Pages: [1] 2

The Cursed Map IC

Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath

• Mt. Albort being the tallest mountain on the island and located just in its centre was the perfect place for the students of Leon Central Elementry School to have their hiking trip, it was getting late as the sun was setting in the horizon and the teachers were setting tents for the student and themselves on one of the designated camping areas which was situated on of the mountain's many lips, this one In particulare was situated 4000 feet above the sea level which is just a third of the mountain's height, Odiro was standing on the edge and looking at the horizon "I can see Leon clearly from here" he said joyfully mostly to himself as he noticed the capital city of Cation Island which was just 30 miles away from the mountain.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:56:13 PM by Leo the First »
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    The First Overload and Protector of Leostine, Governor of Leonum, Commander of the Lion Riders and the Patriarch of the Proud House Fortis.
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • The Overlord of The Free Land Leostine
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • Keen to avoid attention, Mungmot climbed a tree, and slung a hammock between two branches about half way up the tree. It wasn't time to sleep yet, so he watched the through the leaves as the rest of the class set up camp. As he watched he noticed that one boy was standing at the edge of lip overlooking the country below. The fool, a gust of wind could pull him from the mountainside and there wouldn't be anything anyone could do about it. A soft breeze moved through the branches from the distant low lands, the clouds over head gave a hint of rain later in the week, but were not yet thick enough to threaten rain or worse tonight. Climbing even higher, Mungmot looked out over the same view Odiro saw, and glowered at the city he had lived in his whole life. He hated Leon, but it was the only place he knew and he had no where else to go. The wind was getting stronger, so Mungmot returned to the thicker branches where he'd decided to reside for the evening, and returned to watching his classmates in silence.
    Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la. {Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be.}
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Drexyl Nox
  • Citizen
  • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
  • Drexyl found a nice secluded corner to set up her tent. She clicked her tongue a couple times to determine what was around her then set up her tent. She adjusted her blindfold and lay down in the tent to think.
    Drexyl Nox
    • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
    • Axolotl Friend
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  • Ignazio pushed out of his tent, breathing deeply. He liked being out in the wilderness. Gave him a sense of liveliness. Like anything could happen. He enjoyed the unpredictability of it, just out of the contrast to what could be predicted. He looked around, seeing the other students setting up tents, relaxing, enjoying the sunset. He took out his little pocket book, writing down the where the sun was on the horizon. He was working on this formula, and it came increasingly important to measure that aspect.

It was then that he saw Odiro, and, grinning, began to swiftly make his way towards him,climbing up a bit to the lip. "Heya Odiro," Ignazio said, giving him a quick hug.
    Age-old Extra-Terrestrial Being of Wintreath.

Has the sworn loyalty of the Extra-Terrestrial Azure, the Demonic Mercenary Nova Arrakis Polaris, and the fiery Italian Ignazio Prospero.

In a complicated relationship with Jonewest, Eternal Queen of the Hill.
    The Golden Persian
    • Across the Cosmos lay the Imagination of Humanity
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath
  • Odiro laughed when he heard the voice and saw the hands of his friend Ignazio wrapping around him in a quick hug. he turned around to face the boy "Yo Ignazio" he greeted with a wink "so what are your plans after dinner?" he asked wondering if he would tell Ignazio about his scheming.
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    The First Overload and Protector of Leostine, Governor of Leonum, Commander of the Lion Riders and the Patriarch of the Proud House Fortis.
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •  Ignazio winked back at him, smirking, staring out over the expanse of the island towards Leon and out into the ocean. Man, he loved the horizon, with the sun setting over it. Beyond that is the rest of the world. He sometimes wondered what would happen if he just took a boat and sailed out. He gave himself four weeks, five if he brought extra provisions, despite it making things heavier.

"I wasn't going to do much, besides fixing up some star maps for my dad. He wants the angles verified when looking at them. If I may ask, why do you ask?" Ignazio asks with a chuckle.

Has the sworn loyalty of the Extra-Terrestrial Azure, the Demonic Mercenary Nova Arrakis Polaris, and the fiery Italian Ignazio Prospero.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath
  • Odiro thought for a moment and decided to reveal his plans to Ignazio "Well, when we were hiking towards this campsite, a weird looking cave caught my eye, no one else seemed to have noticed it though, and you know me being curious and stuff, I decided to check it out once everyone sleeps...I thought about it a bit and decided that I needed company" Odiro said as he glanced at Ignazio, trying to read any reaction out of the amber eyed boy "of course I will understand if you rejected since we might get caught sneaking at night by the teachers" he added feeling a bit selfish.
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • Mungmot sat in his tree, his back against the trunk, apparently unobserved so far, though he wasn't certain if Drexyl knew where he was or not, did echo-location have an effective range? He figured it was like sight, in that it performed better in some areas and situations than others, and figured the wind would keep the range from encompassing the whole camp. He did wish she hadn't pitched her tent right below his hammock... maybe that was her way of saying I see you without drawing the rest of the camp's attention to him. Mungmot shrugged and shifted his attention back to the figure on the edge of the cliff, no longer solitary. He recognized Ignazio and, as the other boy turned, Odiro, standing looking out over the mountainside. He wondered briefly what they were discussing, the wind bringing the faint sound of their voices and distorting them so that making sense of their speech was impossible. He watched the two carefully, recognizing, without realizing it, the same body language he saw in his father and uncles when they sat alone talking with each other, always growing quite if anyone approached. If only everyone didn't mistrust him because of his name, he might not be so eager to avoid the others' attention.
    Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la. {Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be.}
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   Ignazio kept a poker face as he continued to look out over the cliff, mulling it over in hid head. He kept it up for about of minute, until a smile crept onto his face. "An exciting, risky adventure at night into a strange cave. Well, you make it sound so irresistible. So, yes, I will gladly join you,"he said with a slight chuckle, turning his head towards Odiro.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath
  • "thank you very much, and yeah I know it's risky especially fo me being a Cationy and what not" Odiro said and frowned lightly at the last part, he hated being treated like glass just because his uncle is the king of the Cation Island and the chieftain of the Cation tribe. A teacher noticed the two standing on the edge of the mountain "Odiro dear don't stand too close to the edge, oh you too Ignazio" she warned as she left to take care of the Dinner "yup just like that" he grumbled but then noticed Mungmot looking at their direction "it seems Mungmot is curious about our conversation, what do you think, should we take him with us too?" Odiro asked his Katez friend.
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • Interesting, Odiro had sharp eyes to notice Mungmot up in the tree, through a few branches even, with out some much as a serious search. Mungmot glowered, and moved down the tree, dropping a little heavily just behind Drexyl's tent. He considered moving off into the camp and avoiding the two other boys, but then thought that would seem cowardly and rejected the idea immediately.  He moved around the tent and stood by the front left corner, again watching his two class mates. Approaching them would just draw attention to himself, so he sat down where he was and began braiding four strands of twine together into a single strand of rope. One end would eventually hold a sooth rock that fit snugly into his fist, about the size of a large marble.
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   Ignazio deliberated on the idea. He wasn't entirely a huge fan of Mungmot,and didn't exactly like his personality much. Him being an Ashtu also made him seem a bit iffy, even though Ignazio knew it was a societal bias. He heard  the teacher yell after, them, and, rolling his eyes, began making his way down. "Well, it's up to  you Odiro, I don't particularly mind much..." Ignazio said rather solidly.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath
  • Odiro sighed when he saw Ignazio reaction "I know what your thinking, it's about him being an Ashtu, well it's real that most wanted criminals are Ashtus but that doesn't make all Ashtus criminals, hell, one of our classmates Tonio Zanardi is always getting average marks, the poor boy is treated like a black sheep in his family but this shows that there can be exceptions" he said as he moved passed teachers who greeted him and he greeted back off handily, he heard the girls sighing as he pass them, he could almost hear them thinking about him like he was their prince charming which made him really uncomfortable, finally he and ignazio reach Mungmot location "hey what's up" he greeted cheeringly.
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • Mungmot kept an eye on the approaching boys in his peripheral, but otherwise offered no reaction to their approach. He  just kept braiding, and was just tying the last not on his improvised flail when they arrived. Coiling the three feet of braided chord in his lap, he responded in a slightly defensive tone, used to be suspected of every crime under the sun because of his name.

Minding my own business, and legally too, in case you are wondering. What are you doing?
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Leo the First
  • Former Citizen
  • The Lion of Wintreath
  • Odiro chuckled at Mungmot defensive tone "fine, fine, you don't need to be that defensive, we are just going to go have an adventure this night, and we were just wondering if you could join us" he said in a calming tone.
    Leo I Potestas Fortis
    House Fortis Banner
    Leo the First
    • The Lion of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Fortis
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2