Pages: 1 [2]

The Judiciary

Horse
  • Former Citizen
  • * Wintermoot is waiting for someone with experience, talent, and interest to make themselves known

What exactly is a Jarl of Resolutions?
    From the word of Wintermoot:
    The Jarl of Resolutions is similar to the Senator of Justice in The Pacific plus a mandate to mediate community conflicts before they blow up
    Horse
    • Has no clue how to do the the thing
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I tend to doubt someone new knows what a Senator of Justice in The Pacific does. >_>

In any case, this needs to be reworked, as I realized that the Jarl of Resolutions would both serve as Attorney General for the government and serve in the court system. Instead I propose for each criminal case that comes up, a random member of the Overhusen, and two random members of the Underhusen be selected to try the case. The Overhusen member would serve as Chief and carry out the procedures. Constitutional questions would be settled by the Overhusen still.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Charax
  • Paragons
  • Relic
  • Works for me.
    Charax
    Paragon of the Realm
    Skrifa of the 40th Underhusen
    Former Prince & Jarl of Foreign Affairs
    Charax
    • Relic
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    kinxer
  • Former Citizen
  • I tend to doubt someone new knows what a Senator of Justice in The Pacific does. >_>

In any case, this needs to be reworked, as I realized that the Jarl of Resolutions would both serve as Attorney General for the government and serve in the court system. Instead I propose for each criminal case that comes up, a random member of the Overhusen, and two random members of the Underhusen be selected to try the case. The Overhusen member would serve as Chief and carry out the procedures. Constitutional questions would be settled by the Overhusen still.
    Yeah... I really had no clue. :P

So, as opposed to creating a separate judiciary branch, we delegate those duties and privileges to the legislation? That's a convenient and clever way of going about that, especially with the randomness to prevent Overhusen and Underhusen members from gaining power over others in the legislature.
    kinxer
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • I don't suppose we'll need a judiciary in place for any legal issues (like a challenge about a law) as that'll be quite rare.
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]