltonian Region of World Affairs
          Central Guam
          Union of Soverign Nations
          The 10th Crusade
          IDIOTS
          Memetopia
          Imperium of Man
          New Leftist Union
          Liberty Alliance[c]100%[c]Zazumo - Lead
          BluieGamer
          Quietdad
          Deropia
          Stoskavanya[c]24/03/2018 - 31/03/2018[c]Minor[c]Anti-Fascist Joint Hold[c]The Great Fascist Legion[c]100%[c]Malphe
          Zazumo
          Deropia
          Quietdad
          The South Falls
          Darcania
          Almacs
          Arstotzka1
          Stoskavanya1
          Kasch
          BluieGamer
          aber639
          Sergio86
          Lotion
          Lozinak
          BMWSurfer

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia

[/b][/size]
          Loz
          • Village Drifter

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 15